Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

DEBATE: How do you HANDLE REJECTION?

Posted: 9 years ago
We all have been rejected in life, whether a job, love, etc.  How do you handle it?  What is the key to overcoming it for the short-term and long-term?  Do you have a strong support system in your life?  Please share your thoughts.  ðŸ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I believe in faiths. I have rejected few times not in love off course but when I had applied to some jobs. But, I never got upset because I believe something actually good is going to happen and it happened! 
Alhamdullilah I have very strong support. My parents, friends everyone support me in any phase of life.. ðŸ˜ƒ
No2Pencil thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I don't remember when i was rejected last time for something, I mean rejections never disappoint me and hence, i tend to forget them easily but if ever i have to face rejection that disappoint me -- I would be the owner of Cold stone for sure and to be honest I'm the one who most of time reject's love *not proud of it, but I think its really hard for me to fall for someone* . Job, I did twice ..  never got rejected in that.. they were pretty smooth. But yes why rejections don't disappoint me because i never expect anything, I'm always aware in back of my mind that i can have a rejection. So, its like .. If this didn't work, something else will work...so, I'm pretty chill about it. 

Hmm.. now i'm thinking about other relations like friends, cousins, siblings etc -- I think most of friends disappointed me both in real and virtual. I can count only FEW who didn't. I think it does affect me when close ones don't just raise up to expectations n what they are meant to do.. and rejects you but than i give them every freaking chance to mend things up and if they don't do -- that's the last crescendo and i would turn cold hearted and after that no matter what they do, it just doesn't affect me -- neither good , neither bad. So, it gets accepting their rejection again n again n later accepting to myself that they are nothing just time waste. So,yes .. its pretty hard way for me but later its like Move on and keep on eating ur Ice - cream n no need to share it ( that's the motto for me ). My cousins (most of em) are stupid , so they annoy me ..n my sibling .. even if he rejects me for something -- i don't care for a shit and make him do things forcefully. ðŸ˜†  

how i cope up -- Rejection is sad phase and you need only happy environment around yourself. I would love to stay around only positive atmosphere n people who don't judge you for your failures and keep on motivating and understand you and Makes you happy and that's where your family and good friends play a really good role. Acceptance is important that you got failed..living in denial will never let you improve upon yourself. You need to analyze where and what went wrong and how could few changes in yourself can help becoming not only a better person but you will get better opportunities too. Build up the confidence -- my personal trick -- i release those endorphins and do things that i have never done before because its an insight you know ? you explore yourself and see how much strength you have got and once you realize it -- there will be new level of confidence and energy. That's how i would like to do. :) 
Edited by No2Pencil - 9 years ago
D3viL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: No2Pencil

I don't remember when i was rejected last time for something, I mean rejections never disappoint me and hence, i tend to forget them easily but if ever i have to face rejection that disappoint me -- I would be the owner of Cold stone for sure and to be honest I'm the one who most of time reject's love *not proud of it, but I think its really hard for me to fall for someone* . Job, I did twice ..  never got rejected in that.. they were pretty smooth. But yes why rejections don't disappoint me because i never expect anything, I'm always aware in back of my mind that i can have a rejection. So, its like .. If this didn't work, something else will work...so, I'm pretty chill about it. 

Hmm.. now i'm thinking about other relations like friends, cousins, siblings etc -- I think most of friends disappointed me both in real and virtual. I can count only FEW who didn't. I think it does affect me when close ones don't just raise up to expectations n what they are meant to do.. and rejects you but than i give them every freaking chance to mend things up and if they don't do -- that's the last crescendo and i would turn cold hearted and after that no matter what they do, it just doesn't affect me -- neither good , neither bad. So, it gets accepting their rejection again n again n later accepting to myself that they are nothing just time waste. So,yes .. its pretty hard way for me but later its like Move on and keep on eating ur Ice - cream n no need to share it ( that's the motto for me ). My cousins (most of em) are stupid , so they annoy me ..n my sibling .. even if he rejects me for something -- i don't care for a shit and make him do things forcefully. ðŸ˜†  

how i cope up -- Rejection is sad phase and you need only happy environment around yourself. I would love to stay around only positive atmosphere n people who don't judge you for your failures and keep on motivating and understand you and Makes you happy and that's where your family and good friends play a really good role. Acceptance is important that you got failed..living in denial will never let you improve upon yourself. You need to analyze where and what went wrong and how could few changes in yourself can help becoming not only a better person but you will get better opportunities too. Build up the confidence -- my personal trick -- i release those endorphins and do things that i have never done before because its an insight you know ? you explore yourself and see how much strength you have got and once you realize it -- there will be new level of confidence and energy. That's how i would like to do. :) 

oh great advice.. you speak from experience .. Let me speak from mine too.

I always get rejected, when this happens I go to FB and write posts about it and bombard them with messages? and then whatever chat program they use.. I flood them out. My plan is to GUILT trip them? you know make them feel like they should be with me 24/7 and not anywhere because I need them more.. and I miss them and they make me happy.. so they are not allowed to do anything but be with me.

If that doesn't work then after I get rejected I come on the forum and I post songs and hope the dickhead who rejected me listens to them over and over again. And if the person doesn't hit like or say thanks for the song.. then I will start to write many threads about being cold and lonely and try to start a uprising amongst all his/her friends? after all they should be aware that they are best friends with a jerk that doesn't want to be friends with me, and who would not want to be friends with me? I am sooo loyal and dedicated, I am almost like a parasite .. I will never leave them alone . EVER. they should be grateful. 

If this doesn't work I will bombard them with PM's .. Cuz no one is allowed to reject me not even rejection itself. But alas I always get rejected.. I don't know why? I am such a nice, caring, loyal, dedicated, friend, I pretty much latch on to them till they can't move .. thats how dedicated I am .. They should appreciate me .. instead of rejecting me? 

this is for my BESTFRIEND EVER . you better have this on reply for at least 4 weeks otherwise I will post more threads about you jerk!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN34H5fflhc[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by D3viL - 9 years ago
No2Pencil thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
^ that was mean but it did put me in stitches .. ðŸ˜†
edited: typo. 
Edited by No2Pencil - 9 years ago
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Go splurge on shoes. Or drink. That's what I do.
I've never been rejected by a straight woman

All the girls who turned me down were actually all lesbians

😉
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Franco

I've never been rejected by a straight woman

All the girls who turned me down were actually all lesbians

😉

Or maybe you just approach lesbians out of fear of rejection. 😆 I mean where's the rejection if she likes mangoes instead of bananas. 😆
D3viL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

Or maybe you just approach lesbians out of fear of rejection. 😆 I mean where's the rejection if she likes mangoes instead of bananas. 😆

mangoes ..yum.. 
Anne.Frank thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I have never been rejected...

Because I have never approached anyone...