swati62 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Very interesting start. Waiting for the chapter
saibanu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: pansy123

Welcome back Sai. Where were you? Missed you a lot dear.

Thank you Pansy 🤗, my mum suddenly fell sick and i was very much stressed out so stayed away ...But I am sorry for dissapearing like that 

Lovely prologue.👏  Waiting for more.
Thank you once again ...next chapter , I am updating in some time , pleae have a look when time permits and give me your views 😃

saibanu thumbnail
Originally posted by: Diksha_1991

Waiting dear

updating in some time 😉😃
Diksha_1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: saibanu

updating in some time 😉😃

saibanu thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anjani9

Lot of questions in the prologue...waiting for the update...

You will get all answers as you go on reading .,..😉😆

Where were you all these days??? Busy????

I was not busy , i was just lost.

saibanu thumbnail
Originally posted by: swati62

Very interesting start. Waiting for the chapter

Thank you so much swati.😊
updating next chapter in some time ...😃
saibanu thumbnail
Originally posted by: Diksha_1991

Update 😆

I got up late today...hence the delay 😉😆
let me reread the chapter once again and then I will post 😃
Diksha_1991 thumbnail
Originally posted by: saibanu

I got up late today...hence the delay 😉😆
let me reread the chapter once again and then I will post 😃

I know weekends are always like that 😆

Take ur time dear 😉

saibanu thumbnail

Very Good Afternoon Friends 😃

Here you go...

Chapter 1

She is standing near the edge, her legs bare and closely held together...shivering!

Around her he can see group of people, he know few of the faces and He notice Anjie is one of them...As soon as he enter , some head turn around , their eyes fix on his tall frame ...He can see praise and adoration in those young eyes...

But the moment he feel, he is not interested in this world but to find his world drawn around her ...She nearing to edge by now and below her, he can see water...Vast and wide stretching across the horizon and the moon high over the sky reflecting on her beautiful face...Mesmerizing, he wanted to say that to her, How beautiful she is!

But his mind is disturbed, a gnawing, ripping sensation ...it unsettle him to see her slide over and walk to the farer edge, he want to stop her but instead he look up fidgeting in his shoes and overalls.

Pulling out his over coat, not even moving his gaze away from her he take slow steps ...In the silence that follows, he hear her breath, deep and full until it reaches the depth of her soul and the whooped cries and laughter's " yes , Nidhi you can do this!"  Those boys cry out!

He simply glares ...!

Below her, Water twitches and in a flash of light...he has an image of her swimming to the horizon and she steps over to the edge...

"Don't" he whisper ...desperate and furiously but she don't stop...In the next instant, he see her out over the water with a perfect dive and water closes over her...!

There is moment of silence followed by loud murmurs, everyone's' eyes fixed on water front where Nidhi has just disappeared... He wait for her to come out , one second , 5 second , 8 second,15 seconds , 20 seconds, 30 seconds ...he count but she don't ...

And as time pass , He finds it difficult to breath , a sense of dread straighten his spine and without thinking , he remove his shoes , his shirt , his watch and staring at the darkness of the river , he dive ...

The water is freezing cold and it muffle his ear ...a gush of water hit to the tip of his head opening his eyes , he try to navigate ..But he can't see, there is only darkness ...As time passes, he find it hard to hold his breath "god, he should have been good swimmer" he think

But who knew that he had to face a day like this...coming out of water to grasp some fresh air , he look around and over at the edge ..Towards the group of people standing with stricken look

He sense time is running out and he has to do something soon, otherwise something dreadful will happen...how much longer can she hold if she has drowned ...the thought give jitters to him, he feel so scared "Ashu, that girl is hard to control ...I want you to keep an eye on her" baba's word echoes in his mind...

"Reckless and cannot be trusted on her own..." That's what she is, he mutter to himself and then he look at the crowd once again ...

And he see her ...and Anjie calling out for him

A rage breaks in his bones, He wanted to kill her for putting him in this situation, Getting out of water ...he grab her arm harshly but she does not even flinch ,very well calculated his next move ...She look at him coolly but his eyes betray his rage

"Can I ask, what the hell that was all about?" he ask, his tone turning dangerously angry...

