Debate Mansion

DEBATE: CAREER and FAMILY? How do you BALANCE the TWO?

Posted: 9 years ago
We all work hard for our family and career is very important.  How do you balance the two?  It can be hard.  But, some people do it so well while others struggle.  Please share your thoughts on what should be a good discussion.   πŸ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-bLEu98- thumbnail
I'll wait for some men to comment here. πŸ˜†
This content was originally posted by: -bLEu98-

I'll wait for some men to comment here. πŸ˜†

So far, none have commented.  πŸ˜›
-bLEu98- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: LoveProfusion

So far, none have commented.  πŸ˜›

why don't you begin by sharing your opinion. πŸ˜›
This content was originally posted by: -bLEu98-

why don't you begin by sharing your opinion. πŸ˜›

Okay.  πŸ˜Š  Career is important, but family is worth living for.  You have something to come home to at the end of the day.  It makes life worth living.  Right?  πŸ˜‰
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Okay.  πŸ˜Š  Career is important, but family is worth living for.  You have something to come home to at the end of the day.  It makes life worth living.  Right?  πŸ˜‰

Imagine just being stuck at home. You'd come to hate these people you come home for. ☺️
Careers don't leave people. Families abandon each other all the time.
-bLEu98- thumbnail

Umm yeah. family is great if that means parents. But a grown up should live alone on his/her own I believe. Living with the parents isn't an idea I'd encourage.

Having roommates works wonders, if you want to have somebody to come home for. πŸ˜›
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Well, in my opinion, career fuels life. Because career brings income, income brings novelties, food, housing, etc. πŸ˜† And family will technically be happy when you have a good career. Parent's will be happy that their money spent on your schooling and stuff finally paid off.Edited by twila - 9 years ago
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
there is no such thing as work-life balance imo. there is only work-life compromise. and especially for women, if you try to strain yourself and try to "have it all" you will destroy your health. 
do what you love. do it efficiently and with hard work on the days that require you putting in the hours. and on other days, relax and be around loved ones. take it one day at a time. share your responsibilities (with your team at work and with your honey/ partner/parent at home). 
most of all, do not feel guilty for being ambitious. 
not.here thumbnail

I think it requires a bit of thinking and planning to be able to find a way to make each part of your life coexist; both the work and family. Sometimes it doesn't work. Some careers you can't do that but that does not mean it is impossible. It depends on your resources and situation.

But I do agree that all family members should have something to do whether work, part time work, volunteering or something that takes them into a different sphere to communicate with others and feel like they are involved with something else which may decrease tensions at home, or not.

Having understanding family members who look out for each other and help to make the work-family life happen helps but I don't think that is applicable in all cases either. No one should be looked down on or made to feel inferior for trying to fulfil both sides or when they are having trouble on making it work.

PS I hope you don't mind me joining in.