Matt Donovan- Caught in a world where there is no escape

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago

okay i dont what inspired me to right a post on matt donovan😆 maybe i am really bored, 

first we were introduced to matt as a guy who would make any girls fall in love with him, he had a beautiful girlfriend  who also happens to be his best friend , a sister who is addict, an mom who is missing and a dad who is a mystery 😆. then the girl broke up with him because she found a mysterious guy  and his sister become missing because of his ex -girlfriend present boyfriend and his brother😭.

so what did he do he fell in love with a girl he would never have before had not elena broke up with him , caroline forbes who is the exact opposite of elena, yet he started to love her for who she is not because he was single, then life took another drastic turn caroline forbes becomes a vampire and completely changed according to his POV. he tried to work it out but caroline was so new to this whole vampire thing she cant risk his life hence decided to end it. the guy was single all over again. then as fate would have it he found out his sister is dead and is mom making out with his best friend.

but once caroline learned to adapt into this whole vampire things she wanted to try again but this time he found out she is a vampire and decided to end it while giving a long speech about how horrible is life his right now and how he cant add more complexity towards it.

now here comes what i wanted to share after the revelation of the existence of vampires and werewolves and what not all he ever wanted was to go back in time and remain completely unaware of this truth. so here begins matt journey of running away from the world he lives in and how he fails terribly each time he do so.

first he completely left his girlfreind and told sheriff forbes that he wants no part in it but his girlfriend is going to die today so what would any good man do try to save her, so armed with a shot gun with wooden bullets and little knowledge about the existence or strengths of vampire he marches in to try and save caroline but here he finds another shock of his life, not only is his girlfriend a vampire but his friend is a werewolf. so he decides after saving them thats the end of it he wont get involved in there life anymore.

but on account of knowing there existence he was used in all the fights of the vampire as a pawn with or without his consent, for eg remember the scene where they all decide to kill a original when they were linked matt was called too and when damon ask if he is ready or willing to kill , he answers with a rhetorical question " does he have a choice", while damon replies no he doesnt so most of his actions in season 3 were kind of forced without his consent.

then he met rebekkah an original vampire who was smitten by his boyish looks and most importantly a fact that he is human which makes him the perfect canditate for her so called fantasy version of normal life, he broke up with caroline because she was a vampire but was forced to go on a date with an original because he seems to have no choice or say in that matter.

then comes the mission to save elena, she was his friend so he did everything he was asked to do to help her 👏, till the very end he wanted to run away from this life so when opportunity provided a way he took elena and decides to go far away from this world of vampires and stuff, but little did he know about elena obsession with the vampire world , so when she found out the salvatore are dying she choose to turn back home, thus was an another turning point in his life, the girl who was madly crushing on him decided to kill elena and to survive and matt become a casulaty in a war he never wanted but stefan saved him instead of elena and there started the guilt trip of matt donovan for being the reason elena was a vampire.

in season 4 matt decided to make it up for elena hence he was the most active participant in the search for cure , the cure not only help elena to become human thus removing his guilt but also will pave way for a world of less vampires . A thought which made him very much happy.

since i didnt watch much of season 5 i hardly know how is character shaped up in the season but one thing i know he how much he hates the world of vampires , on the season finale he told jeremy 

"No one said killing the Travelers will get rid of this anti-magic thing, although Mystic Falls might be a half-decent place to live in again. No more vampire attacks or crazy blood rituals, you know? Safe like it used to be." - Matt donovan.

so in short that what he wants mystic falls to be free from vampires and stuff, he wants to live a normal life even if it means losing his best friend (tyler & bonnie), ex girlfriends and current friends ( caroline & elena). if matt loses this above the only sole companionship he has will be jeremy who is two years younger than him even then he wants a world free of vampires.

but unfortunately the truth is matt donovan can die but mystic falls will never get rid of supernatural so the best thing he can do is pack his bag and leave mystic falls then staying there😆

i am bored hence the long post 😭, sorry for boring you with it but do share what you think about matt donavan the one human in mystic falls who is so scared of becoming a vampire that he refuses to date a girl like rebekkah in fear she might change him one day or who bears pain instead of getting healed by vampire blood due to fear of turning into vampire and becoming part of a world he desperately wants to flee.

So trueee! Niceee post! I always felt poor Matt was just trapped in a labryinth filled with Vampires and supernatural beings. Elena and Jeremy were the only support but even Elena turned.

Jeremy still was one of the five, he still had some kind of power. Matt has nothing. How frightening would it be to stay amidst a sea of vampires knowing completely well that if even one loses their senses, he would just have his neck snapped off. (If not for the ring, he would've been dead ages ago).

And yeah agreed, I feel bad for him in every freaking episode. He is always used as a pawn for all the selfish missions of random witches or Vampires.

But yeahh, he has no choice I suppose. :P he has friends here, even though they are Vampires, he is still supposed to support them like how Elena killed herself to save Matt.
thanks for agreeing with me , yep he is a guy who cantr walk out from his friends when they ask for help. you have a elena was willing to die for him so him helping her in return was expected but then again elena has willing risked her life more than once so , she would have done it for everybody i suppose

also Matt was the person used to bring back elena humanity and poor guy getting is head snaped all the time.
I feel Matt is a very important character. He brings forth the idea of compassion and unconditional friendship and support. Although, he has no supernatural powers, he has enough inner power and enough strength to stand by his friends. But I do agree that he's nothing but a scapegoat most of the time for everyone. He gets pushed around and used when they feel like it.

He deserves better.
Originally posted by Angel-Jot.

I feel Matt is a very important character. He brings forth the idea of compassion and unconditional friendship and support. Although, he has no supernatural powers, he has enough inner power and enough strength to stand by his friends. But I do agree that he's nothing but a scapegoat most of the time for everyone. He gets pushed around and used when they feel like it.

He deserves better.

i agree Matt has been always an integral part of the show. he will always risk his life for his friends and stand by their decision even if he didnt feel like doing it.

but i do wish they gave him some importance in mystic falls. he is the only one stuck in mystic falls while every friend iof him go to college . because when we were introduced to him, elena told Matt had already made all the plans for their life like where would they go to college. so this guy had some plans about life but instead of living it he is stuck in mystic falls .