Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago
just saw the godfather part iii... after a long time.

still feeling it in. a strong powerful and immensely graceful movie... like a well executed waltz with a sicilian note of passion woven in... something so poised and elegant about the pace and movement... you can almost see the maker taking it in its arms and surging back and forth gracefully.

heart of it... al pacino... short, stubby and deadly. i fall fr the man every time when i see godfather... and in this one shots of him when he was heartbreakingly young with apollonia, then older and sweet with kaye, and now... the story of a man really, and i so strongly identify with him... silly yea, but it's ultimately an individual's life and his fight to find a place on this earth, within himself... and losing constantly yet trying...

where are you cynthia... it's al.

i cried in the confession scene.

and sophia coppola so sensuous so fluid and innocent so trusting... andy garcia and she nice... beautiful troubled love story... magnificent clothes...

and al pacino... oooph acting acting acting... i hope barun some day does roles of such power and subtlety and glides through them with that fierce power he has... look what he did with asr... aaargh, i could almost see him in andy garcia's role... gangster. suave outside, lawless inside, finally becoming law unto himself...

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Idk , since yesterday my mind is going in all directions, Whatever the reasons are behind not releasing this movie , don't care just want to see him, his work, his success...Period.

But from his mind, whatever he started  by handling certain things immaturely , that is what coming in my head ...and yes he has changed since then a lot...A leap in his character, handling things in a professional way is coming along...

His acting skills are top notch , no question but this boy has to realize that out of sight becomes out of mind...

Ignorance and confidence ? I still think he is lacking both in some ways...and that is what you need for success...He has them but but hindering his skills some where...

What are your views Ladies...?????

[sis will be here in an hr , def will pop up in between]
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 9 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: indi52

i must try and see laut aao trisha... sounds interesting... way back ejaz khan was the romantic lead in an ekta serial... kkavyanjali or something... he was not too bad... i have seen him since then in a slightly bizarre sony serial where he is actually a woman, yeah all the usual natak, but in bits he was good, also in something else i saw him when i surfed, but he did look older and tired somehow... decent actor, once upon a time not too bad to look at, ha...qh and other shows not my thing. ymh which many like, i find downright pretentious. especially the female lead character. as is obvious i am supremely opinionated like my cujjin manorama raijada. instead of masala mama they should have had me over for some new character fun and games.

I have been watching laut aao trisha. I have a thing for detective/mystery stuff, and they seem to be maintaining the suspense so far. Performances are so so, bhagyashree of the the maine pyaar kiya fame is there (she who had said would act only with her husband!!!!!!!). Ejaz Khan is good as the investigating officer. Since I've not watched much of the serial stuff before, don't know of his earlier work. My mom a big SP fan, watched some of the stuff she watches when at home this time, nothing registered. She watches the namesake of our favorite show, "Once again"! Least said the better, copyright infringement doesn't apply to them or what?
Indi di, you were right about the colour palette of Yudh. More ASR without Khushi Kumari Gupta?!!!!! You're right about it being more western, apparently has been inspired by an American show. Still in the midst of all the saas bahu sagas seems refreshing. Thought the performances were good, fantastic cast. But nothing beats watching IPK random episodes for the nth time!!! Currently reading your Diwali episode takes for the millionth time and watching the episodes. Will we ever stop?😆
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

hi faiqa,

i think it is hard to really manage an actor's career like a corporate executive's. yes there is an illusion this is possible, but really it isn't... the best ones usually have a difficult slightly messy path through their careers... so i really think i am with him on the way he has gone about things... i know not many will agree with me... but i do think the ones who are supposedly managing their careers have certainly got careers, but most of them i don't really want to see. him i do... even after almost two years of non appearance. like a pacino... i don't see for years fine, then one movie and i am reeling... he has that can make you reel factor... i am sure it will get noticed and used to everyone's advantage even his... i hope that aspect remains untouched.

i am waiting to see mamr, as i said, mainly because he was so excited about his first film. the thought of satra ko shadi hai, despite known production house and flashy marketing company leaves me a bit cold... i think really mamr is the movie... i know i sound lunatic... but this one has something very barun in it and will be good for his career i feel, of course i am usually colossaly wrong about most things. 😆
indi52 thumbnail
kizh,

stop? we've only just begun... today though i let al pacino ji play a little hell into me... i want barun and al to work together... ha ha in my sapno ki duniya everything is possible.
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Watched the much anticipated, much touted trailer of 'Fifty shades of grey'. Arnav & Khushi - love scene 122, wins hands down any day!!!!!!
kizh72 thumbnail

kizh,

stop? we've only just begun... today though i let al pacino ji play a little hell into me... i want barun and al to work together... ha ha in my sapno ki duniya everything is possible.

That tango in 'Scent of a woman'!!!!
indi52 thumbnail
abs agree, kizh...

fifty is not dhakdhak stuff... shins i suspect won't feel the crawl and caress of goosebumps, nor will earlobes go warm.

everything is so marketed and perfected and photoshopped these days... asr khushi something raw and hits you hard between the brows, then the rest of the body along with the little mind you think you have, everything succumbs.

i watched andy garcia and sophia coppola today, and while yes, aesthetically v pleasing, even sensuous, nothing in me moved even an i of an iota...
indi52 thumbnail
Originally posted by: kizh72

That tango in 'Scent of a woman'!!!!

ufff. here too, he waltzes with his daughter. so so graceful yet powerful and all male... short man huh. little snippets of young michael dancing with appolonia, yeah... something just jumps inside.

the tango...
gave me heart attacks and i wanted to get up and applaud when it ended.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2zTd_YwTvo[/YOUTUBE]
credit: uploader
Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
kizh72 thumbnail

ufff. here too, he waltzes with his daughter. so so graceful yet powerful and all male... short man huh. little snippets of young michael dancing with appolonia, yeah... something just jumps inside.

the tango...
gave me heart attacks and i wanted to get up and applaud when it ended.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2zTd_YwTvo[/YOUTUBE]
credit: uploader

Ufff, indeed! Thank you for putting in that clip.