" A bet ..." She says

"A bet ...?" he stop gauging her expression but there is nothing to read "you could have died there"

"I know swimming ..."

"The water freezing cold ..."

"It does not matter ..."

"It does matter..." He shout and he do not care about the crowd surrounding them, picking up his overcoat, he give it to her "wear it ...it's cold"

She ignores him and looks away "I asked you to wear this Nidhi..." he glares at her

"You cannot force me to do something which I don't want to do..." She replies, all this she says in such emotionless tone that it make him even angrier...

" of course , I can ..."

" why so...?"

"Because I am family ...And it's my duty to make sure you are safe and protected" he stop and she laugh...hollow and stupid laugh.

He wonders, what's so funny in this ...

" No , you are not ..." She reply, Looking at him, he hold her gaze for a brief second

" I know your story ...you are picked up from garbage, you are not family" she says, it feel like spitting on his face, like stabbing to his chest, it hurts ...the words and her insensitive tone.

At that moment, if he could describe her in one word, he could have used words as "obnoxious" "insensitive" "Heartless" "thankless" "hated"...there is no end to it.

But he doesn't instead he says something which he regret later "I heard same about you ...Picked up from garbage, ungrateful orphan, that's what you are ..." he snap back ...an edge of venom to his tone and when moment pass, he feel repulsed with his own words , shocked by his own outburst and His guilt double over when she reply "I know ..." She simply says, she agree and he stare at her ...those eyes, he could not read anything ...They were devoid of even pain...they were dead eyes!

With a start , Ashuthosh woke up ...It was abrupt...A memory, long enough to be dream played in his sleep and lingered even after he is fully conscience, he sat up, blinking  against the harsh darkness , his hands outstretched , searching for a glass of water, gulping it down and stumbling , shuffling around he picked his specs and walked ... It's been long since he dreamed of her, not her in fact ...Its been long since he dreamed at all...His sleep, if he can describe is nothing but slipping into darkness, just like death!...there are no dreams but a sense where nothing exist! But now dreaming of her, suddenly drenched up thousand things he hadn't thought in years, some buried memories throbbing in his chest, ready to explode, breaking his heart ...!

There was a sigh , deep and rotten as those memoires swirled around him and his shoulder bunching and hunched down and stopping in mid trail  only to walk again and he stopped again when he entered a small room adjacent to living room, stacked with books, and closed memories, a place where he could cut himself from outside world and immerse in world of books, just like she used to do all those years ago...Those memories so vivid and stirring, the suddenness of it overwhelmed him...a shattered end and buried down past and standing in the cold , in the cone of light...his vacant eyes observing the surrounding of the room with its floor to ceiling bookcase and leather couch in middle of the room, two lamps and the books strewn over the floor nearly covering 3/4th of the place, leaving a small place to a table and chair placed near window overlooking the sea...

He walked towards the chair and slumping on it, he switched on the music player;

Well she was just seventeen
And you know what I mean
And the way she looked
Was way beyond compare

So how could I dance with another
Ooo, when I saw her standing there
?

He heard the song first, The old song, beautiful and alluring, an unknown past hidden behind each pair of eyes, dragging him back to cloud of memories, of him, of her and of all those lazy afternoons they spent together. , head thrown back and eyes shut like they never going open again, for a moment, he let his mind dwell on those moments, of those times, letting his mind fill with those memories, the memories which has warmth and smell and movements and treasures he cannot afford to lose, not now nor ever...he wondered Where she might be right now and what she must be doing at this precise moment ...will she even remembers him? He wondered...

