Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tamanna1391 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
nice episode nakku dancing kala thinking slap is making her plan successful too bad 
-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hello hammie,  thank God n ofcourse yuvika 

Naku asked for it,  it was a shameful act by naku whatever be the motive behind her moves..  woh bhi sabke saamne,  apne kamre mein karke dikhaye toh pata chalta ๐Ÿ˜†    Badi seductres ban rahi thi๐Ÿ˜›Dutta if he hadnt cared for her would have easily slipped out of the party or totally ignored naku.  But he was deeply ashamed n affected by her cheap antics n it was a surprise for a man who,s trigger happy stopping at one resounding slap.  
Thank you hammie,  its a double treat now with naila,s boom boom comments, grt goin you two ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@naila.,  thank you naila for such an entertaining comment,  you spice up the written update.. also rightly pointing the highs n lows ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Edited by -bharti- - 9 years ago
goody2shoes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hello 
Couple of things, before I jump into the next update;
1) Kishore: I understand he is a goody2shoes type of character (Ohh the irony lol) and I do like him for that. In fact it was lovely to see the couple of episodes in during the jungle stint and post it, when Kishore found his voice and spoke up; his banter with Kala was spot on as was his stint as the angel on Dutta's shoulder as against the devil on Dutta's shoulder (who is of course his darling sister) I loved watching them both pulling out all they could to convince Dutta and of course Kishore won. BUT my biggest issue with LTL - actually I should be fair here and say MOST TV shows is that all good characters are one dimensional. Seriously, unless you are the protagonist or antagonist, let's face it none of the characters have any depth. There are no complicated layers-heck there are no layers at all. And you don't need me to tell you that, that is as far removed from reality as possible. Human nature and instinct disenables us from being one dimensional. I'm not saying that the 'goody' type characters should have negative shades, but that a flaw or two would not go amiss. In fact that's the reality, everyone has a flaw. EVEN the main characters-you're all smart enough to work out the flaws of Dutta and Naku, even Kala has a flaw. That is why people enjoy watching them. So keep him good, keep him as the shining beacon but for the love of television please give him something, because currently he is coming off as nothing more than a glorified piece of furniture.

2) Baji/Mads: OK I actually don't want them hooking up. Well not until we see more of Madhu and some character development. She is currently very bland. It's not the actresses fault, it's the writing. Now Hammie pointed out to me that this storyline-currently being shown coincided with the Mishal leaving rumour mill. (Again I have no idea what happened so I shan't comment on that) BUT I do have this to say. Now if that was the backdrop, and at the time the producers only cared about TRPS then seriously fire them now. Because quite clearly they do not know how to run a show.

TRP literally is the number of viewing figures right? Television across the globe is obsessed with it. Rightly so, it brings the money in. With no money, no show. Cynical as that sounds that's how it works. But riddle me this. Why do people watch TV? it's a rhetorical question, we all have our own reasons. SO narrow it down to daily soaps? Now here a few of the answers would range from: escaping our own reality to lusting of actors (actresses), to even some people being drawn into the story (yes shockingly that can happen) so if that is the basis, what should a GOOD tv show have as it's foundation? In my opinion there are three core pillars: 1) The concept: ie what is the idea, here we had an attempt to break the 'colour of skin' steroetype (which at times faltered and had me like OMG what are you doing. But mostly worked. Even I have to give them that) 2) Story/plot: Now this is the make and break all of silverscreen and TV shows, it's all wonderful to have a concept but if you cannot execute it well, then pretty much: sucks for you. Unfortunately to me it is this part that most soaps fail on, why? Because they get too caught up with what they assume sells. (I'll get back to this) 3) Characters: unless your characters draw in the audience, it doesn't matter if you have the most fascinating show no one will watch. WHy? because either they cannot relate to the character or because (which is the case with most of them on LTL) you haven't built them enough to garner any emotions from the audience. The end result being apathy. 

