congratulations on new thread...

looking forward to the next chapter...
angel0912 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Congo gor new thread waiting for update 
russelskhushi thumbnail
congrats dear... cant wait for next update..
niti.kumari thumbnail
congrats...continue soon :)
ShiningHearts thumbnail
Congrats on New Thread.:D
sanayairanifana thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Congratulations!
Update soon
shalunsarun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hey im just singing the waiting song!!
uv-crazyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Last week, I got a new story idea and I penned it down as an OS. Please do read it and tell me your opinions about it.

OS: Tere Liye :https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4103376

Coming back to YSZ, this update might look like a filler update but it is a very crucial chapter. This particular chapter is going to start a sudden series of events which will progress the story further but don't worry I am here to explain everything if anyone gets confused.

ArHi FF: Yeh Saali Zindagi

Chapter 20

In the morning, Khushi had anticipated the day to be spent in lengthy discussions with Aman and quiet meal times with Manyata and Arnav but damn, she couldn't be more wrong.

Never in her dreams, wildest dreams had she thought that her husband would be kissing her today. Okay it wasn't exactly a kiss. It was mere a peck on her cheek. But she would be lying if she said that it didn't affect her a bit.

At the end of the day, she had arrived home with the hope of spending a peaceful evening with her daughter. But everything she hadn't expected has happened.

She hadn't expected her husband to be there for dinner along with his best friend but they were here.

When she had first met Manyata, she knew the girl is extraordinary but the extent of her intelligence was known to her tonight only.

She didn't expect Manyata to pick up the newly formed tension between her and Arnav but she did.

And she certainly didn't expect Manyata to order her husband to patch things up between them. She didn't wish for an apology from her husband nor the damned kiss and make up act in front of others but her daughter made sure of it.

And what the hell was that quivery, shy burst of bubble she felt in the pit of her stomach when Arnav closed the distance between them?

By any means, she didn't even want to think about what had happened when his firm yet soft lips brushed against her cheek lightly like a caress, sweet and warm. Maybe it was her illusion but she felt his touch possessive and full of heat.

On top of that, she committed the mistake of glancing in his eyes. She wasn't a fool to not recognize that sudden awakening of desire glinting in them.

If Manyata and Shyam wouldn't have been there, she would have pushed Arnav away, afraid of all the things happening to her which hit close to home. Of all the sensations she read about as a teenager in those mills and boon novels.

She didn't know how she was supposed to react to the kiss. She wasn't nave enough to blush or worse run away, neither she had the heart to glare at her husband in disapproval.

So she sat there, quiet like her husband when Manyata clapped her hands and shouted "Thanks, Daddy."

Rudely snapped from her thoughts, Khushi turned towards her daughter and smiled, listening to her talking about the past events when she had made her father apologize to her.

At the back of her mind, Khushi registered that it was quite late and she needed to tell Arnav all about her plans lest Aman started calling her to leave the house for the same.

Gesturing their housekeeper to clean the table, Khushi grabbed Manyata's hand and announced that it's time for her to sleep. Reluctantly, Manyata stood up from her chair, bidding good night to Shyam and Arnav before taking her hand.

As Khushi started walking toward Arnav's room, she suddenly became aware of her husband's hungry eyes following her every movement, making her anticipate something she didn't know clearly.

Anuj Raizada always estimated everything in one word- power. Power to make people bend according to his will. To make his children obey to his every wish. To expect respect, fear from everyone around him.

The power to make impossible happen.

He wanted all of it to show his dead father that he is not a loser like he assumed him to be. That he didn't need to remember the moral lessons his father taught him.

To prove that power and money can make adjustments for everything else such as values, principles and emotions.

Anuj Raizada liked to win to be free of the wretched hold that his father still had on him, after being dead for more than a decade. Still, he could hear his harsh voice, reprimanding him and shredding his character into pieces without any ounce of regret.

His father never had been happy for him lest being there for him whenever he fell down and needed support. His father had thought that his money can take care of everything.

Anuj Raizada never knew emotions like love, care, happiness. For him, everything was valued in monetary terms and that was the only way he knew and through which he lived his life.

