World Cup so far...give ur views as well :)

ashdgr8 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
World Cup so far... has been Pink n Blue combination πŸ˜† u know what I am talking about right πŸ˜†

1. This WC belongs to GK's making spectacular saves every other night. Well, its another thing that most of these GK's  have been on the losing side even though they had tremendous game on the given day/nite but no one can deny their outstanding abilities. πŸ‘ making this WC a nightmare for strikers.

2. This WC has shown beyond any doubt that the gap between the minnows and so called Biggies have narrowed down tremendously. 😳 Gone are the days where goal feast was part of every WC.

3. The standard of refereeing has been just OKAY if not good I must say, whereas penalty decisions are concerned there has to be some thoughts about bringing in some new ideas like how Goal-Line Technology was introduced this WC n no guessing there it  has been a success as far as fair decisions are concerned.

4. Surprisingly, all the teams which topped their respective groups in group stages have made it to Quarter finals.

Lets continue this WC fever till it lasts  n do not forget to  give in your thoughts as well ...
Thanks πŸ‘πŸΌ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
the most unpredictable WC of my lifetime
BeingBlunt thumbnail
Well personally this world cup has been 2 thing for me:

1. Jinxing brilliant goalkeepers πŸ₯± 5 till now. πŸ˜†
2. Waking up all night and miss coaching next day. πŸ˜†

But on a tournament point of view it been the world cup of Goal keepers.
And also too much unpredictability. Only thing i found predictable was England failing as i heard a lot that Eng team are pathetic in WC's. πŸ˜†

SenpaiNOTICEME thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Coucou my ghee ki bhukkat πŸ€— See I commented πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Joking part otherwise yes , this WC made it a tough task for whoever expert in predictions , to keep guessing the name of Ultimate winner as some teams which we have underestimated their potential from depart gave us an unexpected slap and backstabbing response in reply by their unthought victory meanwhile teams which we have overestimated due to their previous great prestations , shocked as by their vulnerability and uncapacity which led them to loose , so in conclusion we all viewers are there bitting our nails , scratching our heads , rolling eyes and taping our front in head ache agacing "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG THIS YEAR?" , and surprisingly I just like it because predicting in advance is useless , like fooling yourself and is irritating for all , so better watch it by putting all those teams on equal term , on same sol without bargaining and comparing their competences and capacity though we are free to boost for which team we want , it makes it thrilling and much more enjoyable and interesting to watch ! To mention about a new innovation , I like the sort of whipped cream spraying of referees on the playground to indicate the limit for players πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Sort of white creamy froth and it erases itself in 5 mins without even dirtying the playground πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜† What an innovation ! And love the way players backward without any further quarrels when a referee sort it out , in disgust that they may soil their clean crampons πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  And finally for penalties , yes lots of referees on this WC sold themselves foolishly to those players who planned in advance to get the penalty out of frustration and panic that their nation may not be qualified for final so but the worst is unfairly , by these acts , some nations were eliminated and sent out of adventure when some of those still hold capacities and deserve to continue the game , that's really unfair ! Oh Jesus , I blabbered a lot but that's what you wanted na my bhukkat ghee πŸ˜ƒπŸ€£πŸ€£
FatehTejo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This WC was really suprise in everythings, u know as I am Bosnian I must tell his the worst thing in WC was refree from New Zeland xD enough to say that this was first time for them, I think Fifa should picks someone who know do this work. And national teams well big suprise. But must said GK in all teamsvare awesome special I must said Manuel Neuer who is king, that mean rocked. Thanks God that he is from Bayern Munchen so proud of him. Also GK from SWIC he is tooo good.

But as evreryone said small countries these WC been big suprise.

In the end I will add goo gooo Deutchland, InshAllah that u won this WC.
Edited by VildanaROSID - 9 years ago
Mr.Chief thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This WC has been an Underdog's World cup. So many of those teams that everyone thought would have failed did thrive in this competition eg Colombia,Costa Rica, Mexico,BelgiumπŸ‘ and vice versa; teams that everyone though would go on to win the World Cup were booted out early eg. Italy,Spain, Uruguay.πŸ€”

Goalkeepers are shining in this World Cup too. Some of them play like they are the entire defence combined like Mexico's GK, USA GK etcπŸ‘πŸΌ

Also the refereeing has been generally horrible in this competition.So many unfair decisions made by them😡

It has been an enjoyable WC so far though...full of tons of surprises.πŸ˜†I'll miss it when it's over

Nice post btw :)
Cloudy.Night thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
enjoyable and exciting world cup 😊 small team doing well in this world cupπŸ‘πŸΌ horrible refree...and must say Goalkeepers are shining in this world cup πŸ‘πŸΌ

nice thread Ash 😊 πŸ‘πŸΌ and congrtz Argentina in Quarter Final πŸ₯³
Sharif.Badmaash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I've enjoyed this World cup much more than the one's in 2006 & 2010 ( taking only group & RO16 games in account ) Did watched some games of 2002 ones but was too young to remember much from that one .

Really loved many matches in the group stage with Ghana-Germany one being my fav. & five of the eight games in the RO16 .

Brazil , Argentina have been  below par than i expected them to be in fimiliar conditions , France & Ned have been good , My fav. Germany have performed well in some matches & looked too casual in others.
 Spain's elimination & Costa Rica ,Chile & USA;s progress in the 2nd round came as a shock to me. Colombian team has been a big surprise package . I love watching their matches & especially their striker James Rodrigues who has been a star of this tournament . 

Interesting thing that happened is that all of my predictions regarding the result of the match has been spot on , 2 in the group stage ( GER-POR , MEX-BRA ) & all the games in super 8 stages πŸ˜† , lets see what happens now. 

Anyways , Want Germany to win , if not them then either France or Colombia . β­οΈ Edited by Sharif.Badmaash - 9 years ago
piggie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fifa experience..
well have been following FIFA since 2002.. 2010 actively following..
2014 crazily following..πŸ˜† All night the matches.. afternoon time reading all articles related to the game such has been my Fifa addiction this year😳

well this Fifa had started on a souring note for me as a Spain supporter still is the best FIFA so far.

The reasons so far has been: The goalkeepers..πŸ‘ truely said "Goalkeeper WC" ; "underdogs teams doing well: "Columbia"πŸ‘ ; unknown players : "Ochoa" "Origi" "T. Howard" etc. has made this FIFA even better.

Games so far:  group stages we have goals raining n in knockouts it became so scare all goals coming in only in extra time even for most obvious matches(read Arg v/s Swiss).

Hoping for matches to get even more interesting now that we are in QF n yepp for some surprises aswellπŸ˜‰

.P.S. Superb thread AshπŸ˜› 
Edited by piggie - 9 years ago
cute00ish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

πŸ˜†first of all nice thread ash

now coming to the topic

This is my first FIFA world cup where I was  so much engrossed and discussed ,Otherwise just during semifinal and finals and thattoo with my family and friends.

This FIFA is surely of underdog teams.
They had played really well better than the strong team.😳
And i was really impressed by goalkeeper (I guess allπŸ˜ƒ)
They were the real superstar of this tournament.
Here gk was superstar then FIFA has flopstar also which is none other than our own refrees .πŸ˜†
Agreeing with other members FIFA should really do regarding this issue , bcz it all depends on refree which can make one team win or loose

One more thing about this world cup is players controversy from saurez to robben they had all made profits for the media (mine also as I showcase my reporting skill).πŸ˜‰