meme4u.com

Welcome Blessed Month of Ramadan

hukshila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago

(May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be on all of you)

What is Ramadan?

RAMADAN (the 9th month of Islamic  lunar  Calendar , which consists of 29 - 30 days) is most precious month, fasting in this month is obligatory for all Muslims.

What does fasting Means?

Fasting is called sawm in Qur'an (19:26). The word sawm literally means "to abstain. According to Islamic Shari'ah (Law), the word sawm means to abstain from all those things which are forbidden during fasting from the break of dawn to the sunset, and to do this with the intention of fasting. Taking meal  little before Dawn (before Fajer time) is blessing so none should avoid taking it.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (May Peace be upon Him), said, "Take Suhur (meal a little before dawn) as there is a blessing in it."
(Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 146; Muslim Book 006, Number 2412)

Components of Fasting

1)    The intention (niyyah) for fasting.

One should make a sincere intention to fast for the sake of Allah every day before dawn. The intention need not be in words, but must be with the sincerity of the heart and mind.  [There is NO authentic Invocation / Supplication / Dua found in any hadith for fasting as its the intention and no need to say anything.]

2)     Avoiding Forbidden Acts

Eating, drinking,
sexual relation with wife during fast, backbiting, vomiting deliberately , using medicines (including eye and nose and all type of medicines) fighting and all evil actions.

As mentioned above eating / drinking is not allowed during fast timings. i.e. from Fajer to Maghrib (Dawn to Sunset) but  it doesn't break fast if done unintentionally.

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (May Peace be upon Him) said, "If somebody eats or drinks forgetfully then he should complete his fast, for what he has eaten or drunk, has been given to him by Allah." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Part of Hadith Number 154)

Purpose of Fasting in Ramadan

Fasting has been obligatory in every religion before Islam and Allah told us in Qur'an (Surah Baqrah Verse 183) about the Fasts of Ramadan being Obligatory and their Purpose.

Importance of Ramadan

Here you can have a quick summary about Importance of Ramadan

Fasting in Ramdan is one of Five Pillars of Islam

Fasting is one of the five pillars of Islam and it is obligatory for all MUSLIMS to fast during RAMADAN.

Narrated by By Abdullah bin 'Umar bin al-Khattab(May Allah be pleased with him):  I heard the Messenger of Allah (May Peace be upon Him), said: "Islam has been built upon five things, on testifying that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is His Messenger; on performing salah; on giving the zakah; on Hajj to the House; and on fasting during Ramadan." (Muslim Book 1, Hadith 021, Bukhari).

Paradise gates are opened

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Apostle May Peace be upon Him said, "When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained." (Bukhari, Vol 3, Book 31, Number 123; Muslim, Book 006, Number 2361).

Revelation of Quran's Month

Quran is revealed in month of Ramadan

Ramadan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. (Qur'an 2:185)

Layala tul Qadr (The Night of Power)'s month

Alla informs us in Quran, Surah Qadr that Quran was revealed in Layal tul Qadr which comes in the month of Ramadan, Praying this night is better than 1000 nights of normal life and all important decisions are made in this night.

Forgiveness of Sins

Praying in Nights of Ramadan with sincere faith will be cause of forgiveness of sins, in sha' Allah (if Allah wills).

Multiplication of Rewards

Charity is a good any time but it is best in Ramadan as we are promised to get 10 times more reward for each good deed in it (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 118) and Allah informs us in Qur'an (2:261)  that spending in way of Allah is like getting reward of 700 times of spending each penny.

So in Ramadan its like 700 times of usual charity and 10 times due to Ramadan so reward of spending will be like 700 x 10 = 7000 for spending each penny. Besides that other actions will be rewarded 10 times while doing only once.

Prophet Peace be Upon Him was the most generous during Ramadan.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas(May Allah be pleased with him):  The Prophet (May Peace be upon Him) was the most generous amongst the people, and he used to be more so in the month of Ramadan when Gabriel (angel) visited him, and Gabriel used to meet him on every night of Ramadan till the end of the month. The Prophet used to recite the Holy Qur'an to Gabriel, and when Gabriel met him, he used to be more generous than a fast wind (which causes rain and welfare). (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 126).

In Ramadan Umrah is equivalent to Hajj

Umrah will be equivalent to Hajj, if some one can not afford to got to Hajj (which is another pillar of  Islam) due to any reason, can avail this opportunity and can perform Umrah while getting the reward of Hajj.