He married to acquire a wife the society approved of. He started his family as he needed an heir to whom he could leave everything like his own father did. An heir he wanted to train ever since he was a kid.

He started his own political party for only one reason. It gave him unlimited access to power, money and mind games he loved to play.

Still he wasn't done. He wanted something, something he didn't know. Something that might curb his insane urge of taking control of everyone's life he was related to through blood.

What he didn't need were emotions. They were messy, complicated and ran beyond logics.

He felt strange whenever people accused him of being heartless, of never caring about feelings of other people when no one cared about him. Ever.

He has been a very selfish man and he was proud of it. Being generous, forgiving and loving for anyone was so not his forte.

He always boasted about the success of his plans, his power and money. He took pride in being manipulative.

But today, he was none of the above. Maybe it was his first installment of penance of the sins he has committed till now, as his fate had once again took him back to being a 8 year old boy who was afraid of darkness and had no one to run to.

After a long time, he tasted defeat. Defeat from his own nephew who suddenly became courageous enough to defy and threaten him.

He did everything he could to stop this. He spent the whole day battling to suppress this sudden change in Akash Raizada but it felt like he had already anticipated his moves. He didn't waver from his decision as Anuj emotionally blackmailed him, threatened him and then asked him to name his price for staying back but he didn't.

Akash walked out of his party, his house and his control at the end. Proving all his beliefs wrong in just 24 hours.

For once when Anuj Raizada left to make the announcement at the press conference, his head hung low with his shoulders slumped in defeat. There was no trace of arrogance and proud on his face.

There was just helplessness.

Glancing at a sleeping Manyata for a moment, Khushi quietly closed the door making sure to not let anything disturb her daughter's peace.

She turned to look for Arnav when her phone started ringing making her hurriedly walk away from the room. Annoyed, she looked at the screen and quickly took the call after seeing her best friend's name flashing on it.

"Any news?" She quizzed.

"Better than you can imagine. You can't believe what has just happened." Aman replied excitedly.

"Spill it already, Aman." Khushi snapped, her eyes once again searching for her husband.

"Akash Raizada resigned from AVP. Anuj Raizada is furious and is having a field day with 3 more members walking out." Aman recited in a breath making Khushi gasp.

"Akash resigned? Are you serious Aman?" Still sputtering, she whispered.

"It's true Khushi. According to the inside information, he submitted his resignation in the morning. Anuj tried everything to reject his resignation but Akash is having none of his tantrums. It looks like your brother-in-law has finally got some backbone." Aman replied, his voice lit with excitement.

Involuntarily, Khushi's mind went back to her conversation with Akash last night as Aman continued "I am dying to see the look on Anuj Raizada's face when he will make the official announcement to the press in about 30 minutes at the head office of AVP."

"Uh huh. Any more news about Akash?" Khushi interrogated.

"Nothing more than he and your sister moved out of Anuj Niwas last night. And Vikrant is heading out for a VIP Club in an hour. We have at least 2 hours to settle everything there if we don't want to miss the action on live." Aman drawled smoothly.

With her legs suddenly going limp, Khushi sank down on a chair immediately concerned about Payal. Regret and shame rushed through her at the thought of how much she had made her sister suffer by avoiding her not thinking of the problems she must be facing after her marriage.

Clutching the phone tight in her hand, Khushi hesitated "Aman, I...I...don't think we should do this tonight."

"Come on, Khushi. I have already made arrangements and two girls have agreed to be a part of it for money. You can't back out now. We may not get a golden opportunity like this again." Aman pleaded.

"Let me get back to you on this. I must talk to Arnav." Khushi offered.

"Do that and call me back to say yes. Bye." Aman instructed.

Disconnecting the call, Khushi stood up and started looking for Arnav with a newfound energy. She needed to make sure her sister is safe along with Akash.

After 10 minutes, Khushi found Arnav in the study room, engrossed in a hushed conversation with Shyam. They both looked up when she walked in, startled.

