•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago

TV actors feel the heat, look for cool comfort

From cooling eye masks to fresh fruit drinks, TV actors are turning to every trick in the book to beat the heat as they shoot in the sweltering summer, at outdoor locations or in the studios. Even when air-conditioners are installed outdoors, they are barely effective, forcing the actors to look for indigenous ideas to cool off. 

ICE ICE BABY 

Rohit Bharadwaj: Since we are shooting at an outdoor location these days, we not only have to face HMI lights over our heads, which generate a lot of heat, but also the sun. Also, since I am shooting for a mythological serial, we have to wear heavy jewellery, etc, so it gets as bad as you can think in this heat! To keep myself cool, I have started wrapping ice cubes in a soft cloth and applying the pack on my face. I also put rose petals in it. This is my indigenous way of cooling off on the sets in the scorching heat. 

ALSO READ: I lock co-stars in their makeup rooms: Rohit Bharadwaj
Eijiaz Khan: Mujhe garmi bahut lagti hai, so I take all the measures to stay cool on the sets. I carry my fresh lime juice and hydrating drinks to the sets - a habit I developed since I became a professional dancer and travelled abroad. I also carry my ice box and keep my hands in the ice box to forget the heat. 

FRUIT FIX 

Gulki Joshi: Since we are shooting in Mohali for our show these days, in locations like fields, forests etc, the heat is unbearable and we need to make sure we remain hydrated. We have pataoed a ganne ke ras wala, to visit us on the shooting location daily. And the best part is that everyone likes to try their hand at juicing the sugarcanes, We also have a local ice cream guy visiting us without fail. So, it is a thandi-thandi treat this summer for us.

ALSO READ: I have no ambition to be a Priyanka or a Deepika: Gulki Joshi 

Vikas Manaktala: It's quite exhausting to shoot in such hot weather. To beat the heat and remain well hydrated, I try to increase my intake of fluids and Vitamin C. One of my favourite drinks in this weather is kiwi crush, with soaked basil seeds. It tastes awesome and I make sure I carry it with me daily on the sets.
SUN BLOCK 
Kavita Kaushik: I generally don't shoot at outdoor locations during April and May. It is part of my contract and my producers know about it as I can't stand the heat in summers, it's like it's raining fireballs in the sky here! But recently, there was an outdoor shoot which I couldn't avoid, so I made sure that it was shot near a tree and as soon as the shot would get over, I would find a comfortable spot under the shade of the tree.

DESI DRINKS 

Vivian D'sena: More than trying to keep cool on the outside, I try to keep my system cool. I have especially got sattu from my hometown Ujjain and make a special sattu drink to help me combat this heat. I get a big bottle of that drink daily on the sets. Also, I am a big fan of watermelon and eat lots of it on the sets to keep myself hydrated. 
ALSO READ: Vivian D'sena shakes a leg with Salman Khan 

Shashank Vyas: I love to have chaas (or chaach), especially during summers. As bizarre as it might sound, but I actually have a litre of chaas everyday. I have been religiously following this routine for the last three summers. It's something I picked up from my grandfather. I am so obsessed with my drink that I don't share my chaas with anyone on the sets!

Edited by payal7 - 9 years ago
😊 Thank you PAYAL for sharing.Edited by Sandy66 - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Gulki_love

T4S

you mean,? Thanks for sharing 😊