Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I think you are misreading the intent of the comics if you find them in any way demeaning to the army. The intent of the comics is a reflection of political apathy towards issues related to the army. 

And I think you misunderstood my comment. I strictly spoke to comics on Indian Army where they depict the helplessness without understanding the true picture or gravity of the situation. It is an art and can be interpreted in many ways , so I don't understand why it cannot be critiqued for poor depiction of the relevant condition. Liker here Indian Army might not have violated ceasefire but they did respond to it to their full might. Unfortunately we do have a Brave Officer sacrificing his life but noway did it minimize the damage that our Army caused. So for me to see their hands tied doesn't sit well. More than political Apathy because in this situation other than back channels or a public statement condemning it , GOI doesn't have an option. So yes , I don't relate to this comic , as simple , this should be constructed as my dislike for the Great art that is championed by Laxman and others. 

This one, i don't agree with, it rather than capturing Political Apathy made a caricature of Indian Army principles, does that mean I want it removed , No but yes I disagree . Simple. 

Despite everything army men give to the nation they have never been aptly backed by the government. They don't even get the gratitude and respect they deserve. 
I have a very different view on this , generally Indian Army does enjoy respect and thankully last GOI and this one has made some political symbolic steps in that direction. One Rank, One Pension and War Memorial etc. But like I said, it is more of a social opinion which differs from region to region. I might feel proud of our boys but a gent living in Kashmir or NE might have a different account.

I think cartoons can be a crisp and quick way to make a point in comparison to op-eds, articles and news features. 
They are a way for expression opinions and it should be treated as like that, the right to agree or disagree solely rests with the reader.

-Rudra- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
nothing much changed not only now even after 5yrs,the stand of Bjp in rape,LOC,inflation ,black money are get the lame explanations
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Fair enough. Of course everyone is entitled to their subjective opinions. I wanted to see why specifically you found the content objectionable as I didn't. And you have stated your valid reasons. IMO it is a harsh viewpoint, but that's how you see it.

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

[

Fair enough. Of course everyone is entitled to their subjective opinions. I wanted to see why specifically you found the content objectionable as I didn't. And you have stated your valid reasons. IMO it is a harsh viewpoint, but that's how you see it.

Strictly critiquing the art and execution of the piece , IMO, it would have been more befitting if the artist had used say Defence Minister or even the PM to show the political Apathy for Armymen (which this comic doesn't talk about). I find it silly to put an Army Representative in that condition because an officer died bravely fighting in this situation.  We did retaliate.  So it's not the Army which is bound by situation rather the polity which has to account for many factors. 

My viewpoint might seem harsh but they are intended to this comic's representation of a sensitive issue which tome the artist failed to capture. 

Shivam. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mr.ass

digivjay singh looted madhya pradesh and ruined it as CM.

swamy drafted the 1991 blueprint for economic liberalization which invigorated the economy.

no comparison. only ill informed people with half knowledge will try to compare the two.

subraminiyam never have chance to loot the people ,becoz in tamil Nadu its has to Jaya or Karuna,that's why he hate tamil Nadu๐Ÿ˜†
Later he joined with  BJP ,some still being pure the reason they dont have opportunity

its mr rao who gave chance to him as part of 1991 ,his economic knowledge does not make as good human ,stay away from him is better for Namo and Bjp
Shivam. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dhanvin-Jayant

i cant say anything abt Digvijay singh but Subraminiyam swamy
as a Tamilian i ashamed to say he was born in mailapore ,where my dad birth place thankfully none of us supporting him ,i ok with cho.ramasamy he too a brahmin political writer but he not always hurting everyone ,this subramaniyan unbearable for us ,once he talking abt tamil fishermen issue my cousin( living in chennai ) told hope he wont back to tamilnadu i support him during the time of Sethu canal system due to environment issue where as he against it due  religious sentiment ,but later i understand i supporting a wrong person,๐Ÿ˜•he horrible when he spoking the media without understanding the constitution like Jayalalitha to go and meet rajapakse ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

i kind feel to slap him when he spoke on timesnow about Isaipriya rape ,such weird answer from him
i knew his party unable to manage score in the TN election ,is this reason to hate particular people ?๐Ÿคฌ

IamTheBoss thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .RadhaKrishnan.

subraminiyam never have chance to loot the people ,becoz in tamil Nadu its has to Jaya or Karuna,that's why he hate tamil Nadu๐Ÿ˜†
Later he joined with  BJP ,some still being pure the reason they dont have opportunity

its mr rao who gave chance to him as part of 1991 ,his economic knowledge does not make as good human ,stay away from him is better for Namo and Bjp

i agreed  with u nobody like subramaniam swamy. his views are not only dangerous for the ideals on which india was formed that said silencing his voice would bring greater shame to our democracy
really is democracy there ?
he gain popularity by instigating hinu/musimu  or Aryan /dravidian in TN u can see his supporter more or less hindutva,

Jay. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
credit- outlook

Why The BJP Government Looks Like UPA-3

GST/VAT

• Then: BJP states opposed GST on issues like revenue-sharing on petroleum and liquor; ditto for VAT
  • Now: Has set a fresh, urgent deadline for GST implementation. Also supporting VAT now.

Black money

• Then: Clamoured for making public the list of people who had stashed money in Swiss banks
  • Now: Says there is no such list of people with Swiss bank accounts. To look for black money within India now.

Opening up Insurance

• Then: Even as late as August 2013, the BJP opposed further opening up of insurance
  • Now: Has approved increase in FDI in insurance from 26% to 49%

Aadhaar

• Then: Opposed and said it was a futile exercise. Said it should be merged with NPR.
  • Now: Has allowed Aadhaar to continue, is giving it more funds. Will link it to new services.

Henderson Brooks Report

• Then: Rajya Sabha LoP Arun Jaitley made a strong pitch for declassifiying the report on the 1962 India-China war
  • Now: Defence minister Jaitley says the report's release or disclosure would not be in national interest

Diesel Subsidy

• Then: Opposed the monthly increase in diesel prices on the grounds that it will impact Railways, farmers
  • Now: Has continued the policy set by the UPA government

Nuclear Liability Bill

• Then: Was instrumental in pushing a very high liability for N-suppliers, which nixed all progress in N-projects
  • Now: Liability cap' expected to see renegotiations during Modi's US visit in Sept. N-suppliers want a lower cap.

FDI in Multi-Brand Retail

• Then: Strongly opposed it and said that when in power, they will reverse policy
  • Now: Quiet on policy reversal though asserting its opposition. Has further opened up single brand retail.

alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Its only been a few months since he became PM and he is trying to change a corrupt country with the population of 1.27 billion people. It will take time and people will have to be patient.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I think this topic was to discuss the military and defense aspect of Modi govt. If it is general effectiveness of the govt we have a topic http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4097671

Or perhaps mods can merge it all together.