Jodha Akbar

FF: Pale Blue Dot (Chap 10, page122 14/10) updated

hemakeerti thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Banner credit to my dearest darling Kalgi who startled me out of blue with her masterpiece. Kal, You know what!! You are highly magnetic!! You pull anyone towards you with your magnificent silent hunars !! Love you so much.. muahhh!!

PROLOGUE

15th May, 2004

"From this distant vantage point, the Earth might not seem of any particular interest. But for us, it's different. Consider again that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there - on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity - in all this vastness - there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known, so far, to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment, the Earth is where we make our stand. It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."

- Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space, 1997

So, my dear sister, if the world we live-in is a speck in this vast space, how small are we and how trifling our upsets are? At any juncture in life, recite the above lines, chant the mantra "Pale blue dot" and keep smiling.

- Gautham

That was the letter from a 17 year old brother, to a 15 year old sister, a letter conveying the most valuable teachings of life, a lesson that had changed the girl's attitude towards life, once and for all. She truly smiled for the first time in past seven days, overcoming the anguish she's been in, ever since she saw her 10th grade score. She kissed the letter, folded it with a smile, secured in her cupboard and headed downstairs to her father's room, least known to the fact that, she will be revisiting the letter sooner and this letter is going to turn out as the last token from her brother.

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7 

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Chapter 10

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13

Chapter 14

Edited by hemakeerti - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hemakeerti thumbnail

Chapter 1

Feb 5th, 2012, Goa, 5:20am

"May your life be as ravishing as a Roman mansion, as aesthetic as a French villa and as crazy as our Indian home. Happy birthday Samyu", wished the petite young lady as she started off strolling along the coastline of Goa beach.

"Wow. The much-awaited wishes are here, and this time the theme is our own Architecture!! Loved it Jo, loved it completely. You know how much I wait for your theme-wishes, right!!", Samyuktha replied excited.

"Yes, I know. I very much know that these wishes are the only source that wake up my friend at 5 in the morning. Actually, I should pat myself for introducing you to Sun rise, though once a year, lest, you should've forgot long back that things like sun rise do exist in this world", Jodha said it all in a go.

Smiling at her friend's pretensions, Samyuktha said. "Ok my dear yearly alarm, I admit I'm indebted to you. Waise, what are you doing? Where are you now?"

"Mmm, guess?", Jodha asked trying to hold her gasps.

After a momentary thought, Sam said, "A beach nearby and time of sun rise, I don't expect you talking to me lying lazily on bed. You should be strolling along the coast, right?"

"Perfect, nailed it as usual", Jodha replied with a wide smile brightening her face.

"I've to be dear, I know you since ages. First tell me, are there people around? You are not alone na?" Jodha got the gist of her enquiry and assured her. "Yes, yes. No worries. Waise, all are not lazy risers like you. There are quite a many jogging, walking and chatting. It is such an enchanting morning Samyu, wish you were here; it'd have turned more memorable". 

Though a momentary gloom echoed her voice, Jodha quickly snapped out of it and repelled, "Once I'm back to Hyderabad, teri college ke seedion ko, bulldozer se hata deti hoon, they butchered all my plan" and gritted her teeth like typical serial lady villain, for the fifteenth time in past two days. Samyuktha laughed aloud at her friend's antics and all the past incidents flapped in her mind eventually; their preparations to celebrate this day in Goa; her accidental slip from the stairs in college ending up with a massive sprain on leg; Jodha daunting every one starting from her college management for collecting high fees and building star hotel kind of college with all marble flooring - to the doctor for ordering complete bed rest for a week, all the events flapped in her mind instantly.

They always celebrated this day together, ever since their friendship bloomed. That is exactly why Samyu decided to join Jodha's college trip, though she studied in a different institute, but to their fate, things turned out different this year.

Coming out of her thoughts, Samyuktha too repelled in the same villain saas tone, "Ha, bas two more months, after that let's jointly execute the plan. Sirf do maheene humare gusse ko kabu mein rakhna padega", with that both of them broke into a bout of laughter. "Waise bhi JO, I'm not missing any fun. I, why say just me, all our GAND(H)I BATCH thoroughly enjoyed your last day's updates, you saw our comments, right!!".

"Yeah, how couldn't I share the happenings with you all? After all, our batch is so irresistible. I'll keep posting today too Samyu. Today we've planned for..", as Jodha continued narrating their schedule for the day, Samyuktha logged into face book app to re-cherish their group's last night conversation .

