Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ni33 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Nice update. I guess Madhu's entry is in the next part.😉 Well that and that Deepika fooled Rishab. Always trust your gutfeeling.😛 But in this case, it's a good case he didn't or else he wouldn't have married Madhu.😆 Do post the next update soon.
simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Ni33

Nice update. I guess Madhu's entry is in the next part.😉 Well that and that Deepika fooled Rishab. Always trust your gutfeeling.😛 But in this case, it's a good case he didn't or else he wouldn't have married Madhu.😆 Do post the next update soon.

Yup you got it right. Let's see how much Rishabh's 'mistake' costs him ;)
simikr thumbnail
Thanks to everybody who clicked like and commented. If you really wish to read the next update you need to let me know you do :)
sarcastic_teen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OMG u updated 2 parts :o
I should keep on checking this thread 😆
Will comment after reading these two :)
simikr thumbnail

Originally posted by: sarcastic_teen

OMG u updated 2 parts :o

I should keep on checking this thread 😆
Will comment after reading these two :)

You were caught napping :)
simikr thumbnail

Thank you :)
.Shree. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Loved the update ðŸ˜ƒ
When will Madhu enter ðŸ˜³
simikr thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Shree.

Loved the update ðŸ˜ƒ

When will Madhu enter ðŸ˜³

Soon :)
simikr thumbnail
And here she is! 

3: THE ACCIDENTAL WIFE

The laws of attraction are too potent to be ignored.

Rishabh was a trustworthy man. Though one could consider him cold and businesslike, he never went back on what he said. Well, almost never. Reliability and integrity were second nature to him. And this time it was no different. Even though he wasn't certain of what the future held, he felt bound by his word and planned to carry through no matter the consequences.

And since he'd made up his mind, he chose to reveal his intentions to his parents. He didn't want to delay the inevitable. They needed time to absorb the shock.

Therefore on the day after his unofficial online betrothal' he made a surprise visit to the Mehta family digs. Without preamble he announced, "I'm getting married. Time to celebrate."

Shobha, his mother, as he'd guessed she would, dismissed him. "Rishabh, if that is supposed to be a joke then it is a very bad one."

"Maa... I'm telling the truth. I've found a suitable girl and the deal is set."

"Really? Is it someone I know?"

"No. I found her online. She lives in India and is a perfect match!" He managed to state with conviction though he didn't feel so at all.

"Back home? Online! So soon! Are you mad?" Shobha's face drained of color. She was crestfallen. Her desire of bringing her dear friend's daughter, Renu home was crushed. She had continued to hope, even though, she recalled the day when she'd introduced the lovely girl to her son and he'd failed to react. He hadn't even blinked!

"No, I'm not mad." Her son replied, assisting her to a beautifully upholstered Victorian chair and handing her a glass of water. He tried to dress his future wife up a bit. "This girl has all the qualities a good wife should possess. She's incredibly multi-talented. She's a great cook (though he had no clue if Deepika could even turn the stove on) she paints, sews...everything." He stopped himself in time before getting carried away. "And despite it all she's grounded and is pure desi[SV1] ! You'll adore her!"

Shashank suppressed a chuckle and said the only thing that concerned him. "She certainly sounds like a rare gem. What about her family? We'd like to talk to her parents."

"Dad you don't have to worry about them. I've checked them out already. They are great, just like their daughter." Rishabh said quickly. He didn't want his father to launch into a prolonged investigation.

Now it was Shashank's turn to look incredulous. His son was behaving very unlike himself. Something stank about the entire affair. Had he fallen in love? No, that was impossible.

Shobha, who'd recovered a little, smiled fondly at her son. At least he was getting married. "Alright. But I wish to see her picture and, I'd also like to know her name."

"It's a surprise." Rishabh said mysteriously. "Just have a little patience and trust me. Next month you'll get your wish."

2 weeks later in New Delhi:

Rishabh couldn't fathom why people got married and least of all why they conducted these ridiculously long ceremonies.

His wedding was an utter chaos. It was a nightmarish ordeal which lasted over four days or a few weeks if he took into account the day when his mother had first dangled the sword over his head.

He'd hoped to keep matters quiet but that proved impossible. Shobha had made certain that everybody she knew (even the remotest acquaintance) was invited to come and give their blessings to her son and his bride.

Uncle Rajbir was waiting to receive him at the airport and apparently had everything pretty well chalked out. Rishabh was allowed no say in any matter and found himself subject to various rituals and customs that frightened him to death and almost reduced him to tears.

All his relatives had a field day at his expense. His mother, who along with the rest of his family was been caught in a snowstorm in Europe (she'd gone wedding shopping in Paris when every damn thing was available in NYC) seemed to be directing everything by remote control.

Fortunately, his future wife's family came to his rescue. He was relieved that they weren't much into tradition. On the second day after he landed, Rishabh slipped the ring he'd bought in a hurry at Tiffany's on Deepika's finger and she seemed profoundly pleased. In truth, she was more ordinary looking than he had assumed (makeup can do wonders and pictures can be doctored). Nevertheless, he was content when she assured him with a toothy smile, that he'd get exactly what he'd bargained for.

On the third day, she signed her name alongside his in front of a registrar and the deal was official. On the fourth, the whole bloody thing was concluded with a wedding ceremony to please the hearts of all the traditionalists.  Unfortunately or fortunately his parents were still missing in action. But they watched everything live, thanks to the miracle of high tech and the internet.

