LivingInPajamas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

-Monsoon Letters

Dear monsoon,

Eight years ago, it was you who made me meet her. She was the best thing that had happened to me in a long time. I still remember, the raindrops had been playing with the lush green of the grass in the neighbourhood park. The swings were still in motion, abandoned by children who had rushed home, to escape the downpour.

It was a lovely Saturday and I had been sitting in the park, looking up at the sky, wondering how things would have been different if Evelyn had been there. The dampness of the wooden bench still doesn't escape me, nor does the hazy yellow and red of the merry-go-round.

They had been calling my name, asking me to come back home, but all I saw was her. I had turned deaf to every sound, including the thunder which followed.Ever since, she has been a friend, a lovely adorable friend. I knew from that moment that she was a monsoon gift from you.

I named her Evelyn. Because she filled in the space my Evelyn had left. Every year we stroll in the park and watch you arrive.

I will turn 80 next week. All I want to say is, thankyou. And Evelyn sends her barks, shedding water drops from her lovely brown coat.

-Arthur(And Evelyn)

A/N - Any thoughts would be welcome :) To read more or comment on the same, you can visit me at -http://bitsofquirkandjoy.wordpress.com/

-Risha

Edited by -Risha_ipkknd- - 9 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS