Is it Hate OR Love ~ ALL CHAPTERS TOGETHER IN THIS THREAD

shahbhavini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

❤️~Welcome to the Thread 4 of The FF~❤️

❤️~*~ Is it Hate or Love ~*~❤️
❤️~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~❤️

Siggy Made by: Alka (parmarA)

First of all, I would like to thank all my readers from the bottom of my heart, for all the appreciation and love they have bestowed upon me in the last three threads.😃 The love, affection and appreciation from you people mean the world to me.😃 Had you guys not supported me so much, I would never have thought of writing a story.😳 I again thank you all so much. I am so touched and overwhelmed from your love that I really go emotional at times.😭😃 I hope that you people will continue to bless me with your love and appreciation and I also hope that I don't disappoint you. 😛😃Thank You so very much again.😃
I cannot express in words, of how it feels to have completed two threads, and moving onto third thread.😃 This simply shows how much you people love me. I really really am so happy. 😃
I hope this thread too gets filled with your love. 😃

Regards,
Bhavini 😃

plz do watch this vm too
its made by TANIHAT
🤗ONE OF MY VERY CUTE FRIEND🤗
P.S:- A esp. thanks to Namrata aka PrincessNancy for making this  beautiful Thread 3 & 4 and Tahniat for siggies and this beautiful VM...love u sweeties...😃🤗

Edited by shahbhavini - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shahbhavini thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

shahbhavini thumbnail
Character Sketch

Amer Princess Jodha

hasin chahre pe uske nur-e-aftaab chamkta hai
phir kyon ruh pe ye chilman ka naqab rehta hai

her shahjaade k ankhome us naznin ka khwab basta hai
khud jillelahi(jallu) ka dil bhi uske didar ko betab rehta hai

uske sine me mohobatt ka sailab behta hai
Sara jahaan use registaan ka gulab kehta hai

She is 19year old gorgeous, brave princess. Her beauty is beyond any words. 

In entire Rajvansh called her... REGISTAN KA GULAB 

Her Royal mesmerizes powerful personality... once someone sees she never forgets... 

She is a heart of Amer and  She stays in a heart of Amer people... 

Her life is devoted to Amer...

No one can capture her in any boundaries... She loves to break boundaries...

Her bravery is famous in all Rajvanshi... She is fully trained expert warrior in all skill, including Sword Fencing... Archery... Dagger Target... Horse Riding...  Chess... 

As women... She also received training in cooking... cleaning... dance... painting... 

She loves and appreciates different type of art... she has a passion for dance and music... 

Her heart is beaded with golden beads... She has sympathy and love towards poor and common people... 

Life has never given her opportunity to cry yet... 

She strongly believes in god... but never asks for anything... 

Her most substantial point is her will power and belief in god... She doesn't break easily

Alike any other women she has millions of dreams for her love of his liveliness... 

In her Nineteen year of age... she never got attracted to any man yet...

She hates MUGHALS to her core since her childhood... Amer was always threatened by Mughals... 

Jalaluddin Mohammad

At the age of Thirteen Jallaludin Mohamad became King of Mughal Empire...

His heart was golden, turn into iron after his father's (Humayu) escape, then death, in his younger years he got through so much brutality in his personal life... He learned at a young age to survive, he needs to kill, He strongly believes people bend down, but because of fear... He spent his early days learning to war, kill and fight, but he never took the chance to learn or write... Even though his liberal vision and Strong leadership quality made him great ruler of the Mughal Empire... 

His childhood was shaping up under the shadow of Barim Khan and Maham Manga... Which turned his golden heart little by little into stone... 

He became Ruthless... Heartless... Supercilious... Egoistic... 

His principle of the life... WINNING IS EVERYTHING... 

In a very small point of time he took seventy five percent of Hindustan under his command... 

His life held by three people... His mother, Hamida Banoo, His foster mother Maham Manga & His Chief Wife Rukaiya Sultan T... 

Mariam Makhani Hamida banoo: Royal and rich personality and attitude... She hates it and adores it, Jalal's mechanical decision at the same time...  She knows that his son surrounded by many begums but still he is lonely... Jalal shows respect towards her but hates her for ignoring his kids in childhood...

Rukaiya: His Chief Wife and best childhood friend of Jalal... She is overconfident... Rude... and also controlling... She loves Jalal for his power and herself hungry for power... She treats her own people poorly... Jalal loved her as a friend but inside of his heart always hated her attitude... Rukaiya thinks she rules on Jalal's mind... 

Maham Manga: Who is very shrewd and manipulative politician who control almost all political decisions taken by Jalal... Her weakness is his son Adham, who is a womanizer and cruel...  

Jalal's biggest weakness... HIS ANGER and Beautiful Women... His harem was filled with five thousand concubine, and begums... All women in his harem were crazy about his one look... His magnetic charm always won women's heart... Whoever he wished for they were ready to die for him... He had never seen rejection from any women in his life...  

His life principal, never force on any women... He believes strongly to force on any women are a big sin there is  no forgiveness for this offense.  

He doesn't believe in love... He believes love make man weak... In his surroundings there was none who was not affected by his personality and his muscular strong passionate body...  

According to his theory, women are for his enjoyment nothing more than that... No one touched his heart yet... Actually he claims that he doesn't hold a heart... and he proved many times with his heartless decision... 

There are many more characters I will introduce throughout the FF... 

shahbhavini thumbnail
Writers Corner

IS IT HATE OR LOVE: Written By~ Bhavini Shah 

Disclaimer: This FF Is completely Different From Show and Has Nothing To Do With History... This is my imagination of this story. 

Edited by shahbhavini - 9 years ago
shahbhavini thumbnail

Chapter 1 : 

The first beam of the new rising sun comes down on the King of the Kings, Shahenshah E Hindustan Jallaludin Mohammad. While relying on a horse a pleasant smile crept on his lips after seeing a beautiful orange glowing cloud and the border of Amer. History was ready to record the most significant event of that century with gold ink.  As soon as they reached at the border of Amer, his heart mysteriously started to beat unevenly... Sudden change of feelings made his heart restless and began to beat at a high pace. The words slipped out casually from Jalal's mouth "Abdul, at last, with the first shaft of the sunshine we have reached to our final destination, let's find out what fate has written for us in Amer."

Abdul playfully replied "Probably, Amer Princess, Iss Registan Ka Gulab."

Jalal tried to mask his curiosity and replied sharply while looking at the border of the Amer "Abdul, what we heard was surely overstated, I am not here for Ameri Princess only, once I capture Amer then this princess will be mine anyway... Will find out, then how beautiful is she???"

Before any war or attack, Jalal typically likes to visit that state... He heard a lot about the Amer State and Ameri princess Jodha's bravery and beauty. He desperately wanted to see Amer princess Jodha, who can fight with Mughal's well trained ten soldiers all by herself. Every time Jalal heard Amer and Jodha, he felt indefinite connection... He was confused and surprised why every time her name make his heart restless and why he felt weird every time he thought about her? This strange, weird and unknown feeling brought this heartless king to Amer. 

It was a time of Ghangor festival... Ghangor was one of the biggest festival in Amer. At this festival, there are many competitions organized. Many Rajvanshi kings and Princes from different states and villages came to take part in this grand celebration of Ghangor festival. The entire surrounding looked colorful with full of life, happiness clearly was visible in the atmosphere. Everyone seemed excited and was enjoying this celebration. There were big markets, competitions camps, food stalls, music, drama, fun activities for kids and many more things... Seeing well organized arrangements and preparations impressed Jalaluddin Mohammad.  He walked around to view the maturation of the market & the richness of Amer, then he walked by competition camps to consider how potent are the soldiers of Amer, He was stunned to see how disciplined and systematic these competitions were taking place. People expressed their love and esteem for their land before they enroll, they crouched down to their land. Even while fighting each and every participant were following regulations and respecting other fighter. There were 40 arcade of different competition. People were expressing their different talent, artistry and expertise in different areas. 

Jalal was passing through his favorite Sword fight competition.  He halted there and found out there were two brave expert sword fighter's (yodhha's) were competing. One of the soldiers who was wearing a white outfit looked very different from others, his face was covered up, but he was fighting amazingly. He became fascinated with this soldiers flexibility, moves and quickness which is the most significant in a sword fight and his petite figure was helping him in moving fast. He was in the top rank winning; he defeated three soldiers one by one in no time. In the end, the announcer declared him as a winner and asked the group "If anyone wants to contend against this brave soldier." 

Jalal didn't want to take part since there was a probability for his identity to become discovered. He kept quiet for a while, but then again announcer quizzically asked viewer "So no one can defeat this brave soldier here?" Jalal couldn't hold himself longer so he decided to fight.  Winning is everything to him, so he decided to take a risk and entered in the competition.

Jalal loudly roared "I am ready to challenge this fighter and I would love to show him real sword fight" then he gazed at the solider and smirks sarcastically.

Jalal jumped the pole and entered within the competition ground. The way he entered with over confidence other solider smirk, but as soon his eyes met with his... he got stuck on his place like he being hypnotized... Jalal came closer and whispered "Ready" Other solider came back to his senses...  Fight began... Jalal never lost in a sword fight before... In that era, he was the best in entire India in sword fighting.  Other fighter realized right away with the first attempt from him that he is not an ordinary fighter. Other fighter puts all of his effort to win this competition. They fought for about ten minutes with different moves and tactics. Jalal was pretty impressed with the fighter's attacks and defense. Jalal fell twice, but he balanced very quickly and support himself very sharply on his many approaches. So far Jalal only played defense, his heart was not ready to attack on this fighter... At last, he decided to finish fights quickly because he didn't want peoples' attentions toward him. Suddenly he attacked powerfully on other fighter and other fighter lost his complete balance and fell on the ground facing down and his face and hair cover up opened and fell on the ground...

What he saw couldn't believe his own eyes... A long silky beautiful hair rested on the ground, a woman in a soldier's outfit... Jalal was about to attack again but his sword stopped right there. He had never seen any women in sword fighting, this was a surprising shock to him.

Precap: Jalal mesmerized with the beauty of the fighter...

shahbhavini thumbnail

Chapter 2

Jalal Mesmerized in Jodha's beauty:

Jalal couldn't believe his eyes that he was really sword fighting with a woman. Everyone in the crowd, including him, was astonished to see women in sword competition. Women were not allowed to be in this competition. Jalal scanned the audience to see their reaction, soon he murmurs started...

She was extremely frightened, but luckily, when she fell down, she was facing the other side of the crowd and Jalal so no one was able to see her face. Her long, shiny, beautiful hair covered her back and side of her face. As soon as he realized that she is a woman, he got very inquisitive to see her one gaze but before he gets a chance, she swiftly took her cover up from the ground and jumped out from the competition arcade in a flick. While walking hastily, she covered her face quickly again. She took a deep sigh, thinking no one was able to see her face.

Without wasting a second, Jalal also jumped out of the ground and quietly tracked her. She wasn't aware of that she was being watched and followed. By every second her fear was increasing realizing what could have happened if her identity was unveiled to the public. While panting loudly, she walked for about twenty minutes, then ran through a bunch of trees, and came out towards the back side of the temple and near a small beautiful river and very lonely place.

It was a sunny, cheerful afternoon, sluggish cool winds were making the atmosphere pleasant, deep silence in the surrounding, melodious sound of birds chirping, a beautiful waterfall and a quiet river was making this surrounding attractive.

She walked on the sandy shore towards the big stone closest to the river and looked around for Moti, but she was way earlier than decided time.

Her doe like beautiful eyes were filled with intense fear. Her glorious forehead had a deep line of stress. She was afraid of her identity getting exposed in the public, and also she was worried about breaking rules. Breaking rule is one of the routine parts of her life. She never likes to stay in constraining lines, which were drawn by her royal parents. She loves to break boundaries and go on adventurous rides, but at the same time she always feared to get caught. She said to herself "Thank you Kanah for saving me otherwise bapusa and bhaisa would have made big hungama."

