Posted: 9 years ago
(This story, scenes and characters are completely fictional... I am not responsible if it is even remotely resembling any true story)

I got up momentarily. Uttered each and every word clearly and slowly looking at her. 'Nidhi! will you share my life?'
There was a collective gasp around. I dont mind. Enough of this! I cannot take it any more. I should have extended my hand long ago.
I looked into  Nidhi's eyes. There was a total disbelief.
The fact that Nidhi is not believing me is slicing through me. But I deserve it.

two  months ago...

'Ashutosh! did you get the mail?'
'What mail? and this is 5.0am in the morning. Plenty of time to check mails'.
'Ashutosh! check Nidhi's status on Facebook atleast'.
 Armaan's anxious voice is making me feel uneasy...telling me this is not a prank or simple matter to ignore.

Lazily I opened FB app. Nidhi updated her life event. 'Getting engaged to Rohan today'.
'WHAT?????'
My sleep jumped out of the window. Hastily opened mail. A group mail... She sent a link. A link connected to her engagement invitation!

What is this? Why is she  in a hurry to get married? Should I call her now? It is only 5.0am. Is it a good time? Do I come in her 5.0am friend category?

'Congratulations Nidhi',
'Hi Nidhi, Congrats! why dint you tell us day before yesterday?'
'Chupa rustum ho yaar! you didnot leak it till the last moment. You did not want us to come to your engagement hai na..'
' See.. she invited us and made us not go to her engagement! Hope you will invite us for the marriage in advance'

tringg..tring..
'Ashu! are you free today at lunch? I will come to your cafetaria!'...Armaan is asking... I know what Armaan is going to talk to me.. what should I tell him?

'Ashu! Why dint you ask her? Everyone knows about you'
'That is the point Armaan! I think I love her... But I dont know whether it is love or something... I dont know how to categorize even!'
'She is going to marry someone soon.. Is it not making you feel uncomfortable?'
'If you want to know my feeling... this fact is cutting me through like a knife... but it is not all... I am only 24 and just started my career... anyway, what is the hurry for her parents to get her married now itself? She is also 24..'

At the same time,

'Nidhi! I thought you were interested in Ashutosh.. what is this?'
'What to do Anji! My parents are after my marriage... and they have other responsibilities too... and Ashutosh never asked me.. I think he is only a good friend...'
'who is this Rohan? do you like him?'
'..He is MBA from a very very top notch Institute... and before that undergrad in engineering from one of the countries' best colleges.. so parents are very much after this match..'
'But you must like him... right?'
'All those things happen in the movies and fiction Anji..not in real life..'

at the very same time...

'Abey..Rohan! you got engaged yesterday and you didnot even think of inviting us... Aaj toh party dena hi padhega... and usual stuff...'
'I want to tone down yaar... only drinks...'
'No way... Rohan ..you are the champion... you must get all the stuff'

Later at Rohan's party... after having consumed large amounts of all prohibited stuff...the scene was devastating..
Some were vomiting... Some have no sense of clothing on their skins... Some were exhibiting obscene side of their behaviour!!

'Rohan!! you said, your bride's name is Nidhi.. Isnt she working for ABC company?'
'Yes the very same...'
'I know that chick yaar... she is the darling of Ashhhttoshh..'

Rohan's brain registered this piece of information even in his inebriated state.
'Come again... who is Ashtosh?'
'Arreyy... uski boy friend...dont worry... you are getting an experienceddd bride...hahahahaaa'...

'Nidhi! I want to talk to you'
'Hello Rohan! '
'How do you know Ashutosh'
'Oh! he is from the same batch of mine.. he is a good friend'
'Only a friend or more than that?'
'Oh no.. he is in our group.. thats all..'
But Nidhi could sense that Rohan was not trusting her...

Two months later.. that is two days ago...

Rohan has no control over his emotions.. thoughts ..or even on his brain... he is completely into drugs all the time... Though, some outsider uttered something senseless to get a kick on his high... Rohan believed every word of him than Nidhi... his nervous system could not take even a very small issue like being friends with some other boy ... resulting even more consumption of drugs...

Rohan was found in a lake... (un)fortunately he was not dead... but, he was useless otherwise...only a vegetable..

