Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shivam. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
if suppose Modi under the control of someone then what's the diffrent b/t Modi and manmohan singh?
Shivam. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ll-Anuska-ll

:) Modi je is Best.

Perhaps for big corporates and entrepreneurs.

i cant agree with u more
Jay. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .RadhaKrishnan.

^^subraminiyam swamy in BJP

Digvijay singh in Congress

i cant say anything abt Digvijay singh but Subraminiyam swamy
as a Tamilian i ashamed to say he was born in mailapore ,where my dad birth place thankfully none of us supporting him ,i ok with cho.ramasamy he too a brahmin political writer but he not always hurting everyone ,this subramaniyan unbearable for us ,once he talking abt tamil fishermen issue my cousin( living in chennai ) told hope he wont back to tamilnadu i support him during the time of Sethu canal system due to environment issue where as he against it due  religious sentiment ,but later i understand i supporting a wrong person,πŸ˜•he horrible when he spoking the media without understanding the constitution like Jayalalitha to go and meet rajapakse πŸ˜•πŸ˜†
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Dhanvin-Jayant

i agreed with u but i cant stand for subramanian swamy ,he might attracted some people as outspoken

he is good in economic issues
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .RadhaKrishnan.

^^subraminiyam swamy in BJP

Digvijay singh in Congress

digivjay singh looted madhya pradesh and ruined it as CM.

swamy drafted the 1991 blueprint for economic liberalization which invigorated the economy.

no comparison. only ill informed people with half knowledge will try to compare the two.
IamTheBoss thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hey vin
its nothing BJP showing their true color that's all
lalalee thumbnail
Appeasing Pakistan to a certain extent is important. India isn't in a position to wage a full fledged war nor is Pakistan. The international community needs Pakistan to help out with Afghanistan and will only support us superficially, if at all. India cannot afford antagonizing Pakistan further and needs to strengthen diplomatic ties with the latter country to counter Chinese beneficence there, especially since China is also gaining in Sri Lanka and trying in Bhutan. While the Pakistani army is essentially composed of Jihadis in uniform, the Indian Army is a much more professional body with a code of conduct that makes reprehensible moves unthinkable.
However, going by historical experience and current situation, there's a need to make changes in our policy, not only toward Pakistan but also towards Jammu & Kashmir. Indian politicians remember Kashmir for political, militaristic and tourist reasons. Economic development is largely ignored and revenue earned circulates among the rich. The AFSPA is widely misused to commit atrocities against localites. If a plebiscite is held, majority of Kashmiris would vote for Pakistan or secession. Therefore, India should make efforts to end alienation in Kashmir. It should simultaneously tighten internal security and develop contingency plans so that Pakistani adventurism can be addressed within hours. It could consider threatening Pakistan by pressing for renegotiation of the Indus Water Treaty and other bilateral treaties.    
I don't expect the Modi-led government to do wonders in a short span of time. 

Edited by lalalee - 9 years ago
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I find these cartoons highly insensitive and disrespectful to Indian Army. We always have followed a "No First Strike" policy and the violation of ceasefire was unprovoked , i am sure the soldiers at the border replied well- like that is in the protocol . We are not aware of how much damage our shell firing would have caused , so these images just brings down Indian Army. 
What do people expect, that we go for War with Pak? I am sure that sounds preposterous.This is a very sensitive matter and more than any political party GOI has to behave appropriately. 

SAARC and the searing-in gesture was part of a diplomatic build-up in a region where India doesn't enjoy any friendly relationship. it was a photo-op and nothing more. 

For a long term solution it is important India maintain communication channels with both Sri Lanka and Pakistan. 

China is capitalizing on dwindling India's influence in the region and has penetrated via trade into Sri Lanka and Burma .Not to forget- Nepal.  We are not in a position to hard-line with these countries , or they might align with China. For a greater influence India needs diplomatic and economic ties with countries like Sri lanka.

@Ramdev scribe- if anyone read the new political scenario then we can see Ramdev is isolated by Modi. I won't read too much into this. It is not uncommon for journos to meet terrorists , sometimes they are used as messengers. 

Foreign Policies don't change overnight, would rather wait for full term to be over to analyse this govt.

What is important is how this govt handles insurgencies and strengths homeland security. Good diplomatic win for Sushma by getting Indians out of Iraq and now Libya.

Modi pre-poll was an Opposition leader now he is PM , needs to be sensible and responsible. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: charminggenie

I find these cartoons highly insensitive and disrespectful to Indian Army.

I think you are misreading the intent of the comics if you find them in any way demeaning to the army. The intent of the comics is a reflection of political apathy towards issues related to the army.

Despite everything army men give to the nation they have never been aptly backed by the government. They don't even get the gratitude and respect they deserve.

I think cartoons can be a crisp and quick way to make a point in comparison to op-eds, articles and news features.

As for Modi government, it takes months for new foreign policy to be formulated, implemented and circulated top down in all aspects of defense. Give the new government at least a year to make a defense impact.