("Gand(h)i batch" is their group in Face Book formed by Jodha, Samyuktha and eight more like-minded friends from school and +2. Though all of them dwelled into variant streams of graduation and geographically separated, they remain connected through mobile and social networking. They established a custom of meeting in one of their homes once a year and they've been successfully executing the same for last 4 years. They decided to continue this custom as long as they could, at least till life's busiest phases take over their time. They formed this group recently to discuss on anything confined to ten of them, be it the MORE personal issues or LESS decent matters. When Jodha nominated "Sirf-Nautanki" or "Gandhi batch" for group name, the rest unanimously chose the second, thanks to its sly (in)decency.)

---PICTURE: BARBEQUE ON BEACH ---

9:50pm:  Jodha: "Spicy chicken, Icy breeze. Mwahh, Love u Goa"

9:57pm: Samyu: "Barbeque on beach. Oh no, I'm dying here JO 🀒"

10:02pm: Nivi: "Goa SE love or Goa MEIN Love? What's happening JO? I should know it right away 😑"

10:10pm: Roops:"Spicy chicken and hottie JO, wonder how many hearts broke there 😳"

10:13pm: Pri: "Chicken wicken chod, any date proposals JO? "

10:15pm: Jodha: Haa ek bandha aaya tha, I said, "if you wanna go on a date now, u'll get just me. If u can wait till tomorrow, u'll get 1+9 offer πŸ˜‰"

10:18pm: Sush: @Jodha.. bande ka kya haal tha.. seedha jake samander mein doob gaya kya πŸ˜›

10:22pm  Anu: @Sush: No Sush, he'd have said, "ok then I too will come tomorrow with 9 more πŸ˜‰"

10:23pm  Pooji: @Jodha: Tell me he's 6'2' and very fair. I'll start right away⭐️

------

11:30pm Jodha: "FIRST NIGHT" in Goa..

11:31pm Shravz: Love u SE direct FN?? Shaadi ka step skip kiya kya?  Not fair baba, not fair πŸ˜­

11:33pm: Pri: ek hi ghante mein love se first night. Waise, how r u now, THAK GAYI kyaa πŸ˜‰

11:36pm: Sri @Pri: Tum bhi naa Pri, totally gone case 🀣

11:42pm: Samyu: pehle love, ab FN??  lost u Jo,  lost you.. Goa ke hawao ne hamari JO ko badal diya re... hayyo..

11:43pm Pri: @Sri: Mein bhi kya Sri? Journeyed last night, and no rest till now,  obviously she should be tired naa 

11:50om Anu: @Pri: haha, don't act innocent baby, we know you.

------

11:57pm: Jodha: 9 Pri: 8 Roops: 7 Pooji: 6 Nivi: 5 Sravz:4 Sush:3 Anu: 2

12:00: Sri: ONE and here we go "Happy birthday Samyu.. We love you ❀️"

hemakeerti thumbnail

Chapter 2

5:40am

".. and planned to end the day with a camp fire. That's all lined up for today. What about you? When are you starting to Balaji temple?"

"At 8:30, probably. Ma and papa should also be ready na. It's too cold here today. How is it there? Winter and seashore, it should be too chilly, right?"

"mm.. chilly and windy too."

"Then why don't you return to hotel Jo? You may catch cold, you can relish Sunset as well, if not Sun rise."

"Don't worry Samyu. I'm completely drowned in clothes that even wind can't touch me",  looking at her jacket and adjusting the scarf that adorned her neck, Jodha graciously replied to her concerned friend. "Anyways, what would I do returning to hotel? All are in deep slumber, so it's better I utilize time this way. Chalo then, continue with your sleep now, will call you later in the day, bye bye, Happy birthday once again", wishing her friend one more time, she was about to cut the call, when she heard Samyu's screams from the other end.

"Wait, hold on!!"

"What, ab kya hua? Any more cautions left?"

"What do you mean by "continue with your sleep now"? Meri neend tho kab ka bhaag gayi. Such an exotic morning, why don't we make it more fascinating? Won't you hum THAT SONG for me please?  I'll happily start off with my day then." Samyu pleasingly laid her demands before her bestie.

"Now!!" Jodha uttered in sheer discomfort, "I'm not in closed chambers dear, I'm in public. I'd look like a moron if I sing here, Sam. Hope some terrified soul doesn't dial up the mental asylum."

Grinning at her friend's banter, Samyu sternly commanded, "I don't know all that. You are singing for me now and that's my order. Today is my day and you are ought to obey me. But trust me dear, by the time you finish singing, I'm sure you'll get many head-turns, you'll become a cynosure. So stop your objections and start now."

"Cynosure? Kyun nahi, log aksar pagalon ko aise hi dekhte hain", Jodha quipped.

"Hahaha, okay, let's see who's going to be right. Start now".