I mentioned that the story plot is where most producers fall down. And that is true, it was on LTL too (as we will see further down the line) the producers fell into the trap of 'Oh look everyone loves the chemistry between Mishal and Mahi so let's just throw their scenes as flashbacks in their face'...now that would be great when we want to fangirl over the ship, but not in every bloomin' episode. We have a brain, we're not all pre-teens gushing over the romance. Give us a story even if it isn't associated with the main characters-because the reality is, that although this show is based on the premise of the love between two characters, most of us if not all have other characters we root for. (Baji, Kala, etc) we enjoy watching them. Now it's interesting I gave those two examples because of the remaining characters (taking Tasha out of it) it is Baji and kala who are the most developed. See my point? Development = bigger audience. 

I just want to add as a small example Roops. Now there was a character with immence potential. Post Kala's eviction from PN, we saw a different side to her. We saw, as she rightly is (A young adult? Is she 19ish?) who was majorly conflicted. On the one hand is her brother who she grew up with and was most close too Vs her sister who in every way is her role model. And you cannot fault Roops for that, most of us with sisters (depending on your relationship) would feel that bond and respect for your older sister, we do see them as our second mothers of some sort, especially when there is a considerable age gap (which I am assuming here? Kala being the eldest, and Roops being quite younger than Dutta?) SO Roops feeling like her sister's were the best thing since sliced bread followed their every move, she plotted she schemed she did the lot. But then, as she came to realise something was amiss. She did love her brother, and she knew how much he loved her. Were we possibly seeing a change of heart? as someone watching the show I liked to see that change, I enjoyed watching her struggle between what she knew was right and what she thought was right. WHy? because that is human nature, we all have a moral compass, her's was being shaped for her all these years, and with Kala out of the picture she finally got the chance to think for herself. And she did. Resulting in a new side to her. I'm not saying she became a complete angel, she didn't. It takes a lot more than that when it comes to redemption. But that character development was enjoyable...

BUT

for some unknown reason the writers decided, hey you know what we're lazy, let's go back to how things were, with Kala and her faithful tail. and ever since, Roops has gone back into the backgorund. Forgotten somewhat.

Shame, really. 

3) SOngs: Do Rishtey do this a lot? change the song which originally aired with another? I saw a few clips on youtube, (ok why lie I saw DUtta clips, to be more specific Mishal ones, because I genuinely do think this guy can act-which cannot be said for most actors) and I noted that too, often the song would change. I'm guessing this a copyright thing? 

ok, I was supposed to comment on the actual episode but as you can see I got carried away...may be I should open up new threads to discuss these issues that bug me LOL.

I'll comment on the episode in another post, to save you from reading it all in one go :) 

Bharti- I'm happy rants prove enjoyable to you LOL

goody2shoes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OK phew,
The episode now:

YES YES YES HAmmie thank you for saying that, I honestly felt so annoyed it was a complete waste, all of that recap? Why?

so really there was only one pivotal moment: the party.

The guests and Suds: I nearly always tune out these added extra's, but something they said struck a chord with me. (I'm thinking of making a separate thread about it, I may in a day or two...) SO I'll leave that there for now.

Baji and Madhu: I like that she hasn't gelled with the trio. She seems to have formed a bond with NAku and Baji, that keeps things real, considering how she is quite similar to them (again I say that tentatively since we have not seen much of her) 

Bhua enters: Seriously this guy get's more entries than a bride on her big day. Now Naku wasn't in this scene, but even if she were I wouldn't be able to tell who was more happy at seeing him- for some reason looking at Baji's face I can't help but shake the song "Aaye ho tum meri zindagi mein bahar banke" - Make of that what you will ;)

Kala: What a meethi churi (sweet knife) you are: Until I read your update Hammie I hadn't realised that the guest inquiring about his wife was indeed a pawn in Kala's game. good going. On which note I want to add, do none of his guests find it mildly amusing that Dutta seemed to have swapped wives? If they were invited to the wedding they saw dusky Naku and today suddenly we see a fair maiden? HUH? That would my concern if I was a guest...I guess we're not supposed to pick up on that.

the drink: My mum was the first to point out that Naku's drink changed. We saw Kala add the substance to an orange drink, yet when Naku drinks (In one gulp too, wow was she thirsty) it seems as though she is drinking red sharbat. I guess that should be a our first port of call, for tomorrow episode with the aftermath. 