Getting up from his chair, Arnav walked around his desk looking concerned having already sensed her conflicting emotions. Keeping a hand on her shoulder, he asked gently "Is everything okay, Khushi?"

"We have got a problem. Your brother resigned from your father's political party." Khushi informed grimly.

Arnav stiffened while Shyam cursed under his breath. Taking out his phone, Shyam walked out of the room already talking to someone heatedly.

The moment Khushi delivered the news, Arnav's calm demeanor collapsed giving her a glimpse of something raw, unfiltered and dark- pain.

Recovering from his momentary relapse, Arnav asked in an even voice "Are you sure?"

"Aman just called to tell me about it. His sources are reliable. Do you have any idea why Akash did all this?" Khushi asked, her voice full of sympathy knowing very well that beneath his mask of indifference, Arnav was worried.

Arnav shook his head. Finally, he had a clue what this is all about but he wasn't sure. But if what he was thinking was true? It would take him a lifetime to make up for all the misbehavior he did with his bhai when he was just...he'd not think about it till he meets Akash in person.

Not realizing that he was lost in thoughts, Khushi continued "I am worried about him and Payal, Arnav. Given your father is furious with his resignation, I am afraid about their safety."

"Don't worry about them. I am heading out to meet them." Walking back in the room, Shyam informed looking directly at Arnav. A silent look passed between them silencing Khushi.

Arnav was looking at his best friend in accusation while Shyam's eyes were filled with defiance. Nodding curtly at Khushi, he walked out leaving a very angry Arnav behind.

"Arnav?? Are you alright??" Khushi asked, looking apprehensive.

Turning around, Arnav looked down at her and smiled, his eyes still cold "Nothing big has happened to ruin my mood, Khushi."

"I wanted to talk to you about something else, too." Khushi initiated, still wary.

Walking forward to stand close to her, Arnav nodded encouraging her to speak up. Twisting her fingers together, Khushi started nervously "Today when I met Aman, he informed me that tomorrow is the first hearing of Niya's case in the court. Given that Vikrant has already attempted to kill us last night, I reckon that he will do it again so I came up with a plan."

"And that is?" Arnav inquired, looking intrigued.

"Well, I asked Aman to keep a track on his movements today. Few minutes ago, he informed me that Vikrant will be visiting a VIP club in an hour or so. Considering his past, you can understand the purpose of his visit. I want to catch him on the camera and then pass the video clips to the press. A scandal will erupt for sure and Vikrant will be closely pursued by reporters and his party members for quite some time. His attention will deviate from us for the time being. And it'll in some way support our case also, giving us a strong proof of his malicious character." Khushi explained, dread filling her heart.

Biting her lower lip in worry, Khushi looked up in time to see Arnav grin wickedly at her, looking impressed "It's a very good plan."

Relieved, Khushi smiled "I thought so. So you won't have any objection if I go to that club tonight?"

Frowning, Arnav asked "Why do you need to be there? Your plan will go down the drain if he saw you there."

"I want to make sure that everything goes according to what I have planned. Plus, I am disguising my appearance so he won't be able to identify me. I have done this before. Don't worry." Khushi answered, flicking her hand in a careless manner.

"Alright but I will be there as well. I have to go somewhere else now. I will come there later to make sure you and Aman are okay. I can't leave you on your own. Vikrant is a very dangerous man" Arnav propositioned.

"Okay." Khushi agreed immediately, already excited.

Feeling happy, she turned to get ready when a hand clasped gently on her elbow and spun her around. Her eyes widening, Khushi inhaled sharply staring up at him. Feeling like a deer caught in headlights, she watched Arnav leaning towards her.

Holding her still against his body, Arnav dropped a kiss close to her mouth making her jerk in surprise. With his eyes full of mischief, he winked "Good luck with your plan, Khushi."

Her mouth dropped open as he walked away, a sudden spring in his steps.

tanu_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
me 1st yipeee
well lovely update
loved arshi scenes...
i hope payash is safe n come 2 live wid arshi...
continue soon Edited by tanu_15 - 9 years ago
GoGreen thumbnail
Hope khushi won't land herself in trouble.
Why do I feel she is going to land in trouble...