Jodha momentarily paused on her way; casting the surroundings a quick glance, she couldn't decide on obliging to her friend's request. "I've to be loud enough to make my voice audible till the other end, mmm, kash ye log mujhe NAMUNA na samajh le. Anyways, one more day and I'll be back home, who's going to face these people again", endorsed by her intuition, she decided to heed to her friend's order.  But for her own sanity, she headed closer to the sea, distancing herself from the crowd; enthralled on seeing her, the profound water form delegated the honor of welcoming this new guest to one of its wave and the enthusiastic wave eventually rushed to the shore yearning to kiss the celestial form standing in a short distance. Meantime, Jodha removed her flip-flops, folded the pants slightly above the ankle and closed her eyes as if anticipating the warm welcome of the sea.  While she was immersed in nature's ecstasy, an impatient Samyu growled, "How long will you think meri ma? Start now". Snapping out of her world, Jodha said, "Ha, haan, shuru kar rahi hoon", with that she cleared her throat, exhaled deep and started off with the rendition; involuntarily her feet also resumed walking, this time in a low pace, simulating the tempo of the song.

"Ee velalo neevu em chestu untavo

Anukuntu untanu prati nimishamu nenu

(Every moment I keep wondering, what would you be doing at this time..)

5:47am:

"Aw!! A Telugu song in Goa, that too at this odd hour!! Am I listening to that, or is it the impact of last night's Johny walker?" wondered the tall, elegant young man as he halted on his tracks. He shook his head and took deep breaths, so as to compose him, and to assert his senses. True to his senses, he heard the melodious voice again, this time the volume was receding on his right. He instantly opened his eyes and extended his glare towards right, only to see a retreating form of a girl slowly pacing along the shore, with pants folded, flip-flops in a hand and mobile in the other, and with her head slightly waving according to the rhythm of the song. "Who is this NAMUNA", with an inquisitive frown he started trekking towards her, all the while his ears glued to the melodious voice.

"doorana untune.. yem maya chesaavo"..

(Though being away from me, what magic have you casted on me?)

"eevelalo neevu, em chestu untavo.."

(What would you be doing at this time..)

"Hmm, lyrics seem interesting!! Sounds like a romantic number, ye ladakiyan bhi na, I don't understand why they get kooky over these romantic songs. She is so lost in her world, not even realizing that she's actually singing out", the judge in him decreed that Jodha is humming out the song that has been playing in her ears, and the mellowed man in him concluded that she belongs to one of those immature, crazy, childish girly types. Nevertheless, he couldn't back off, as her melodious voice had already overpowered his so called matured, controlled senses; Slowing down his gait, he silently followed her, and no sooner his soul was so engrossed in the song, that he never realized when his shoes turned heavy, when his hands found their place in his pockets, when his head lowered, and when smile had taken over his lips.

"nadireyi lo neevu, nidaraina raneevu..

gadipedela kalamuu, gadipedelaa kaalamu?

(I couldn't sleep in the night thinking of you, how does this night pass by)

pagalaina kaasepu, pani chesukoneevu,

nee meedane dhyanamuu.. nee meedane dhyanamuu

(I couldn't work during the day, as my concentration is always on you)

Ye vaipu chustunna, nee roopu tochindi

(In every direction, I see only you..)

Nuvu kaka veredi, kanipinchanantondi..

(I can't see anything beyond you)

Ee indrajaalanni..

(This magic..)

"Ouch",  Jodha abruptly stopped there, clutching her left leg, and lifting it till the right knee to see what perturbed her dreamy land.

"What happened Jo, are you ok?"

Casually pulling out a wet thorn strand that kissed her leg and holding it not sure of where to dispose it, Jodha replied her concerned friend, "Nothing Sam, just a prick", saying so she resumed with the song and the stroll.

"ee indrajalanni.." ,

"Shss!!" hissing a slight moan, she had to stop again as the thorn she casually pulled out has left it's token behind.

"Ouch", the meek sound dragged him to reality and with a confused frown he stared at her. She was balancing her form on one foot doing something on her left leg, "Is she dancing now or what?" intrigued by her posture, he was about to step closer, when he heard her saying, "Nothing Sam, just a prick". It was then he comprehended that she wasn't listening to music on her mobile, but ACTUALLY singing for someone on the other end. "Singing over the phone, ye tho sach mein namuna hain!!" Before his thoughts proceeded, he heard her voice once again.

"ee indrajalanni..", "Shss"

"Shss!! Samyu, I think the thorn is not completely out, let me deal with this, catch u later, okay, see you.", saying so she cut the call, looked at the foot again and gently glided her thumb over the point the thorn had pierced in earlier. Affirmed by its presence, she quickly turned on the torch on her phone to search for a better place to settle down. Noticing a rock 20 feet away, she swiftly tiptoed there, leaving the much-fascinated man behind.

