#FIFA 2014 BRAZIL [Germany v/s Algeria] Live Discussion - Page 79

Posted: 9 years ago

Players to Watch Out For

Lionel Messi (Argentina)

After celebrating his birthday on Tuesday, Lionel Messi ran out for his country to face Nigeria on Wednesday and duly scored for the third successive World Cup game"netting his third and fourth goals of the competition as he helped Argentina to a 3-2 win. Messi was in prime form throughout the group stage games but now the big games really begin"there can be no slip-ups if Argentina want to reach next month's final at the Maracana. To achieve that goal, Messi's team-mates will need to step up to the plate, as surely the Barcelona star cannot continue to make the difference every single game.

Xherdan Shaqiri (Switzerland)

Switzerland might not have the magic of Lionel Messi, but in Xherdan Shaqiri they have a player who is capable of producing the goods on the biggest stage of all. The former FC Basel star scored a stunning hat-trick to help his nation book a last-16 tie with Argentina , following Wednesday's 3-0 win over Honduras in Manaus. He is usually at the heart of everything that Swiss do in attack. He links brilliantly with the front man and has so far shown a lot of composure in front of goal. If Switzerland are to go further then Shaqiri will have to play a big part in this massive game.

Probable Starting Line-up (4-2-3-1): Romero (GK); Rojo, Garay, Fernandez, Zabaleta; Gago, Mascherano ; Di Maria, Messi, Lavezzi; Higuan
Probable Starting Line-up (4-2-3-1): Benaglio (GK); Lichtsteiner, Djourou, Schaar, Rodriguez; Inler, Behrami; Shaqiri, Xhaka, Mehmedi; Drmic
OYE koi toh aao to support my Argentina πŸ˜• πŸ˜†
Originally posted by ashdgr8

Me too supporting Argentina
count me in for Argentina πŸ˜› πŸ˜†
Go Messi 😎 πŸ₯³
Originally posted by ashdgr8

Right hereπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
I am only one who was today for Swic πŸ˜³ its really their bad luck, mean ARG haved more luck. Swic rocked game πŸ˜­
" As Drogba said one time dont always win better club. " 

I mean now national team.