The thought lingered in his mind just for a second and spilled out of him with a heavy sigh but the dream still clutching to him like leeches sucking on his mind, he had to shake himself to clear his head and later un-dutifully pulling out books, the stack of magazines which he purchased last Saturday and not even cared to read and there is book written on indhira Gandhi assassination and riot of 1984,

He will look at that later, he thought and picking up thin magazine, going through some of sci-fi magazine and later holding a medical journal, flipping through pages, finger running down, absently reading the content of the book, the words encephalitis, symptoms, diagnosis could not hold his attention for long; he felt his heart betrayed him once again, the weight of his memories won once again, of things done and words unsaid haunted him , filled with sense of something burning , something missing he felt , a longing which he suppressed suddenly resurfaced leaving him on knees and he knelt down, his hands searching something , desperately, furiously , a book perhaps...Like there is nothing beyond this moment, like there nothing left beyond this ...

He ached ...he sighed and finally his fingers touched the hard cover, fat and dusty smelling, it was the one of oldest book in the shelf, older and wicked it looked and tossing it in his hand and opening it and his fingers turning over, jamming the pages and it is when he saw the photograph of her, of Nidhi, a newspaper clip containing her, which he found, which he saved like a treasure, a small piece of heaven, he called it ...!

His heart jolted and a shudder ran through him, his thoughts danced maddeningly out of his reach, nothing, nothing and then he was choking in memory of her "Nidhi..."He said, he called for her, like she is just here, somewhere near, just the name and the sound of his own voice, echoed, intensifying his loneliness, in that state ...He smiled, looking at her! The same face, the same expression in eyes, he could not escape the feeling he felt for her all those years ago

"How could he? How could I?"

The sudden unexplained exclamation of breath and his hand slumped down and he noticed he is trembling but his eyes still glued to that picture, not leaving, not gazing away fearing that, if he will look away, she will just disappear, she will be lost to him and in the terrifying silence where everything was a lie, where the past and present mixed with one another and snuffed out his eyes but still through the empty space the memory began to seep, like everything happened just yesterday... the letter he received from his baba, explaining the situation in bits and pieces using bitter words "my daughter is dead and I have a granddaughter ...who is just 17".

He remembered reading it silently while sitting in library of his London College, it is not the words which affected him or the harsh reality of 17 year old girl who lost her parent when she was barely 14 and left to fend off alone until her grandfather, about whom she was unaware of came to her rescue and took her home.

But it is the stillness; he noticed when he first met her ...it is her eyes! Like there is nothing behind her eyes, like she is dead inside ... She looked so unforgiving, so guarded, like she is been locked inside, he felt it impossible to explain... An orphan, just like him...on her own, fighting with her demons to come to terms with her loss!

Oh god, He wanted to protect her all his life and love her until he could see those dead eyes shine with happiness...but he did not, he could not, she was snatched out of him, away from him and he had to give in bounded by whole circumstances ...he had to let go of her " I let it happen" he said aloud, still aching , still furious and his mad eyes wandering around, first at the sea of books and then at her photograph scattered over the floor and his heart leaped backward , flashing numbed out memories in his mind... A kiss at the side of the face and at her lips, her mouth...the whole of it drew him to her ...it is the memory which left him sleepless most of the nights...!

His hands still trembling and his fingers running down reading the content of the paper clip, all about her tremendous work dealing with special children's and at the bottom of paper clip, he found the name of the school where she worked and it seemed like a meaning to think, to hold that paper and look where she worked and only with a filled a desire to hear more about her, filled with a longing to see her, to talk to her, he leaned over and his head already filled with the slender white of her smile and those eyes ...!

He sighed with an utter desperation, somewhere outside thunder rumbled, seemingly advance of the storm cloud and when first drop of rain splashed on his window screen ...he found himself   crawling, searching for paper pad and unscrewing his pen, He wondered how to write or what to write?...as if a memory caught in tornado of emotion, he wrote "Remember this prince? My wicked fox ...!'

The memory made his heart beat faster and a smile appeared on his face...it stayed just for a second

And then it disappeared ...in the stillness that followed, flashes of memories crashed upon him, not the good ones but the painful ones, the one when he lost her, his head bent down ,a nasty clench in his stomach and his hands folded over his lap , his eyes searching nothing ...

"I don't have the right to face her  ...beside she is someone's wife now!" He muttered angrily , gritting his teeth and getting from his seat, his restless leg took him out ...ripping the paper to shreds and throwing them in darkness of the night ...he looked at the rainy sky and then at the sea ...and to him , the whole world looked so desolate and lonely!

