India.....Super Power?

peaches thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi Guys!

In light of the recent progress taking place in India right now, I wish to post the following and obtain your feedbacks. 

India has made progress in every aspect.  Some of which include technology, fashion, media, politics, trade, foreign exchange, and business.  I think this is only scratching the surface.

In regards to the points made above, should India be considered a Super Power nation in today's date? Do you think we have the capabilities to be considered a Super Power, if not now maybe some time in the near future? If so, please state the reasons for your response.

If yes, in your opinion what are the positive aspects and strengths that India has now that it did not have in the past?

If no, in your opinion what are some of the negative aspects that are preventing us from reaching that status?

Thanks.

Peaches!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pj04 thumbnail

aaaahhhh.....i see that the topic has been on forum for sometime but no one wants to post thier views on it...i thought i might give it a try

firstly what is the criterion of being a superpower....

1)is it presence of great nuclear and millitary capabilities so that a country can boss over other countries........a number of countries own such capabilities including certain terrorist states. besides there is something very capitalist and colonist about the attitude of herding other countries into your imagination/expectation of the world.unfortunately india uses all its millitary power for peace and has tried to stick to policy of non-interference for a very long time. also with a number of terrorist factions operating inside the country, all its might is drained out internally ...where is the time to play dirty world politics unlike some other countries with colonist tendencies or religious fervour.

2)presence of latest technology and knowledge.....india is getting there but it will still be many years before the research facilities and brains are one of the best in the world. due to corruption and lack of funding most promising researchers have to move out to advanced countries like USA and UK. here they are showered with attention, facilities , appreciation and a more structured lifestyle(unlike india where they struggle with beauracratic corruption at every level).

3)economic presence and export levels.....india has started reinventing itself economically by working on its policies but the result of these changes will be reflected in far off future(assuming the political leaders do not use this opportunity to fill thier own coffers and leave the country struggling with more problems than ever). as for export levels , china still surpasses india by a large number.

in short...india has always had and still has the resources and the capabilities to make a mark in the world politics and have its presence felt around the globe. however such goal can only be achieved in a comparitively peaceful and fair environment. with issues like population, brain drain, corruption, political instability and terrorism taking its toll on the resources, india has a very hard road ahead.  

shaby7484 thumbnail

no, i dont feel india can be considered a super power.... yet

can india really be up there with UK USA etc...

the number of poor people in the country is massive, and the gap between poor and rich is also big...

also beaucracy corruption in government and all over india is another negative factor

india AND pakistan both can become powers becuase of their nuclear capabilities... but they can only get near to this stage if they are able to agree and live happily with one another so that the gov can start to spend money elsewhere and not all of it on defence!!!

garammaxala7726 thumbnail
INDIA IS A SUPER POWER....WE JUST DONT SHOW IT OFF CAUSE WE ARE MODEST UNLIKE THE WESTERNERS...(the funny thing is I live in a super power and im saying this)
shaby7484 thumbnail

the truth is.. there is only one superpower in the world today... and that is the USA!

then there are the power countries who can influence decisions there way,, such as UK FRANCE GERMANY JAPAN CHINA and even ISRAEL now

india still has alot of work to do domestically before they can get anywhere near the top countries

usachick821 thumbnail

corruption is a deadly element no matter what type of goverment rules a country, but in india's case, corruption is embedded into the blood and heart of the indian democracy.

The reason this is because we let old, self centered and greedy men who are obese and have no new ideas on how to make the country a better place for the future generations, instead they fill their pockets with dirty money and filthy bribes. If more younger people would run and try to make a difference, rather than just a chosen few, then india could truly turn into the utopia it once was before english rule.

India has all the aspects needed to become a super power, such as nuclear weapons, a strong military, navy, and a FEW strong leaders who want to make a difference. We could be great if we focused on getting rid of corruption, giving much needed aid to the poor, free public schools so that our literacy rate goes up, and a better chance at life to many unwanted people, only then can we ever even think of reaching a super power status.

INDIA IS GREAT, BUT IT COULD BE GREATER!

RUPALV22 thumbnail

India has all the potential to become  a superpower but doesn't have desire to-

I belive a strong citizen makes a strong nation.Is Indian growing stronger ?  With the decreasing tolerance to the adversity, growing dis satisfaction with himself -( socially,financially & morally), getting attracted to the western world blindly, growing vaccancies in the Army & lack of it in multinational companies, easy money changing life styles & misguided youth ...I doubt !

This attitude has been percolated from the  person to the Nation.We aren't conserving what we have & running after the mirage..! As u all said the corruption has invaded every cappilary & draining out our own resources for self centred intentions  instead of investing them in the nation's interests.Youth being impatient & running away out of frustration in search of recognition..Economy being focussed on certain class which can contribute nation in major way instead of being balanced to give even lower middle class a better future..unity & religious vulnerability  being used as execution of dirty political intentions in stead of taking advantage of their expertise to the economy.....all these come in way of our progress..!

Whereas positive side being our Brains , Dedication, Commitment ,Strong cultural heritage , Discipline & confidence.. if channelised properly by a true leader & willingful youth then certainly we stand in a very respected position at the Globe !!

charu_81 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

India is yet to become a super power...First thing is to uproot the corruption,needs educated,dynamic,selfless politicians.Brain Drain should be reduced by providing good opportunities in home land itself..

And in few years India will be a Super Power.I have read an article which stated that by 2025 India and China will be the superpowers.India is going to be ecnomically ,technologically,politically powerfull.I hope it happens soon.