Sports/Cricket

Congratulations Nadal for another Grand Slam and creating History.!

piggie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

WELCOME !!
to the final of French Open

Today we have the top two arch rivals against each other for this Sunday Men's Final.

The pressure is on at this year's RONALD GROSS, where RAFA NADAL will go head-to-head against NOVAK Djokovic to not only fight for the French Open title, but his No. 1 ranking, as well. Who do you think will come out on top?

Nadal v/s Djokovic  all these years

No pair - not Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe, not Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi, not Roger Federer and Nadal -- has stared across the net so frequently.
Their 42nd overall meeting and now 12th in a Grand Slam tournament are both records.

At stake in two days
: the No. 1 ranking, Djokovic's bid for a career Grand Slam and already eight-time champion Nadal's attempt to become the first player to win five consecutive French Open titles.

Factoid
Nadal has won 22 of their 41 encounters. Djokovic has never beaten the Spainard in the French Open in 5 meetings. However, Nadal is yet to beat him after his last US open win. 

So now its your time to support tour favourite player...!!!

Edited by piggie - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I do like both...so Go both...I may be biased toward Nadal tho...He is the one who got me to watch tennis finals when he beat Fedo in Wimbledon 2008😆.
Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Rafa Rafa Rafa...the king of clay court, clinch the trophy one more time for us..
piggie thumbnail
Neha teko live streaming and scoring sites pta h kya????
piggie thumbnail
 A win here and Nadal would become the first man in history to win nine titles at any Grand Slam event and move into a tie for second place with Pete Sampras for Slam titles at 14.
woah lots at stake for Ndaal.. indeed history reckoning him..

go on Nadal🥳
Edited by piggie - 9 years ago
AyRa_Rocks thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Rafaa,my second fav I like Djoker too. But Nadal all the way. Let the clay king win this one👍🏼
awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
For the online live go to the Below link

http://www.sportcategory.com/c-4.html

awesomegurti thumbnail
TV channel Neo prime 6 :30 pm

awesomegurti thumbnail
(i) it is 100% clear that Rafa Nadal will retain his #1 ranking if he manages to defend his Roland Garros title, that would mean that he would keep his #1 ranking *at least* till the end of Wimbledon & complete, 141 weeks at ATP #1.

If Nadal loses in the finals, then he can remain #1 only if Djokovic loses in or before the semi-final stage...

(ii) Djokovic will regain #1 ranking from Rafa Nadal (after 35 weeks) post Roland Garros, 2014 , if :

(a) Djokovic wins the title, irrespective of whether Nadal reaches the finals or loses earlier.

(b. If Nadal loses before the final, then Djokovic needs to reach just the 3rd Round to regain #1 ATP Ranking...

(iii) Stan Wawrinka has a 705 points lead over Federer. Federer can get up to #3 rank if he manages to reach the finals & Wawrinka loses in the QF.

Wawrinka & Federer are assured to stay in the Top-4 unless Berdych or Murray don't reach finals of Roland Garros, 2014.

(iv) David Ferrer is defending 1200 points at RG, 2014 & an early loss, can move him out of the Top-8, as you can see from the chart above.

(v) Tomas Berdych can at best get to #5, but to have a realistic chance of reaching the Top-4 post Roland Garros, he needs to reach the finals of French Open, 2014.

(vi) Del Potro is also almost sure to remain in the Top-8 unless Raonic or Nishikori manage to reach semi-final or beyond...

(vii) Andy Murray has been ranked in the Top-8 since August, 2008 (5 years & 10 months) & its almost sure, that he will remain in the Top-8 *at least* till Wimbledon unless Nishikori or Raonic manage to reach the finals of Roland Garros & he loses out early.

For any other player's ranking, feel free to drop in a comment and I will try to reply as soon as possible. Watch out this space as I will keep updating more ranking scenarios in the coming days.
awesomegurti thumbnail
Rafael Nadal finds himself in an unprecedented ninth Roland Garros final on Sunday. We take a look at some of his best quotes of the past fortnight.

"Today I played better than Andy. Andy made a few mistakes, especially on his return; whereas I made very few mistakes. I played quite well. So these are facts. I succeeded in developing my strategy." - No tip-toeing around the obvious this time, after the Spaniard annihilated Andy Murray in the semi-finals.

"Novak already did a lot (of) positive results here. It's nothing new for him to be in the final. He has the motivation to win Roland Garros for the first time for sure. But at the same time, he has the pressure to win for the first time. I have the pressure that I want to win and the motivation that I want to win the ninth." - On facing Novak Djokovic, a player he has lost his past four encounters with, in Sunday's decider.

"I was a bit surprised not to be playing on the centre court. I think I would have liked to play on the centre court a lot better than Suzanne Lenglen. There were probably reasons, which of course I understand. But to be frank, I wanted to play on the centre court. Between centre and all the other courts, there is a huge difference, that's true." - On playing his second match of the tournament - his quarter-final against David Ferrer and a remake of last year's final - on the second show court.

"When I get a message from the king when I play a tournament, it's a huge pleasure for me feeling supported by the leader of our country, and a king who was so much admired everywhere in the world. He was somebody I really liked. He was very close to me. Over the last few years our relationship's developed, and I always wanted to thank him for the kindness he showed." - On the abdication of King Juan Carlos of Spain.

"I think the best thing would be to have a big clock with a countdown on the court, and then when there is no more seconds to go, we would have to serve. But, I think that tennis is a sport where we should be able to think. Otherwise, it's just about keeping an eye on the clock ... It's true to say that I'm slow. I accept it. I admit the fact that at times I'm a bit slow." -On receiving time violation warnings between points.

"Our generation is now on the way out, like Murray, Djokovic, Ferrer, Berdych and others, and Tsonga, as well, we have been here for a long while. A generation is walking away and others will replace us. It will not come overnight, but it will come. I think that this player has a huge potential and could be one of the ones who's going to replace us. His tennis style is really good. What he could work on is his footwork and how he moves on the court. That's all." - On the prospects of rising Austrian talent Dominic Thiem, whom he beat in the second round.