Slap: Ok, so I see why Naku did what she did, but I couldn't help but laugh, Dutta man your party was boring you should be thanking Naku for adding some spice. not only his your wife pretty but her hips don't lie! ;) 

Interesting point about choosing his brother in law over Baji to raise the toast. I hadn't thought of it like that, but it does make sense. The whole point of this party was to show solidarity to show the world "hum saath saath hain" so yeah picking him made sense. As to Baji being jealous, I rec he would have IF things were normal between him and Dutta, but since they aren't I don't think he is jealous, but rather hurt. And that is more natural. It is yet another reminder to baji of what he lost. 

Agreed on the slap front. I cannot condone violence in any shape way or form, but as we will see tomorrow, it had a hidden agenda. Again I don't accept it was right, but the context, the story the culture and the time all enable it to be understood somewhat. 

Thank you Hammie :) 
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tamanna1391

nice episode nakku dancing kala thinking slap is making her plan successful too bad 
hi tammy , yes kala ka plan back fired..  but she will never learn.. thanks for reading and commenting. much love hammie 

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -bharti-

Hello hammie,  thank God n ofcourse yuvika
hi bart๐Ÿ˜Š good to see you..

Naku asked for it,  it was a shameful act by naku whatever be the motive behind her moves..  woh bhi sabke saamne,  apne kamre mein karke dikhaye toh pata chalta ๐Ÿ˜†    Badi seductres ban rahi thi๐Ÿ˜›  i know.. kamra mein tu try kiya tha dutta ke saath when she fell against his hairy chest! accidently๐Ÿ˜›

Dutta if he hadnt cared for her would have easily slipped out of the party or totally ignored naku.  But he was deeply ashamed n affected by her cheap antics n it was a surprise for a man who,s trigger happy stopping at one resounding slap.  
Thank you hammie,  its a double treat now with naila,s boom boom comments, grt goin you two ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@naila.,  thank you naila for such an entertaining comment,  you spice up the written update.. also rightly pointing the highs n lows ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
yeah naila doing great job..  i was wondering  where she was..  yesterday..but goody goody back with two  posts. wah! ji wah!  
thanks for  reading and commenting bart.  chk naila ke comments  much love hammie

jedy25 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi hamlet
superb ud...chaskar & kala plotting in btwn naku & dutta's misunderstanding

Edited by jedy25 - 9 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Originally posted by: goody2shoes

Hello 

1) Kishore: I understand he is a goody2shoes type of character (Ohh the irony lol) and I do like him for that. In fact it was lovely to see the couple of episodes in during the jungle stint and post it, when Kishore found his voice and spoke up; his banter with Kala was spot on as was his stint as the angel on Dutta's shoulder as against the devil on Dutta's shoulder (who is of course his darling sister) I loved watching them both pulling out all they could to convince Dutta and of course Kishore won. BUT my biggest issue with LTL - actually I should be fair here and say MOST TV shows is that all good characters are one dimensional. Seriously, unless you are the protagonist or antagonist, let's face it none of the characters have any depth. There are no complicated layers-heck there are no layers at all. And you don't need me to tell you that, that is as far removed from reality as possible. Human nature and instinct disenables us from being one dimensional. I'm not saying that the 'goody' type characters should have negative shades, but that a flaw or two would not go amiss. In fact that's the reality, everyone has a flaw. EVEN the main characters-you're all smart enough to work out the flaws of Dutta and Naku, even Kala has a flaw. That is why people enjoy watching them. So keep him good, keep him as the shining beacon but for the love of television please give him something, because currently he is coming off as nothing more than a glorified piece of furniture.
kishore..has righteous anger.. but  his folly for a peaceful life is to keep mum .. for anay's sake..  he is not forceful enough.. to curb her down.. so  comes across as a bit of  henpecked husband