5:51am

Reposing herself on the rock, Jodha dropped the thorn and flip-flops down, stroke her injured foot against her right knee and dusted off the sand.  She focused the light onto her foot, while estimating the ways of plucking the debris out. Making it difficult for her, the tiny particle has already dug deeper and happily rested in her soft skin. "Hmm! I need a pin now", heaving a sigh of grief, she checked her pockets hoping to find any safety pins. Not finding any, she paused her actions for a while, to think of other sources, that is when her eyes casted on the thorn strand she dropped a while ago. Her lips broadened in smile as a famous Telugu idiom instantly struck her mind, "mullu ni mullu thone teeyali Jo, come on (A thorn should be removed with a thorn)". Grasping the mobile tight and focusing on the injured foot, she took the thorn in her right, gasped a few deep breaths and set herself for the tiny operation; unbeknown to the two keen eyes amusingly watching all her action from a closer distance, thanks to the dim winter dawn.

"Aw! Come on, just be there, don't slip off this time", Jodha chided her foot in mind as she tried to muster the courage to pierce out that tiny particle, for the third time. She was unable to balance both the mobile and foot with single hand, when she headed to operate, either the phone is slipping or the foot. "Uh.. I wish someone holds this phone, chalo, if I'm not successful this time, I'll return to hotel and get it done", coming to that resolution, she proceeded to attempt for the last time, but alas, the foot slipped again, this time owing to the tranquil voice that sounded near, which left her startled out of the blue.

"May I help you", having observed her actions for a while, the amused man stepped forward to offer a helping hand.

Alarmed by a stranger's presence, Jodha's eyes impulsively scanned the surroundings to ensure that she is not aloof. Contended by the sight of increased crowd on the beach, she then turned her eyes and fixed her gaze on the tall form standing before her with his head little lowered and his hands tucked in his pockets. "Help?? No, no thank you, that's ok, I'll manage", having uttered all sorts of amicable refutes; she stood up to rush to the hotel before the situation pushed her into more embarrassment.

"Tiptoeing 500meters wouldn't be as palatable as doing that for 20ft, trust me!!", suppressing his wry smirk, the gentleman tried to sound as poised as possible.

His shrewd comment immediately stopped her, alarming her mind. "Gosh.Was he eyeing me? Would he have listened to my song then? Samyu, ye tune kya kiya. I'll not leave you for this", she stood there thinking with a reluctant frown creasing her brows. Although the gray dawn prevented him from capturing her expressions, he could anticipate her hesitations; henceforth he shifted the subsequent conversation to Telugu, so as to take her into his confidence, "I can help you with the torch, if not with the exertion".  

"Oh, you speak Telugu? So you were listening to my song then!!", her abashment was vivid in her statement.

"Mmm yes, for a while", a canny smirk waved on his lips.

"What to do now? Even I don't want to limp all the way to hotel, should I accept his help? Anyways, not this place again, not this face again, let me see how exciting this is going to turn out",  as her adventurous soul dominated her qualms, Jodha sat back on the rock, returned to earlier posture and extended the mobile to him. With a victorious grin, he gently headed towards her right, bent on his left knee folding the right, and grabbed the phone to help her with the deal. While Jodha's right hand advanced for the task, her left hand swiftly pulled up the scarf that was draping her neck, thus covering two thirds of her face and then joined its counterpart.

"Amazing dot!", the small black speck just below the thumb on back of her foot, instantly captured his attention soon he focused the light there. "Soft and well-groomed fingers and toes, this girl could be a charming beauty," impressed by her radiant skin, he looked up to catch a glimpse of her features while she was totally occupied in her deeds. But, alas, he couldn't view anything beyond a scarf that was obscuring her charm, and two beautiful eyes completely fixated on her legs.  "I don't remember seeing her face covered earlier. Oh yeah, of course not, else how did she sing?", an impish smile escaped his lips as his mind deciphered her actions, "Aw, she is too quick in actions". Driving his thoughts aside, he rolled his eyes down to concentrate on her activity. The prickle was too sleek that it was missing every time she tried to pull it out, morphing a small prick into a wound.

"Hang on!! You hold this", unable to withstand her foul attempts, he extended his hand so that she takes the mobile and passes the thorn to him. The grace in his voice ceased her action and she looked up to him for the first time, evaluating what he is up to. The moment their eyes locked with each other's, both their minds articulated in unanimity,

"What an eyes!!"

Though the small torch directed to her failed in revealing his complete face, a ray of it reflected on his eyes, as if the light was worried that his message would go unread by Jodha had it not gleamed on his eyes. "Trust me, I'll not hurt you by any means", his deep brown eyes are communicating a cordial message to her, thus putting an end to all her hesitation.