She took a deep breath in and out while taking off her cover. Every moment that passed, her fear vanished and her mind started to think about sword competitions. While fixing her long shiny hair, she thought about the person who almost defeated her. With a little smirk she said to herself. Finally, after five years of winning, someone could stand against Jodha in sword fight, then in a dim tone she murmurs that strong who can defeat princess Jodha. hmmm. Who was he??? When I saw his eyes, I felt shivers for a second as if lightning passed through me. The way he fought, at some point I felt like he was not attacking on me purposely. He was testing my skills, but his sharp approach and method in fencing is astounding, I have not seen this type of tactic in any solider.        Seeing his glow on his face and magnificent personality, she thought he was definitely a King or Prince, but if he is a rajvashi king or prince then how come I don't know him. Very few Rajvanshi kings and prince I don't know personally, whoever he is but I am not less than anyone. I am a princess of Amer. While she was waiting for Moti, she sat on the rock and completely lost in thoughts, she had no idea that Jalal was watching her from behind the trees.

Jalal is still trying to see her face; he was only able to see her from the back side. Jalal was extremely shocked and completely impressed by her sword skill. He said to himself, whoever this girl is I have to meet with her once who was able to stand against Jalal for ten minutes. No doubt I was testing her skills and didn't attack on her, but her speed, her moves, her quickness, and sharp turns, very impressive.  Average solider can't stand against me more than two minutes and she lasted for ten minutes. Whoever you are, you have impressed King of the Kings Jalalludin Mohammad. It is also remarkable how swiftly you snuck out of the ground before anyone could think further.

Jalal had awestruck Jodha with his sword fighting skills and left a lasting impression on her, she was lost in thoughts about his sword fighting skill, strong look and confidence.

Jalal could not wait to see her, his curiosity was increasing every second, finally he decided to go & see her in person. He slowly walked towards her. He almost reached where she was sitting.

Standing behind her, he said in ironically thick tone "So you have accepted your defeat and ran away from the arcade." Then he added proudly, "No one can stand against me in a sword fight." 

She realized someone was behind her; she abruptly turned back with her sword and placed it on Jalal's neck. For a minute her heart skipped a few beats, seeing his royal impressive look, then she said arrogantly "hum Rajvanshi kabhi kisi se haar nahi mante, Sar kata sakte hai par jhuka nahi sakte". (Don't forget Rajvanshi never put down their swords... We believe do or die...)"

Jalal forgot to breathe his heart stopped beating for a few seconds. When he saw her for the first time, her first look utterly smitten him... Wow... what a beauty, what an innocent face, she looks every bit of a beautiful princess, her doe like deep fiery eyes, powerful yet delicate sharp features, curvy figure, extremely desirable body, gorgeous Royal personality, spotless soft skin. Out of my five thousand begums, and concubine none of them can stand against her beauty and bravery. He completely lost in her, ignoring the sword on his neck, he is gazing at her glorious face without a blink, which was shining more in glow in the sun. His constant stare made her little uncomfortable and irritated, his fearless smirk on her made her more angry.  

Jodha furiously in a loud tone said "Stop.. staring at me."

Without breaking his gaze, he asked her "Who are you?"

Jodha asked the same question with extremely angry and annoyed tone "Who are you and why are you following me?" She recognizes him immediately that she just had a sword fight with him. She also thought that he is a Rajput prince or king.

Jalal came out of her beauty spell and back to his senses and said with a smirk; looks like you want to kill me without a fight.

Jodha mellows down and takes off the sword from his neck and asked him in insisting firm tone to reply to her questions.

Jalal sarcastically smirked and mystifying tone replied "I am the king of Hindustan and I am following you because you have amazed me with your beauty and bravery, I cannot take my eyes off you."

Suddenly Jodha started to laugh and mockingly said "King of Hindustan??? So you are Jalaludddin Mohammad???... The Ruthless, cruel, womanizer. You didn't find anyone else to show off. Have you ever seen yourself in the mirror? You don't look Mughal from any angle. If I had even one percent doubt that you are a bloody Mughal. My sword would not have stopped at your neck. Again, she started to laugh mockingly and said Jalal will not dare to put his feet in Amer. Even after hearing her thoughts about Mughals, Jalal again got lost in her innocent laugh. He is completely mesmerized by her divine beauty.

After a while, he cynically asked "Oh really!!!  Why do you think, that Jalal will not dare to step in Amer?"  

Jodha innocently but with full of pride replied "He will not even dare to think about coming to Amer, I have killed Jalal's ten soldiers all by myself alone. When Amer princess Jodha can kill his ten soldiers alone, what will happen to him when entire Amer's army attacks on him? She looked so gratified at herself and flaming hot while answering to Jalal.

"OH... So you are a Princess Jodha!!!" Hmmm... then he smirked again.

Jodha realized that she has been talking to a stranger and revealed him the secret that she is a princess. Suddenly her face turned pale.

Seeing her worried face, Jalal mockingly said "So Princess Jodha. What if Raja Bharmal will come to know that you took part in sword practice."

She stared at him for a few second irritably then frantically replied "Oh!!!  So indirectly you are threatening me..." she paused to see his reaction, then with squinted eyes, she continued in a loud tone "Listen, Whoever you are, open your ears and your brainless mind, Jodha is a fearless princess, no one can put her in any boundaries and one advice for you. If you love your life, then, never ever joke about those cruel, monster Mughals in Amer, your over smart mouth can take your life."

Jalal is looking at this arrogant, but innocent, beautiful princess, her sharp ruthless words for Mughals directly hit on his pride. The first time he tested bitterness and sweetness together. His Mughal blood boiled up with her harsh words, he felt like to show her at that second what Mughals can do, he knuckled his fist in fury to control his anger. His manipulative mind scrambled and instead of taking out his anger, he wickedly grins and thought, Princess Jodha your words will give you unbearable pain for your entire life, I will crush your pride and ego every day till you forget Amer from your memories.  You will regret so much for your arrogance. One day you will bend down to massage my feet. Jalal will never let you forget this day.

Again, his relentless mysterious gaze made her uncomfortable. Jodha angrily shouts "Stop staring at me like you have never seen any women before" After a long pause she asked in thick tone "WHO ARE YOU?"

Jalal suddenly realized that he had sent Abdul on a very dangerous mission to find out more secrets about Amer and he completely forgot he needs to be with him soon, otherwise he will be captured by Amer army. He didn't want to leave this arrogant beautiful princess, but he had no choice.

He came very close to her and sensually whispered "Princess Jodha, I have seen thousands of women but none of them are like you. Seems like you have done some magic spell on me, I can't take my eyes off you."

Jodha unsuccessfully tried to mask her blush with anger, then asked him in a grouchier sound "Stop flirting with me and answer me who are you?"

Jalal ardently smirks seeing her irritated face and said in a mysterious tone "Princess Jodha... I will come back to get you at any cost and you will find out very soon WHO AM I."

Before Jodha could say anything Jalal walked off with an alarming smile on his face. Completely lost in her mesmerizing beauty, while walking, he said in very dim tone, Rajkumari Jodha...' he turned back to see her one more gaze, seeing her confuse look his lips curved with deep smirk, then rapidly disappear in the trees... In dreamy state, he said to himself "hum khamkha hi wo sipahi pe naraz ho gaye the, tumhe dekh ke to allah bhi ruk jayenge, Rajkumari Jodha" at that time he decided that he will acquire her no matter what happens. She belongs to HIM only.

Jodha shockingly saw him walking out from there, thinking who was he? She was completely smitten by his dominating strong attitude, his bravery, his bright look, charming and attractive personality. She murmurs he is surely a Royal king of Rajvansh.

Both of them were lost in each other's thoughts.

Please do comment and like my post. Your comments give me encouragement to proceed further.

shahbhavini thumbnail

CHAPTER 3

While riding on the horse, he thought of Jodha which brought an evil smirk on his facial expression. He stated to himself "Princess Jodha, you have underestimated Jalal's strength. You are so proud of your values, your beauty, your bravery and your sweet Amer; but soon you will see the real monster Jalal and the dark side of me which has erased my heart make me heartless... Now, no one can save you from my cruelty... you will rapidly see the real cruel Mughals. I will explore every inch of your spellbinding stunning body and lust it, till I lose interest in you... OOOhh Jodha I can't wait to hear you scream my name wildly in the bed and beg for more torture, but I will not let you satisfy your crave for me, like other begums you will also starve for one night with me, then you will know who is Jalal...

I can't wait to see a look on your face when Amer will lose against Mughals saltanat.  I will be at the peace, when I see bloody tears in your beautiful eyes. You have dared to put your hand in Mughals den, you called us cruel now you will know what cruelty mean is. You have presumed to call me a womanizer, a monster, I swear to the god, you will repent for what you have said about Jalal and Mughals. Shortly, you will become a part of my harem, you will have to serve and obey me for your audacity. I will lust your beauty from top to bottom and break your ego and strength apart, let's see who will rescue you from me now, your swollen pride will melt in a second like an ice on fire. I will get you and bend you down to my feet and make you my slave. Oh, I can't wait to see you begging for mercy.  You are a challenge which Jalal proudly accepts it.

Jodha was still waiting for Moti to come so she can go back to the palace. While waiting, she got lost in the conversation she had with Jalal.

Their first meeting left an unspeakable impression on Jodha. She was stunned with his looks and attitude. Unknowingly there was a deep blush on her face and she didn't even realize when her beautiful rosy lips twirls with broad smile. She was so much engrossed in thoughts that she didn't even realize when Moti came and was looking at her surprisingly.

Moti shockingly asked "Rajkumari Jodha, why are you smiling, what happened?"

Jodha woke up from the magic spell and realized that she was completely lost in his thoughts. She looked at Moti confusingly and kept quiet and just smiled and started walking towards the palace.

Moti asked her again "Jodha, Why are you blushing? What happened? Did you win the competition?"

Jodha with smile replied "Moti, Some unknown, mysterious warrior has dazed me today. You know, I defeated almost everyone in the competition, then the announcer made last call if anyone would like to fight with me and I don't know from where, but one Rajvanshi warrior suddenly appeared in the competition ground. As soon as my eyes caught his glimpse, I felt some sparks inside my body. I almost trembled with a heavy jolt. I am sure I have not met him in the past but he looked so familiar."

Moti curiously asked "What happened, did you win the competition?"

Jodha while walking towards the palace replied disappointedly "Moti, I lost the competition but my bigger regret is, he was only defending himself and testing my skills, he didn't even attack me throughout the competition and at the end, with his first attack I fumbled in a second on the ground." She paused and with a deep sigh out continued "You know his eyes had a mysterious look, somewhat devil but very mesmerizing. He didn't even reveal his identity to me, but seeing his Royal personality, I am sure he is definitely a Rajavanshi king."

Moti teasingly said "Looks like, humari sherni ko kisi sher ne aaj ghayal kar diya hai, ab hume pata chala yeh chehra gulab ki tarah khila hua kyu hai, isiliye jab hum aaye tab aapke mukh par vo mand mand muskaan thi, kahi aapko pehli nazar me uss Rajvanshi se prem to nahi ho gaya Rajkumari Jodha...hmmm..." She started to giggle...

Jodha with squinted eyes gazed at Moti and angrily replied " Moti, tu sach me pagal ho gayi hai, hum uss gamadi se kese prem kar sakte hai, kabhi nahi, usne hume apna naam tak nahi bataya, pata nahi kya samjata hai vo apne appko. Woh hume aese ghur ghur ke dekh raha tha jese abhi kha jayega. Sach me muje to vo koi sanki laga, aur hume to uski bate bhi samaj me nahi aai, pata nahi kaya bol raha tha hume jald hi pata chal jayega vo koun hai."

