•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago

She bit her lip in concentration as she dipped the paintbrush in the mug of water. Then she let the excess water drop back into the  mug and dipped it in the palette, mixing the water with the red paint. She mixed the red paint with a dash of yellow, making it brighter.

Then taking a thinner brush, she began to paint the rose she had drawn.

She was careful, taking care not to let the paint get outside the borders. It was a rather neat drawing, one of her better efforts, and she was going to make the best painting she had ever made.

She painted carefully, with slow strokes, filling up the white paper with a vibrant scarlet. Once all the petals were done, she stared down at the wet paint. She had work to do on the petals, but she would have to wait till the red paint dried.

Dipping the red coated paintbrush back into the mug, she watched with pleasure seeing the water turn scarlet. Once the brush was clean, she mixed some green paint on the palette.

Now came the hard part. The stem was long and thin, so she would have to be extra careful. Using her thinnest brush, she began to paint it, making sure not a single bit of paint spilled out. When it was done, she was rather pleased with the result. Not a single smudge on the paper.  It looked as white and pristine as ever.

She dipped it in water, watching it become murky as the green mingled with the red. Then she took some white paint and shaded the petals. The white mixing with the slightly damp red paint gave it a pinkish tinge, which was what she had been aiming for, and she grew in confidence, making confident, slow strokes. When it was done, she stared at it in pride.

Then her mother called her and told her to go take a bath. Setting a paperweight gingerly on the unpainted part of the sheet, she went to take a bath.

Fifteen minutes later, when she came back to look at her beautiful painting, she had a nasty shock waiting for her. For a whole minute, she stood there dumbly. "What..."

Someone had pushed the mug of water onto the painting. The rose was now marred with an ugly stain that covered the entire paper. The red was marred with black...

Tears fell from her eyes onto the ruined painting as she covered her mouth with her hand.

"Hey, there you are!" she wiped her tears and turned to smile at the sound of her friend's voice. "Hi. I didn't know you had come."

"Yeah, I just came a few minutes ago, your mother let me in," said her friend, then her gaze fell on the ruined painting. "Sorry about that, hun. Just pushed it by mistake."

Her chest constricted with the pain, and she turned wide eyes to her. "You...you pushed...by mistake..."

Her voice was expressionless.

"Yeah, sorry about that," said her friend casually. "Still, no harm done. Just a bit of colour on paper, that's all, isn't it?"

"Yeah," she said, her voice choked. "Don't be sorry. It was my fault."

Then she carefully took up the sheet of paper . She gazed down at the once beautiful painting, the one she had been so proud of, then with a single action, she crumpled it into a ball. Then she took a mop and wiped off the murky water. She threw the crumpled paper into the dustbin.

Edited by bookworm-ALS-- - 9 years ago
Res
Will read and comment when I get time!😳

UNRES

Your way of writing is superb👏

Isn't this how life turns out to be so many times? You work so hard for something...you feel so good when you achieve the goal, and then something happens out of blue, something you never thought would ever happen, and everything is destroyed...gone forever! The relief, pride, happiness and confidence you had felt...you just shut out all those feelings and nobody realizes the extent to which you are affected.

Would love to read more stories by you! 
Thanks for pm😃
Edited by FaultInMyStars - 9 years ago
Originally posted by AzureLicht

That was really good :)

Thank you😳
Originally posted by FaultInMyStars

Res
Will read and comment when I get time!😳

UNRES

Your way of writing is superb👏

Isn't this how life turns out to be so many times? You work so hard for something...you feel so good when you achieve the goal, and then something happens out of blue, something you never thought would ever happen, and everything is destroyed...gone forever! The relief, pride, happiness and confidence you had felt...you just shut out all those feelings and nobody realizes the extent to which you are affected.

Would love to read more stories by you! 
Thanks for pm😃

Yeah. Thank you for commenting, you saw my message in this so well. So true you work so hard for something and then one stroke its gone.
Thank you so much for liking it😳
Beautifully written. Sometimes, that what is most valuable to us, that one thing we worked our days and nights off for, could be seen as the most trivial of things by others. And the pain suffered when that one thing is so recklessly destroyed by someone else - unbearable. Loved it, dear. 👏
This just needs one word: Beautiful.

No, honestly, you left me speechless here.

Lovely piece, Shreya! :D
Your writing is unique. You just write so beautifully! Everything you write on is like you've unlocked yet another secret of life! Great Job!
Originally posted by Break.The.Code

Your writing is unique. You just write so beautifully! Everything you write on is like you've unlocked yet another secret of life! Great Job!

Whoa, thanks so much! Means a lot! :D