Meandering Minds #1 - (For Members Only) - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
Thanks for the thread Angie & inviting and great name Misti.

Name that you prefer to use while interacting with each other: Jia (in short😊)

Current Shows You are Watching (Indian Shows): IPKKND EBP, Mahabharat
I have penchant for mythological,historica shows so every now and then when ever I switch on TV I try to find some thing on TV like Jodha Akbhar, Maharana Pratap but they didn't catch my attention much. 
I have very minimal exp in hindi shows esp the social dramas - my Mom watches a lot of them, I used to glance every now & then; but none attracted my attention until EBP ...it was one which I caught while browsing channels and no looking back since I like dark hero and sweet girl kind of stories πŸ˜‰. Now  I am addicted to the show, even though I am not liking much how it is progressing but still continuing it. 
Once Angie wrote about Gulaal, so I watched some epis online of it; I liked it. So, I might continue watching it when time permits. 

Non-Indian Shows: Person of Interest, Bing Bang Theory, Scandal, Parenthood.
I started watching Non-Indian shows first with sitcoms- like Friends, Seinfeld, Everybody loves Raymond, then 24.
More than shows I watch lot of movies; in fact now it has reduced now due to time constraints...I like romcoms, sitcoms, suspense, thrillers, historical, sci-fi...any kind except horror I just abhor them. 

Actors You Like in TV Industry/Movies: 
TV : Avinash Sachdev, Manish Wadhwa, Geetanjali Takekaar, Shrenu Parikh, Saurabh Raj Jain.

Movies: Aamir Khan, Vidya Balan, Ajay Devgan, Ranbir Kapoor, Kamal Hassan, Rekha, Leonardo Di Caprio, Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Kate Winslet, (I am not able to remember lot of names now) 
Edited by jia.astk - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Myra.nelly

how is ur weekend?..here is raining and is gloomy  so cant get out of the house..
My weekend...I am working. The weather is actually ok here. For a change it is not raining...πŸ˜ƒ
Name - sonia

location- punjab(India)

fav actors- amitabh, sunil dutt, pran, avinash

fav shows - watching ebp for avinash... I usually watch B R chopra s Mahabharata ,the three stoges and Alif laila in free time...

Movies- mainly like old Hindi movies,like movies of amitabh deewar,trishul ,shlolay
deewar s vijay is my fav role of amitabh!

@ Jia...Gulal is a good show. I also enjoyed watching it...

Originally posted by misti73

Hi Tina...good to finally know your name. I must confess that I have been wondering that what is the link between First Light and Sun.😳 See my mind does meander a lot...sometimes it meanders to such an extent that I do have to sit and think that where exactly is the starting point.  Anyway that's why I thought about the name Meandering minds...lets see what journey our meandering minds take us on.  

I must say that Noddy was one of my fav characters. I liked his car. Do you have a boy or a girl?

Hi Misti!

Actually there was this show a few years back on Hallmark channel. It was a early morning show, mostly inspirational, where everyone spoke is hushed voices and spoke about their morning routines. In one episode, they showed this family who hiked every morning to the top of a nearby mountain to watch the sunrise. In one clip they showed them reaching the top and waiting for sunrise and then when the first rays came in, someone whispered "first light". That image has stayed in my mind since then, such a simple thing but it inspires me.

Speaking of meandering minds...I have one of those as well. It takes quite the detour sometimesπŸ˜‰. No wonder I like your title! πŸ˜†

O Noddy is my favorite too! Brings back so many childhood memories! I have a boy. A very very very active one.πŸ˜ƒ

hello ladies! 

here is my brief intro

Name that you prefer to use while interacting with each other: Rekha

Current Shows You are Watching (Indian Shows): watch EBP religiously though i complain all the time. this is the only show i watch alone, without company. that's the reason i joined the forum😊. watch mahabharat on the weekends with family.

Non-Indian Shows: currently i'm waiting for this season of game of thrones to end so that i can watch all the episodes at once. i cannot wait for one whole week to watch each episode. a little low on patienceπŸ˜ƒ. i want to watch madmen but somebody is not interestedπŸ˜”. i plan to convince him once the final season finishes and then binge watch all seasonsπŸ˜ƒ

Actors You Like in TV Industry/Movies: i like a lot of actors but from hindi movies, among females i like waheeda rehman, rekha, zeenat aman, rani mukherjee and deepika padukone in different generations. among males, i like amitabh bachchan and aamir khan and ranbir kapoor the best.

from the tv industry, among males, i like avinash sachdev and manish wadhwa the best. the more i watch samir sharma, the more i realize the beauty of his subtle performance. he also joined the list of my favorites. i like barun sobti and sharad kelkar as well. among females, i like sakshi tanwar, geetanjali tikekar, vibha anand, sanaya irani and shrenu parikh.

i watch english movies but don't have a special liking for anyone, except for will smith, probably because he resembles my brother.

Edited by dsr11 - 9 years ago
Welcome everyone:

Thanks for joining.  This should be fun.  Finally, we have a place where we can talk about a lot of stuff and do not have to limit it to EBP. 

I am late in responding to the thread because I kept on thinking that I would get PMs.  So I was checking it until just now.  Then I thought that maybe somebody might have responded on the thread.  So here I am.

Tina,  finally know your name.  Though I do like first_light also.  For me:

Name:  Angie

Hindi Shows:  Was watching EBP.  Now watch an episode if update seems interesting. Watching on and off Yeh Mohabattein, Ek Haseena thi - again depends on an episode.  No attachement to any show anymore so watch it if I feel like watching it.  