Moti worriedly said "Rajkumari, walk fast, hope everything is fine the palace. Before entering in the palace you need to change your clothes as well. Hope no one has found out that you are not in the palace."

Jodha proudly smirked and said "Moti, When are you going to change, you worry too much, I have not been caught yet and never will. Trust me, I have explained to Reva, if anyone asks for me than tell them that I went out to do ghanghor pooja."
In the palace everyone was extremely happy, including Raja Bharmal, Rani Menavati and dadisa. It has just been a few days that they decided to look for an appropriate groom for Jodha and already so many kings have send proposal for her hand, it was an overwhelming joy for them and at the same time they were in a dilemma about whom to pick for their laadli Jodha. They all were waiting to ask Jodha before taking any final decision.

Jodha had grown up in a very big family, four brothers and bhabhis, and two sisters. She was pampered and loved by her family very much. By nature, She is a very respectful, royal, sober and at the same time playful and mischievous girl, she never gets scared of saying the truth in any situation, so far in her life, she has never seen any big trouble, in other words she has not seen life yet...no ups and downs...She is very much loyal and proud to her state. In her blood, she has pure Rajvanshi ethics to die for her land. She hates Mughals since her childhood, but after the temple robbery and Moti's incident she started hating Mughals and the Mughal king Jalalludin Mohammad even more.
Jodha reached the palace and she felt relieved to know that no one has any suspicion on her.

In the evening, Raja Bharmal called Jodha to his royal chamber and gave her the good news that they have found an appropriate groom for her, who is from Royal family, very brave and a good looking king, he is an expert in fencing and he is the king of three states, his name is Raja Suryabhan.

Jodha shyly replied "Ji bapusa, jaisi aapki ichha" and ran away from there. 
While running she again started thinking about Jalal...Who was he? May be he was Raja Suraybhan. Suddenly she realized what she was thinking, she scolded herself and said, "stop thinking about him Jodha." But her mind didn't listen and she ended up asking herself why he said he will come to get me.

She was deeply engrossed in her thoughts while walking towards her chamber. Sukanya saw her blushed face, she teasingly said "Jiji, Where are you lost??? Kahi aap Jijasa ke khayalo me to nahi kho gayi."

Jodha shyly smiled and said while masking her inner excitement "Sukanya, don't bother me, I have not even seen him. Why would I be lost in him?"
Sukanya excitedly replied "Jiji, you know I saw Raja Suryabhan today at the competition ground, he is tall, fair, good looking and very brave. You know he was the best in sword fight and tirandaji."

Jodha with bashful look said "hame nahi karni hai shadi kisi se"

Sukanya immediately responded "Jiji, If you don't want to marry him then I will marry him."

Jodha irritably said "You are crazy Suku..." but before she could finish, Mainavati entered Jodha's room and with smile on her face told "Suku beta, Stop bothering your sister, soon she is going to leave this palace." This realization made all three very emotional. Mainavati right away changed the topic and said "Do you know the importance of the Ganghor festival, this festival is for unmarried girls who fast and pray to get the best husband and Ma Parvati gives her blessings and hints of the future. It's an old tale that after final prayer if you make a wish to Maa wholeheartedly, she definitely shows you your future husband. So go to the temple in the evening for final prayer before utsav, at that time Raja Suryabhan is also going to visit the temple."

Jodha got dressed in her best outfit and Jewelry for the UTSAV since her engagement was going to get announced there.

On other side Jalal came to know that because of his mistake Abdul got captured by Ameri soldiers, because he got distracted by Jodha and didn't reach on time. Abdul is his best childhood friend and very faithful to him, so he decided to take risk and get Abdul released from Ameri soldiers. He started to roam around to find a clue from Amer people about where they keep Mughal kaidis (Prisoners) ... while finding about jail he cane to know that a big Jashan has been organized and all Rajvanshi Raja's are gonna be there.

Jodha was in the temple praying to Maa Parvati for her better future and good husband and she also wished for guidance from maa partvati to recognize her future husband. Due to safety and her protection she was alone in the temple while praying... After the prayer she came out of the temple and wanted to see Raja Suryabhan first. Jalal was talking to a man right in front of the temple about Amer prison and just behind him Raja Suryabhan was walking towards the temple. First Jodha's eyes laid on Jalal who was was talking to someone... seeing him, suddenly she got excited and very cheerful, she thought this may be a sign for her future from Ma Parvati.

Jalal didn't even see Jodha at that time... Jodha was gazing at him without a blink, her happiness was beyond any words, and even she couldn't understand why she was so joyful to see him. About a minute later, Jodha saw Raja Suryabhan walking towards the temple with a few guards. As soon as he reached near the temple, his guard announced for Raja Suryabhan's arrival. Jodha realized that Jalal is not Suryabhan. As soon as she realized her face turned pale for a few seconds, she got all confused, why ma parvati made me see him first? What kind of sign is this Ma??Depressingly Jodha walked out of the temple without looking at Raja Suryabhan.

At the Utsav

The utsav was organized in a big open ground, it was full of Ameri common people and Royal Rajvanshi Kings and their families. There was sitting arrangements for about 500 hundred royal people and rest were sitting on the ground. In the center, there was a small stage where Raja Bharmal and his son's seats were located.
It was around five in the evening, With the loud Royal annoucement, Raja Bharmal entered in the Utsav, all of the Rajvanshi and common people got up to respect and welcome him. After he took his seat, everyone else sat on their chairs. There was a big red carpet in the middle and on both the sides' big chairs for Royal Rajvanshi kings and their families. One side all married women were sitting with transparent veils (Ghoonghat). This custom is only for married women all other unmarried girls were sitting behind them.

Jodha was sitting behind her mother with her best friend Lilavati and other princesses. 
Jalal got very impressed with the arrangement for the Jashn. He also wanted to see how many Rajvanshi kings were supporting Raja Bharmal. He scanned the entire audience including all Kings and common public. After scanning the entire area his eyes were searching for Jodha between all those women. Finally he spotted her in beautiful orange ghaghra and choli with green transparent dupatta with gorgeous royal jewelry. This was the first time, he saw her in a beautiful Rajvanshi outfit before that he had seen her without jewelry, without makeup and in soldier's outfit. He had never seen such magnificent beauty like her... he couldn't take his eyes away from her...he was so lost and attracted towards her... he didn't realize when he walked all the way towards the front row to see her more closely. It was extremely risky for him to come all the way in the front. Seeing her all dressed up and innocently giggling with her friend, he got completely mesmerized, Seeing her divine beauty his anger vanished, the way he was gazing at her, his eyes had not revenge or anger for her but truly something different and beautiful beyond his understanding. He heard in the past many times that Princess Jodha has unspeakable beauty which is beyond any description but now he himself got smitten by it and he didn't even realized when she became his obsession. Jalal always claimed that he doesn't have a heart but somehow this unpredictable and multi layered and cunning personality started to feel something for the first time.

Raja Bharmal stood up and first he thanked everyone for attending the utsav, and then he continued with very cheerful tone and made the announcement of Jodha's engagement with Raja Suryabhan. Entire crowed got excited to hear this news, but some of the kings and princes got disturbed since their proposal was rejected. 
Raja bharmal had looked at all aspects before selecting Raja Suryabhan for Jodha, Raja Suryabhan was not yet married to anyone and he was king of three big states and he desperately wanted to marry to Jodha. He personally came to Raja Bharmal with the proposal and said if Jodha agrees to marry him then he promises that he will never marry again, and she will be his only wife.

Raja Bharmal invited Raja Suryabhan very respectfully on the stage and requested him to sit next to his chair.

Jalal bitterly looked at Raja Suryabhan who was looking at Jodha without a blink. Jalal turned to see Jodha's reaction.

Jodha's eyes were lowered, her face blushed and shy. Jalal got annoyed seeing her blushing. He felt like grabbing her in front of the crowd and running away with her that instant.

Suddenly few soldiers came to utsav ground with captured Abdul and informed Raja Bharmal that he is a Mughal secret agent and he was trying to steal map of the palace. Abdul was extremely injured and in poor condition, he was hardly able to breathe; he was beaten so harshly he couldn't walk so soldiers were dragging him in to the sabha. 
Jalal's eyes turned red seeing Abdul's condition, his warrior blood boiled up seeing how Abdul was treated.

Raja Bharmal with furious face got up from his chair and took his sword out to kill Abdul, He swung his sword upward to kill him but before he did anything Jodha shouted loudly and said "Bapusa, Stop it please, we cannot kill him as per our ethics, we don't kill "nirbal, nihattha, or handicap" it's against our Aan ban and shaan. Our enemy is Jalalludin Mohammad, not his agent. We need to defeat Jalal and cut his head not his agent! Just put this agent behind bars. Also, today is a very auspicious day, last day of Ghangor, I am requesting you please don't kill him."

Raja Bharamal realized his mistake and he stopped it and said "Princess Jodha, I am really proud of you, you are right, he is our enemies' agent and we can get lot of information through him and also he is badly injured, to kill injured enemy is a coward act."

Jalal was shocked and impressed with her royal and kind attitude.
Jalal wanted to save Abdul and this was the best opportunity to save him while he was in the public. Immediately he planned in his mind, and he ran back to his horse, got ready with all the weapons he had and decided to free Abdul in front of the entire Rajvansh. He rode on his horse with the speed just like a tornado and rode through the main gate and passed by the crowd and the red carpet, before anyone could think further he killed two of the soldier in a flick of second and grabbed Abdul and fled back in front of the huge crowd. He did this within seconds so no one had time to think what was happening, before people could realize what was happening he was far from the soldiers reach. 

Everyone was shocked seeing this, Raja Suryabhan ran after his horse but it was too late. Jalal ran into the deep jungle and finally reached his Khema (tent). Where everyone was worried for Jalal. No one had any idea where he went and why? 

After reaching back in his tent, Jalal immediately called Adhga Saheb and his sister Bakshi Banoo's husband Sharifuddin to get prepared for a war. He also instructed Sharifuddin to inform Raja Bharmal about the war in advance.

Sharifuddin decided not to send any information about this war and attack suddenly on Amer to win easily. He had also heard a lot about princess Jodha. He also wanted to lust on her beauty.

(I will keep the war short) 
Three days later, Mughals suddenly attacked on Amer with ten times bigger army. Raja Bharmal tried and fought till he lost all his hope. 
Only Raja Suryabhan stood by to support Raja Bharmal. One by one all four sons of Raja Bharmal were captured by Sharifuddin and at last Raja Bharmal was also caught by Mughal army, Raja Suryabhan also died in this war. Almost seventy percent of Amer army died fighting bravely agaist the Mughals, rest of the soldiers were injured really badly. Shariffudin ordered to kill all of them. Raja Bharmal requested to see Shehenshah Jalalludin Mohammad. 

Jalal was eagerly waiting for this moment. 

It was the saddest day for Amer. Entire Amer was filled with fire everywhere. Sharrifuddin's soldiers were all over Amer. In the palace all women were ready to do Johar to save their dignity and honor. They didn't have any idea about Raja Bharmal and all of his sons being captured. Dadisa instructed everyone to get ready for Johar with weapons in case of emergency. Everywhere was in deep sorrow, pain and horrified fear. It was an awful day for Jodha. This war happened so suddenly and without any information, which gave her more bitterness towards Mughals for this betrayal. It is against the rule of war to attack anyone without any information. 

Jalal was sitting on his throne when Raja Bharmal was brought to the court. 

Jalal said with proud victorious smirk "Welcome Raja Bharmal to Mughal's court. Tell me what can I help you with." 

