New article - varun badola

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Actor Varun Badola is back on the tube after almost a year. Currently part of the show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai in a cameo, Varun is happy that the trend of guest appearances on shows is catching on.

"For actors who don't want to be tied down by a show for years, cameos are a good option. You can shoot for 15 days and then move on," he says.

TV actor Varun Badola.
But, at the same time, he also laments the lack of good roles on TV. "A lot of actors talk about this problem. I don't see a change in the scenario anytime soon, but if it happens, I hope it's before I decide to retire," he says.

With veteran actors like Ram Kapoor and Ronit Roy gunning for film roles, Varun sees no harm in TV artistes aiming for Bollywood. "Films should be the goal for every actor. They have a huge repeat value, so why wouldn't every actor worth his salt give films a try?" he asks.

The actor adds, "The gap between cinema and TV in India is huge. In Hollywood, actors switch between films and TV, thanks to good roles. If you get good roles in films, you don't see the need to kill yourself and work 30 days a month on TV.  But in India, there is no discipline in the functioning of the TV industry.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/television/happy-doing-a-cameo-says-tv-actor-varun-badola/article1-1228378.aspx