Importance of Education in the world of television

Posted: 9 years ago
Although the topic is general in sense, let me talk about TMKOC in particular. It has always emphasized about various social evils and problems effortlessly. Be it saving the enviroment, eve teasing or water harvest,  etc and  each time they have  taught us the moral way.
My topic is debatable, I know and that is the real motive here. I want to know if they show any importance to education here? Did they ever do anything special apart from Tappu sena results? Oh yes you will point me the Tappu sena teaching the slum children. but my question is somewhat more concerned with the way the characters have shaped up.

Let us for instance talk about Daya or rather compare Daya and Anjali. Daya has limited education whereas Anjali is an educated woman. Can you point me one difference between the two characters ? Only Anjali speaks good english otherwise its  Daya who knows everything . She knows how to play baseball, she knows how to swim , she knows how to play cricket. She has been projected as the woman of today's world. She can become captain of a cricket team while other women far more educated than her watches her with awe. The literate ones without a thought acknowledges Daya and her mother's preaching. The importance of education is stepped under the feet.

Same goes with Champak chacha and Jethiya. He supersedes Bhide like the latter doesn't exist. Bhide's educational qualification is hardly given any respect or importance rather he remains as a laughing stock to everyone. This is the same case with Popat lal. As for Mehta, how come he is a writer is another debatable topic.

SOnu is the most hardworking kid in the whole gtoup but its Tappu who wins the trip to Paris. Its Jetha who goes to London, not Iyyer who is a scientist or Hathi who is a doctor.

My question is to Asit MOdi, Does he lessens the importance of education in the whole story ? The Gada parivar is the chosen one, they can do wonders while others are suppose to watch their antics and say" wah wah kya baat hai".

Your views please.
shayad issi liye too ye comedy show hai...😆...The Comedy of Errors..😆, TMKOC dekhte waqt dimaag ki khidki band kardena chahiye...😆..

We need comedy back in the show...Education too bhaki hum seekh hi lenge kahin na kahin se..😆...khatak..

Edited by terenaam_ahm - 9 years ago
Lol... As long as it was a comedy show, this question was not pertinent but now it is Aastha show with Baba Tarak's pravachans. I wont wonder if the show is shifted to Aastha channel now.

Coming back to the discussion, I m only pointing out whether they have showed this aspect  of education or not. All they know about education is education=school= baccha= income. Education has a larger perspective and this is the issue all about.
Therefore, the question of minimising the role of education stands to where it was.

It is not about this show only. You will find ample of such shows. Woman in particular don''t do anything apart from wooing their husbands and serving their in-laws.So, I have discussed TMKOC as we are not allowed to discuss other shows here. In some stupid serial, a village girl who is also a board topper of that state was asked to make a cup of adrak chai. The innocent but genius girl made a chai with adrak, lehsun and other masalas. Explain me please, how did this girl clear any examination anywhere in this world? 

Edited by dey.bh - 9 years ago
@ Debby

issliye too kaha...TV ki duniya alag hai..hamari galathi hai ki hum reality se compare kar baithe..😆, ab se tv ki duniya ko tv ki nazar se dekhenge...😆
Edited by terenaam_ahm - 9 years ago
Arre the writers are having jitters just trying to create comedy now. Where do they have the brains to think about these things?
IMO, the things you have mentioned come from a state of being and vision. That's why when we see a film, it's the closest look we will ever get into the director's mind.

With a television show that's been telecast 5 days a week for 5-6 years. the problems are manifold. Writers have probably changed and there are probably multiple ones too who all need to agree on the script before it's filmed.
Originally posted by terenaam_ahm

@ Debby

issliye too kaha...TV ki duniya alag hai..hamari galathi hai ki hum reality se compare kar baithe..😆, ab se tv ki duniya ko tv ki nazar se dekhenge...😆
Problem to hai har viewer ke pass, sirf nazariye ki hai baat. Apply Gandhi's mantra. Bura mat dekho, mat suno, mat bolo... Case solved
Originally posted by severus1

Arre the writers are having jitters just trying to create comedy now. Where do they have the brains to think about these things?
IMO, the things you have mentioned come from a state of being and vision. That's why when we see a film, it's the closest look we will ever get into the director's mind.

With a television show that's been telecast 5 days a week for 5-6 years. the problems are manifold. Writers have probably changed and there are probably multiple ones too who all need to agree on the script before it's filmed.
Lol... I agree, its more about quantity than quality in the world of television. Personally, I will prefer the show to air a day in a week with good humour content than to drag a whole week with stupid tracks and poor jokes. 
About the example you mentioned, with the lehsun and adrak tea, I don't know what show is that.
But I have come to the conclusion, that it's really difficult to depict every single aspect of a character. That's why television takes the easy way out and tries to highlight particular patterns.

For eg, in the show that tends to be no.1 in the Trps, the lead actress who was trying to cook bhindi, had soaked up the vegetable after washing it.

I was gobsmacked. What person in India does not know that bhindi is this sticky, stringy vegetable that can't be soaked? But that's the point, in order to show that she was this topper who wasn't interested in anything but studies, they showed this stupid sequence.

It's like saying the person lived under a rock with her books the whole time. What's more mind boggling is that they have the audacity to model her on Sherlock Holmes. 

Surely, such a level of astute intelligence and intellect would at least partly have to come from a keen observation of daily life and people. 
Iyer is a scientist and look how he is treated in the show...jetha and tarak used to make fun of his skin colour also in earlier episodes...saying how can this guy get a girl like babita.
But comedy show hai chalta hai yeh sab...
Lol, that's so not right. Jetha may be a couple of shades fairer than Iyer, but he's nowhere near a Prince Charming that women would lose sleep over.