Raja Bharmal lowered his eyes for a second, then after a long pause with deep sigh out he replied looking straight in his eyes with dignity "Shenshah, as per the rule of the war, defeated king should not be captured after surrendering. I want you to release my all sons and me with respect."

Jalal with manipulative tone asked him "What do I get in return, Raja Bharmal." 

Bharmal got surprised and shocked with his question, he already won Amer, what else does he want? Raja Bharmal with puzzled tone replied "Shenshah E Hindustan, you have everything, you have taken my kingdom as well, what else do I have to give you? What do you want from me?"

Jalal paused and smirk viciously at Bharmal and in loud tone replied in one word "JODHA."

shahbhavini thumbnail

Chapter 4  

Bharmal with anger shouted loudly at the top of his voice "JALAL..." The loud sound roared back the chamber few times. After the pause he continued "Do you know what you are asking for??? Rajputs kill themselves rather than trading their daughters. You probably don't know about Rajput Aan Ban and Shan YET. Our women would rather slaughter themselves than surrender to the enemies." Everyone in the court got up from their chairs and pulled out their swords to kill Bharmal for talking in so loud tone with Jalal.

Jalal lifted his hand up and gave indication to everyone to calm down, then with creepy witted smile he said "Raja Saheb, your approval doesn't matter anymore, you give me permission or not, I will get Jodha and you cannot do anything about it."

Bharmal sarcastically sniggered and said "Shenshah, Do you know before you get there, all of the women will kill (Johar) themselves in the palace? At this time they are probably all around the fire pool ready to jump in it. Once they receive message that I have been captured and as soon as they will see your soldiers in our palace, with in a second they will jump in agnikund (fire pool) to kill themselves for their honor and dignity. You will get nothing."

Jalal realized that he will be defeated if he doesn't bend down and find a better way to persuade Raja Bharmal. With his political tactic, Jalal said manipulatively but with respectful tone "Raja Saheb, why do you think that I want to disrespect you and your family? I am not asking you to gift me your daughter. I would like to get married to her officially with all of your customs & rituals and mine. Jodha will get respect as a Begum E Hindustan,I promise and everyone knows Jalal never breaks his promise." He took a brief pause and scanned his expression, seeing his soften face he smirked silently and then continued with his thick commanding tone "If you agree there are three things you can get with this alliance:  

First, You will rule on Amer'," as soon as he said you will rule on Amer, Adham and Sharrifudin both looked at each other with annoyed expression. Jalal's sharp eyes were on entire court to see their reaction.  

"Second, your sons will be released with all due respect'."  

"Third, your state will be more safe and stronger with our support'."

The entire court froze hearing all the reasoning. No one understood what Jalal was trying to accomplish out of this.

Raja Bharmal looked convinced but at the same time looked chaotic and puzzled too.

Jalal asked him calmly "Raja Saheb, what dilemma are you in?"

Bharmal sadly said "Shenshah, I know my daughter very well, sorry to say but since her childhood she has hated Mughals and she will not agree at any cost for this marriage. She will kill herself but not marry you. I don't think I will be able to convince her."

Jalal viciously & secretly smirked and then in very sober tone he said "Raja Saheb, as per my information your daughter loves Amer more than herself, for her Amer comes first than anything else. I have also heard that she can kill herself to save Amer, I do not think she will be able to see Amer's praja in trouble. If you tell her that her sacrifice will save Amer then she will agree for this marriage without any question."

It was another shock for everyone in the court to know that Amer Princess Jodha hates Mughals and even after knowing this Jalal is still persistent to marry her at any cost.

Finally Raja Bharmal agreed to his proposal and immediately sent a message to Amer Palace that situation is under control.

At The Palace:

At the palace, finally Raja Bharmal informed everyone (other than Jodha) about the proposal from Jalal. Everyone got traumatized with a heavy shake to hear this... Dadisa and Mainavati both got freezed, their words stuck in their throats. All of the brothers and their wives, Sukanya, Shivani, every single person in the room had unstoppable tears in their eyes. They all knew it was the biggest sacrifice any one can give... but they knew they had no choice so everyone gave their consent and decided to inform Jodha about this proposal.  

They called Jodha to the big hall... Jodha walked in a pin drop silence room... she glanced at all of them, she could feel that something major had happened, she was surprised and relieved to see all of her brothers safe and released from Mughals... but deep dark silence in the room and tears in everyone's eyes made her panicky.

At last, Raja Bharmal gathered all his courage and told Jodha about the marriage proposal with Jalal.

Hearing that, Jodha walked two steps back in extreme shock... for a few seconds, her vision faded out due to the terror...in a second her dreams were shattered. Suddenly she felt as of all of her energy was sucked out of her, she couldn't say a word. She looked at all of her brothers vulnerably, her eyes were screaming out loud, how could you let this happen to your sister???

All of them shamefully looked down at their defeat.

Then she pointedly looked at her mother with millions of questions in her eyes, how you could let this happen to your daughter??? Mainavati folded her hands with that expression showed her feebleness.

She could see her Dadi's sobs... she always covered her and saved her from many punishments...but today her tears tore her up...her vulnerable face killed her last hope. At last she gazed with piercing anger at her own father questioning him in her silence, Are you the same father who worried day and night for my safety and today you are ready to trade me to these butchers??

Her painful stare pricked in every one heart. Raja Bharmal gulped his tears and said "Jodha, Amer's destiny is in your hands today, your one yes will save thousands of people and their families. If you do not accept this proposal then your brother's life will be in danger and Amer's praja will also pay a big price for it. Amer will be ruined forever. Finally, Raja Bharmal and Mainavati bowed down in front of Jodha with extreme guilt.

Jodha was stunned to see all this, her brain suddenly stop processing, her mind got freezed and unable to think further, her eyes were filled in a pool of tears, everyone was looking at her devastatingly. There was complete silence in the room. Everyone was waiting for Jodha's answer.

After a long silence, finally, she broke down with sobs and said vulnerably "Bapusa, if my sacrifice will save my country and my family then, I agree to this marriage." then she walked away from there and suddenly she stopped and turned back and requested her father that before marriage she would like to see Jalal.

Raja Bharmal warily asked "Why do you want to see him?"

Jodha respectfully said "Bapusa, I apologies but I will talk to Jalal only."

She walked away with tears in her eyes and anger for her family. At that time she didn't wanted to talk to anyone. It was the saddest day in the palace.  

Other side almost everyone in Jalal's court was upset and surprised at his decision. Mahamanga, Adham Khan and Sharrifuddin, all three were asking for explanation. Why he took this decision and why he needs to get married to a Rajput princess???

Jalal in commending tone replied "I want to rule the entire Hindustan and to win the heart of Rajputs and Rajvanshi people, this is my first step. This is a political decision completely. He glanced at everyone crossly and walked out from the court with his royal grace.  

Raja Bharmal sent the message to Jalal that Jodha wants to see him before wedding.  

This really surprised Jalaal and created a little anger inside him too, unwillingly he agreed to meet her.   

Meeting was arranged in Jodha's room alone. Jalal walked in Jodha's chamber and observed her room's decoration. His eyes laid on Jodha who was sitting on the couch and her face was covered with a transparent veil (ghooghat). A creepy smile crawled up on his face. While gazing at her pale, lifeless face he walked towards the couch across from Jodha and sat on it. Jodha's eye were still lower down, Jalal could clearly see the immense pain on her face, but it gave him a suffocating feeling instead of satisfaction.

Impatiently he asked "Rajkumari Jodha, why have you requested to see me?"

Jodha soberly said "Shenshah, Thank you for coming here and releasing my brothers." then slowly she lifted her beautiful eyes up to see Jalal, as soon as her eyes laid on him, in a shock she shouted out loud "YOU" with anger.

Jalal responded with evil smile on his face "Yes as I promised Shehzadi Jodha, I told you that I will come back to get you and you will soon know who I am! Mughals also keeps their promises" and again he smirked uncanny at Jodha.

Jodha's eye turned red with full of tears and anger.  

Jodha irritably said "Shenshah, There are two conditions for my agreement to this marriage" then after a short pause... she continued

"1. I will not be forced to change my religion. I will continue my customs, rituals, and religion."

Hearing her condition, Jalal's anger boiled up. He furiously asked "What else???"

"2. I will come to Agra with my god Krishna and you will build a small temple in my palace.

I will marry you only if you agree to these conditions."

Jalal got up from the couch with pulping boiling anger on his face... with his piercing rage he gazed at Jodha.

Jalal's rage brought a mysterious cunning smile on Jodha's face with her wittiness.

For Jalal everything in his life is about winning or losing. For him winning is a passion, he can go to any extent to win against anyone. This was the first time ever, he got challenged by a woman and his desire for her was increasing every time he met her. He knew that she is different than others; he will really have to work hard to achieve her.

Jodha was very sure that he will never accept her terms and he himself will deny for the wedding but how could he let her win and lose her in-return, so he looked at her with his cunning eyes and said loudly "Shehzadi Jodha, I accept your terms and conditions. Your wishes will be fulfilled my fiery princess." He waited there to see in her eyes his winning.

Jodha couldn't gulp her tears any longer since this was her last way out. She pulled her veil up and saw in his eyes painfully. Jalal saw her red teary eyes and her swollen face, her intense sorrow shook his heart. It really bothered him seeing her in this condition. Her innocent charm, proud on herself was completely buried under her deep sorrow.

Jodha said in low tone "Shenshah, you have proved every word I have told about Mughals, I will be proud to say to my family that my husband is cruel, ruthless and womanizer. Just to fulfill your one night desire you have killed thousands of innocent soldiers. Yes, you have really won, you won my lifeless body and you will get living corpse in your palace and I am not shamed of myself... because I have devoted my life to save my land..."

Hearing her sharp angry painful words, Jalal was completely speechless... her scorching  sharp gaze was torturing him.

Jodha with sarcastic smile added "Shenshah, you know according to hindu beliefs you pay in your current life for your past life's sins. I can surely tell in my past life I was a cruel monster or a devil, so in this life god has decided to give me a devil husband like you."

Jalaal was staggered to see her audacity... even after knowing that she will be under his mercy after marriage still she is talking with arrogant pride  fearlessly with her sharp tongue. It was annoying to see her attitude but at the same he was shocked to see her humble pride and love for her land and family. Her piercing glare was stinging him inside her heart, It was difficult for him to stay longer with her.

Jalal came very close to her and lifted her face with his finger and gazed at her with his dark pointless angry eyes... He waited for her to look in his eyes... Jodha slowly lifted her eyes when she felt his shallow breath on her face...  He said in a dim tone but it was filled with threatening pitch "Princess Jodha, you have too much pride on yourself... Soon you will kneel down on my feet and I can't wait to crush your overly self pride and arrogant ego... Soon you will be begging for mercy and beware... learn to control  your sharp tongue... otherwise  you will never be able to speak a word... You have no idea what you getting in to and who am I???..." He paused and sarcastically smirk said "Be ready for the wedding princess" and walked out arrogantly from her room and informed everyone about Jodha's conditions and his acceptance to the conditions.  

Wedding day  

After performing all the ritual they got married. Jalal took special interest in every single ritual and asked the pandit meaning of saptapti (7 fera). He was very much happy to know the meaning and thought Jodha will follow this. At the time of vidai Jodha requested the statue of Krishna. Every time Jalaal met Jodha, she surprised him with her new talent, bravery or her purity. At the time of vidai her entire family was crying intensely, only Jodha wasn't. Jalal could sense her anger towards her family... she gulped her tears and dryly said good bye to everyone.    

