Phir Subah Hogi

Varun Badola: 'I don't understand the TRP game' -NEW ARTICLE

ronshaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Varun Badola: 'I don't understand the TRP game'
By HT
New Delhi, June 18 -- Popular TV actor Varun Badola, who is known for his performances in shows such as Koshish - Ek Aashaa, Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand and Phir Subah Hogi among others, feels that the Indian TV industry should make shows for the intelligentsia of the country.
"The content on Indian TV needs to change. Although it is not as regressive as it used to be when I joined the industry around 20 years ago, a lot needs to be done even now. Honestly, I do not understand the TRP game. How can a handful of people decide what the entire country is watching on TV? Also, I feel no TV show is being made keeping the intelligentsia in mind, and that needs to change," says Varun, who is back on the tube after almost a year and is currently doing a cameo in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.
When asked about the reason behind his hiatus from the small screen, the 40-year-old says "Most of the shows that are made today are about younger characters. I am more likely to say yes to a show where the character is written keeping me in mind."
Badola, who has done films such as Charas, Mickey Virus and Jai Ho, says that he is looking to do more work in Bollywood. "Although the process has been slow, I am hopeful of doing great work in films. My point is that if I decide to do a film, it should benefit me as an actor. I can't do anything just for the heck of it," he says.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ronshaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
u know what
i totally agree with him !!!
i start to watch tv shows, some are very good but their trp is low so they shut those down and those that are so bakwas are still running 
also trp is a game .. that too i agree
indian tv shows have to change them self and become better and make us learn from those Not see all over again the same sas bahu dramas / hate ext !!! 
b4uvarun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ronshaan

u know what

i totally agree with him !!!
i start to watch tv shows, some are very good but their trp is low so they shut those down and those that are so bakwas are still running
also trp is a game .. that too i agree
indian tv shows have to change them self and become better and make us learn from those Not see all over again the same sas bahu dramas / hate ext !!!

I agree too