---------------------------------******************----------------------------------

Nidhi welcomed "Arush" in this world on one cold December morning, he was early than they expected, the first pain came at 12 in the middle of night and the pain was so sharp and sudden that it left her breathless but then there was nothing and it is after sometime when she felt the second contraction and the third and so on ... So Frequently in regular intervals that she had called Anjie

"I think, its time ..." that's all she could mutter and there was no time to inform Rohan about the sudden turn of event nor they knew where he could be.

So it was Anjie who carried her to hospital, speeding the car every time when she looked at almost exhausted, pained and wrought look on Nidhi's face... An attendant was waiting for them when they reached and few minutes later she was on examination table with her gynac mumbling something like "it's going to be easy Nidhi...just relax".

And it was easy, he did he come easily, without much fuss or trouble, followed by her gynac's soothing voice "It's a boy Nidhi..." and she had smiled even in pain and later when she held him in her arms, his head slightly turned to one side, his eyes tight shut and his little mouth taking small breath, sighing and forming little bubbles made of milk, with his tiny fingers up in the air..She had loved him instantly, so fiercely and wholly..!

It is a memory which can make her smile even when she is most distressed, the tiny bundle which she first held and rocked to sleep, is all grown up now and will turn 7 in few months...

She laughed with the memory of it and ruffling his hair , she leaned forward to kiss on his forehead...Arush stirred in his sleep; half opening his eyes...He smiled at her  "can I sleep some more please..." He yawned and snuggled below the sheets

"I wish, I could let you baby ..." pecking on his cheeks "but if I let you, you will get late"

" Mom please ..." He sulked below sheets

"Arush ...what about your math homework, you have to finish it too?"

"I hate maths and I hate school..." he cribbed making a sad face

" Arush ..." She stopped and pulling the sheets down "How about this, will make a deal ...you get up now and finish your math's homework and I will let you prepare your toast all by yourself ..."

This put a smile on his face " Pakka ..."

"Promise  ..."

"I don't trust you ..." he frowned at her ...

"This is Mama wala promise..." Pulling him out of bed, she stood as he ran towards bathroom.

Folding the blanket, she walked towards window and lifted the curtains aside to allow the bright sunshine inside.

She smiled when she heard Arush in bathroom singing loudly, an image of Rohan floated in her mind...who has the same habit of doing it when he is extremely happy.

The smile disappeared as reality hit her! The memories of those fights, the shrill words which cannot be taken back ...the guilt and the regrets of not saving her marriage filled her with disappointment and sadness

Her head burst suddenly and she sat on edge of bed with her face in hand ...by now, she can hear slow flow of water that means her son is still in bathroom and she got couple of minutes all to herself to cry over the failure of her marriage.

She wondered where it has gone wrong. Her mind sneaked inside and muttered when it was right to go wrong ... They were not alike, that was for sure ...A fact she learned within a week of their marriage, which left them speechless when they were alone, a tension always bubbling up , echoing until it became discomfort to both of them ...During early days of marriage, She remember waking up in middle of night, her heart racing, stricken with the knowledge that she had done terrible mistake by marrying Rohan ...Those unknown fear always left her irritable and she always ended up fighting with him ...But there were good moments too but hardly to count and then one day she realized She is  pregnant with Arush and with each passing year. They got used to each other but she termed it as mere dependency which collapsed on the day she found about Rohan's short term affair...which he first claimed to be stupid Mistake but later confessed that he don't regret it.

His honesty baffled her and the sense of betrayal pinched her, she could not forgive him or herself for spoiling their life like this! She wanted a way out and she felt he too asked for it...

But no matter how much she blame Rohan, somewhere deep down she knew , it's not only Rohan's infidelity led to the end of their marriage nor the fact that they both are different individual with nothing in common but Nidhi admitted the truth which cannot be denied..She wanted Rohan to be everything Ashuthosh was!

But he was not and it was this harsh reality which haunted her and filled her with guilt and sadness!

She knew somewhere she is to be blamed for...!