It was a four days Journey from Amer to Agra. Mahamaga and Adham could not believe that Jalaal had accepted Jodha's conditions. Maham hates Hindu and now there will be s hindu begum in the palace. She couldn't accept this...she was burning from inside and decided to take revenge on Jodha. With this marriage only one person was very happy Hamida begum', Jalal's mother. She was so amazed with Jodha's purity... Jodha's bravery, strong attitude and divine purity, it created hope in her heart, hope that this marriage will change Jalaal and the history of Mughals. Jodha was very much contented with Hamida banoo's loving nature just like her mother.

Jodha could not believe her destiny that she had to get married to a cruel ruthless mughal. Since her childhood, she used to talk with Krishna for hours...she always shared everything with him. She always believed everything is happening in her life which is planned by God Krishna.

On the first day of the Journey in her tent Jodha is talking to Kanah, with upsetting tone she said " Krishna, I thought you always did what is best for me but today you just watched what was happening to me Krishna. I don't know why you have punished me but I will punish you too, I will fast for three days without food and water. I will punish myself every day so you can understand what I am going through."

Moti was standing outside the tent and heard Jodha showing anger towards Krishna by fasting. She had cried for hours in the last few days, even her tears dried up seeing Jodha's condition. It was very long and tiring Journey from Amer to Agra and on top of it she was fasting. No one knew about her fasting other than Moti.  

Finally, they reached nearby Agra and planned to stop where Jalal knew it was safe to stay. It was the third day of Jodha's fasting. She was feeling very weak due to fasting but as per her routine no matter how she feels, she always cooked prasad herself for Krishna.

Jalal saw her cooking in the open area where kitchen was set up... he was surprised to see her there and thought that why she was cooking. He called Moti and asked "What is Jodha doing in the bawarchi khana?"

Moti informed him that she always makes prasad for Krishna herself.

The devil in Jalal quickly made a scheme to humiliate Jodha in front of the court (sabha). He called Jodha in the court and said " Begum Jodha, today I would like to celebrate our marriage with all the people from Agra who have come so far to attend our marriage. I want you to cook Ameri food for all of us since I really enjoy Ameri spices." He cunningly smirked at Jodha.

The way Jalal asked in front of so many people she realized he is trying to insult her. She looked at Jalal with spicy pointed angry stare and replied in with strong loud tone "As per your wish Shenshah E Hindustan, Begum E Hindustan will serve you as a cook today, I am sure that will increase honor of Mughals... Begum E Hindustan cooking for everyone."

Her sharp tongue and attitude made him feel low, he fumed inside but he gulped his anger with little smirk. Everyone got shocked to hear that Begum E Hindustan will cook for that many people. Some of them knew this is the way Jalal is taking revenge from her but others were just confused as to what Jalaal was upto!!

Whole day with help from some hindu maids and cooks, Jodha cooked Ameri food for everyone. Jalal was surprised that she didn't deny cooking or argue about it and accepted the challenge quitely.

Dinner was arranged and food was served to everyone but before anyone starts eating Maham told Jodha that as per Mughal law she needed to test the food for safety, only after that Shenshah E hindustn can eat.

Jodha politely replied "I cannot eat food until I do prayer of Kanah."

Maham with argument said "Jodha begum, this is a rule that whoever cooks has to eat first."

Jodha denied again and firmly replied "I will not eat anything no matter what happens."

Jalal looked at Jodha and noticed she sounded and looked very weak, her face looked very pale, he thought it was too much of work to cook for that many people and also the long journey... he felt little guilty, so he stopped Maham in between and told Moti to eat this food to make sure it's safe to eat. Maham was surprised seeing Jalal mellowing against Jodha.

At last, Jalal tasted food. It was really a very delicious meal even without any meat. To praise Jodha he said "Jodha begum, Khana vakehi laziz hai (Food is really delicious)."

Jodha looked at him irritably and without any response back she got up and went back to her room.

Everyone got shocked to see her audacity and rude behavior.  

Seeing her audacity, little by little Jalal was losing his patience, His anger was pulping inside and the way she walked out in front of so many people, it really hurt his manly ego. He kept eating and decided to talk to her and show her what he can do.

While marrying Jodha, Jalaal thought she is going to be another trophy wife to add to his collection, but what he didn't know was that, she is going to be his biggest challenge. Jalal didn't realize that Jodha was not a war that he could win easily. Jalal has always gotten women on their knees and has never been rejected by anyone yet.

While walking towards Jodha's tent...somehow he was getting a feeling that Jodha is very different from all the women he gas known so far.

When he entered in her tent he found Jodha asleep on her bed...Her long silky hairs were open. She was not wearing any Jewelery. Her pink transparent chunari was showing every curve of her body. She looked so beautiful, gracious, divine and full of lust... Jalal couldn't take his eyes away from her...he forgot all of his anger, he was completely mesmerized, his desire for her fired up with passion, he was utterly lost under her beauty spell, He wanted to hold her in his arms, Kiss every part of her body, he wanted to possess her in his arms and hide her into him. His desire for her was on blaze...He slowly walked towards her bed...Jodha was in deep sleep. Jalal kissed her on her forehead, no reaction from Jodha, she was still sleeping peacefully, he kissed her again on her cheek so softly, Jodha moved little bit but didn't realize it was Jalaal and he smelled her aroma with deep sigh out, there was no way Jalal could control himself any longer. With passion he started kissing her on her neck then ear and suddenly Jodha realized and screamed out loud. There was very little light in the room. Jalal put his hand on her mouth and while resting half of his body on top of her... both looked at each other for long.

Jodha realized its Jalal and pushed him away from her, then shouted out loud "What are you doing here? How dare you touch me?"

She looked awfully frightened and weak... Jalal was shocked with her rejection. He replied angrily "What have I done wrong? You are my wife I have right to sleep with you. You are supposed to fulfill my every wish."

Jalal went near her and grabbed her from her waist and pulled her close to his chest. Jodha with all her strength pushed him harshly making Jalal almost fall. This rejection brought extreme anger and junoon in Jalaal. He grabbed her opened hairs harshly and pinned her to the wall. He was so angry, he completely lost his all wits. He pinned both of her hands on the wall cruelly and then he pushed his entire body towards her, his grip was so strong she couldn't move even one bit. Her bangles broke and pricked her vein and her hand started bleeding.

His anger was boiling; his eyes were angry red and he shouted loudly "I will fulfill my wish and you will have to obey me. You are my winning trophy." He started to kiss her cruelly and Jodha realized she can't do anything as she was unable to move. Her eyes were full of tears, her hands were full of blood...she was standing there like a dead body.

While kissing her impatiently Jalal's eyes caught the sight of blood on her hand and tears in her eyes. He immediately came back to his senses that he was about to force himself on her. He couldn't believe himself...how could he do this to any woman, let alobe her. He released her hand and stepped back from her...there was no reaction from her... she was utterly shaken, frozen, shocked, pale and weak. He immediately apologized to her "hame maf kar dijiye Jodha begum" but there was still no reaction from her. His words didn't reach her ears. He decided to leave the room...he was awfully disgusted at himself. He started walking out and suddenly he heard loud noise like something falling...he turned and saw Jodha on the floor, he shouted out loud "Jodhaaa."

He immediately rand towards her and carried her in his arms and carefully put her on the bed and ran out to tell maids to get hakim immediately. Moti came inside running; she got shocked to see Jodha in this condition. She knew Jodha was fasting for the last three days and today whole day she was cooking. She started crying seeing her in this condition. Hakim came instantly, after checking Jodha's pulse she asked questionably "Moti, why is she so weak?? Her pulse is so slow... is she not eating properly?"

Moti started to cry even louder and said "Jodha is fasting for last three days, she has not eaten or drink anything. She was very sad leaving Amer, it was long Journey and on top of it she cooked whole day today. Jodha has not eaten anything since her wedding, and it was her order not to tell anyone. I have heard her fighting with Kanah that she is punishing herself to punish god for her state. She will eat tomorrow morning since today is the last day of her fasting."

Jalal got extremely surprised and shocked to hear that Jodha has not eaten anything for the last three days. He scolded Moti for not telling him about her fasting. He was already disgusted at himself for forcing himself on her, her both hands were still bleeding. He felt really guilty knowing that she has been fasting for three days and he made her cook for 100 people. Seeing her pale and weak face, he was feeling even more remorseful. He said to himself... Oh God... I have not seen anyone so stubborn and divine like her, who could even fight and punish god.

Precap: Jodha's condition gets worst, in fear she got heavy fever.

shahbhavini thumbnail

Chapter 5: 

Recap: Jalal was so surprised and shocked to hear that she has not eaten anything for last 3 days. He was very angry at Moti for not telling him. He was already disgusted at himself for his behavior and he made her cook for 100 people. He was so much in guilt seeing her condition. He has never seen any one stubborn like her, to punish god she is punishing herself.  

Chapter 5

Jalal with anxiety asked "Hakim Sahiba, How is Begum Jodha's condition?"

Cautiously she replied "Shenshah, Jodha Begum is very weak and her pulses are dropping quickly. If you give me permission, I would like to give her some medication with water, since she is fasting I am not sure what to do, otherwise without medicine it's going to be very difficult."

Without thinking much Jalal responded "Hakim Sahiba, give her medication and water immediately and do everything you can to save her life."

Jodha was still unconscious and Jalal was standing near the window thinking about what he had done to Jodha. He recalled her innocent chirpy smile and proud face and then turned and looked back at her pale and sad face. Seeing her condition he felt stifled. His mind was constantly asking him, why is he so crazy about her? Why is he losing his self control against her? Why is he so concerned about her condition? He has so many women in his harem then why is she affecting him so much, even after her rejection? To convince himself he thought, maybe I am feeling guilty because I am responsible for her condition today; otherwise she is nothing in my life.

But again and again those same thoughts were haunting him. It was more than an hour now but he was still lost in deep thoughts. Suddenly Hakim Sahiba's fearful sound snapped him out of his thoughts, she said in fearful voice "Shenshah, Jodha begum's condition is getting worst, she has high fever and seems like she is scared or fear of something is killing her from inside...even in her unconscious condition she is shivering and her face expression changes like she has seen a ghost. If her fever doesn't go down soon then I will not be able to do much to help her. I have given her all the medicines I could... now only god can save her."

Jalal knew what fear was killing her from inside. He ordered everyone to go out of the room for a few minutes and leave them alone.

Jalal sat on the bed next to where she was sleeping, he said in sorrowful guilty tone "Jodha begum"...then he held her hand softly and continued "Please forgive me for my grave mistake... I am giving you promise, I will not touch you without your permission, I will never demand for my husband's rights." Then he softly caressed her face and continued "please trust me I will never force myself on you ever again... my anger took over my all wits... I am your husband and I promise I will protect you from everyone, even myself." Jalal could see her terrified expressions changed to calm ones after his apology...he could sense she heard his words. Seeing calmness on her face he felt relieved and for a while he forgot that he is King of Hindustan. He was only a husband then, he started to take care of her. As per hakim's instruction, he started to put cold water cloth on her head and gradually in few hours Jodha's condition started to improve.

Hakim Sahiba and Moti got really surprised seeing Jalal changing clothes and sitting next to her warily.

Three hours passed but Jalal was without a blink taking care of Jodha.

