Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: jia.astk

Thanks for the thread Angie & inviting and great name Misti.

Name that you prefer to use while interacting with each other: Jia (in short😊)

Current Shows You are Watching (Indian Shows): IPKKND EBP, Mahabharat
I have penchant for mythological,historica shows so every now and then when ever I switch on TV I try to find some thing on TV like Jodha Akbhar, Maharana Pratap but they didn't catch my attention much. 
I have very minimal exp in hindi shows esp the social dramas - my Mom watches a lot of them, I used to glance every now & then; but none attracted my attention until EBP ...it was one which I caught while browsing channels and no looking back since I like dark hero and sweet girl kind of stories ðŸ˜‰. Now  I am addicted to the show, even though I am not liking much how it is progressing but still continuing it. 
Once Angie wrote about Gulaal, so I watched some epis online of it; I liked it. So, I might continue watching it when time permits. 

Non-Indian Shows: Person of Interest, Bing Bang Theory, Scandal, Parenthood.
I started watching Non-Indian shows first with sitcoms- like Friends, Seinfeld, Everybody loves Raymond, then 24.
More than shows I watch lot of movies; in fact now it has reduced now due to time constraints...I like romcoms, sitcoms, suspense, thrillers, historical, sci-fi...any kind except horror I just abhor them. 

Actors You Like in TV Industry/Movies: 
TV : Avinash Sachdev, Manish Wadhwa, Geetanjali Takekaar, Shrenu Parikh, Saurabh Raj Jain.

Movies: Aamir Khan, Vidya Balan, Ajay Devgan, Ranbir Kapoor, Kamal Hassan, Rekha, Leonardo Di Caprio, Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Kate Winslet, (I am not able to remember lot of names now) 

Jia,  Gulaal is a good show.  It is by Spheres Origin (same as EBP) and its cast was also very talented.  The only difference is that Spheres kept the characters more or less consistent until the end.  So the villain was a grey character and hero was a grey one who remained like that even after one year of the show.  The heroine was as usual goody one but not a one-dimensional positive irritating character.  They even showed her admitting her mistakes and that some of her good intentions ended up hurting other people.   There was a big confrontation between her and the male lead where she finally admitted her mistakes and where her actions ended up as being manipulating others' lives.  

I don't know how this PH allowed their characters to become so one dimensional in EBP when there was no need.  

I watched EBP after a long time today and liked it in parts.  Astha is still the only one with brains but at least today Shlok was shown in some of his original form with Sulbha.  Though I would have liked him to suspect Sulbha by himself rather than Astha as usual pointing out.  
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Angie, i think its raining all over the world..here it rains also in india, usa..someone call Noah!!
First_Light thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ Mishti: "Non-Indian Shows...Just finished watching Northanger Abbey. Again nothing in particular but I cannot resist a Poirot or  a Miss. Marple mystery. "
Same here. I'm also a huge Jane Austen fan. Love to watch all the makes and remakes of shows and movies from her books! 

Varun Badola is another one from the serial world that I like very much. I've see his Koshish, Astitva and parts of Ek chabi hai pados mein. In fact I think I'm going to watch Ek chabi online sometime, I really liked how much I've seen when it was being telecast.

Have any of you seen Lunchbox? I'm really interested in seeing it.

@Jia: "Non-Indian Shows: Person of Interest, Bing Bang Theory, Scandal, Parenthood.I started watching Non-Indian shows first with sitcoms- like Friends, Seinfeld, Everybody loves Raymond, then 24."
Yeah I started watching with some of these as well,thanks to their endless reruns! Seinfeld, Raymond, Cosby show, the Nanny, Golden girls. And more recently, Gilmore girls. If nothing else, they're quite entertaining! I even watched that's so Raven just because Raven's so talented. I actually Iiked it!