'Mr Verma! Our son's fate is because of your daughter... she was having affair with someone else'
'Mr Verma! this is all because of your daughter'
'Is it true... Nidhi was having an affair with Ashutosh?'
'Jay! I heard Nidhi was living-in with Ashutosh and it seems Rohan found out..'
'It is all because of Nidhi.. she couldnt control him..'

I got up momentarily. Uttered each and every word clearly and slowly looking at her. 'Nidhi! will you share my life?'
There was a collective gasp around. I dont mind. Enough of this! I cannot take it any more. I should have extended my hand long ago.
I looked into  Nidhi's eyes. There was a total disbelief.
The fact that Nidhi was not believing me is slicing through me. But I deserve it.

But No... Nidhi gave me a watery smile...😊.. happy ending..

(Now a days it is becoming a fashion to have drinks and some other recreational drugs...especially with youth... initially it is OK.. but as the time goes by... they become necessary to copeup with the stress in the studies, peer pressures and even everyday life!!! Many start with a controlled doses... but when this goes uncontrollable...God knows!!!...

In the above story, who is responsible for Rohan's condition?? Academically such a brilliant fellow got reduced to nothing.. couldnt even understand a friendship... let aside friendship.. for that matter he is only a pain for his family... Sometimes, even there situations where parents feel better their son was dead than in this condition... outwardly they may blame anybody.. (in this case Nidhi).. but who is the real culprit?

even though, the above story is only  fictional, it is not far from reality.. this is happening around us.. drugs  are very freely available... No amount of law and order is enough for this market... youth is falling prey to these evils...

At this rate, we dont need a strict family planning and other birth control methods to control the population... AIDS and drugs are enough to control the population... sadly, we are willingly inviting this!!!

this may happen to our own near and dear ones... Nidhi is very dear to all of us.. it pains us tremendously if she had such a fate..Nidhi got Ashutosh to rescue her... but our dear ones may not have such luck...

Please feel free to circulate this story... or change names appropriately and spread the word on other places wherever you are a member.. take good care of your family and friends... together we can save lives!)

Edited by mudraswathi - 9 years ago
Lovely!! Interesting!! 😃 Will be back with more in the evening Mudraji. Thanks for this story. 😃
Mudraji, I miss your Hunky-Munni stories 😳

And like button is giving problems. Page gets scrolled to top when I hit "LIKE". Tried several times. Will try to "like" again sometimes later.Edited by ttrocks - 9 years ago
Will reply real soon Mudra ji 😊
Suku and Tupu

thank you for reading...

No need to reply.. but the gravity of the situation is calling for immediate action.. please share your ideas.
It happened to my colleague's husband...don't understand why they don't think twice before starting...
Originally posted by Anjani9

It happened to my colleague's husband...don't understand why they don't think twice before starting...

It is happeneing around us. I have made Rohan an intelligent guy in this story..because, this problem is not starting out of ignorance as HIV/AIDS... People are in full understanding of the repercussions getting into this!🤢
Quite a challenging subject Mudra di. This kind of things have become so common in our society. I'll come back tomorrow to share more. 
Thank you so much for this effort to let us know what's more important and what could specially be done. 
👏 🤗
Originally posted by Swatishubh

Quite a challenging subject Mudra di. This kind of things have become so common in our society. I'll come back tomorrow to share more. 
Thank you so much for this effort to let us know what's more important and what could specially be done. 
👏 🤗

Thank you for reading Swati.

Charity begins from our neighborhood. We need to keep an eye and alert elders if in doubt. We can save lives with simple efforts!
Its a simple story but lots of thoughts provoked from it.. Thanks for yet again an eye opener Mudra di ! The youngsters dont understand these days what they are sharing n getting into.. The fate they get from the new tech.. n new methods to RELIEVE themselves make their life more weird n unsuccessful.. 
I really pity these kids with no solution to their life in their own hands.. ! Their only solace is unreal methods to find peace n happiness.. This definitely needs a helping hand from the family n society itself !
Mudra di... i have just shared this article with different names to sum of my frnds... Hope to see a change at least with this effort.. ! Yes.. we can save sum lives to get a new and good life instead !
Very thoughtful post i must say... You Rock Di 👏👏⭐️