2) Baji/Mads: OK I actually don't want them hooking up. Well not until we see more of Madhu and some character development. She is currently very bland. It's not the actresses fault, it's the writing. Now Hammie pointed out to me that this storyline-currently being shown coincided with the Mishal leaving rumour mill. (Again I have no idea what happened so I shan't comment on that) BUT I do have this to say. Now if that was the backdrop, and at the time the producers only cared about TRPS then seriously fire them now. Because quite clearly they do not know how to run a show.
well its common that when main leads decide to pack it in.. tracks have to be tweaked.. also to neatly dispose of existing leads.. kill/kidnap him/her and then intro the new lead..  in the name of the old one..
TRP literally is the number of viewing figures right? Television across the globe is obsessed with it. Rightly so, it brings the money in. With no money, no show. Cynical as that sounds that's how it works. But riddle me this. Why do people watch TV? it's a rhetorical question, we all have our own reasons. SO narrow it down to daily soaps? Now here a few of the answers would range from: escaping our own reality to lusting of actors (actresses), to even some people being drawn into the story (yes shockingly that can happen) so if that is the basis, what should a GOOD tv show have as it's foundation? In my opinion there are three core pillars: 1) The concept: ie what is the idea, here we had an attempt to break the 'colour of skin' steroetype (which at times faltered and had me like OMG what are you doing. But mostly worked. Even I have to give them that) 2) Story/plot: Now this is the make and break all of silverscreen and TV shows, it's all wonderful to have a concept but if you cannot execute it well, then pretty much: sucks for you. Unfortunately to me it is this part that most soaps fail on, why? Because they get too caught up with what they assume sells. (I'll get back to t his) 3) Characters: unless your characters draw in the audience, it doesn't matter if you have the most fascinating show no one will watch. WHy? because either they cannot relate to the character or because (which is the case with most of them on LTL) you haven't built them enough to garner any emotions from the audience. The end result being apathy. 
well pointed out..  have to say that .. in the serial world of kitchen politics...LTL was a complete show in terms of  romance,  conspiracy,  action[which i loved]  drama, conflict, and   sound charaterisation of major   roles supported by some minor roles.. and what you pointed..  it has universal appeal for the main protagonist..
I mentioned that the story plot is where most producers fall down. And that is true, it was on LTL too (as we will see further down the line) the producers fell into the trap of 'Oh look everyone loves the chemistry between Mishal and Mahi so let's just throw their scenes as flashbacks in their face'...now that would be great when we want to fangirl over the ship, but not in every bloomin' episode. We have a brain, we're not all pre-teens gushing over the romance. Give us a story even if it isn't associated with the main characters-because the reality is, that although this show is based on the premise of the love between two characters, most of us if not all have other characters we root for. (Baji, Kala, etc) we enjoy watching them. Now it's interesting I gave those two examples because of the remaining characters (taking Tasha out of it) it is Baji and kala who are the most developed. See my point? Development = bigger audience.
yep true say..

I just want to add as a small example Roops. Now there was a character with immence potential. Post Kala's eviction from PN, we saw a different side to her. We saw, as she rightly is (A young adult? Is she 19ish?) who was majorly conflicted. On the one hand is her brother who she grew up with and was most close too Vs her sister who in every way is her role model. And you cannot fault Roops for that, most of us with sisters (depending on your relationship) would feel that bond and respect for your older sister, we do see them as our second mothers of some sort, especially when there is a considerable age gap (which I am assuming here? Kala being the eldest, and Roops being quite younger than Dutta?) SO Roops feeling like her sister's were the best thing since sliced bread followed their every move, she plotted she schemed she did the lot. But then, as she came to realise something was amiss. She did love her brother, and she knew how much he loved her. Were we possibly seeing a change of heart? as someone watching the show I liked to see that change, I enjoyed watching her struggle between what she knew was right and what she thought was right. WHy? because that is human nature, we all have a moral compass, her's was being shaped for her all these years, and with Kala out of the picture she finally got the chance to think for herself. And she did. Resulting in a new side to her. I'm not saying she became a complete angel, she didn't. It takes a lot more than that when it comes to redemption. But that character development was enjoyable...
 i loved her bro/ sis    feeling with dutta .. he thought of her as his baby sis..   but roops like every thing in that house is guile...  untrustworthy.
BUT

for some unknown reason the writers decided, hey you know what we're lazy, let's go back to how things were, with Kala and her faithful tail. and ever since, Roops has gone back into the backgorund. Forgotten somewhat.