At last, her fever dropped down and she slowly became conscious and opened her eyes and saw Jalal sitting next to her. As soon her eyes laid on him, her face again got filled with extreme fear. Jalal could read terror in her eyes. He loudly said to everyone "Takhliya" (depart the tent)

Then he softly held her hand and in gentle tone with guilt he said "Don't worry Jodha begum, Hume maaf kar dijiye hamari gustakhi ke liye, Hum apne aape se bahar ho gaye the, aapke guroor...appke husn...aapke gusse ne aur humare sharab ke nashe ne humse gunah e azim karwa diya. Jitni nafrat aap hamse karti hain usse kahin zyada nafrat hum aapse karte hain, Humne aapse shadi bhi apna intkam pura karne ke liye hi ki hai, Aapne hame chunoti di thi, Mughal Shenshah ko chunoti di thi, hum bas aapko yeh dikhana chahte the ki Jalal kisi se nahi darta. Aur yeh to ab aap samaj hi chuki hongi... Par aaj hum aapse ek vaada karte hain ki aapki ijazat ke bagar hum aapko kabhi chuyenge nahi. Kisi aurat ko bina ijazat chuna gunah hai aut iski saja to allah bhi maaf na kare." (English translation for Hindi dialogues - Please forgive me for my mistake, you rejection, your beauty, your anger and my drunk condition created monster inside me and I didn't realize when I lost control over myself and was about to do Gunah E Azim. I am really sorry for what I have done to you... I promise one thing today, I will never touch you without your permission ... To touch any woman without her consent is the biggest offense, even god doesn't forgive for that sin."

She stared at him with mystified expressions. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

After a long deep sigh out he said in little grumpy tone "But the amount of hatred you hold against me, I hold double of that against you. You have dared to challenge Mughals and me and that is the only reason I have married you, to take revenge on you." He again paused briefly to see her expression... at the same time his ego was hurting for apologizing for his mistake... to hide his care and his defeat, he continued in little louder tone "Jodha begum, understand one thing very clearly, I have more than five thousand women in my harem, you are not special at all and I am not crazy about you or your beauty and by touching you I do not want to give you more importance, you will stay in a Mughal palace as my winning trophy just like a decorative display piece. You are not at all important for me. But unfortunately you are my official begum and you will have to follow all the rules with respect, otherwise no one can save you from me. You have already seen my anger once; just pray you don't have to see that again." He looked at her frustratingly for a few seconds to see her reaction then he walked out of the room. His eye expressions were mixed with pain and anger...It was clearly showing on his face that he was hurt by her rejection.

Jodha couldn't understand him and was confused, on one side he apologized and promised that he will not touch her and on the other side he threatened her. But she felt immense relief to hear that he will not touch her without her permission. The sentences that captured her heart were 'You are nothing in my life... You are nothing more than a decoration piece in my palace.'

After Jalal left, Moti came running inside the tent and started to cry warily and happily. She hugged Jodha and asked her impatiently "How you got injured on your wrist... what happened last night?"

Jodha's tears pricked out recalling that horrified moment... she told everything to Moti about what had happened, how Jalal tried to force on her, how violently he kissed her and brutally injured her while holding her wrist harshly... and then suddenly his conscious awake and he stopped it... then he apologized after that I don't remember anything.

Moti's eyes also feared with terror and tears, she hugged Jodha to give her comfort.

Moti with low tone replied "Jodha, I am so shocked to hear this because entire night Shenshah took care of you without a blink, every five minutes he was changing cold water cloth, he sat next you all night and didn't let anyone else take care of you. He seemed extremely worried and concerned for you Jodha but what you are telling me is so different, his ruthless words and act, I am so confused Jodha."

Jodha wiped Moti's tears and said "I am also very puzzled and confused with his behavior. You know in my unconscious state I was able to hear every word but was not able to move myself. He apologized to me and promised me that he will not touch me without my permission and caressed my face lovingly... he held my hand for so long to give me comfort and assurance that he is with me and then again he apologized and promised me, when I came back to my consciousness but then he also threatened me and told me ruthless words."

Moti softly replied "Jodha, I think he cares about you, why else would he take care of you personally, for entire night and apologize for his behavior and he also promised that he will not touch you unless you wish."

Jodha stopped Moti and said in harsh tone "Moti, he doesn't care about me, actually he was guilty about his own behavior, otherwise he is a Jallad (devil) ...I hate him... I will never forgive him...hum unse beinteha GHRINA karte hai... hame unka chehra bhi nahi dekhna hai . (I will never forgive him ... I hate him so much that I do not wish to see his face.)

After few hours early in the morning, Jalal sent food for Jodha and ordered maids to make sure the food is finished by her.

Jalal is in his room thinking again about why he is so much concerned for Jodha??? Why he wants to make sure she has eaten or not??? I am a king and I don't care about anyone. He himself was confused with his own behavior. All of his thoughts were wounding his ego again, he came back to reality and started thinking; I cannot bow down to Jodha like this. I have to win, I have to teach her a lesson, and I have to break her ego. She needs to know who I am.

Maid brought food to Jodha and requested her to eat now otherwise Shehenshah will get upset with her.

Jodha was surprised to hear this... Why this Jallad (devil) is trying to be nice to me?? There must be something in his mind???

Jodha arrogantly sent the food back and instructed the maid to let Jalal know that she will eat after finishing her prayer and tell Shenshah that I don't need any favors from him; I can order food for myself.

Jalal received the message from Jodha and got awfully angry; her rejection hurt his ego again, badly. How dare she disobeyed my orders, she will have to learn a lesson. He walked towards her tent fumingly and gazed at her with angry red eyes and then shouted "Jodha begum, what do you think of yourself? You are too arrogant, now it's time to teach you lesson manners; I am going to punish you for not obeying my order. Today you will not be allowed to do Kanah's pooja (prayer). This is your punishment for disrespecting me. You worry more about Kanah's pooja than my order, now you will know what Shenhshah's order means." He called and gave orders to the guards to watch Jodha begum and make sure she do not perform her Pooja, before Jodha could say even a word he walked out of her tent fumingly. This was a very big punishment for her. First time in her life she will not do kanah's pooja. So she decided not to eat or drink until she performs her pooja (prayer).

There was a big Jashn (function) and welcome celebration planned at the Agra Place for Jodha. It was a part of the customs of marriage. Rukaiya begum was happy because Jalal was coming back to Agra after many days. Jalal getting married or bringing women with him was not new to her. The only difference this time was he officially married a Rajput princess. As per his religion he could marry only 4 times in his life. Rukaiya and Jalal were best friends from their childhood. Rukaiya always loved Jalal but for Jalal she was his best friend, adviser and his chief wife. He didn't love her but she was very much important in his life. Rukaiya controlled all his begums and concubines and made sure all their needs were fulfilled. She was very good at politics and controlling power. Jalal discussed every difficult situation with her and took her advice. She was surprised when she came to know that Jalal had married Jodha officially as he never had any discussion with her.

Finally after three days of tiring journey they all reached Agra palace in the afternoon... Jodha's welcome was very grand. Palace was beautifully decorated, welcome music was going on, and bunch of Harem begums came out to see Jodha. Jodha and Jalal got blessings from elderly people for their wedding. Jodha did some of her Griha Pravesh ritual which annoyed Jalal and Mahamanga. But as Jalal had agreed on her conditions he didn't say anything...Jodha was feeling too tired, she wanted to rest since she hadn't eaten anything for 4 days now. She was deeply depressed and sad because she was not able to perform Kanah's prayer today.

Jalal kept Jodha's health condition secret from everyone, since he was at fault. When Hamida took off Jodha's Ghoonghat, she got shocked seeing her face. She also noticed bandages on her hands. She put her veil (ghoonghat) back and told everyone that Jodha begum needs to relax; she will see everyone today at the function.

Hamida knew something was not right. Something must have happened on the way. She looked at Jalal angrily with question mark on her face. Jalal was not able to see in her eyes... Seeing guilt in his eyes, Hamida decided to take Jodha to her palace.

She softly caresses on her head and asked with much care & concerns "Jodha begum, Are you all right??? Is everything okay?"

Jodha couldn't hold any more, she started crying like a small child... Hamida hugged her with love and said "I am like your mother, don't worry Jodha, I will always stay by your side. Don't feel that you are alone here. Anytime you feel sad or need something, just come to me my child."

After a brief pause she continued "I don't know what Jalal has done to you but let me tell you something, my son is not really a terrible person, he lost his father at a very young age and then he had to take care of the entire Sultanat young age... day by day he became like a stone... He has gone through a lot of tough time and many betrayals have turned him into a heartless person but I have hope that one day you will bring my Jalal back. You are a very pure hearted and innocent person. You don't want anything from Jalal, everyone around him wants something from him, I am sure one day he will realize your purity." She hugged her again and kissed on her forehead and said "God bless you my child!!!" then she gave Jodha some Jewelry and outfit for Jashn which was picked by Jalal specially for Jodha and told her that a lot of important people are coming today to attend this Jashn so relax now and get ready in three hours for the function.

Jodha gratefully thanked her, she felt much more peaceful after talking to her.

As per routine, Jalal went to see Rukaiya begum first. Rukaiya was so happy to see Jalal that her tears came out. She hugged Jalal with passion and love but somehow Jalal was still lost and couldn't respond in the same way. His respond was too dry... Something was bothering him. But suddenly he realized what he was doing and hugged Rukaiya with same passion and asked her lovingly "How are you my dear? You are looking very beautiful as usual."

Rukaiya instantly knew something was different about Jalal today. She teasingly said " Badle Badle sarkar nazar aarahe hai" (You look like a different man Jalal)

Jalal crossly replied "Rukaiya, please don't bother me, it's nothing like that, just that I am too tired."

She asked seriously "Jalal, what happened, you do not look happy to see me, are you okay? Is everything good?"

Jalal replied masking his emotions "It's just that I was missing my best friend, nothing else." They talked to her about everything but not about Jodha. He didn't want to talk about Jodha with Rukaiya but even he didn't know why he was acting this way and hiding about her. He always shared everything with Rukaiya.

Jalal was now getting ready for the Jashn but his heart was not at peace, he knew he had punished Jodha harshly, he knew how religious she is and he stopped her from doing her daily routine prayer. He was aware that it was really a very big punishment for Jodha but he was so angry at that time and whatever came in his mind he punished her with.

Jalaal went to Jodha's room to talk to her. As soon as Moti saw Jalal she walked out of the room. Jodha didn't know that Jalal was in the room. Jalal  eyes laid on open backless blouse... her curvy back and spotless fair skin mesmerized him.

Jodha loudly called "Moti, where are you???

Jalal softly replied "Moti just went out."

Jodha realized Jalal's presence in her chamber, she turned to see him and at the same time she realized she was not wearing her chunni yet. She immediately grab chunni and covered herself.

Seeing Jodha's face expression Jalal smirked at her and asked "Can I help you with the dori Jodha begum?"

Jodha looked at him petulantly and replied "How dare you come in my chamber."

Jalal replied seriously "Jodha Begum, first of all, Remember... I don't like the word dare, You and your Amer has already seen my dare and second, what did you just say? 'how dare I come in you chamber' then listen; I can come to your chamber anytime I want. Maybe you are forgetting that I am your husband. Though I have promised not to touch you, but I can come here whenever I wish to and you cannot stop me."

Jodha furiously said "Aap nirlaj hai" ("You are shameless.") She took her chunni and went in to the other room.

Jalal smirked seeing her anger, he waited for her in diwan.

Jodha got ready and came out...

Seeing her Jalal said to himself 'Ya Allah!!! Khuda ne isko badi fursat se banaya hai.' (Ya Allah!!! khuda has created you with lots of patience)

Jalal while gazing said dryly "Let's go Begum Jodha."

Everyone came to Jashn area and was now waiting for the couple to arrive. Loud announcement was made and Jalal and Jodha entered the big hall where Jashn was organized, everyone got up from their chair to respect the Shenshah.

Jodha covered herself in long veil (ghoonghat). They both sat next to each other. It was a small seat for two...Jodha felt uncomfortable and hesitant sitting that close to Jalal.

Suddenly, Jalal got up from his chair and took off Jodha's veil (Ghooghat) and told her that we do not have custom for queens to put long veil and today everyone is here to see you, so there is no need to cover your face.

Jodha felt a little shy in front of everyone, she lowered her eyes. From the corner Rukaiya was watching at Jalal and his actions, she got surprised to see him changes in his behavior. He never entered in the court or Jashn with any of his queens. He took off her veil in front of everyone which surprised not only Rukaiya but everyone in the hall.