"mm.. hair seems to be silky,"  she predicted looking at the strands kissing his forehead, "sharp nose as well, how curved his lips could have been? This SUN bhi na, why don't you rise a little early today, I'm unable to see his form properly", with her left elbow resting on her thigh and cheek in her left palm, she stealthily watched his persona, while the young man is engrossed in his trial. A sudden cold touch disturbed her attention; as she looked down to identify the source, she noticed her toes colliding against his wet shoes. "Oh, so this handsome hunk trekked in the water to follow me", a triumphant smile brightened her eyes and uplifted her spirits.

"As far as I know flip-flops are not meant for hands", winding up the ordeal, he gently pressed his thumb against the injury to stop blood from further oozing, held it for few moments and then slowly receded his hands off her feet.

"Yes, just the way those shoes are not meant for slogging in water", came her instant retort while she turned off the light, smiled behind her scarf and withdrew her foot. He looked down at his shoes once, then at her, stood up and moved back.

"So.", he shrugged.

"So," she too got up to leave. "Thanks a lot for your help". He just nodded his head in acceptance. Casting a grateful gaze, she departed from him and commenced walking to hotel.

"Hey miss.. ee indrajalanni (this magic)??", his voice stopped her again, for the last time for that day.

It took a moment for her to anticipate what he was asking, and when it struck her, she couldn't help giggling. She turned back. Pulling her scarf down, she replied him in her melodious voice "ee indrajalanni, neevena chesindi? (Is that you who did this magic to me?)", with that she nearly ran off from there, leaving him all smiling.

6:30 am

"Jalal!! Where were you? Kaha kho gaye ho tum, you even left your mobile in room", Abdul questioned him desperately as soon as Jalal returned to hotel room.

"Just been away for a casual walk, is everyone ready to leave? Just 10 minutes, will get ready", avoiding his friend's interrogation further, he tried to rush to get ready. But his detective pal is not of the types who give up so easily. "Walking!! So early? That too after such a heavy party last night?" he continued with his questions. "What should I do? I woke up at 5 as per plan, but you people were sleeping sound. Unwilling to awake you, I decided that we can leave an hour later. As I was no more sleepy, I went to the beach for passing time. Done with your questions or anymore?" he clarified while he proceeded to pack his stuff.

"Wait!! What's that in your hand?", Abdul pointed at the unusual object in his friend's hand.

"Err.. This..?" looking at the thorn strand in his hand he answered his friend, "nothing, just found it on the way, picked it up to dump in bin before it hurts someone," trying hard to sound casual, he moved to the trash bin to throw it, but an unknown feeling stopped him from doing so. He slipped it adjacent to the bin, hoping to collect it after his friend leaves the room. "Chalo, I'll be out in 10 minutes. Meanwhile, you people finish the checkout process", having said that he shut the bathroom door behind him.

"kuch tho gadbad hain", not so convinced with his friend's behavior, Abdul left the room to join their two other friends.

6:45am:

"We are done!! Are you ready?", Abdul barged into the room just when Jalal is about to check out with his bag.

"Yes, let's go".

"Where is that?" casting a skeptical glare at the dustbin, Abdul questioned his friend.

"What?" in a confused frown, Jalal looked at Abdul.

"That thorn?" he pointed out to the bin with his eyes.

"It should be somewhere over there, why are you interested in that? ", he questioned

Folding his hands, Abdul sternly said, "Jalal!! Do you think I didn't observe you coming from the beach completely lost in a reverie watching that thorn, while I was at the reception enquiring about you? You were so occupied that you failed to notice me. And do you think that your intentional slip of it beside the bin went unnoticed by me. Ab batao, mamla kya hain?"

"Nothing serious, stop being a detective and move on", he denied and walked out.

"Should be interesting, if not serious. I'm sure it is in your bag. kuch tho mamla hain uss kaante ke peeche, come on, blurt it out ", Abdul's shriek echoed in the corridor.

Much aware of his friend's stubbornness, Jalal wasn't left with an alternative other than narrating the whole fiasco. He kept it as simple and short as possible, suppressing the excitement his heart felt while he recounted the entire experience.

"The light was dull Samyu, I didn't see his face, I don't know how his ears look like, how his brows look like or how his teeth look like, okay, stop pestering me now", irritated with Samyuktha's ongoing rant, Jodha shouted at her top. "I should curse myself for sharing this with you. You suck".

Laughing at her friend's irritation, Samyu pleaded, "Just two more questions, I promise I'll not extend this further".

"Ok, only two, after that I'm going to cut this call, okay"!!

"Theek hai. Answer this then. How did you feel when he touched your feet? Hot? Sensual? Shivers down the spine? What was your first impression of his touch Jo?"  Samyu asked expecting a sincere confession of her friend's feelings. 

Jodha rolled her eyes in a state of recollecting that moment, then replied in a sober tone "A cozy warm touch Samyu,", biting her lips she continued, " waise, it should be warm only na. After all, his hands were tucked in his pockets," she chuckled anticipating Samyu's irked face.

