do looks matter? - Page 2

Posted: 18 years ago
no i think it wasent .. as those who didn't look good still are at better post or good businessman ...
yeah.. looks do matter..
you should be able to present yourself in a nice way..
make an effort to look good..
but in the end.. what always matters is what is actually inside you.. these qualities of a person is what always keeps individuals togeter ..
so yes.. they do matter.. but looks cannot overrule personality..
looks attract .. personality reflects on your overall beauty!
i think we can many ppl who are very successful .. we can take example of einstein
Looks does play a part in certain people's views. That goes for me too.....sometimes. I just think that everyone is unique and beautiful/handsome in their own way. 😳
more than looks i thnk people appreciate the way u present u'r self. or if u r well groomed it gives an impression of respectability and trustworthiness.
I could easliy say that looks shouldn't matter. Its what's on the inside that counts. But do we really mean it? Like it or not, but we often perfer looks over other things. Its hard to admit cause people will think you are shallow and cheap if you perfer looks over personality or anything else, but its true, you are treated differently by society and the main reason for that is looks.

JJKN was a really strong and good show to start off with. But after Jassi's makeover, the moral of the story changed altogether. The show wasn't trying to say that looks don't matter, its your personality and brains that should count (like it did in the beginning). After her makeover, it was how many times can I change my name in order for society to accept me.

I'll admit, majority of the reason I watched Jassi was to anxiously wait for her makeover and see what she really looks like. Admit it guys, we are all like that but just don't want to say it out loud. We look perfer looks. Not completely, but to a certain extent. That's just how society works.

But again, I will say I do look at looks, but don't perfer them over brains and personality. If the person is good at heart and sincere, that's more then enough for me........I don't care what they look like cause God made each of us the way he wanted and made us beautiful in his own eyes. Call me cheezy.......but that's how I see it.
Do looks matter?

Certainly. I mean come on, as tin24 said, we all say that we are not shallow and looks don't have any impact on our preferences. Believe it or not. We make many choices just based on looks.

Statistics show that good looking people are more confident, more outgoing, and are more likely to be offered jobs. People who are not so good looking are from the very childhood not received by the society in a warm and friendly manner as the good looking ones are. This in turn affects the growth of the former, who in future become less confident individuals and are less likely to be active socially.

All this is not our fault. We are attracted to good looking people because of evolution. We equate good looking to healthy and being healthy is the first characteristic of reproductive potential.

This is the bitter reality of our sociey. However, if you are a non-good looking person, you don't have to worry. If you have the talent and the personality, you just have to try a little harder than your goodlooking fellows.
i don't know what jjkn is trying to say, but if it is
trying to say what you're saying, i definentily go
against it.
looks don't matter, but some people don't give as much
attention to the people who don't have as good looks as
others.
also, other than looks, people should be able to take
care of their health and groom. and more than
looks is the personality and attitude among people