One by one, everyone gave lots of gifts and blessings to the couple. Rukaiya also came to wish Jodha and Jalal. Seeing Rukaiya Jalal got up from his chair and introduced Rukaiya to Jodha and told Jodha that she is Begum-e-Khaas, you need to learn from her all the rules and laws for begums.

Jodha sarcastically replied "Sure I would try my best to fulfill my wife's duty Shenshah."

Rukaiya had so many questions in her mind about Jodha and she glanced at Jalal with all questions?

Jalal looked at her with comfort that he will answer her questions soon?

It was time for final ritual of sweet exchange... announcement made by maulvi that Jodha begum will feed Badshah Jalaludin Mohamad.

Jodha took sweet from the plate and slowly forwarded her hand near his mouth.

Jalal held Jodha's hand and ate the entire piece while looking at her wickedly. Every one clapped and blessed the couple then another announcement made, Shenshah will feed his begum now.

After hearing this announcement, Jodha got shocked and alarmed, she was fasting and she didn't know what to do... She knew if she refuses now, Jalal will get really mad at her for insulting him in front of  so many people and will punish her more but for her religion and belief comes first... she decided to fight for herself...  

Jodha said in very low tone "Shenshah, I cannot eat sweet."

Jalal gazed at her with anger and told her in whisper "Don't you dare to insult me and you better don't create drama in front of people otherwise you will be very sorry for your action."

Jodha with panicky tone replied "Shenshah, you can kill me but I will not eat no matter what happens, you have punished me, not to do Krishna's puja today and I don't eat anything without Prayer. So I cannot eat today. Do whatever you want to do. I am ready for all consequence" then she stared at him with fury.

Jalal's anger boiled up, he clutched his hands to control his anger, he very well knew she will not eat at any cost; he had already experienced her stubbornness.

Everyone was waiting for Jalal to feed Jodha... Jalal got up from his chair and called up Rukaiya begum and fed her sweet. Everyone was so shocked to see this.

Jalal said looking at everyone "No matter how many times I marry, my first wife deserves this sweet." Then he announced loudly function is finished and looked back at Jodha with fuming anger and pointedly said in a thick tone "Begum Jodha, let's go, function is finished."

Seeing his fuming angry face, Jodha got shivered and without any argument she started to walk with him. They both were quietly going towards Jodha's palace. Jalal walked rapidly and Jodha tried to catch up with his pace, but due to fasting, she was feeling weak and felt like she is going to faint any moment. In low tone she said "Shehenshah" and lost her conscious, she was about to fall but Jalal cached her on time and Shouted out loud "Jodhaaa!!!!" He carried her in his arms and took her to his room and told maid to call Hakim. Jalal sprinkled some water on Jodha's face. She came back to her senses and opened her eyes and saw Jalal with awfully worried face, holding her hand. Jodha took away her hand from his hand.

Jalal asked caringly "Jodha begum, how are you feeling now? You need to drink some water and eat something, why are you punishing yourself? You have not eaten anything for 4 days."

Jodha got surprised to hear concern about her from him. She laughed cynically and snapped back at him "Oh... Heartless Shenshah is worried for his begum, don't worry I will not die that easily, you will get enough chances to take your revenge."

Jalal realized that he was showing his concern to her, so to cover-up his anxiety he replied "Jodha begum hum appna farz nibha rahe the, hamari zimmedari ko hum bakhubi samjhte hain, yahi cheez kisi bandi ke saath hoti to ham wahi karte jo abhi kar rahe hain, hum jante hai aap rajput hai itni jaldi marne valo me se nahi hai." ( "Jodha Begum I was just following my duties , I very well know about my responsibilities , if such thing had happened to any of the servants , then also I would have done the same thing which I am doing for you. I know you are a Rajput and will not die so easily... unfortunately I will have to bear your burden for long.)

Till then Hakim came and Jalal got up from the bed and waited for hakim to check Jodha.

He asked the hakim "how is she doing?"

Hakim said calmly "Shenshah, nothing to worry, she is fine but very weak. She needs to eat something soon."

Jalal knew she is not going eat until she does her prayer in the morning. It was very late and Jalal didn't want to send her back to her chamber in this state. Jalal replied "Hakim Sahiba, thank you, I will take care of her tonight."

Precap: Message arrives that Raja Bharmal and Rani Mainavati are coming to Agra for pag fere rasam.

shahbhavini thumbnail

Chapter 6 

Recap: Hakim came and Jalal get up the bed and waited for hakim's response. He asked hakim how Jodha is doing. Hakim said to Jalal she is fine but weak. She needs to eat something quickly. Jalal knew she is not going eat until she does prayer in the morning. 

CHAPTER 6

It was late night and seeing her health condition, Jalal decided not to send her back to her chamber. He thanked the Hakima and said that he will take care of her tonight. Hakim Sahiba respectfully said "Aadab Shenshah, Shabba kher" (Good Night) and left.

Jodha tetchily said " Nahi hame hamare kaksh me jana hai, humein aapka koi upkar nahi chahiye. (I want to go back to my chamber; I don't want any favors from you.)

Then arrogantly she got up from the bed with heavy jolt and tried to walk out of the chamber but due to weakness from fast, she felt dizzy again, her vision faded and she was about to fall but at the last second Jalal caught her and carried her in his arms towards the bed. Their eyes met with each other's. His eyes were dancing with humor and with playful smirk Jalal put her on the bed softly.

Jalal ironically said "Jodha Begum, hame to lagta hai aap jaan boojhkar hamare hi saamne girti hain taaki hum aapko apni baahon mein utha sake aur chhoo sakein" (Jodha begum, I think you purposely fall in front of me so I can carry you in my arms and touch you.)

She gazed at him with embarrassment, then with deep sigh out she thought...why he is so charming and attractive? His aroma is so intoxicating. Why can't I take my eyes off of him? I have never felt like this for any man before. When he hoeld me near his chest my heart stopped beating. He does have a magnetic personality. He is so sharp, quick and a manipulative player, how quickly he played in the Jashn (function) and fed the sweet to Rukaiya begum without anyone knowing the real reason behind it and with his one act he showed every one how he doesn't value me and at the same time he pleased his favorite begum also. He is a true player, he hardly speaks but when he does speak everyone followes him blindly. He is extraordinarily intelligent in talking; he even made me a fool and found out my true identity. Suddenly she realized what she was thinking, she quickly closed her eyes in exasperation and thought 'Oh Nooo Kanah... what is happening to me??? Why am I thinking about this Jallad? I should not take another chance again to leave from here, what if I fell again? Then he will have to support me and I don't want any favors from him. She decided to keep quite.

Jalal saw her lost in thoughts, her face looked so sad and helpless. To distract her Jalaal teasingly said "Today my new begum will sleep in my chamber for the first time."

Jodha squinted eyes and said "My unfortunate destiny...Poor me, I will have to bear the torture of staying with you for the night."

Jalal with his sharp eyes gazed at her impassively but his lips had a hint of smirk seeing her so vulnerable and angery. He was thoroughly enjoying teasing her.

Jalal slowly walked towards her and sat on the bed next to her, then sarcastically asked "My poor unfortunate, brainless begum, I am asking you for last time, do you want to eat something?"

Jodha angrily replied "First of all I am not brainless, and second you are the one who is asking me brainless question. You know I am fasting but still you are asking me to eat food. Shenshah, I will not eat anything till I do prayer tomorrow morning, so don't ask me anymore brainless questions."

Jalal with smirk on his face looked at her mockingly and said "Ok, as you wish, my poor begum" then he called his personal maid and ordered her to bring (Shahi Pakwan) Royal meal.

Jodha got annoyed thinking he is so dominating, even after I denied he is ordering food for me, fumingly she said "I said I don't want to eat food, don't you understand what I said the first time or are you really..."

Jalal scornfully replied: "Jodha begum, aap kabhi apne ilawa kisi aur ke baare nahi soch sakti kya, ye khana humne hamare liye mangvaya hai, apke liye nahi, Vaise bhi Hum Jante hai aap kitni ziddi hain, hum aapko kya pagal lagte hai ki pattar se apna sar fodte raheinge.(Jodha begum, how selfish of you, you think about yourself only all the time, don't you see your husband is hungry, I have ordered food for myself, I am not crazy that I will keep hitting my head on a rock.)

Few minutes of silence followed.

Jodha was so irritated, and Jalal kept smiling looking at her. Even he didn't know why, but he was really enjoying teasing her. No one dared to speak to him this way ever, not even Rukaiya. He was enjoying this new relation of hatred. Every begum of his was opposite to Jodha, they could die to see his one smile, all of them always tried to please him in different ways but Jodha didn't care, she didn't even care of his status of Shenshah, she didn't want to be special queen of his. She always said what she felt without any fear of the consequences.  

Jodha was thinking, how shameless he is... he will eat in front of me, he doesn't even care I have not eaten anything for four days and smell of food will create desire for food in me and this Jallad is telling me that I am selfish.

Jodha irritably asked in cranky tone "Ab kya aap hamare samne khana khayeinge?" (Are you going to eat in front of me?)

Jalal playfully replied "Nahin...meri bechari begum...hum to aapke saath mein baith ke khayenge! (No...My poor begum...I will sit next to you and eat.)

Hearing this Jodha got really frustrated and said "Humein bechari mat kahiye warna aap jaante nahin hum aapka kya kareinge aur humne aaj tak aap jaisa koi besharm nahi dekha." (Don't call me poor again, otherwise you will see what I can do to you and I have not seen anyone more shameless than you.)

He inhaled sharply, raised his eyebrow and in sarcastic tone replied "Oh...hamari bechari begum, hum to darr gaye! Aree humne aapko phirse bechari kaha, ab humara kya hoga?? Waise humein ache se pata hai ke hamari tarah koi nahin hai." (Oh...My poor begum, I am so scared. I called you poor again, what will happen to me now?? And shameless... I very well know that no one can be like me.)

Jodha shuddered seeing his scary fuming look... she decided not to reply to him... she kept quite...

After a few minutes of deep silence Jalal asked in husky but deadly silent sound "Jodha, Aren't you scared of me? Do you know that how many states I own? How many kings have surrendered under me? People wait months to meet me. Do you really know who I am?"

Jodha shivered seeing his deadly silent eyes and his thick tone... she said to herself...Oh hell ... Yes... you are too scary... just being around you is so threatening...your sharp angry eyes give me tremors to my core... I know how you control and command people... I am very well aware that you too powerful... probably most powerful person in entire Hindustan but I am also fearless princess... and I will not show my fear or weakness to you.

She composed herself and replied in same thick and deadly sound "Shenshah, Am I scared of you??? NO!!! I only get scared of people who I respect... I am scared of my bapusa, bhaisa, masa, dadisa, and Amer people because they all love me but I am not scared of you because I have no desire left to live. I cannot kill myself, otherwise you will punish Amer and you left me no choice but to live. You have gotten puppet from Amer to play. If you punish me to death, I will be rather happy than scared."

He gazed at her impassively and steadily then replied with cool silent thick manipulative tone "Let's see Jodha begum how long you can stay without fear in this palace."

He was constantly drooling over her beauty ... while looking at her, he said to himself, I knew she don't have fear of me and she doesn't care about my status and she has no desire to be special... she is so transparent and pure. His unbreakable, piercing and constant gaze made her very uncomfortable. She scornfully said "Aap hame aese ghur ghur ke kyun dekh rahe hain?? Humein aise ullu ki tarah ghurna band kijiye apni daravni aankhon se warna kahin aapki aankhe bahar na aa jaye aur aap kuch bhi dekhne ke layak na rahein" (Why are you staring at me? Stop staring at me like an owl with your monster eyes otherwise your eyes will come out, you will go blind forever.)