Al-Bukhari (1782) and Muslim (1256) narrated that Ibn Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said to a woman from among the Ansaar Ibn Abbaas mentioned her name but I forgot it "What kept you from performing Hajj with us?" She said: We only have two camels and the father of her son and her son had gone for Hajj on one camel, and he left us the other camel so that we could carry water on it. He said: "When Ramadan comes, go for Umrah, for Umrah in (that month) is equivalent to Hajj."

A renewal of faith and obedience

Ramadan is a training month for Muslims so they can learn self control from the wrong doings and disobedience of Allah. While fasting they are bound to stop themselves from the wrong deeds like back biting, fighting, abusing and from all evil deeds as the fasts are not acceptable if no one stops doing the wrong acts. Allah doesn't want us to be hungry or thirsty but wants us to become righteous as mentioned above in Surah Baqrah verse 183.

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet May Peace be upon Him said "Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)" (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 127).

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Apostle (May Peace be upon Him) said, "Fasting is a shield (or a screen or a shelter). So, the person observing fasting should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should tell him twice, 'I am fasting." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Part of Number 118).

Rewards for Fasting People

1)      Allah will give the Reward by Himself.

1st and most important, Allah said fasting is for Him and Allah will give its reward by Himself.

The Prophet added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Part of Number 118).

2)      Separate Paradise Gate for the Fasting People

Fasting during Ramadan is a blessed act as there is a separate gate of Heaven for the fasting people for their special honor.

There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it.
( Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 31, Number 120)

3)      Reward at the Time of Breaking Fast

Supplications at the time of Iftar are not rejected so any one can pray for what he/she desired.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet, (May Peace be upon Him), said: "There are three people whose supplications are not rejected: the fasting person when he breaks the fast, the just ruler and the supplication of the oppressed". [Al-Baihaqi, Silsilah Ahadith us Sahiha, Lilbani, Part 4, Number 1797; Tirmithi, Ibn Majah and Ibn Hibban]

Time of Breaking Fast

Breaking fast must be done immediately after sunset (at Maghrib time) and must not be delayed.

Narrated by Sahl bin Sad (May Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Apostle (May Peace be upon Him) said, "The people will remain on the right path as long as they hasten the breaking of the fast." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 178).

Supplication / Invocation / Dua for breaking fast.

Reward for giving Iftar (meal for breaking fast) to Others
The person who will arrange iftar (meal for breaking fast) for others, will get the same reward as the fasting person will receive but the reward of the other fasting person will not be decreased.

By Zayd ibn Khaalid al-Juhani (may Allaah be pleased with him): The Messenger of Allah (May Peace be upon him) said: "Whoever gives Iftar to one who is fasting will have a reward like his, without that detracting from the fasting person's reward in the slightest."
(Al-Tirmidhi, 807; Ibn Maajah, 1746; classed as saheeh by Al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 647.)

Punishment of Breaking Fast before prescribed Time

The person who breaks fast without any reason (being sick etc) must free a salve or must observe consecutive fasts for two months or feed sixty poor people.

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): the Apstole of Allah (May Peace be upon Him) commanded the person (who) broke the fast in Ramadan to free a slave or observe fasts for two (consecutive) months or feed sixty poor persons. (Muslim Book 006, Number 2461)

Missed Fasts of the Dead Person

If some one Died who had missed fast  due to some reason (i.e. travelling or sickness) during Ramadan without fasting in other days, his / her guardian is supposed to fast on his / her behalf.

Narrated by 'Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her): Allah's Apostle (May Peace be upon Him) said, "Whoever died and he ought to have fasted (the missed days of Ramadan) then his guardians must fast on his behalf."(Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 173)

Relaxation from Fasting.

Allah gave a relaxation to the old / sick or traveling  people from fasting. The sick people can complete the counting of fasting days whenever they are well and
traveling people can fast when they are back from journey.  If some old / sick person can never fast in life, he / she is allowed  to skip fasts but must feed some poor fr 2 times / each fast as fasting compensations.

[Fasting for] a limited number of days. So whoever among you is ill or on a journey [during them] - then an equal number of days [are to be made up]. And upon those who are able [to fast, but with hardship] - a ransom [as substitute] of feeding a poor person [each day]. And whoever volunteers excess - it is better for him. But to fast is best for you, if you only knew.The month of Ramadan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful. (Surah Al-Baqrah 184-185)

Itikaf During Ramadan

Itikaf (staying in Mosque / Masjid for a certain period) is also practiced by Prophet Mohammad Peace by upon him in Ramadan so one who can practice it easily should practice it.