@ Rekha: "from the tv industry, among males, i like avinash sachdev and manish wadhwa the best. the more i watch samir sharma, the more i realize the beauty of his subtle performance. he also joined the list of my favorites. i like barun sobti and sharad kelkar as well. among females, i like sakshi tanwar, geetanjali tikekar, vibha anand, sanaya irani and shrenu parikh."
I agree about Samir Sharma. He could actually pull it off with some meatier roles I think. I liked Sakshi Tanwar and Ram Kapoor in Bade Achhe Lagte hain. I really liked this serial up until it started taking the time leaps, after that I lost interest and stopped watching. I just started watching the IPKKND season 1 and I like it! Barun and Sanaya are pretty good in it.

@Angie: "Tina,  finally know your name.  Though I do like first_light also."
Thanks Angie, I like first_light too! I just wanted to use it somewhere.

@Chithra: "So as of now I am watching EBP on Indian tv and English it's House , Criminal Minds, Law and Order , re runs of Sherlock (every single repeat), BBT. I do occassionally watch YHM. "
I used to watch criminal minds addictively until I could take it no more. I really liked their problem solving part and team work and interpersonal relationships but I just couldn't handle the graphic crime scenes anymore. Some of those scenes still haunt me. By the way, which Sherlock Holmes are u talking about, the old or the new version? I've only seen the old version and I like it very much.

I'd love to discuss some of the old hindi serials like Farmaan, Trishna etc if anyone's interested!

Angie12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jassi87

Name - sonia

location- punjab(India)

fav actors- amitabh, sunil dutt, pran, avinash

fav shows - watching ebp for avinash... I usually watch B R chopra s Mahabharata ,the three stoges and Alif laila in free time...

Movies- mainly like old Hindi movies,like movies of amitabh deewar,trishul ,shlolay
deewar s vijay is my fav role of amitabh!

Sonia,  welcome.  

I also liked BR Chopra's Mahabharat.  I tried watching the new one, but gave up after they showed the grownup Karn as this puppet of totally evil Duryodhan and showed Arjun washing his feet.  

I like Amitabh's old movies and some new ones like Paa, Cheeni Kum. 
First_Light thumbnail
@Angie:  
Tina,  I have seen few episodes of Jodha Akbar  I used to find Jodha Akbar hilarious because Ekta has her own formula and she inserts it in every show - whether it is a historical or contemporary.  But have to hand it to her.  She knows what sells with her audience and her shows usually work. She is a good business woman who knows both her product and her customers.

Yup I agree! Ekta sure knows her audience. I particularly like the disclaimer read by Om Puri's deep voice, which is there for a good reason😉. I found JA to be entertaing for the most part but now it's just getting sillier than usual. I'll probably be off it pretty soon. I think Ekta Kapoor has removed herself from the show due to some problems?
Edited by First_Light - 9 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: dsr11

hello ladies! 

here is my brief intro

Name that you prefer to use while interacting with each other: Rekha

Current Shows You are Watching (Indian Shows): watch EBP religiously though i complain all the time. this is the only show i watch alone, without company. that's the reason i joined the forum😊. watch mahabharat on the weekends with family.

Non-Indian Shows: currently i'm waiting for this season of game of thrones to end so that i can watch all the episodes at once. i cannot wait for one whole week to watch each episode. a little low on patience😃. i want to watch madmen but somebody is not interested😔. i plan to convince him once the final season finishes and then binge watch all seasons😃

Actors You Like in TV Industry/Movies: i like a lot of actors but from hindi movies, among females i like waheeda rehman, rekha, zeenat aman, rani mukherjee and deepika padukone in different generations. among males, i like amitabh bachchan and aamir khan and ranbir kapoor the best.

from the tv industry, among males, i like avinash sachdev and manish wadhwa the best. the more i watch samir sharma, the more i realize the beauty of his subtle performance. he also joined the list of my favorites. i like barun sobti and sharad kelkar as well. among females, i like sakshi tanwar, geetanjali tikekar, vibha anand, sanaya irani and shrenu parikh.

i watch english movies but don't have a special liking for anyone, except for will smith, probably because he resembles my brother.

