Meandering Minds #1 - (For Members Only) - Page 95

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by jia.astk

Angie...I love your nephew's logic and he made you 8 years older in one year ;)...beware next year he might add few more. He reminds me of my daughter when she asks my age I say not more than 18...she retorts immediately "you definitely are not that young mommy"...hehe..one day we went for ice cream parlor and when I said it's date with mommy..tada..pat comes the reply..a date is something with boyfriend not mommy..
Have fun Angie..chao

Well,  I am looking at the glass half full.  So ignored that he added 8 years.  I just was happy that though I am quite old in his eyes, he thinks I am 24.  

Girls are way smarter than boys.  So your daughter is much smarter than my older nephew in these things.  And she is so funny. 

My younger nephew is like that who analyzes and then counter argues everything.
My older nephew is the innocent ones who really don't much know about a lot of stuff.  But he is slightly getting wiser and so he is refusing to believe blindly in anything I say.  I am starting to miss those earlier years.
Originally posted by misti73

You are welcome Angie. Yeh I remembered and I kept on reminding myself that I should not forget it on the actual day.
Is you Nephew going to take leaps of 8 years...I mean I am trying to calculate something here.😆😉

Misti,  that is my problem.  I will remember a birthday until just the day before and then forget to wish a person on the actual date.  It is so frustrating when I sometimes forget to wish even a close friend or close family.  

And don't spoil my fun by reminding me that he took a leap of 8 years.  I am just happy that I was 24 in his eyes and this was in February of this year.  Now my Birthday was in the weekday and so will only meet him this weekend.  Hopefully he will stay at 24.
Originally posted by Angie12

Rekha,  thank you.  Great to see you in this thread.  Thought you had left the forum.
hi angie,
i did leave the forum, but keep coming back now and then, which i don't think is good for my sanity😆. i dont even know why i am following this stupid ebp. other than this soap, i am glad that i went back to my old habit of watching tv soaps from a safe distance without exerting my brain and conscience. now i just spend 1 hr on the weekends to catch up with whats happening on those one or two soaps i am following currently😊.
Originally posted by chitsss

I started watching Numm , a Pakistani serial Misti recommended. And I like it , I am still trying to understand what exactly the male lead feels towards his Vanni 😉 , an older woman. The actors save the parallel female lead are good , the setting is beautiful and the OST is sweet though overused.

Chitra found this promo of Numm...it reminded me of your question.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxTJoi5EZW0[/YOUTUBE] 
Originally posted by misti73

Ok you stumped me here.  I wanted to give a witty reply  but all I could find was quotes on money and love.  And they were not that funny.  Something like - Money is like a sixth sense - and you can't make use of the other five without it." - William Somerset Maugham

"Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort." - Helen Gurley Brown

I tried substituting money with Birthday Presents and the quote became even more unfunny.  So I guess I have to be gracious and pretend that I want to get love more than I want to get birthday presents. ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜­  Ok...but I am still not accepting this from my husband who has to give me a proper present along with a birthday party ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by aviation-ca

Happy Birthday Angie...

Have a wonderful year ahead!!! You are as young as you feel, not a year older...
Aruna, 

Thank you.  I do feel very young.  And I now am going with Mark Twain.  Age is an issue of mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.  My interpretation of this quote is that my mind has accepted that I am quite young (say early 20s).😉  So whatever some silly paper says, it does not matter.😆

Originally posted by dsr11

hi angie,
i did leave the forum, but keep coming back now and then, which i don't think is good for my sanity😆. i dont even know why i am following this stupid ebp. other than this soap, i am glad that i went back to my old habit of watching tv soaps from a safe distance without exerting my brain and conscience. now i just spend 1 hr on the weekends to catch up with whats happening on those one or two soaps i am following currently😊.

Rekha, welcome to the AA club of watching Hindi soaps .  There are few stages to that.  You are in one of the last stages where you are almost over your addiction of watching a soap.  This show is not going to last that long.  Writers are now at a point where they were in the previous show a month or so before it closed.  the story is same but there is a role reversal of genders.  Hero of EBP is doing what heroine of other show was doing, heroine of EBP is doing what hero of the other show was doing and villian was vamp in previous show.  So now that there is going to be a marriage scheduled between villian and married heroine (it was between vamp and married hero in writers previous show),  there is not that many days left either in the end of the track or of the show.