Shame, really. 

3) SOngs: Do Rishtey do this a lot? change the song which originally aired with another? I saw a few clips on youtube, (ok why lie I saw DUtta clips, to be more specific Mishal ones, because I genuinely do think this guy can act-which cannot be said for most actors) and I noted that too, often the song would change. I'm guessing this a copyright thing? 
yes dutta's songs which mishal fans loved were changed by RISH..   pat aehi why?
ok, I was supposed to comment on the actual episode but as you can see I got carried away...may be I should open up new threads to discuss these issues that bug me LOL.

I'll comment on the episode in another post, to save you from reading it all in one go :) 

Bharti- I'm happy rants prove enjoyable to you LOL
loved your comments  naila.. cheers for  livening up things on this thread.., i am sure people are loving your views  ๐Ÿ‘ much love hammie

-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Hello 

1) Kishore: I understand he is a goody2shoes type of character (Ohh the irony lol) and I do like him for that. In fact it was lovely to see the couple of episodes in during the jungle stint and post it, when Kishore found his voice and spoke up; his banter with Kala was spot on as was his stint as the angel on Dutta's shoulder as against the devil on Dutta's shoulder (who is of course his darling sister) I loved watching them both pulling out all they could to convince Dutta and of course Kishore won. BUT my biggest issue with LTL - actually I should be fair here and say MOST TV shows is that all good characters are one dimensional. Seriously, unless you are the protagonist or antagonist, let's face it none of the characters have any depth. There are no complicated layers-heck there are no layers at all. And you don't need me to tell you that, that is as far removed from reality as possible. Human nature and instinct disenables us from being one dimensional. I'm not saying that the 'goody' type characters should have negative shades, but that a flaw or two would not go amiss. In fact that's the reality, everyone has a flaw. Rightly said n thats the very reason i liked dutta.  He was a seriously flawed character.  He had no qualms taking lives, a criminal, a raging bull, trigger happy, woman beater, an atheist yet craved for eternal love, loyalty, honesty.  He didnt think twice in kicking his father which is a big no no.  Naku too was flawed, she was a weak character used n abused.  It wasnt her goodnes that prompted her to keep her dark secrets with the man she luvd.  Kala thou was the perfect villain, vampire, the ravishing sophisticated suave sweet talking back stabber.  EVEN the main characters-you're all smart enough to work out the flaws of Dutta and Naku, even Kala has a flaw. That is why people enjoy watching them. So keep him good, keep him as the shining beacon but for the love of television please give him something, because currently he is coming off as nothing more than a glorified piece of furniture.

2) Baji/Mads: OK I actually don't want them hooking up. Well not until we see more of Madhu and some character development. She is currently very bland. It's not the actresses fault, it's the writing. Now Hammie pointed out to me that this storyline-currently being shown coincided with the Mishal leaving rumour mill. (Again I have no idea what happened so I shan't comment on that) BUT I do have this to say. Now if that was the backdrop, and at the time the producers only cared about TRPS then seriously fire them now. Because quite clearly they do not know how to run a show.  Ooh thats an understatement, they mercilessly killed their own golden goose, butchered the characters, twisted the plots just to satisfy a few egoistic men in control of the show who had serious issues with mishal,s popularity n whose egos were bigger than mt everest.