Rekha,  I also like Waheeda Rehman.  I find her one of the most beautiful heroines of Hindi movies.  She also could act.  But Nutan is my all time favorite.  I just loved her in Bandini (one of my favorite movies of all times) and Seema (very very old movie and I believe she was just sixteen in that movie).  They showed the trauma of an abused kid who turned rebellious.  I liked how the male lead (Balraj Sahani) slowly changed her.

I have only seen those alien movies of Will Smith though I heard that he was really good in "I am Legend".  But I have seen his sitcom "Prince of Bel Air" and I always liked him in that.
First_Light thumbnail
Originally posted by: Angie12

Rekha,  I also like Waheeda Rehman.  I find her one of the most beautiful heroines of Hindi movies.  She also could act.  But Nutan is my all time favorite.  I just loved her in Bandini (one of my favorite movies of all times) and Seema (very very old movie and I believe she was just sixteen in that movie).  They showed the trauma of an abused kid who turned rebellious.  I liked how the male lead (Balraj Sahani) slowly changed her. These are my all time favorite actors too! I love the movie Seema. Balraj Sahni has a certain nameless ageless charm. I like him very much. Nutan and Waheeda Rehman are just classic I think. I'm rarely disappointed in any of their movies.

I have only seen those alien movies of Will Smith though I heard that he was really good in "I am Legend".  But I have seen his sitcom "Prince of Bel Air" and I always liked him in that. Have you seen him in the pursuit of happyness? He was simply brilliant in it I felt.

Angie12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: jia.astk

@Angie: Now that you stated some names...I am remembering a lot of movies ðŸ˜‰...
Spiderman series, James Bond (like Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan out of all) , oh..Matt Damon(Good Will hunting, Bourne Series...) how did I forget. 
Have you watched the recent Amazing Spider man yet? The special effects were good. Do you like Godzilla kind of movies? that is in my list of to do ðŸ˜‰

Jia,  I also like some of James Bond series.  Favorite James Bonds are Sean Connery and now I like Daniel Craig. 

I was planning to watch Amazing Spider man  because of its special effects, but I think it is out of theaters now.  So have to wait until it comes on TV or on netflix.

I am not much into Godzilla type movies.  I like Superman, batman type movies - super heroes based on comics I used to read as a kid.
Angie12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: chitsss

Hi guys... 😃 So I am Chithra ... you guys can call me Chits , Chithra as it suits you!! I stay in Bangalore , India and like most people here am a Software Engg.(to my immense regret ofcourse) 😃
So as of now I am watching EBP on Indian tv and English it's House , Criminal Minds, Law and Order , re runs of Sherlock (every single repeat), BBT. I do occassionally watch YHM.
Hmmm... actors no favourites as such!!! But am in lubh with BC as of now 😉 😉

Chithra,  welcome.  Why do you regret being a software Eng.  Is it because you wanted to do something different.

I was once crazy about Sherlock Holmes series.  I cannot remember the actor who used to play Sherlock Holmes.  It was a British series and the actor they chose was perfect - matched the description of Sherlock Holmes in the books.  Then at one point,  I ended up reading all the stories of Sherlock Holmes from start to finish.  I had gone to a book fair and I found this collection of Sherlock Holmes in a 2 volume.  Then one day I was bored out of my mind and started reading them.  Then I read them from start to finish in just 2-3 days.  

Who is BC?  
Angie12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Myra.nelly

🤣 O.M.G , a horse?😆😆 my question totally worths the effort😆ur answer is adorable, i am not torturing you..yet, i am just curious😳 btw, do u really know how a yak really looks like?

Myra, come on.😆  You knew it was going to be difficult for me.  And I have seen a yak in pictures while in school.  I just cannot exactly remember its proper face now.  And that was not  my official answer.  So it does not count.  And no more questions on animals.  Or if you do,  Misti is going to be my representative in answering these questions.

And I just your combination of subjects.  Maths and Economics are fine as they do go together.  But Geography is an unusual subject.  Was this subject your choice or was it mandatory?