"Idiot!! Be serious and answer me", Samyu yelled.

"No second turn dear, next one please".

"Ok. But I want a truthful answer to this. No pranks this time, pakka?"

"pakka, shoot it!"

"Why didn't you feel like asking his name, kam se kam itna tho banta hai na?"

----

"I know you are decent to girls and not of those flirting types, but still after such a close confrontation, didn't you even feel like asking her name," Abdul couldn't resist wondering his friend's chastity.

-----

"It didn't strike me then. I believe in destiny Samyu, if we are destined to meet again, he himself will step into my life with his introduction. ", a strange serenity filled her tone as she retaliated.

"I don't know, but I didn't feel like asking. Anyways, if she is destined to me, she herself will walk into my life with her introduction. If done with your enquiry, can we move now,  waha Aliya mera intezaar karti hogi", Jalal winked at his friend and both of them headed to join Chetan and Prithvi waiting for them at the parking.

Note: Thanks Bhavini for helping me with posting the song 😊 
hemakeerti thumbnail

Chapter 3

May 31, 2003

"Sorry sir!! Pink Scooty peps are out of stock. You may place the order now, it will take a month to deliver", nodding his head sideways the salesman articulated with a tinge of regret.

"Out of stock!! But my friend bought it here just 2 weeks back!!", a disappointed Jodha exclaimed in disbelief.

"Yes mam!! I'm not saying Scooties are out of stock, it's just the pink ones. We have more demand for them and there are many orders lined up as well. We'll be getting the stock soon, but we already have orders for them. You probably need to wait a month for pink ones", the salesman patiently explained.

"One month!! No, no, I can't wait. My brother's birthday is in two days and my father promised to gift him a bike", she exaggerated the situation as if it is highly critical.

Turning to Gautam who was adjacent to Jodha, the salesman said, "Oh!! So it's for you sir. Then why to go for PINK,  we have a wide range of colors to offer. We have black, metallic silver, white ..", the salesman quickly flipped through the brochure pages hoping to persuade.

"But my brother loves pink!!" a stern statement spouted from her mouth, there by abruptly ending the salesman's blabber. While Jodha's family sealed their lips, the salesman didn't mind showing off his "What the heck!!" expression as he heard that statement. Being affirmed that he would go nuts talking to that girl for five more minutes, he turned his gazes to her father and addressed in a plain tone "Sir, if you insist on pink one, you either book your order with us and wait for a month or try with other dealers".

"Can you help us with the dealer's list? We tried with the other TVS dealer in Ameerpet, but they are also out of stock", Jodha's father, Mr Raghuram, asked the salesman pleasingly.

"Yes please, please help us, else my brother would be highly disappointed. I can't see him low on his birthday", darting an adoring look at Gautam, Jodha quickly added to her father's assertion, making a pleading face.  Contemplating her devilish acts, they could no longer hold their laughs and every one assembled there including the salesman broke out into a bout of laughter. "Ok, ok. One of my friends works for Varun motors, Secunderabad. Let me check with him if they have one", tossing her a dearing smile, he proceeded to the landline to dial-up his friend.

The next five minutes turned out to be the most impatient ones for Jodha, as she spent thinking of alternatives if she were to hear a negative response from him.

"Sir, my friend informed me that somebody ordered for a pink one, but later they shifted to black. So they have ONE readily available, but you need to rush before someone grabs it", the salesman declared with a virtuous grin.

As her keen ears perceived the much-awaited words, Jodha's face brightened up immediately, "Thank you, thanks a lot. Can you do one more favor? Please call your friend and tell him that we are coming right away to book it."  The salesman smiled at her haste and assured that he would call up his friend.

Thanking the salesman once again with her beautiful smile, Jodha turned to her father saying, "Chalo papa, let's go to Secunderabad", and literally dragged him out holding his hand.

"I have been asking you from a month. Had you obliged then we hadn't had to roam all over the city today papa", Jodha complained as they walked to the parking.

"Sir sir. one rupee sir", two beggar kids approached them while they were about to board the car.

Checking his wallet and pockets, Raghuram turned to Vasudha and Gautam asking for change. Unable to tolerate the delay, Jodha yelled at the kids on top of her voice, "kahi bhi jao, tayyar rehte hain, bheek maangne ke liye ... Aise ghurke kyon dekh rahe ho, you are demanding us as if we are earning for you".

Her rude remarks, made her family serious. "Why are you so impatient Jodhu? World is not going to end if you don't buy a bike today. I actually think we are wasting time roving like this all over the city. Why don't we place an order with this dealer and wait. There is no urgency that we should rush now." handing over the change to kids, Vasudha remarked in contempt casting an angry stare at Jodha, as she was not interested in this whole exercise from the beginning.