----------------------------------*******************--------------------------------

The Hospital where Ashuthosh worked as HOD of neurology dept is 20 minutes' drive from his house. A beach side bungalow which he purchased from an old couple who moved abroad to live with their son working in Sunnyvale.

Its house with 5 bedrooms bigger than necessary, neatly furnished but left empty ...

A maid comes daily to wash and clean this big house, but he prefer to cook all by himself, a habit which soon become hobby when he learnt new recipes and tried every Sunday buying fresh vegetables from an old woman who live with her drunkard husband just below the lane...

A flash of memory lingered in his mind, of Nidhi, who loved his cooking and he always liked to cook for her ...He still remember one day when he cooked paper masala dosa and Nidhi ate it from morning to night without giving a  break , which left her with sour stomach for next few days.

He sighed and pushed the memory aside even before it caught him in its firm grip; parking his car in destined spot ...He forced his mind to think about something else, something other than his past, something which is good for him to keep his ruptured sanity...

He got down, his blood buzzed and his thoughts drifting from the dream to piece of article he read about her and in the end, as he neared hospital entrance. The thoughts synchronized and his attention diverted when he saw the stack of reports on his table along with scheduled surgery details for whole day ...

He has a busy day; this idea comforted him that he has no time to torture him with thoughts and memories which are meaningless.

It is after finishing his 2nd surgery, he got time to eat something ...leading his tired legs towards cafeteria, he smiled when he caught sight of Arman...sitting all alone in corner of room with an untouched burger laid infront of him.

" Arman ...Are you fine ?" he asked , sitting in front of him.

Arman looked up from his plate "No, I am not ..." and shook his head.

"Why don't you go home, if you are not well ..." Ashu suggested.

"Going home will not fix my problem..." he mumbled under his breath...

Ashu frowned and fixed his gaze on his face , it is after brief pause Arman spoke " its Isha ...Arati found cigarette pack in her jeans pocket" and gave him distressed look. " Arati has not eaten anything and I don't know what to do with this girl ..."

He remembered meeting Isha , Arman and Arati's 18 year old daughter in one of get together party .yes he admitted she is way too difficult to handle not because Arman says so but because he himself thought ..The girl is rebellious! , you ask her not to do something, she will do it ...with her black nail polish and ever changing hair color and bunch of friends with pierced eye brows and satan tattoo's whom arman dread the most sometime she is hard to swallow.

But she is good kid; he has spoken to her ...Bright and practical and know exactly what she wants to do with her life...

"Have you spoken to her about this ?" he asked Arman

A scowl appeared on his face " what is there to speak , Agar chor se pucha jaye chori kiya hai , chor tho na hi bolega na ..! she is telling its not hers and she does not smoke"

"If she says so, I think you should trust her words Arman..."

Arman looked at him as if he is gone crazy and the expression changed to deep anger " Trust her ?! do you really think we can trust her after this ...I am thinking of sending her to my parents place ...But Arati dread to send her away also, its as if we have to keep an eye on her all the time ..."

"you are making her sound like a criminal..." Ashu scowled "don't do that ok...!" he advised.

"Then what you want me to do ...?"

"Why don't you sit and talk to her...make her understand the consequences of her actions"

"And do you think, she will listen to us ...she can't stand either of us"

"I blame you for that ..." Ashu said

If Arman was angry before now he looked like a man in rage "Blame me ?! for what ?...for agreeing everything she wished for , for giving her freedom, for letting her do whatever she likes to do ..."

"No ..." Ashu said "I agree she is to blame but not always ...by not trusting her words , you are pushing her even away from you ...you are making it hard for her to confide anything because in the end ..She knows, you don't trust her nor you understand her"

His forehead creased with worry lines, arman gulped down some water "I did not know that raising a teenager is such a headache"

Ashuthosh laughed "There is nothing to worry ..."

"There is a lot to worry ..."

" I know there will be worries but you being like this will not help you nor Isha and I don't think Isha has done anything wrong ...think like this ...may be someone asked her to keep it with her for time being" he said just to reassure his friend but the reason sounded so lame even to himself...

