Supernatural

Jensen Ackles on playing much darker Dean

HaymurS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Jensen Ackles on playing much darker Dean

When you've been around on TV for as long as "Supernatural" has, you basically have to expect that there are going to be some changes here and there. Even with that being said, though, the idea of Dean becoming a demon moving forward completely blew our mind. It was one of the most shocking cliffhangers to date, and it certainly sets the stage for an interesting tenth season of the show in the fall.

This will be one of the bigger challenges that Jensen Ackles has faced playing the character, but based on what he is saying now he appears more than up for the challenge. Just take a look at what he had to say on this subject while at Jus In Bello Con (a.k.a. Jibcon) late last month:

"With every twist and turn in the storyline, I've always taken comfort in knowing that I can find a Dean within that storyline. No matter where they throw us, like when they called us up and said this is an idea we want to throw at you, what do you guys think about going this far out of the box?' My only request was do I ever not play Dean,' and they said no, you'll always play Dean,' and I was like I can play Dean in any situation. I can find a way to play him because I'm close to him and I know him.'

"I think to add the demon aspect is going to be challenging, because I might not be able to outplay Dean, because he's going to be very internalized. Sometimes, that doesn't translate to screen. As an actor you have to find a way to relate that to the screen ... I think Jared's done an amazing job with the challenges that he's faced with Sam, playing Sam being someone else with bits of Sam. My hat's off to him. I've always really had to play Dean for the most part. There have been little episodes where I've gone off ... So I'm interested in [what the writers do], because they dictate how Dean goes. I have a lot of faith in our writers, as they have a lot of faith in us, and hopefully the collaboration will be something that you guys enjoy."

The biggest thing that we feel about this story is that if written well, it could be outstanding; however, it's also risky to separate the brothers with this much physical and emotional distance, and one wrong move could turn it into a mess.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for sharing this awesome article.
But what does they mean by "physical distance" ? Emotional distance to hai, but physical ?? 😳
HaymurS thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bamonforever

Thanks for sharing this awesome article.
But what does they mean by "physical distance" ? Emotional distance to hai, but physical ?? 😳

maybe coz they didnt talk with each other much..there was always tension btween them this season and there wasn't even some hugs to hold onto😆
Angel1618 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Tfs..
I am excited to watch Dean as demon that how will it change him or if he will resist the feelings. .. but on the other hand I am sad also he is now demon. But one think I am thankful that all the time we don't have to see those black demon eyes we will still be able to those green eyes😳
HaymurS thumbnail
Originally posted by: Angel1618

Tfs..

I am excited to watch Dean as demon that how will it change him or if he will resist the feelings. .. but on the other hand I am sad also he is now demon. But one think I am thankful that all the time we don't have to see those black demon eyes we will still be able to those green eyes😳

i think demon dean will be great😃more powerfull but i dont want him to completely leave his emotionsbeside demon dean is scary and hawt at the same time😆