"One more month!!" Jodha gulped as her face sullened in displeasure. "Ma, it's already been a month since I asked you to get me this. Now you want to delay again. I don't wonder even if you change your mind and cancel the order", she pouted.

"I always denied this proposal of getting you a bike at this age. If not for Gautam's assurance, I wouldn't have agreed to this even now", Vasudha gravely replied her daughter.

Dejected by her mother's sternness, Jodha winked at Guatam indicating him to handle the situation; "It's ok Ma. After a month, she'll be back to school and me to hostel; I'll not be there to assist her in driving. Anyways she promised that she wouldn't take it out beyond colony limits", Gautam persuaded his mom to which Raghuram also nodded in agreement. Vasudha finally gave up as Guatam had a point and of course her daughter's dejected face wouldn't go well with her too.

"Thank you so much papa", stepping out of the showroom, Jodha side hugged her father in excitement, as she became a proud owner of the much-awaited bike.

"Are you happy now Meenu?" Mr.Raghuram lovingly asked his daughter patting on her head.

"Of course Papa, I've been dreaming of driving Bhaiyya to the parlor and treat him with my pocket money on his birthday. Aw, I'm so excited for day-after-tomorrow!!", her eyes gleamed with excitement as she said so.

"What!! A pillion-ride on your PINK bike, and a kulfi treat on my birthday!! That's definitely more of a punishment than a party," Gautam creased his forehead and sighed in utter discomfort.

"Ok, if not kulfi, mirchi bajjji and jalebi then, theek hain?" Jodha threw an alternative as if doing a great favor. "Huh!! As if that is my favorite combo!! ", Gautam rolled his eyes in distaste.

While Vasudha smiled at the duo's colloquy, Raghuram turned to Jodha and asked "As I fulfilled your wish, what are you gifting me in return Meenu?" Unbeknown of what her father is up to, Jodha replied in the same excited tone "Anything for you papa, tell me what you want." With that reply from her, an impish smile escaped his lips and Raghuram disclosed his long impending remark, "Go and apologize those kids at whom you screamed an hour ago".

This statement sulked the chirpy mood prevailing till then. Gautam and Vasudha could apprehend what Raghuram is up to and casted a wry glance at Jodha.  As her rude remarks reverberated her mind, Jodha's face dimmed a bit and with a genuine repent filling her eyes, she replied her father, "Sorry papa, I admit that I was harsh. But how can we find them now so that I apologize?"

Contented with Jodha's response, Raghuram wrapped his hand over Jodha's shoulder and fostered his daughter in a soft loving tone. "Look at the irony dear. It took just an hour for your annoyance to turn into elation, but can you forget the aversion the kids had when you shouted at them? Had you been refrained for a minute then, you needn't have to lower your head now and see, you don't have a chance to mend your mistake either. Certain deeds can never be undone Meenu and I expect my children to be prudent in their actions."

"Why do you want to go for Medicine Meenu?" Gautam questioned his sister, wondering the reasons behind her choice of study. Since Jodha is stepping into 10th grade that year, her family thought that it is high time she decided on her career options so as to plan the subjects to be taken up in +2 accordingly. Hence forth, that has become the hot topic of the evening while they relished the sumptuous dinner.

"Bhaiyya there are two people behind this decision, one is Shreya didi and other is Jaya aunty. We know that Shreya di joined medicine through donation, but have you seen how much she poses as if she is the only one pursuing MBBS in this world? Even most of our relatives talk high of her, sing her praises quoting her hectic curriculum for not appearing in any family function. That's when I made up my mind to take up BiPc in Intermediate, score a good rank in EAMCET and get a free seat in the same Gandhi Medical college. And the second person is Jaya aunty, for, I love her doctor's attire; in those light shaded cotton sarees, with a white coat and a stethoscope adorning her neck, she just looks like an angel", envisioning herself in that attire, Jodha elucidated her dreams.

Enthralled by her explanation, the audience looked to each other in amusement. "You want to be a doctor just because you envy Shreya di and admire Jaya aunty's sarees? This is too much Meenu", gently striking his knuckles on her head, Gautam chided his sister.  

"You are going nuts day by day Jodhu!! Here we are so serious about your future, and you are blabbering nonsense again. Uff", Vasudha panted in disgust.Although amused by his laadli's antics, Raghuram apprehended that it's high time his daughter needed a reality check. "Meenu, I'd love to see my daughter as a doctor, but I wish you don't become one for the sake of a coat or other's appreciation. You should become one if you strongly desire it. Moreover, medicine is not an easy profession to take up. One should be highly dedicated and extremely patient to come out as a successful doctor. You also need to compromise on earthly pleasures to a great extent.  I think you should talk to Jaya aunty before you come to a decision. You'll realize how hectic their life is, after that, if you are still determined to pursue medicine I have no objections".

