Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QuietlyLoud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ExpectoPatronum

'There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other'
'If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals'
These two sentences, I just love them! JKR doesn't know how many people are influenced because of her work!!!

those lines are my fav too!
and also" Happiness can be found at the darkest of times only if one remembers to turn on the light"
JKR made many lives better for sure! 
mehr05 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
fantastic thread Lumos! 👏 👏
i can't recall how many times I've read my HP series but each time i go through my books, its with the same amazement and wonder that i discover my world, my HP world.
yes, been a crazy teenager when HP was still the hype of the moment each time a new book was about to be launched;threw tantrums and took the whole family in a tornado just to get me my books within hours of its release. but that was me, the stubborn and spoilt me!

but there's another side of me that on reading HP, I've gotten a jolt and it served me a lesson, to learn and got inked in my soul:

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Alkaban
- Quote by Albus Dumbledore

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

as convoluted these two sayings of Dumbledore was, it made total sense to me. 😲
yes,was huge dreamer, still am but more realistic now! 😆 just imagine, 12 years old and so many wild and impossible dreams in your head. used to spend hours daydreaming and as if not enough at night! but that's my dream, so why not? and when my sister yelled at me for always being lost in my own world...well, that was my reply to her: my world, back off! 😉

but there's also dreams...of my lost ones, my loved ones and mourning for them...they are mine, always mine, close to me...can't let them go, need to hold onto these dreams...in fear that i might forget them, how they talk, how they smiled at me, our bonding, that link, that touch...in my dreams, they are here, with me...alive and happy...and i'm happy too...but its all illusion, na!
and Dumbledore rightly said: it doesn't dwell to live on dreams and forget to live.

Edited by mehr05 - 9 years ago
Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aru_A

thank u so much Lumos(wud like to know ur name too...)
I am Aru...i'm new to this forum...
Harry Potter series is actually an epic. I agree with each and every word u said. Its actually pitiful that people just look at HP series as a children's fantasy...coz they do not have the tiniest of idea of the magical world that lies beyond the pages of those books...the magic that can change lives...they really don't have the Inner Eye😉...there is so much...more than that can be imagined...it is treasure...it simply can't be desribed in words...its so magnificient and vast...

as for the siggy...even i love it...takes me back to my own life...and finally makes me smile n realize...
thank u... :)

my name is Anirudh :)
welcome to the forum Aru!

yes, the magic leaves us truely enchanted! its magic thats real. 😊
Lumos thumbnail

Originally posted by: Quixotic5

ANOTHER LESSON : " Friendship, Faith, Second Chances , Forgiveness"  

I dunno," said Ron. "Sometimes I've thought, when I've been a bit hacked
off, he was having a laugh or"or he just wanted to make it more difficult. But
I don't think so, not anymore. He knew what he was doing when he gave me
the Deluminator, didn't he? He"well," Ron's ears turned bright red and he
became engrossed in a tuft of grass at his feet, which he prodded with his toe,
"he must've known I'd run out on you."
"No," Harry corrected him. "He must've known you'd always want to come
back."

The above lines are from the final book in the series wherein Ron is feeling guilty about running out on his friends & Harry provides a whole new perspective in the matter..

P.S. if anybody wants to  add or delete few more lessons in this context, then by all means feel free to do so..😊

agree.
i would like to give meaning to your sequence...friendship..faith...second chances,,forgiveness...

for understanding, i would put it this way...Faith-->friendship-->improvements-->bliss

everything begins with faith. faith in oneself. We pray to the Lord to give us good friends but we seldom pray to make US a trustworthy friend. I think the latter changes everything. Once we strive to become a good friend, friendship follows. eg: Ron and Harry initial meeting...

Next, we are imperfect. Its the imperfection(impurity) in Gold, that makes it capable to be cast into beautiful jewellery. Similarly its the imperfection in relationships that make it more enjoyable and adorable. Ron parting with Harry/Hermy and then re-union..i suppose it made their bonding stronger.

The moment we accept our flaws and work to improve upon it..(here the example u quoted)..also the moment we forgive our friends...are more enlightening than emotional. Helps one grow...gets one nearer to eternal happiness(bliss). 😊

Lumos thumbnail

Originally posted by: libsrocks

nice thread...personally i feel HP books are one of those books who teach us many thing with fun

The very big lesson is your life is as u make it
Harry had a miserable life where he had been constantly abused by his relatives and never really known love but when he joined Hogwarts he was very much open towards relations like friendship and love...despite having a very negative life Harry never lost hope in relations which made him much better than Voldemort...Harry won not becoz he was some powerful wizard but becoz he had a powerful will to remain positive and embrace the positivity in life 
So i can say that what i learned from HP is to make your views on life better if u want to make your life better 
Other important lessons are like friendship but it mostly depends on luck becoz not every gets lucky enough to have friends like Ron and Hermoine

thank you.

ab agree! life is what ones chooses it to be! Each one of us has an evil side and a good side..its upto us which one to feed... 😊

on friendship and getting friends..pls read my above post. :)
Lumos thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brishti_Sarkar

I have been inspired by Harry Potter every time I was in problem. All of Dumbledore's lines are so so inspiring. I truely believe in his quote..

