nawaz shareef visit to india will strenghten the relations???

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
The invitation from Indian Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi to Pakistan's Prime Minister (PM) Nawaz Sharif to attend his oath-taking ceremony in New Delhi has stirred socio-political circles in Pakistan.
will this strenghten the relations between pakistan and india ???????

The Pakistani media  appeared sceptical about the outcome of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's visit to India and his first meeting with his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi, who cleverly bought himself goodwill internationally, but did so by conceding nothing.

your thoughts on the topic
It was a goodwill gesture on both sides. For any relation to strengthen first and foremost thing required is communication between the two. Shutting off communication is no way to move forwards.
Nothing will improve communications until Pakistan stops their obsession with Kashmir. 

India has always tried to move forward but even after all this they continue their attacks. They still don't want to admit to the 26/11 attack, and have the guts to call it conspiracy. Nothing will improve realations until Pakistan supports terrorist groups/activities. 

Dawood is still there in Pakistan and they pretend not to know anything about him. His daughter is marrried to Javed Miandad's son ( who is Pakistans ex cricket player)

I hope to really see changes happening in Pakistan, where people are not afraid of visiting it due to security reasons. All countries want to have peaceful relations with each other and its our neighbouring country, we definitely want to see what changes our new government will bring about.

Edited by Connie - 9 years ago
As I said in other topic this was a occasion to celebrate swearing ceremony if Indian PM. Nawaz went there with a goodwill gesture and kept his rhetoric to broad statements like he wants the peace process to start, we need to think about poor etc. Modi on the other hand talked about 5 demands and all that.

I just dont think this is appropriate behavior and the this was not the occasion. Pakistanis too have concerns on Kashmir, water, terrorism from afghanistan ete etc. However this was not the occasion and these things could have been discussed in bilateral talks later.

In his eagerness to show himself as some sort of strong man or maybe to please his voting base Modi or manybe his advisors got little overboard.

Anyway now Nawaz is in problem as almost everyone is accusing him of being too positive and in return getting same crap of do more etc. He has to cover that now. ol

Overall nothing will change as I believe in the end people, government etc do not want to move further. Which is fine. As long as there is no fight I am okay. We should focus on own people betterment.
Will it strengthen relations? Yes and no.
Yes, because it initiates dialogue, so even if it is a baby step, it's an improvement compared to the earlier situation where there was no dialogue at all between the two.

No, as nothing is going to change overnight. This is just the start and remains to be seen how far it goes. Even if it gains some momentum in future, we should remember that even one untoward incident can derail the whole process. So, don't hope for too much till the time some concrete results are visible.