Posted: 9 years ago
n guyz the fans counting is done by this method
hope it help us
tel all ur frnds to open IF once in a day

Edited by shishiksg - 9 years ago
zakky thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Adi have given us pics on page 6 we will try completing it by wednesday, i hve Sent PM fr some pics now as soon as dey r completed nxt 4 pics i'l PM..
shishiksg thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
guyz one more sad news is that v cnt place same cmment like i love u ksg 
missing u n all
the cmments shud b unique it seems

vijay ans for sme fan
i hope it vl help us too
Originally posted by _MGArti_

I am sorry to say i am still not satisfy with ur answer bcoz after this i had visited his profile and got to see very less activity and they made a same comment what Barun, Sanaya, Gurmeet and Drashti fans made for their favourities for example "Karan Mehra You are an excellent Actor" 

I dont find any uniqueness in their comment as you said.

Well after you mentioned even I went and checked and I noticed that even though the first 2-3 pages shows less activity but just when "2 days ago" starts there are more comments and there is no mistake in the calculation that would favor any particular actor.

Regarding the comment uniqueness and qualtiy we do check that from time to time and that is when you see sudden decrease in number of comments. We encourage members to post feedback / comments instead of posting just the name of the actor repeatedly or "I love xyz every day". Just dont think about the Ranking when you comment rather put your thoughts that even the actor or fellow fans would find it interesting to read.

Soon we will have the Most liked Comments this week coming so that people with more interesting comments are highlighted and doesnt gets lost in the heap of low quality or spammy comments.

Regards
Edited by shishiksg - 9 years ago
zakky thumbnail

Originally posted by: shishiksg

cngrats guyz for the new tread

sry missed profile cmments yesterday was busy sry
but done vth viewng pics 294*3
n regarding y ksgians are nt actve on IF there is a stry n many ksgians r nt actve even in social sites

14)There are many pages under comments, fanclubs, photos, news etc. does viewing these pages count towards views? Example, if photogallery has 14 pages, can viewing 14 pages of photo gallery count towards 14 views  without even clicking on a single pic?

Yes. But there is an internal check to ensure that its a natural browsing behavior and not something which is done using "Bots" or multiple pages being opened simultaneously just to inflate the views. And there is a capping on the number of views we count through when browsing different pages so that celebs with less number of pages are not at a disadvantage.

guyz can u plz elaborate r clarify this???

Basically it means wen u go to jst the KSG photo Gallery it has 12 pages so widout opening a single pic also we can get 12 views by browsing dose 12 pages ... bt we need to view pages one by one...

Same goes wid comments too on the profile Page ...bt we cannot review dem as we cannot see the counting ... 
Edited by zakky - 9 years ago
zakky thumbnail

Originally posted by: shishiksg

guyz one more sad news is that v cnt place same cmment like i love u ksg 

missing u n all
the cmments shud b unique it seems

vijay ans for sme fan
i hope it vl help us too
Originally posted by _MGArti_

I am sorry to say i am still not satisfy with ur answer bcoz after this i had visited his profile and got to see very less activity and they made a same comment what Barun, Sanaya, Gurmeet and Drashti fans made for their favourities for example "Karan Mehra You are an excellent Actor" 

I dont find any uniqueness in their comment as you said.

Well after you mentioned even I went and checked and I noticed that even though the first 2-3 pages shows less activity but just when "2 days ago" starts there are more comments and there is no mistake in the calculation that would favor any particular actor.

Regarding the comment uniqueness and qualtiy we do check that from time to time and that is when you see sudden decrease in number of comments. We encourage members to post feedback / comments instead of posting just the name of the actor repeatedly or "I love xyz every day". Just dont think about the Ranking when you comment rather put your thoughts that even the actor or fellow fans would find it interesting to read.

Soon we will have the Most liked Comments this week coming so that people with more interesting comments are highlighted and doesnt gets lost in the heap of low quality or spammy comments.

Regards

OOPS !! This is confusing now.. same comments are toh waise bhi nt accepted...
Edited by zakky - 9 years ago
shishiksg thumbnail
Originally posted by bs_deeps

thanks for clarification..

1) if only one view per hour is allowed, why is it that "views" gets increased once in every 45 mins for pics..is it not misleading? for articles, I think there is no time bound at all, views will just keep increasing..if views displayed under each of these columns have no significance at all, why have the tab in the first place...? or if you can provide the actual views, it will be very transparent. 

2) you said there is a cap for views from any particular IP..Can you please tell us what the cap is? 

3) If there is a cap and if its only unique views that counts, there are more possibilities of an actor with more number of active fans getting more views too..but there is "no hard work"..isn't it? as you are looking for more unique views..not more frequent views...there can be people who are not there in FC still browsing or searching, but I think probability would be less... 

Kindly clarify 

1) Views for the images are overall impressions the image recieved since it was uploaded. And for ranking we just count the Impressions for that particular week for which we are computing the Ranking. I dont think there is anything wrong or misleading there. The system consolidates Raw Impressions logs every 1 hour. Regarding articles its computed based on views + comments so there is already a check there so that is the reason we have not placed the Unique IP check on the article page.

2) Well I cant give the exact Cap value but its related to the average pages viewed by a Unique IPs for that Celebrity.

3) Well we give "unique views" more importance compared to "frequent views". We do count all views whether its members, non-members, someone who just came searching about the celebrity.

arey yaar yeh kya hai hamesha unique unique n nt frequent???
shishiksg thumbnail
same r nt accptd by frquent ones get less imp it seems
he wants unique
maar dungi mei yeh unique word ko
shishiksg thumbnail
Originally posted by bs_deeps

I wasn't clear enough I believe.. If a picture has 10 pages of comments and I view all 10 of them. it will count as 10 views..is it correct..? If yes..why is it that View count displayed  is increased by one only.. if you are saying you count the impression..it is going to be 1 not 10 isn't it? 

When I said misleading..I meant to ask this...if the backup is taken once in every hour, why pic count is increased once in every 45 mins.. 

I didnt really get the difference between viewing the article and viewing the pic when it comes to having a unique IP check..Can you please explain it a bit further.. 

You can't give the cap..it makes sense 

I really appreciate you trying to clarify our queries..

a) Yes its correct to an extent as I mentioned in my earlier post that there is a certain cap and the views should adhere to human browsing pattern and are not just viewed to increase the view points. Regarding the pics impressions not being increased is cause the user has already viewed the picture and second page onward it is more for the Comments and not for the pictures.

b) Well the consolidation of the Raw impression data happens every hour. I dont know how you calculated 45 minutes.

c) Views on Articles are time bound and it does not add to the Views point.

zakky thumbnail
unique , nt unique, frequent nt frequent ?? Wats dis ... 
We need to concentrate on views or the uniqueness of Views ðŸ˜•
shishiksg thumbnail

Originally posted by: zakky

unique , nt unique, frequent nt frequent ?? Wats dis ... 

We need to concentrate on views or the uniqueness of Views ðŸ˜•

dnt knw zohra hell cnfused
it means ppl vth new fans n who visit first time vl hav more imp
hez cnfusng us a lot
n these r sme ans vch he ans