eymane thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Hii Guys im wrting a story and i need your opinions on it so i know if i should carry on or not. plz be honest. i havent thought of the yet but will soon. Here is its first paragraph. PLZ BE HONEST GUYS AND TELL ME WHETHER I SHOULD CARRY ON OR NOT.

Today is the Summer Solstice, I'm moving into adulthood and still don't have any answers to the questions revolving around my head since I was a toddler. While I sat in front of the Victorian mirror on my white dressing table, trying to detangle my curly, frizzy and unruly hair, I came across thinking why I haven't got the answers to my questions yet or even if I was supposed to get the answers to my unanswered questions.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eymane thumbnail
i guess no one liked it so wont continue ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­
Laugh.Out.Loud thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
No comments because there is hardly anyone in the forum. I love the beginning and I say, you should definitely continue! 
LoveToLaugh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Don't be bothered by the lack of comments. They come. Late, but they do. 
I really liked the intro paragraph, and you should definitely continue this. 

:)
seetha74 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Solace in Solitude !  Title !
Seems interesting ...continue  writing  ! The story has to  unfold to us ...then only it will be proper to suggest any title !
As a writer you must have seen the manifestation of your imaginations and feelings ...so it will be easy to a writer to put a title for their stories !
As an outsider it will be difficult for any !!
eymane thumbnail
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SUCH AMAZING REPLIES
I WILL CONTINUE WRITING AND POST SOON, MAYBE TODAY
SO KEEP LOOKING
eymane thumbnail

Originally posted by: SEETHA.K

Solace in Solitude !  Title !

Seems interesting ...continue  writing  ! The story has to  unfold to us ...then only it will be proper to suggest any title !
As a writer you must have seen the manifestation of your imaginations and feelings ...so it will be easy to a writer to put a title for their stories !
As an outsider it will be difficult for any !!

nice title!
eymane thumbnail
Guys, I will post the story in bits every time.
This post will also include the intro paragraph to start off the story.
Please keep posting your comments!
The story will always be in BLUE colour and other notes will be in BLACK.
And oh!
Please do tell me if any improvements or anything else.
Feel free to comment!
Here it is-

Today is the Summer Solstice, I'm moving into adulthood and still don't have any answers to the questions revolving around my head since I was a toddler. While I sat in front of the Victorian mirror on my white dressing table, trying to detangle my curly, frizzy and unruly hair, I came across thinking as to why I haven't got the answers to my questions yet or even if I was supposed to get the answers to my unanswered questions.

Making a low knock on the solid white bedroom door came in my cousin who was my best ever friend since my childhood, followed by my Uncle whom hand was always on my head since I was living with them. Although it was a bright day I wondered as to why Uncle had a gloomy face.

"Today is a very special day for you my child. I'm afraid you will have to be patient for my gift" I didn't really pay much attention to Uncle James's words because they made very less sense to me. What could be a gift for which I would have to be patient for? I thought in my head. I looked over at my cousin and raised my eyebrows,

"Even I'm not aware of Dad's present. I wish you a very, very Happy Birthday and may all your wishes and dreams come alive" he added with a big smile on his face and winked although I didn't understand what the wink was for.

Nevertheless, I left my blue, king-sized bed and hopped out of my messy room, skipping down the stairs with everyone in my way smiling and wishing me a good day. I was followed by Uncle James and Cousin Peter, who were both wearing formal gray and black tuxedos, respectively. I was wearing my morning clothes; a white tank top with washed blue rolled-from-the-bottom jeans ripped at the knees. I wasn't dressed in a gown since there was a lot of time left for my birthday celebrations to get started and everybody was too busy in making preparation for the party, to even glance at my casual clothes.

I was served my favorite breakfast; crunchy oats with berries of all sorts as topping, covered with maple syrup. Only Uncle James and Peter were present at the spacious table which could bear up to 14 people each at a seat. Uncle sat on the chair I called the directors-chair while Peter and me occupied the assistant-directors-chair. I glanced at Uncles and Peters plate and all I could see was the boring everyday breakfast, omelette with baguettes cut into halves diagonally. I always changed my eatables depending on my mood; I wondered how they could eat that and also every single day.

"Any special plans you've made with any of you mates at college?" Before I could answer Peter's question, I was interrupted by Uncle,

"Peter! Use proper terms instead of informal" Peter corrected himself, asking me if I've got any plans made for my birthday with my close companions at college.

"No.  I've decided to spend this special day with my only family at home. However I've asked Emily to accompany me to shop for my birthday gown and she will pop in after a while" I replied in a very smooth but firm tone. I glanced at Uncle and Peter for their response and they both nodded in agreement.

Although we were 'The Royals Family' Peter was very much like me; a happy-go-lucky person, who shared same interests as me and was free with his mind and people. On the other hand Uncle James was the strict man of the house, who wants to have the perfect family in town with people following his rules, but because I was his princess he lets me go against the rules and do whatever I want without any objections.

After breakfast, I went back upstairs, sat on my bed and reminisced about my past although every memory I had were all blurred. I didn't want to ruin this day thinking about my childhood, so I decided to call Emily to ask when she will arrive but she was busy on another call. To pass my time I decided to spend my time reading a book. Unfortunately, that didn't work either so it turned out I was taken towards my past. As I sat on my bed with a tie-dyed pillow on my lap, my past came to me like an agitated wave.

Hope u guys like it!
Edited by eymane - 9 years ago
eymane thumbnail
The rest Guys-

It was a bright springs morning, and Mum, Dad & I stepped out of our white-bricked terraced house. We were making our way towards the airport, to collect my cherished uncle who, although was very strict, was very much attached to me, as his own daughter had expired in a sudden death taking her mother with her. Uncle James was accompanied by his son, Peter, who was only a couple years older than me. Me and Peter got along very well, I remember, and had become deep friends with time. As soon as my uncle stepped out of the sliding doors, with Peter following him, he came and picked me off the ground holding me high up in the air. After that my memory disappears and what I remember is of a few days post uncles arrival.

Uncle James repeatedly asked something to my Dad, but Father would always boycott him. Till now I have been unknown to the request made by uncle. Soon enough Uncles departure had arrived and I found out I was going along with him and my parents would shortly follow. I was told we would be living with Uncle in his massive house and my parents won't be coming with us now as they have to take care of some paperwork in order leave the country. I don't have any remembrance of me arriving in Uncles' bungalow; however I do remember him telling me I will be happier in his house than I was in our terraced one.

Freshly, I still remember the day I was menacing as Uncle approached to me sobbing. He had come to inform me, someone had burnt our house down and my parents had died in the white-bricked terraced house. I was shocked and completely broken for a few weeks. I wouldn't leave my room, nor play with Peter.

Soon I recovered from my grief and accepted the tough fate of life. I was told we wouldn't visit my parent's grave as this was their last wish and I had to agree against my will. As the days went by, I grew fond of my environments and had very less remains of my parents in my head. Today, I still haven't forgotten my lovely and caring parents, but my memories of them and my childhood keep fading away.

Since that day a few questions revolved around my head but they lessened with time as I started to understand what had actually happened that day. However still two questions give me a knock and leave unanswered as soon as I open its doors; what had actually happened to our white-bricked terraced house that caused it to burn down? And why was me not visiting their grave, my parents last wish?

Hope ya'll like it so far! 😃
Edited by eymane - 9 years ago