||~Sonnets From a Broken Pen~||

Posted: 9 years ago

"I have been and still am a seeker, but I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teaching my blood whispers to me."
-Hermann Hesse.

When viewed philosophically, life is nothing but a quest, spend in toil never ending, always confusing, subsequently cheating and still the thirst of some unknown salvation makes us live and cherish it, accept its challenges and when the day comes yearn to have lived a little more. A huge part of human life is spend in finding answers to all those questions that span through each day of its existence. And education plays the most important role in making these questions so vital and thus life so wanting. 

Today a world apart yet similar to us is fighting for the right to education, struggling to have a basis and learn the basics of this bewitching art. 
But one wonders as to how can something that was a compulsion in childhood, drag in teenage and horrendous in adulthood be a cause of happiness to anyone? It amazes the reality of the privileged section when children of this other world break down into tears of joy in the name of a school building. 
Is education a word with two different meanings?
We believe it's the treatment of this word that differs. When taken for granted, it becomes a boxed lifestyle, similar results and seldom surprising. But when taken as a right, it becomes fulfilling and needed, always growing and encouraging. 

We may be in the better place, living amongst the sky and walking on polished land but we have forgotten to honor that what brought this to us and to our land. While those to whom we call the third world may be far below under the sky and walk the crooked road know, that education is the bridge that will shorten all distances and mend all ways. This third world is not far away from us though, it exists in each nation. Whether developed or not, a part of all is still maimed by unfortune but is blessed by the passion of being educated.

What they lack is far less than what they have in their zest to be able to read and write. Where we have succumbed to the riches of someone else's passion of prosperity, they have seen the fate that education brings in the light of awe. We get educated and they seek education.
And today we will try and look a little further in their journey for it and how different it is from ours.

Regards,

credit:
18shabbo
Yuvika_15
xbeyondwordsx
-Amanat-
Angel-Jot.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" Nelson Mandela

We would take you through a voyage of hope,belief, passion and determination boarded by people who believe in sharing the treasure of education and hitchhiked by those who fear no rough seas.

Students sitting to give their exam in Afghanistan

Public education in Afghanistan is a recent concept. The education system of Afghanistan is thriving. However, there are still obstacles to education within the country due to lack of funding, unsafe school buildings, and cultural norms.
Here the Afghan students are giving their exams outside in the freezing cold due to the lack of infrastructure and supplies. Their passion for education does not falter as they continue their attempt for better education.   

Dongzhong Cave school, China
There's nothing unusual about this cave except for the fact that it served as a place for learning to the Miao people of China for several years. After being completely ignored by the Chinese government, the families struggled to run a school by themselves. 
Soon, the school had 8 teachers and went up to fourth grade with almost 200 students. However, the school was closed by the government stating that it made the education system of China look backward.

Boat School at Chalanbeel Region,Bangladesh
Many students miss out their school during monsoon season due to the heavy rainfall or flood in Bangladesh. They simply cannot attend the school even if the school was to remain open. 
If it weren't for the boats coming to pick up the children at their homes, young girls might not be able to attend the school at all as their parents would refuse to allow them to travel to the nearest government school considering the journey to be dangerous.

A free school under a bridge
Here are two teachers, or rather two unsung heroes, Rajesh Kumar Sharma and Laxmi Chandra who took the oath to educate the poor children without asking anything in return. Running a free school under a metro bridge in New Delhi, India for the past 3 years, they have recruited as many children from the nearby slum as they can and who were willing to be educated.

The children in return show immense keenness to learn and contribute in their teachers hard work by being diligent and also keeping the school compound clean. 

Children crossing a broken bride to reach school
Here, we see children are taking a perilous route to a school which is situated at Sanghiang Tanjung village in Lebak regency, Indonesia by using a broken suspended bridge. They are so enthusiastic about going to school that they are not even afraid of risking their lives whilst crossing this broken bridge.
This demonstrates their passion for seeking knowledge and fighting against all odds to attend their school.

"A child without education is like a bird without wings"

- Tibetan Proverb

Education is a human right, not a privilege. Access to education is a basic human right. But unfortunately, there are many who are deprived from this. And the reason behind it seems nothing more than pathetic excuses.

Sometimes the excuse can be one's social status and poverty and sometimes it can be the mind set of people who think education is not an essential ingredient to lead a happy life. Some deprive their girls from education as their main purpose in life is to stay at home rather than go out into the world and explore new things. But whatever the reason, is it really big enough to deprive a child from taking that first step to a better life?

Above, we highlighted a few examples of schools which have been set up across the globe to give that valuable gift to young children and of those students who value this gift- EDUCATION.

If we all just glance at them and compare their conditions and resources to those provided to us in our developed countries, we will realize just how lucky and privileged we are to be given the opportunity to gain knowledge and make a better future for ourselves. Yet how many of us, honestly value our education? Not many. Majority of us take it for granted.

Some of us find studying boring. Some are always complaining about the education system. Some of us bunk school/college lectures to go to watch the movies while some will prefer chatting and playing with friends rather than making use of the facilities that are available to improve our future. And this kind of behavior is always shown by people who have easy access to education. Why?

They say you do not realize the importance of something until it no longer exists in your life. Is that what it will take for us to realize the importance of education? Will we need to be deprived from it to learn of its importance? 
Will the above examples be an eye-opener for all of us to realize how privileged we are to be able to wake up in the morning and go to school?

"Educate a child, build a nation."

Just how true are these words. Our children will go on to become our future, so is it not our duty to ensure our future is bright and secure?
Indeed education is a gift which no one can take away. We may lose everything tomorrow, but our education will always remain with us. 

So value it
Treasure it
And promote education for a better tomorrow!

^  Very much informative thread! 👏
Great job by u, CC's! 👏
I am not telling this because i am a CC but this has to be the most beautiful thread by the CCs... I love every bit of it... awesome job 👏
Beautiful work guyz! RAD team always comes out with the best threads!
thanx for posting!!
woww!!
that was actually something worth reading!!
Touched me loads!!
love,
Mohini<3
Thank you for this beautiful and informative thread .I am a teacher and I wish that all my students can understand this. I will certainly share this with my two young sons, from time to time they need to be reminded of how privileged they are to get an education and that education is the key to a better future.
Once again, thank you guys for your effort and time taken to make this thread . A job well done. ⭐️
Gorgeous Thread guys! It was interesting.
I don't usually go on Crazy Creative Threads unless it's some contest. But I clicked on it as its title intrigued me. But I gotta say, this is a really beautiful thread. Hats of Crazy Creative Team!