"It is our choices that make us what we are today far more than our abilities."

This inspired me so much. It really explains. We can do a lot of things. I can murder someone if I wish to. But would it be right? When we want something, we think of all the possible ways to get it, or solve our problem. But after we choose one, how many of us actually think if that is right or not? Sometimes we should choose the other way round.

thanks so much for ur views. I second completely!

And this one is my all time favourite.

"Do not pity the dead Harry. Pity the living and above all those who live without love."

Life is not only about pitying. Living is much more tough than just dying. We can all die. But the one who will live to face the problems in order to live life are actually the ones who deserve success. So, we should not mourn for the dead. They are gone. Free. Far away from all this. But think of somebody who lives. Lives and lives.. its painful. 

absolutely true! 
the central theme in HP is compassion..this quote serves as one of the means...😊

And ofcourse,

"It is difficult to stand up against your enemies, but its even more difficult to stand up against your friends."
The acid test of relations is at trying times...or when one differs in one's perception...true relations reveal..

Lastly my two more favourites..

"Happiness can be found at the darkest of times only if one remembers to turn on the light."
yes. one must try to remain confident under all circumstances. Justified further in DH...an 18yr inexperienced wizard would never have been able to do what Harry did...he just lived upto this quote!

"It is a curious thing Harry, but perhaps, power best suits only to those who never sought it."
i so love this quote..even if we see around there's so much of practical examples...the latest..Narendra Modi..a tea-seller...someone who perhaps never dreamt(forget seeking) to occupy the chair of CM and now PM..and we see he carries it well...other example is The Nehru family..the less said the better...

thanks for particpation...looking forward to ur continued participation... 😃
Lumos thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brishti_Sarkar

But the line which will always give me peace in mind is this one... forever and always.

"Whether you come back by page or by big screen, Hogwarts will ALWAYS be there to welcome you HOME."

Thank you J.K Rowling for this line. And Harry Potter, nothing could be as dear to me as much as you ARE and always WILL BE.

yup..HP is eternal... 😊

abt dumbly's lines in previous post...well yes all so important and impacting..therefore each one of us must have a "mentor" in our lives...im lucky to have one 😊
Lumos thumbnail

Originally posted by: ExpectoPatronum

The inscriptions on The mirror of erised "Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi" if read backwards says "I show not your face but your heart's desire" trust JK to come-up with something like this!!! Hats off to her 👏

oh there are many such trivia...
JKR carved HP after rigorous thoughts and efforts!

Another one...Dobby's first and last words were-Harry Potter! so touching! it made my eyes moist!
Lumos thumbnail

Originally posted by: QuietlyLoud

those lines are my fav too!
and also" Happiness can be found at the darkest of times only if one remembers to turn on the light"
JKR made many lives better for sure! 

😊😊
Lumos thumbnail

Originally posted by: mehr05

fantastic thread Lumos! 👏 👏

thanks mehr! its upto u all to make it fantastic! 😊

i can't recall how many times I've read my HP series but each time i go through my books, its with the same amazement and wonder that i discover my world, my HP world.
yes, been a crazy teenager when HP was still the hype of the moment each time a new book was about to be launched;threw tantrums and took the whole family in a tornado just to get me my books within hours of its release. but that was me, the stubborn and spoilt me!

lolzzz we did that so?!😆

but there's another side of me that on reading HP, I've gotten a jolt and it served me a lesson, to learn and got inked in my soul:

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Alkaban

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

this particularly has had a deep impact on me too...dumbly is stressing on understanding and living in the present..the past is gone and the further has not yet arrived...😊 

as convoluted these two sayings of Dumbledore was, it made total sense to me. 😲
yes,was huge dreamer, still am but more realistic now! 😆 just imagine, 12 years old and so many wild and impossible dreams in your head. used to spend hours daydreaming and as if not enough at night! but that's my dream, so why not? and when my sister yelled at me for always being lost in my own world...well, that was my reply to her: my world, back off! 😉

but there's also dreams...of my lost ones, my loved ones and moaning for them...they are mine, always mine, close to me...can't let them go, need to hold onto these dreams...in fear that i might forget them, how they talk, how they smiled at me, our bonding, that link, that touch...in my dreams, they are here, with me...alive and happy...and i'm happy too...but its all illusion, na!
and Dumbledore rightly said: it doesn't dwell to live on dreams and forget to live.

aww very touching...thank you so much for sharing your personal experience Mehr...looking forward to more!!