Jalal could not hold it anymore and started to laugh out loudly showing his beautiful pearl like teeth. Suddenly her anger and fear disappeared and she got mesmerized in his innocent glorious smile. Jalal noticed her staring at him.

Jalal with smirk snapped back at her with the same sentence "Humein aise ullu ki tarah ghurna band kijiye apni daravni aankhon se warna kahin aapki aankhe bahar na aa jaye aur aap kuch bhi dekhne ke layak na rahein" (Stop staring at me like an owl with your monster eyes otherwise your eyes will come out, you will go blind forever.)

She could not hold herself either and started to laugh. Both of them were laughing together for the first time.

Jalal sat on the couch relaxing waiting for his food to arrive... he dryly asked "Jodha begum, why are you fighting with Lord Krishna, and punishing yourself to punish him?"

Jodha grumpily replied "So you tell me Shenshah what else should I do?? I have prayed and worshipped Krishna since I was a kid. I talked to him for hours and hours, I shared everything with him...my dreams...my dreams about my future husband...my life...my everything and see what he did, what he let happen with me?? So now I am thanking Kanah for giving me a husband who has more than 5000 women in his harem, I am thanking Kanah for giving me a cruel husband who doesn't even respect other religions, who doesn't even know the meaning of marriage, who feels proud to be called a heartless man." She paused and then continued "Anyway, this is between me and Kanah and you have nothing to do with this. I have always believed that everything happens for good and with wish of Kanah but for the first time in my life I don't feel everything happens for good."

Jalal looked at her innocent sad face and thought, how simply she said what she felt about him, it was hurtful to hear it but its the truth... how purely and easily she showed me the mirror.

It was true, the way he treated women, every time he won states, he demanded to gift women for his harem. He never respected other religions and he indeed felt proud be a called as cruel heartless warrior. He knew everything but hearing from her was still painful for him. His dead heart winced in pain for the first time. Her blunt answers were pounding on his heart, his anger was slowly starting to boil up to take revenge from her but her innocent purity was constantly defeating him and her pain started to wound his stony heart. He couldn't face her for long so he closed his eyes and rested his head on the couch.

Soon the guard came inside to inform food has arrived, which snapped both of them from their thoughts. Jalal gave permission to serve food.

Maids entered with lots of different dishes. The entire room got filled with aroma of delicious food. Jalal's plate was served by maids and then they left. Jalal was really very hungry as he didn't get a chance to eat properly the entire day. He started eating food quietly but then realized that Jodha has not eaten anything for the last 4 days. He suddenly stopped eating in the middle and called maid and told her to take the food back.

Jodha noticed that Jalal suddenly stopped eating food and sent it back, so she asked him sarcastically "Shenshah ko khana pasand nahi aaya kya??" (Did the Shenshah not like the food??)

Jalal quickly replied "Nahi Jodha begum wo kya hai na ki hum hamari ammi ki ekloti aulad hain aur hum nahin chahte ke hamare khane pe kisi ki nazar lage aur hum bimar ho jayein, pata hai kali billi ki nazar kitni buri hoti hai??" (No Jodha begum, actually the thing is I am my mother's only child and I don't want anyone to keep a bad eye on my food and make me sick, you know how badly black cats affect??) then he smirked at her.

Jodha asked with anger "To kya hum aapko kali billi lagte hai??" (Do I look like a black cat to you??")

Jalaal quickly replied "Nahi Nahi Jodha begum aesa mat kahiye, dekhiye aapki vajah se wo kali billi humse naraz ho gayi." (No no Jodha begum don't say like that, look because of you that black cat is mad at me now.) He smirked at her again. Jalal was really enjoying teasing her.

Jodha was really annoyed now and said "I don't want to talk to you anymore and I am going to sleep now."

Irritably she started taking off her jewelry and then she opened her long hair.

Jalal was staring at her the whole time and enjoying her beauty.

Jalal mockingly replied "I am too tired, I am going to sleep." he got up and took his pillow and lie down on the corner of the same bed.

Jodha suddenly realized he is sleeping next to her, she quickly got up from the bed and said "You can't sleep on this bed."

Jalal dryly without any expression asked "Why not?"

Jodha replied "Because I am saying so, we can't sleep on the same bed."

Jalal crossly questioned her with his gleaming angry eyes "So you don't have trust on me, you still think that I will take advantage of you and force on you??"

Seeing his angry hurtful eyes she got scared a little and replied calmly "It's not like that, I know you will keep your promise but how can we sleep on same bed, that close?? What if we lose our control??"

Jalal's eyes gleamed with humor and playfully he asked "Ohhh!!! you don't trust yourself Jodha begum??"

Jodha petulantly replied "I don't have any problem, sleep on the same bed but don't dare to come anywhere near my side."

Jalal smiled on his little victory.

Jodha went to sleep in a flick. Jalal watched her impeccable beauty. Few strands of her hair fell on her face, Jalal quietly moved those strands of hair from her face and gazed at her beautiful face till he fell asleep.

Both of them were very tired from their long journey and all the sleepless nights. Jodha turned few times in sleep and moved towards Jalal's side and unknowingly her head was resting on his shoulder and her hand landed on his chest in sleep Jodha's chunni went under Jalal's hand. Jalaal woke up feeling heavy on his chest and soon realized it's because Jodha was sleeping on him. He smiled looking at her possessing him in sleep, he was loving this closeness. Soon he fell asleep while gazing at her.

Jodha had slept peacefully after so many days and woke up early in the morning feeling extremely fresh. She noticed she was completely on Jalal's side of the bed. Her hand was resting on top of his chest and her head on his shoulder... she noticed in sleep his hand was on top of hers... She felt embarrassed and quietly decided to move away from Jalal. She slowly tried to put his hand on side but in sleep Jalal turned towards her and put his hand back on her waist. Jalal was still sleeping peacefully, but her chunni was stuck under him very awkwardly. She tried pulling her chunni but while pulling it she fell on him. Jalal suddenly woke up and realized exactly what happened. Jodha was now resting on top of him and for a few seconds both got lost in each other. Their inconsistent heartbeats were clearly audible to each other. Their faces were inches apart, warm breath was creating sensation in Jalal and he was completely mesmerized in her beautiful deep shy eyes. Her trembling lips were creating desire in him to touch them. Jalal tightened his grip and pulled her little more closer by her bare waist. Jalal with close eyes rubbed his cheek with her cheek. Her soft skin and sweet smell made him fanatical. His first sensual touch sent shivers inside her body. After few seconds of lost control she came back to her senses and tried to push him away, Jalal also snapped out from her beauty spell and came back to his senses. He tried to let Jodha free from the situation but her chunni was stuck badly under him, to release her he grabbed her and rolled over her. Now Jalal was resting on top of her and again they got lost in each other for a few seconds. Jalal warmly with sensual whisper said in her ears "Good Morning Jodha begum."

Jodha tried not to blush but still she blushed and there was a little smile with fake anger on her face.

Both of them swiftly got up from the bed... Jodha angrily said "Didn't I tell you we shouldn't sleep on the same bed." She started murmuring to herself softly "He never listens to anyone, don't know how he became shenshah!"

Jalal was taking pleasure in her anger. Her irritating cute face was creating humor and making her look more adorable.

Jalal teasingly winced "oohhh aaah my whole body is aching!!!! Jodha begum, what have you done?? Seems like the entire night you slept on top of me."

Jodha felt so flustered and embarrassed, without looking at him she walked out of the room without saying a word.

Jalal smirked watching her going out.

Jalal called his maid and instructed her to inform him as soon as Jodha begum finishes her prayer.

Jalal finished his routine namaj then sword practice and was ready for the day. It was almost time for Diwan E Khas. The maid came and informed him that Jodha begum is done with her pooja.

Jalal immediately went to Jodha's chamber and instructed maid to leave the food platter and go.

Jodha irritably asked "Ab kya aaj bhi koi gunah ho gaya hai hamse, hum khana khaye bina aur ek din aaram se gujar sakte hain, Hum Rajput hai itni Jaldi nahi marenge" (What happen??? Shenshah, Have I done any crime?? I haven't eaten yet, I can go for another day without food. I am a Rajvanshi Princess; I will not die that easily.)

Jalal teasing replied "No way Jodha begum, I can't punish you any more, my shoulders can't bear your heavy burden anymore. My body is still aching."

Jodha squinted her eyes and said "Oh...I didn't know... King of kings...Shenshah E Hindustan's shoulders are so weak."

Jalal snapped back at her "Oh...Jodha begum, the day you want to test my shoulders, my hands, my legs and you know what else, let me know, I will show you how strong they are!" His sharp eyes turned dark with humor and his lips curved with hint of smirk.

Jodha's face turned pink, she saw wicked gleam playing in his eyes and then she said to herself...Oh god!!! He is so intimidating.

Jodha irritably asked "Kripa aap humein batayeinge ke Shenshah E Hindustan ka aagman yahan, is bechari begum ke yahan par kyu hua hai." (Can you please tell me why Shenshah E hindustan came to see his poor begum?)

Jalal confidently replied "Wo kya hai na Jodha begum hum kisi kaam ko adhura nahi chodte, Apne kal hame mithai khilai thi aur hum aapko nahi khila paye the to humne socha uss rasam ko aaj poora kar dein. Aur kya pata isi bahane aapki namkin aur kadvi zuban ko Jara mithi ho jaye." (You know Jodha begum, I never leave any work incomplete. Yesterday you fed me sweet and I couldn't, so I thought why not finish that custom today. And who knows maybe this way I can make your salty and sour tongue sweet.)

Jodha got shocked hearing that Jalal came to feed her sweet. His commending and intimidating tone scared her again. She replied sarcastically "Apni iss bechari begum par itni meherbni kyun?? Aapki is meharbani ki vajah Shenshah?? Kahi iss upkar ke piche Zehar khila ke marne ka irada to nahi hai na?" (Oh!!! That is a big obligation for this poor begum, why are you doing this favor Shenshah??? What is your intention behind this care??? Your intention behind this care isn't your decision to kill me with poison, is it?)

He gazed at her sternly. He smiled dryly which didn't touch his eyes, his eyes looked elusively disappointed.

He raised his eyebrow and sternly replied "Aap hamari sabse badi dushman hain Jodha Begum, aapko itni aasan maut nahin de sakte hum." (You are my biggest enemy Jodha begum, how can I give you such a easy death.)

He sounded bitterly hurt but then quickly he took a piece of sweet from the platter and forwarded his hand to feed her sweet. She shyly opened her mouth and ate the sweet. Her eyes gleamed with tears. It was horrifying to let her uninvited tears prick out in front of him.

Seeing her in tears, Jalal's anger vanished in a flick of a second. He calmly said "Jodha begum, Hope this sweet diminishes your bitterness." He looked at her sad teary face and walked out from there swiftly.

Jalaal went straight to Diean E Khaas.

Diwan e Khaas was filled with many intelligent and  talented administrators and maulvies. This was the first time Jalal was attending the court after his marriage with Jodha. All the maulvis were really upset with Jalal because he got married to a Hindu Princess and also accepted her conditions. They were complaining, why this marriage was not discussed with them in advance. How can he give permission to Jodha begum to continue her religion and have a temple in her chamber? Every Mughal in the court was against Jalal. Jalal scanned the whole court with his sharp eyes, looking at each and every person in the court. Even after so many complaints his face had an impassive expression and eyes had dangerous silence in them.

Mahamanga loudly yelled "Khamosh!" (Quiet!)

Everyone in the court got shocked and fell quiet hearing Maham Anga's roaring yell.

Next: Letter from Bharmal arrived informing his arrival in Agra for Pag Fera rasam.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to LIKE and COMMENT on chapters... Your COMMENTS encourage me to write more and keep me going.