And before he knew it was all over. Rishabh had joined the ranks of hapless and bemused married men.

But somehow it all didn't quite gel. Something had gone terribly wrong, but he couldn't put a finger on it.

Therefore, on his wedding night, leaving his cousins and miscellaneous relatives behind to rejoice in drunken revelry, Rishabh headed to his room singularly determined to pull the veil off the disquieting mystery.

He found her on the balcony. "Deepika?" He ventured tentatively.

She stepped out of the shadows.

The girl who stood in front of him was certainly not the one he thought he'd married, and she was definitely not ordinary looking.

She was stunning!

Just as his eyes affixed themselves to her face, the wheels of his mind drew to an abrupt halt. And what a face it was. That of an enchantress, no less.

Bathed in ethereal moonlight, with wavy hair of shimmering silk that flirted with her smooth and dewy complexion; regular, well defined features; huge, luminous eyes that sparkled with brilliant vivacity; lustrous lips, full and moist that curved into a mocking smile and... brought him crashing back to earth.

Goddamnit! This was exactly what he had been guarding himself against! This girl, this stranger, had already knocked him off his moorings when he was least prepared for it. Beautiful creatures like her, should not be allowed to roam free on the streets, in particular creep unannounced into unsuspecting men's bedrooms!

He wrenched himself out of the haze. There wasn't any way he could afford to be unsettled in his well-planned life. His words came out sounding gruff. "You aren't Deepika. Where is she?"

"Yes, you guessed right." She spoke in a low soft voice. "I'm not Deepika. She's gone. I'm Madhu." She paused for effect. "Good bye Rishabh. Nice to have made your acquaintance." She turned to slip past him.

"Hey!" He stepped up to bar her way. "How can you say that she's gone. She's my wife for crying out loud!"

She cast a pitiful glance at him. "Yes, she's gone. And no, she's not your wife. I was the one sitting in the mandap[SV2] . Don't tell me you didn't know already."

Rishabh closed his eyes. His heart sank to his gut and continued to sink further. What he'd fervently hoped to be a delusion of his delirious mind had turned out to be true.

The worm of suspicion had begun to wiggle itself into his psyche as soon as he'd taken his seat beside his future wife in the marriage mandap. For starters, she looked a lot slimmer than he remembered. He dismissed it quickly, thinking it was perhaps some miracle diet drug (his father would surely benefit from something similar). He was even more intrigued, when he noticed her face shrouded in the ghoonghat[SV3]  throughout. Surprisingly, she'd suddenly turned very shy. But when it was time to tie the mangalsutra[SV4]  around her neck, and place the vermilion streak on her forehead, he had caught a glimpse of her face and those strikingly luminous eyes, and all his misgivings were confirmed.

Rishabh teetered against the bedpost. He'd been thoroughly duped, hoodwinked, ripped off etc, etc.

"Are you okay?" A hand gently gripped his arm. She appeared to be laughing silently.

Hell! He wrenched his limb away. "This isn't funny at all!"

She looked chagrined. "I'm sorry. I know you are badly shaken. But Deepika couldn't think of any other way out."

"Way out? Whatever for? Anyway, where is she now?"

"I told you. She's gone."

Yes she was gone. But he had too many questions that needed answers.

"Okay, but what about her parents? They were there when we signed the marriage certificate. Are they involved in this charade as well?"

"No, they aren't."

"Then...then why didn't they come forward to identify you when they knew you weren't their daughter. Don't tell me that you fooled them too."

She sighed. "Perhaps they didn't recognize me or more likely they chose not to and didn't come forward because it'd cause them dishonor and shame."

Rishabh could comprehend. To declare that the bride wasn't their daughter would mean major loss of face for any parent.

"But why this big farce? Why did Deepika find me through a marriage portal, ask me to come here and even sign on the marriage certificate if all she intended to do was not get married at all. Why?"

The girl who called herself Madhu (if that was her real name) looked exasperated. Two becoming spots of red appeared on her cheeks. Digging into her purse, she pulled out a small notepad, briskly jotted something down and handed it to Rishabh. "Here, this is Deepika's cell. Call and ask her yourself. My job is done and I'm out of here."

Job?" He was overcome by an immense fury. He glowered at her. "What job? Do girls get paid nowadays to do stand-ins during weddings?!"

"No, I don't do stand-ins!" She shot back with equal vehemence. "Deepika didn't pay me a dime! I just helped my friend and I truly regret it. It seemed kind of fun initially but now I know it was in very bad taste. I apologize. But I have to go now. It's getting late and yes, do call her. I'm sure she'll be expecting it." She made another attempt toward the door.

"Oh no, not so fast sweetheart!" He said, holding her firmly by the arm. "Deepika can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. I'll have nothing to do with spineless selfish cowards who don't think twice before hurting others. She has betrayed my trust... and you...," He shoved her roughly onto the bed, "Deepika's friend' and my Accidental Wife,' are going to supply me with the explanation I deserve."

For the very first time since they'd met, those gorgeous eyes looked nervous. "It's a very long story..."

Rishabh pulled a chair in front of the door and settled himself comfortably in it. "Then I've all night to listen to it."

[

Edited by simikr - 9 years ago
noiseygirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
omg simi what an update like it...my lyk button isnt working waiting fr next