TRP literally is the number of viewing figures right? Television across the globe is obsessed with it. Rightly so, it brings the money in. With no money, no show. Cynical as that sounds that's how it works. But riddle me this. Why do people watch TV? it's a rhetorical question, we all have our own reasons. SO narrow it down to daily soaps? Now here a few of the answers would range from: escaping our own reality to lusting of actors (actresses), to even some people being drawn into the story (yes shockingly that can happen) so if that is the basis, what should a GOOD tv show have as it's foundation? In my opinion there are three core pillars: 1) The concept: ie what is the idea, here we had an attempt to break the 'colour of skin' steroetype (which at times faltered and had me like OMG what are you doing. But mostly worked. Even I have to give them that) 2) Story/plot: Now this is the make and break all of silverscreen and TV shows, it's all wonderful to have a concept but if you cannot execute it well, then pretty much: sucks for you. Unfortunately to me it is this part that most soaps fail on, why? Because they get too caught up with what they assume sells. (I'll get back to this) 3) Characters: unless your characters draw in the audience, it doesn't matter if you have the most fascinating show no one will watch. WHy? because either they cannot relate to the character or because (which is the case with most of them on LTL) you haven't built them enough to garner any emotions from the audience. The end result being apathy.   Actually the show got caught in unecessary controversies, rumours flying thick n fast after JMM1, up until then it was going brilliant.  They failed to build upon the sucess,   by then mishal had captured so many hearts people refused to give up on the show.  The chatacter was so powerful n strong n popular that the makers decided to cut it to size by excessively promoting concentrating on kala.  It was nauseating after a while.  Infact mishal was neglected n relegated to a poor second third or non existent many times.

I mentioned that the story plot is where most producers fall down. And that is true, it was on LTL too (as we will see further down the line) the producers fell into the trap of 'Oh look everyone loves the chemistry between Mishal and Mahi so let's just throw their scenes as flashbacks in their face'...now that would be great when we want to fangirl over the ship, but not in every bloomin' episode. We have a brain, we're not all pre-teens gushing over the romance. Give us a story even if it isn't associated with the main characters-because the reality is, that although this show is based on the premise of the love between two characters, most of us if not all have other characters we root for. (Baji, Kala, etc) we enjoy watching them. Now it's interesting I gave those two examples because of the remaining characters (taking Tasha out of it) it is Baji and kala who are the most developed. See my point? Development = bigger audience.   The original storyline was binned when they realised mishal wouldnt stick longer than already agreed upon.  He had extended his contract thrice after the deadline by which the CVs couldnt come up neither with a suitable replacement nor the continuity of the original.  They couldnt stick to end dutta,s life even as enraged fans went berserk n trps plummetted.  They decided to bring him back but the dillydallying continued, fans totally in dark as to the future of their pet show.  Amidst all this mishal,s name was being tarnished by some vested interest just to salvage the show minus mishal or maybe to get even with him.  Fans were fed with rumours every day all portraying mishal as a tantrum thrower, attention seeker,  etc..  mishal was obviously shocked n had in many interviews bared his heart out.  He always seemed genuine and consistent with his statements, infact to me he came across as naive n ignorant of the ways of  telly world, sigh !

I just want to add as a small example Roops. Now there was a character with immence potential. Post Kala's eviction from PN, we saw a different side to her. We saw, as she rightly is (A young adult? Is she 19ish?) who was majorly conflicted. On the one hand is her brother who she grew up with and was most close too Vs her sister who in every way is her role model. And you cannot fault Roops for that, most of us with sisters (depending on your relationship) would feel that bond and respect for your older sister, we do see them as our second mothers of some sort, especially when there is a considerable age gap (which I am assuming here? Kala being the eldest, and Roops being quite younger than Dutta?) SO Roops feeling like her sister's were the best thing since sliced bread followed their every move, she plotted she schemed she did the lot. But then, as she came to realise something was amiss. She did love her brother, and she knew how much he loved her. Were we possibly seeing a change of heart? as someone watching the show I liked to see that change, I enjoyed watching her struggle between what she knew was right and what she thought was right. WHy? because that is human nature, we all have a moral compass, her's was being shaped for her all these years, and with Kala out of the picture she finally got the chance to think for herself. And she did. Resulting in a new side to her. I'm not saying she became a complete angel, she didn't. It takes a lot more than that when it comes to redemption. But that character development was enjoyable...  WORD !!  