"That's stupid ...I don't buy it" Arman growled proving him right

"Then, it's your duty to make her understand the thin line between right and wrong"

"That's what I am trying to do!" Arman said

"No, you are not, you have to deal with the situation in smart way" Ashu smiled

" and how's that ?"

"By being angry will not resolve anything arman ...you know Isha , how much rebellious she is ...if you ask her not to do something , she will definitely do it ...it is because , she want to show that you cannot control her anymore nor  you can force your opinion on her..."

"Like showing who the boss ...is" Arman smirked

"Yes something like that" ashu laughed "but if you stop controlling her and try to understand her, I think, she will be fine, she will grow out of this phase and come to middle ground where you both can agree...all I am saying is stop controlling but be vigilant"

"Vigilant...! Huh it is like making a truce ..." Arman said.

"Yes, exactly" Ashu smiled "if you do this... I bet you, she will not do anything which might hurt feelings of her father who trusted her always"

"Like evoking sense of guilt ..." Arman asked with a smile

"No, it's called taming with love ...like prince did to his fox" as soon he said it, the image of nidhi passed in his mind ...Angry, confused and who once hated God with such ferocity that it left her dead inside...

----------------------------------**************----------------------------------

Nidhi had a difficult day, even though she agreed and let Arush to make his toast all by himself but the demand of toast extended till omelet and she regretted her decision when Arush came in front of her soaked in egg yolk and oil...it took her extra 30 minutes to give him bath and clean him all over again...by the time she changed him into clean clothes, his school bus was outside and she had to force herself to send her son empty stomach "What kind of mother I am that I let my child go hungry" her conscience kicked at her and she ran all the way to his school with slice of bread and jam.

By the time she returned to her school, she was sweaty, tired, irritated and down with bad head ache and top it all, children's were waiting for her reminding about field day ...A trip to Powai Lake!

It would have been better if her problem ended there but no...To her bad luck, one kid, who is way too sensitive, ended upon floor with seizures and she had to run to nearest hospital after leaving other children under the care of another teacher...

After getting to hospital and making her way through endless corridors and filling numerous forms, They made her wait for hour or so and when she thought, she cannot not wait anymore, a duty doctor came to her informing that admitted child's situation is out of danger...She wished to see the child but the doctor declined and told her the child is still in observation, so she called the school to inform about child's state as well asked about the parents who must be informed by school by then...

When she felt she had done everything which needed to be done, when she felt there is nothing else to do other than wait for those parents to come and take over, she slumped on nearest chair. Her body tired and her head bursting as though hundred needles pierced through it, she closed her eyes for a second and slowly opening them again to adjust to gloominess of the crowded corridor and letting her mind trail along with its thoughts, is any fair price discount for low-income people ? Since most of the kids in her school came from financially backward families, as soon as the question caught her , she found herself up on her feet , making her way towards reception to enquire...

Passing the OT zone, entering longer and wider corridor with big rooms on both side, the corridors where filled people and as she passed through it and towards main entrance, just as she was about turn she saw a man...who stood near ER with his back to her, he was still in his scrubs and undone mask, she looked at his tall frame ...Even with his back to her...She could recognize him, No it's not possible ...he can't be here! She thought.

For a moment, she left everything aside and stared at him, drawn to that corner where he is standing...

"Ashuthosh..." she breathed out, rasped and took a step forward. "Is that really you..?" She asked, fisting her fingers, she tried hard not to touch him

Startled, he turned to face her, his hair dark but slightly streaked with grey , short and brushed back, he used to bit skinny but not anymore considering his broad shoulder and heavy built and those eyes ...!She breathed, arms flailing and it felt like someone pushed against her chest, deliberately, ruthlessly and when she looked at him , when she saw him standing, not moving nor smiling either , but he stood there, still and frozen and when the moment passed, there is catch in his chest, like someone punched to his guts ... The pain so vibrant yet so alive "Nidhi ..." he said but then he stopped, words deserted him ...left him empty

Not knowing what to say or what to do , he blinked at her and she smiled at him, first slowly and then wholly ...the smile reached till her eyes and he could see the happiness oozing out of those beautiful eyes ...