American Shows:  Until CB few years ago,  only used to watch American shows.  But these days I am off TV and more on internet.  So not watching anything.

Actors:  Avinash, Manish and Geetanjali.  Also like Mouni Roy based on the first part of Mahadev.  

Current Movie Actors (HIndi):  Naseeruddin Shah, Nawazuddin,  Irfan, Nana Patekar, Manoj Bajpai, Amitabh,  Vidya Balan, Aaamir (in his recent movies ever since he turned producer and not on any of his old movies).

Non-Indians - No one in particular but depends on the movie.  Like George Clooney in his political movies such as Syrianna,  Matt Damon (Good Will Hunting where he was a maths genius),  Meryl Streep (find her very graceful in her acting).

Non-Indian movies - Superman series I and II (Christopher Reeves) are my all time favorite movies because there is something innocent (maybe because they were my first English movies that I watched on video as a kid), and I just liked Christopher Reeves who in my opinion was the best superman.
Originally posted by Myra.nelly

Hello there!! Finally a welcoming place to chat on😊 Very good idea ladiesπŸ‘πŸΌ thanks for the invitation!!
Ok, so coming to the introduction:

Name: Myra
Hindi shows i watch: ofcourse EBP on and off, cant get free of this addiction although ashta is so irritating, Rangrasiya,when i have time, started watching it bcoz it was shot in Rajasthan ( i think :P) seems like a beautiful place.. the male lead is interesting character

Non-hindi shows i watch: The Vampire Diaries..oh, this is a chick flick we were watching in college so i got addicted to this aswell as my friends
Fringe, i just fisnished watching all   5 seasons, strongly recommend it , simply brilliant..i watched many other shows like Prison Break( all time fav serial) and Supernatural..the list is loong..

Actors i like: Avinash and SRK from indian tv, non-hindi..Johnny Depp, Bill Nighy

Myra,  welcome.  And congratulations on finishing the exams.  It must be a relief not to study anymore.

I also used to like Prison Break - the first three seasons.  They kind of started repeating the same formula after that especially when they killed Sara and then brought her back.  But it was brilliantly written and it was the edge of seat thriller.  

Vampire Diaries is quite popular though I have not seen it.  I have heard about fringe but am not watching it.  These days either cartoons play in my house or news or some science fiction or science doucmentary.  Will try fringe if it is available online.

Yes, I like Johnny Depp too.
Originally posted by dsr11

hello ladies! 

here is my brief intro

Name that you prefer to use while interacting with each other: Rekha

Current Shows You are Watching (Indian Shows): watch EBP religiously though i complain all the time. this is the only show i watch alone, without company. that's the reason i joined the forumSmile. watch mahabharat on the weekends with family.

Non-Indian Shows: currently i'm waiting for this season of game of thrones to end so that i can watch all the episodes at once. i cannot wait for one whole week to watch each episode. a little low on patience. i want to watch madmen but somebody is not interestedUnhappy. i plan to convince him once the final season finishes and then binge watch all seasons

Actors You Like in TV Industry/Movies: i like a lot of actors but from hindi movies, among females i like waheeda rehman, rekha, zeenat aman, rani mukherjee and deepika padukone in different generations. among males, i like amitabh bachchan and aamir khan and ranbir kapoor the best.

from the tv industry, among males, i like avinash sachdev and manish wadhwa the best. the more i watch samir sharma, the more i realize the beauty of his subtle performance. he also joined the list of my favorites. i like barun sobti and sharad kelkar as well. among females, i like sakshi tanwar, geetanjali tikekar, vibha anand, sanaya irani and shrenu parikh.

i watch english movies but don't have a special liking for anyone, except for will smith, probably because he resembles my brother.

Hi rekha,
I watched game of thrones first season, then they killed khal drogo and stopped watching it..him and dany made an interesting pair..after his death lost the interest..
I also like Will Smith, he is a great actor..you should see his 'i am legend" movie, its superb
@Myra: All the best to your dissertation. I am pretty bad at thesis kind of work, my love is math.
But I was the talkative one among all my friends in college, so that is what is being used here πŸ˜†.
Prison break ..I watched a little bit at one point but later stopped it.

@Misti: I too love Sanjeev Kumar, Farookh Sheikh, Amol Parlekar, Naseeruddin Shah.
Sholay is my all time fav. Masoom, Golmaal ..I have watched these movies so many times.
My list can just go on πŸ˜›...recently Nawazuddin siddiqui..he is too good. Have to watch lunch box...time πŸ˜•. 

@Tina: Nice to know your name finally. I too watch lot of cartoons these days due to two active kids...name them I watch them Dora, Tom&Jerry, Curious Goerge, Bubble Gupplies ..
The series that I watch are that I record and watch later in the night!

@Angie: Now that you stated some names...I am remembering a lot of movies πŸ˜‰...
Spiderman series, James Bond (like Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan out of all) , oh..Matt Damon(Good Will hunting, Bourne Series...) how did I forget. 
Have you watched the recent Amazing Spider man yet? The special effects were good. Do you like Godzilla kind of movies? that is in my list of to do πŸ˜‰

@Rekha: Will smith, the one movie that I comes to my mind when I hear his name is 'I am Legend' , the dark seekers/zombie movie, I was sitting in a corner while watching that movie all the time , while my friends were just having fun. He is a very talented actor.

@Sonia: Nice meeting you.

Nice talking to you all ladies and fun reading your likes. I see I used the word 'a lot' a lot πŸ˜†
Edited by jia.astk - 9 years ago