BUT

for some unknown reason the writers decided, hey you know what we're lazy, let's go back to how things were, with Kala and her faithful tail. ๐Ÿ˜†  you put this so well.  and ever since, Roops has gone back into the backgorund. Forgotten somewhat.

Shame, really. 

Bharti- I'm happy rants prove enjoyable to you LOL. 

Naila, once again you put things into perspective but unfortunately nothing matters here as long as they have their trps, shockingly enuf we have audiences drooling over shows which any sensible viewer wouldnt give a second glance, thats the sad part.  Overall LTL 1 had set the bar high in many ways,  but to our dismay it was all lost in the politics of the bad bad bad world of tv business.   Edited by -bharti- - 9 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail

OK phew,   hellooo ek bar phir

The episode now:

YES YES YES HAmmie thank you for saying that, I honestly felt so annoyed it was a complete waste, all of that recap? Why?

so really there was only one pivotal moment: the party.

The guests and Suds: I nearly always tune out these added extra's, but something they said struck a chord with me. (I'm thinking of making a separate thread about it, I may in a day or two...) SO I'll leave that there for now.

Baji and Madhu: I like that she hasn't gelled with the trio. She seems to have formed a bond with NAku and Baji, that keeps things real, considering how she is quite similar to them (again I say that tentatively since we have not seen much of her) 
chatty, humourous , easy going...  evil trio have this we are no riff raffs!
Bhua enters: Seriously this guy get's more entries than a bride on her big day. Now Naku wasn't in this scene, but even if she were I wouldn't be able to tell who was more happy at seeing him- for some reason looking at Baji's face I can't help but shake the song "Aaye ho tum meri zindagi mein bahar banke" - Make of that what you will ;)
i think by now the PH.. KNEW KE YE AADMI SELLS.. usp of LTL..
Kala: What a meethi churi (sweet knife) you are: Until I read your update Hammie I hadn't realised that the guest inquiring about his wife was indeed a pawn in Kala's game. good going. On which note I want to add, do none of his guests find it mildly amusing that Dutta seemed to have swapped wives? If they were invited to the wedding they saw dusky Naku and today suddenly we see a fair maiden? HUH? That would my concern if I was a guest...I guess we're not supposed to pick up on that.
HAAN i didn't think of that.. but  one of the guy says something about naku's beauty secret.
the drink: My mum was the first to point out that Naku's drink changed. We saw Kala add the substance to an orange drink, yet when Naku drinks (In one gulp too, wow was she thirsty) it seems as though she is drinking red sharbat. I guess that should be a our first port of call, for tomorrow episode with the aftermath. 
haan she gulped it down.. throat must be dry..dutta se ju no lift mile!
Slap: Ok, so I see why Naku did what she did, but I couldn't help but laugh, Dutta man your party was boring you should be thanking Naku for adding some spice. not only his your wife pretty but her hips don't lie! ;) 
๐Ÿคฃ   i thought only i noticed  and looked away
Interesting point about choosing his brother in law over Baji to raise the toast. I hadn't thought of it like that, but it does make sense. The whole point of this party was to show solidarity to show the world "hum saath saath hain" so yeah picking him made sense. As to Baji being jealous, I rec he would have IF things were normal between him and Dutta, but since they aren't I don't think he is jealous, but rather hurt. And that is more natural. It is yet another reminder to baji of what he lost. 

Agreed on the slap front. I cannot condone violence in any shape way or form, but as we will see tomorrow, it had a hidden agenda. Again I don't accept it was right, but the context, the story the culture and the time all enable it to be understood somewhat. 
me have  talked  more about this in next UD..
Thank you Hammie :) Look thanks for  both your comments.. bart too has replied to your discussion wala comment.. much love   hammie traaa..