Narrated by 'Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her): Allah's Apostle (May Peace be upon Him)  used to practice Itikaf in the last ten nights of Ramadan and used to say, "Look for the Night of Qadr in the last ten nights of the month of Ramadan ," (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 32, Number 237).

Forbidden Fasts

1)       Fasting before one or two days before Ramadan is not allowed.

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (May Peace be upon Him) said, "None of you should fast a day or two before the month of Ramadan unless he has the habit of fasting (Nawafil) (and if his fasting coincides with that day) then he can fast that day." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 138)

2)      Fasting on Friday without any other fast before or after it.

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): I heard Prophet (May Peace be upon Him) saying, "None of you should fast on Friday unless he fasts a day before or after it." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 206)

3)      Fasting on Eid ul Fitr or Eid ul Adha is not Allowed

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (May peace Be Upon Him) forbade to observe fast on these two days. 'Id-ul-Adha  and 'Id-ul-Fitr. (Muslim Book 006, Number 2534)

4)      Fasting without eating for other day without
uninterrupted fasting, (i.e. not taking meal or water between two fasts).

Ibn 'Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said that the Apostle of Allah (May Peace Be upon Him) forbade uninterrupted fasting. They (some of the Companions) said: You yourself fast uninterruptedly, whereupon he said: I am not like you. I am fed and supplied drink (by Allah)." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 183-188; Muslim Book 006, Number 2426).

PS: Post credit to Temptations. and Angel-Jot. from IF CC Team for asking and letting me write for you all.
PSS: You all are most welcome to share, no obligation.
PSSS: Thank you for reading, if you want to keep on reading my occasional posts, please add me in your buddy list. Edited by hukshila - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hukshila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
A SPECIAL REQUEST TO PRAY FOR MUSLIMS IN GHAZA PLEASE.

some informational posts, if any one is interested to read

Allah's Sacred Month Muharram

CANCER-Fighting Spice Reduces Tumors by 81%-EDITED

Historical Facts about Lupercalia (Valentine day)

Some Similarities between Islam and Sikhism

Miracles: Travel of Isra (Night Journey) and Miraj (Ascension)

In addition to the Title Multiplication of Rewards, Doing Umarah in Ramadn is equivalent  to do Hajj or Hajj with Prophet Mohammad Peace be Upon Him

Narrated by  Ibn 'Abbas (May Allah be pleased with Him " When the Prophet Mohammad Peace be Upon Him returned after performing his Hajj, he asked Um Sinan Al-Ansari, "What did forbid you to perform Hajj?" She replied, "Father of so-and-so (i.e. her husband) had two camels and he performed Hajj on one of them, and the second is used for the irrigation of our land." Prophet Peace be Upon Him said (to her), "Perform 'Umra in the month of Ramadan, (as it is equivalent to Hajj or Hajj with me (in reward)." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 29, Number 86 )

Breaking Fasting supplication which is mentioned in my post's  reference is Sunan Abi Dawood, Book of Fasting, Hadith #2357 & Sunan Abu Dawood, lil-Bani, P3, Hadith 2066. As it is GA now so I am mentioning reference here if any one is having confusion for it.

This siggi was made by Manal on my request for the thread of Ramadan 2012, just found it on some other site today so posting it again here.

Siggi made by MariaArHiholic , I am adding here

thank you maria for making it 😊

Edited by hukshila - 9 years ago
LifeOfTheParty thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Amazing thread ... loved very bit of it and every word

Ramadan Mubark everyone 🤗
Edited by -ExceptioalMe- - 9 years ago
Infinity. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Ramdaan Mubarak to everyone

Awesome Thread dear
-Aniisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ramzan Mubarak to everyone! 🤗

Awesome thread dear 👍🏼
...Ayesha... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow Jazakallah for such a beneficial post! Jazakallah for all the information! May Allah Bless you. May the light that we celebrate at Ramadan show us the way & lead us together on the path of peace & social harmony! Wish you happy Ramadan Mubarak

BerryBlush07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanxx alot for making this thread 🤗
Ramadan kareem to u too 🤗

Inshallah may Allah grant us mercy and Jannah . 
Sharif.Badmaash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Ramadan Kareem to all of you
-GayabCat- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
amazing thread
Ramdhan mubarak to all
MyDarkPassenger thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4