Rekha, welcome to the AA club of watching Hindi soaps .  There are few stages to that.  You are in one of the last stages where you are almost over your addiction of watching a soap.  This show is not going to last that long.  Writers are now at a point where they were in the previous show a month or so before it closed.  the story is same but there is a role reversal of genders.  Hero of EBP is doing what heroine of other show was doing, heroine of EBP is doing what hero of the other show was doing and villian was vamp in previous show.  So now that there is going to be a marriage scheduled between villian and married heroine (it was between vamp and married hero in writers previous show),  there is not that many days left either in the end of the track or of the show.

😛looks like it. everyone on the show seems either acting without interest or leaving on some pretext, except for the poor asst director, who became everyone's favorite butt to kick😛. he is so confused that he is openly begging people to not confuse him further.😆 what can he do now when the damage was done long ago in the last year jan/feb, when they changed the story from aastha working in that company shlok bought, to her staying at agnihotri house for 6 mo (by court orders?!) to be the good bahu and go on a "reformation" spree.

looks like this production house has also moved on. they started another show, piya rangrezz on life ok, with similar story in a different setting. didn't know initially that it was from this 
PH and i liked narayani shastri and the camera work in this show's promo. after knowing that its from sphere origins, thought not to bother myself. they also started one more show "gangaa" on AndTV under waseem's direction again. i have two reasons to not watch this show, the ph and waseem. they will definitely spoil it with their crooked thinking, so i wont spare a glance.

Ok you stumped me here.  I wanted to give a witty reply  but all I could find was quotes on money and love.  And they were not that funny.  Something like - Money is like a sixth sense - and you can't make use of the other five without it." - William Somerset Maugham

"Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort." - Helen Gurley Brown

I tried substituting money with Birthday Presents and the quote became even more unfunny.  So I guess I have to be gracious and pretend that I want to get love more than I want to get birthday presents. ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜­  Ok...but I am still not accepting this from my husband who has to give me a proper present along with a birthday party ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by dsr11

😛looks like it. everyone on the show seems either acting without interest or leaving on some pretext, except for the poor asst director, who became everyone's favorite butt to kick😛. he is so confused that he is openly begging people to not confuse him further.😆 what can he do now when the damage was done long ago in the last year jan/feb, when they changed the story from aastha working in that company shlok bought, to her staying at agnihotri house for 6 mo (by court orders?!) to be the good bahu and go on a "reformation" spree.

looks like this production house has also moved on. they started another show, piya rangrezz on life ok, with similar story in a different setting. didn't know initially that it was from this 
PH and i liked narayani shastri and the camera work in this show's promo. after knowing that its from sphere origins, thought not to bother myself. they also started one more show "gangaa" on AndTV under waseem's direction again. i have two reasons to not watch this show, the ph and waseem. they will definitely spoil it with their crooked thinking, so i wont spare a glance.

Rekha, so the assistant director has replaced Shalmalee who a while ago used to be abused daily by fans?  I am not up to date on EBP wars right now.   Don't the fans know that director or actors are not responsible for the script.  And yes the damage was done over a year ago.  

But it is not unusual for this soap or this PH.  Every soap or PH is the same.  See PH is a business unit and their main goal is to make profit.  If their soap runs for 8 months or so, they break even.  Else they lose money.  Then after 8-9 months, they start making money.  Once the soap has run beyond 1.5 years,  it is additional profit that is invested in other soaps.  So right now EBP and Balika Vadhu are two ventures which are being used to pump money in their other new shows.  So cost cutting (initial cast getting trimmed and getting replaced by less costly new less known cast) is going to be done with these two shows while making sure that they still keep decent ratings - enough to last for few more months.  it is a good business model.  In fact, if I have to go back and redo my MBA,  I would use Hindi soaps as a case study for my thesis.  There is so much data now and you can do a lot of marketing/finance type analysis.

Talking of Ganga,  I am no longer interested in so called social upliftment type soaps when the intention is just the opposite - exploit social issues to make money.  Waseem was good in his initial soaps.  But now I feel that he thinks too highly of himself.  He does not even tolerate constructive criticism about the script , editing or any other feature.  I did not know Rangrez was Spheres product.  One day I was flipping channel and Narayani Shastri caught my eye.  She is a good actress.  But I had to change the channel after watching 10 minutes of the show.  It was too gross for my taste.  She was torturing the heroine who I guess is married unwillingly to his son, by forcibly stripping her off .  The son wasshown as a goon.  If he is the hero,  then I guess he will change into a nice person at some stage.