His heart jolted at the sight of it, he used to love the way her eyes twinkle when she smile...the smile and feeling of being near her bought so many lost moment back to life so much so that He had to shut his eyes and lower his head and when he looked up to find her still smiling, her smile growing bigger

"What are you doing here...?"Her question distracting but yet reassuring that she is really here

"I am a doctor here ..."

"I thought ...you are still London" she said, he shrugged and struggled towards the surface, He glanced at Nidhi...She smiled

"Yeah ...I was, but came back here 4 years back" he said , blabbered , his lips dry and he had to lick them ...his breathing suddenly shallow and he need fresh air to breathe " is she really here!?" he thought

"What are you doing here?" instead He asked rubbing his temples, his head suddenly burst with memories...the pain is excruciating, so overwhelming!

"You have a headache..." she asked, his question thrown out of the window

He looked at her in the eye "Yes, a bit" he said.

"Is it migraine?"

"I think so ...I have that!" he confessed

"Why don't you take some medicines?"

Nodding his head, he took great suck of air "I will do that ..." he said.

Watching her stand infront of him, he admitted decade has changed her...the girl he knew who hopped around him in her jeans and tees looked like a woman now.

Her breasts were loose inside her blouse and he struggled not to look at them, diverting his eyes "How are you?" he asked instead ...!

"Fine" she smiled, putting a hand to the side of her head, she tucked a stray strand of her hair behind her ears.

He watched her; ...he could smell her soap, her perfume...the thoughts lingered and the memories came to life..."Where you live?" She asked gazing at his still form...

He looked flushed as his thoughts scattered and his eyes recognized the world around ...the reality!

It was all over long time ago...He thought but he never said it aloud "I live nearby...just 20 minutes' drive from here" He waved his finger showing the direction of his house "and you?"

"Not too far away from here..."

"Good ..." He paused

"There is so much catch up on...it's been ages since I have seen you" Her eyes flickered with happiness but there is sadness in her voice which he recognized...he know she is trying hard to make the situation normal for them.

He smiled tangled in memories but the reality kept rotating ...spinning around him! "How is Rohan..?" he asked, and for a moment the old wounds opened, raw and painful, the emptiness in his chest pushed behind his ribs , poking , pounding in his heart and when he looked at her  she stood still , pressing her lips, she shrugged ...he saw her flinch and then she looked away , too cautious to discuss about her husband, soon to be ex-husband ...she wished he don't ask her much!

It will break his heart if he realizes the current state of her life "He is fine ...just being busy" She lied...

There was moment of silence to digest the reality, no matter how hard he tried, still he found unable to grasp certain details of her life... He felt restless, empty what not angry...!

But breaking his thought process "I wrote to you but you never replied" she said, the words ... not came quickly as she expected but they came and she saw him...Through the mist covering her eyes.

She thought it will not hurt much now ...but she was wrong, it did!

He turned away and shrugged his shoulder "it's over between us years ago..." he said sounding so cold, ruthless and his head felt like jumbled mess of lost moments and harsh reality and when he looked at her and saw the hurt in her eyes, he bowed down, his chest squeezed with pain.

Her eyes watered a bit "do you regret it happened?" She asked and he could recognize the edge of sob...

"No..." he wheezed his words

"But I do ..." She said

He looked down, helpless and lost...he always thought that she is moved on and forgotten him and she is happy with Rohan ...is she not, he wondered! For a moment she looked like she is going to say something, something more and then she just shook her head and said "I regret losing you, leaving you was always brutal to me..." she said, she admitted , her voice slow and uneven and he had to look away as to hide his sadness...

"Me too ..." the words struggled to come out; he just has to admit that leaving her has been way too brutal to him, always ...!

But he did not, He could not ...he cannot, instead "It's over now"! He said aloud...!

Please do Hit LIKE and comment 😳

I will give next chapter Monday evening if not tuesday morning 😃

Edited by saibanu - 9 years ago
Diksha_1991 thumbnail
Will read & give my reviews in evening dear..😳