Debate Mansion

What is the BEST AGE to move OUT?

Posted: 9 years ago
In Indian families, most people live at home until they are 30 or when they get married.  But, a lot of young people move out and live on their own.  There is nothing wrong with it.  It gives a sense of independence.  Please share your thoughts.  ðŸ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

No hard and fast rules. A lot depends on the individual and how well they can manage themselves. Also we have to look at each country and take into consideration risk and other factors. But general age should be at least 21 I think.

Boys can move out earlier, once they have completed they graduate and get a job.
Girls should remain longer until they get married or are at least over twenty one and independent.
This content was originally posted by: Summer3

No hard and fast rules. A lot depends on the individual and how well they can manage themselves. Also we have to look at each country and take into consideration risk and other factors. But general age should be at least 21 I think.

Boys can move out earlier, once they have completed they graduate and get a job.
Girls should remain longer until they get married or are at least over twenty one and independent.

There is an article on Yahoo saying over 20 million Americans (18-31) lived at home in 2012.  That is a high number.  So, not just in India.  21 year olds don't even have good jobs in a bad economy.  It can be expensive to live on your own.  I agree with everything else you said.  ðŸ˜Š
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
There is no appropriate age to move out. It is not necessary to move out either. What is important that the individual be responsible and contribute to sustain themselves and the family.

Even in the west, moving out was not a universal expectation. African-American communities often still had close family ties. Immigrants like Hispanics, Hmongs, Italians, Greeks often even had joint family situations. Many conservative Christian communities also have a collectivist notion of living together. Now with the recession and higher cost of living, more and more people are living at home with even married couples cohabiting with in-laws, siblings or other relatives.

Whether you are a kid or an adult the following holds true

Good: Be responsible, be actively employed or a diligent student, give a hand with chores around the house, be considerate of people you live with, learn life skills so you can live responsibly on your own whenever the need arises

Bad: Be irresponsible, be a slacker or a bum, sit your ass watching tv or playing video games all day, be unaware of your surroundings, depend on others to cook, clean or do everything for you
alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
EditedEdited by shweta2728 - 9 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
No matter when you move out, remember that parents feel an emptiness when their children move out.
If girls move out they worry even more !

In some western countries the parents expect their kids to move out when they are 18 . wonder if this has changed.

Edited by Summer3 - 9 years ago
hi,
I am new to debate mansion
lets go to our topic
first of alll i think there isnt any age limit 4 moving out. the person who needs independence can move out. its their own right.
but as a person living in society we need to consider everything around us we need to consider our parents,relations,friends.
in our society girls cant easily move out bcoz it will affect her family as well her self respect tooo
buut 4 boys our society is giving some more excuses bcoz boys rnot depended on others.
what i mean to say is if we r well experienced about the world mean we can move out otherwise both boy or girl cant survive
lalalee thumbnail
In my opinion, any person above the age of 16 can move out if they or their parents want them to. There's nothing wrong in staying with your parents either. 
However, I'm against the system that requires a woman to leave her family for her husbands' while a man who leaves his, for whatever reason, is largely condemned. 
-GayabCat- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
it depends if you want to move out or if you are ready to move out. 
I do know by a fact that majority in the society around me in Scotland move out at the age of 17. The age when an individual starts working. 
But in asian families around me tend to stay till they get married and then move out here ðŸ˜• 
Summer3 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Tarantallegra

it depends if you want to move out or if you are ready to move out. 

I do know by a fact that majority in the society around me in Scotland move out at the age of 17. The age when an individual starts working. 
But in asian families around me tend to stay till they get married and then move out here ðŸ˜• 

Guess it is just the custom and tradition in certain western societies.
But the Italians are pretty closely knit.