"But papa, weren't patience and Jodha two highly contradicting words?", Gautam commented pulling Jodha's legs. The parents broke into a bout of laughter seeing Jodha's reaction to that comment. Hitting Gautam hard on his shoulder, Jodha instantly retorted, "Of course I am patient. Else how could I bear you all these years?"

Donning a sad face, Gautam countered back. "pch!! That's what my concern is too. Itne saal se mere behen ho, phir bhi tum nahi sudhaari. Waise, haven't we seen your patience a few hours before?", he winked at his parents referring to the Scooty scene.

"Acha, if you know me so well, you tell me what should I become", Jodha sarcastically said, darting a serious stare.

Though he knew his sister is derisive in her question, he resolved to give a sincere answer to that. Placing his hand over her's, he shared his genuine perception, which she was forced to recollect exactly a year later.

"You may agree or not, but I strongly feel that Medicine is not your cup of tea Meenu. You belong to that kind of people who cherishes every moment of their life. You love to try out different things,  you don't like to be monotonous in any aspect. Impatience is your weakness where as creativity is your strength. I don't suggest you chose a career that dwells on your weakness and crushes your strength. You too know that you are good at dancing and drawing. Going by that, I'd recommend you to take up creative courses like fine arts, fashion technology or painting. In fact, all the times I see your pencil sketches, I envision you as an ARCHITECT".

June 11, 2012

"So you are Ms. Jodha, one of the three freshers who joined our team today?", a young senior's greetings brought Jodha out of her memories. It is her second day at NCC Hyderabad; after a casual introduction to the team, and a formal tour of the work place, she was guided to her seat. The moment she stepped into the cubicle, a drawing board with drafter fixed on it lured her attention. Her eyes gleamed in delight and turned moist as she glided her fingers over them lovingly. "Finally your sister is officially an architect today bhaiyya," her heart proclaimed reminiscing the day her brother induced the thought of architect in her. As she was lost in thoughts, the senior's question deliberately dragged her out of them; turning back, she tossed her trademark smile and replied "Hi, yes I'm Jodha, newly joined trainee architect".

"Nice meeting you Jodha, I'm Swetha, I was away a while ago, so missed the fresher's introduction. Which campus are you from? By the way, I hope you don't mind me saying that you are very pretty!!" extending her hand for a handshake, Swetha complimented her.

"Ah! Thanks for the compliment. I'm from JNFAU", Jodha replied shaking hand with her.

"Oh, from the university campus? That's great. Waise, your name is pretty novel, are you a north Indian?" intrigued by her name, Swetha couldn't help asking that question.

"Yeah, my name sounds like north Indian one, but I'm not. I'm an out and out Telugu girl. My full name is Jodha Akkineni.  I'm always faced with this question whenever I introduce me and I end up narrating the long story behind this name," Jodha explained with a wide smile.

"Ah, interesting, let's do one thing, as it is lunch time, let's go to the cafeteria, you can narrate me your story while munching over the food, what say", the senior raised her brows and smiled at Jo.

"Sure, let's go," saying so Jodha took her wallet and both of them proceeded to the cafeteria.

-------

"Okay now tell me your long story", settling down at a corner table with lunch plates, Swetha resumed the conversation.

"Actually my father was an employee of SBI and used to get transferred to different places. He was posted in Jaipur when I was born. My mom always preferred to name me according to my birth star, where as my father wanted to give me his lost mother's name. The debate continued till a day before my cradle ceremony. Meantime, my mom listed all the names starting with "Jo" going by my birth star and asked her Jaipur friends opinion on the list. They added one more name to the list, citing the story of their Rajput princess whose name was Jodha. My mom instantly liked it, as it sounded new and also rhymed with her name "Vasudha". After a lot of debate and discussion, my parents came to an agreement that my Mom would call me Jodha, and my father would call me "Meenu" going by my grand mom's name "Meenakshi".

hema042 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
good one do continue πŸ˜³πŸ‘
hemakeerti thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hema042

good one do continue πŸ˜³πŸ‘

Thank u.. your latest VM links are not opening Hema
I've tried many times, but dropbox says heavy traffic πŸ˜†
hema042 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hemakeerti

Thank u.. your latest VM links are not opening Hema
I've tried many times, but dropbox says heavy traffic πŸ˜†

hahahah wait and download hema and i will try relload once again 
aisha.....11110 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
πŸ‘πŸ‘AWESOME STARTπŸ‘πŸ‘
plz continue it...i liked the concept (hats off)
the starting was spell binding β€οΈ
i really liked the name of the ff...itz really different nd eye catchy
continue soon...thnx for the pmπŸ€—
hemakeerti thumbnail

Thanks Rima 😊
hemakeerti thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rima4ever

loved chapter 1