Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Life is beautiful

mudraswathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
(This particular piece of work might not get any appreciation. But sure, every reader agrees with the fact that life is beautiful. This story is loosely based on 'A fault in our stars' by John Green)

Dr. Nidhi is on rounds. She watched Rohan adjusting the oxygen tubes of sleeping Bittu for a while.

'Rohan you should be really in the bed at this time'.

'Bittu wanted super Mario story doctor! and when will he be discharged?'

'probably tomorrow'. Nidhi sighed ... Bittu will be discharged only to come back...still his mom's sobbing is ringing in her ears.
Rohan whistled... 'You are  great doctor! You gave him some more time to catchup with other heroes too'.

Nidhi patted Rohan's outstretched arm. Her profession tells her not to get emotional .. but it is difficult not to get entangled with everyday life... The crippled forms of life in front of her.

'Hello! I know your name. You are Anji right? I am Rohan. Why dont you come to the cafeteria with me?'

Anji's mom was next to her reading a report. Mom raised her head from the pages and looked at Rohan in surprise. She had seen this boy lying on the bed under medicinal effect in the afternoon when they arrived.

'Hello Rohan! Anji needs medicines. She has her scan scheduled for tomorrow'.

'Dont worry mam, I will see that she has her meds'.. Rohan gestured Anji towards the door.
Anji became uncertain. She never had a boy talking to her, ever since she had an exposed ugly tumor near her throat. With her face was slightly swollen with steroids..not only boys, even girls from her class shunned her as if she was contagious. Her hoarse voice made others fear even more.

'Hello Doctor Nidhi, This is Anji. My new neighbor. We have come here for a walk'

Nidhi smiled at the pretty face next to Rohan, which has a mixture of wonder at being considered as a normal person and shy being walked out with a boy right infront of her mom and others.. .

'Rohan, do visit us whenever you feel like. This is our address'
'Oh yes ..By the way, these are our recent pics. I will mail them to you'

This is totally a new experience for Anji and frankly she is loving it. Ever since, cancer was detected, she went into a kind of island state. Despite her mother's efforts, she could not continue attending the classes with her visible tumors causing her friends turn their faces away.

Anji thought about Rohan for a while. She desperately needed a friend to talk about her feelings. Definitely she cannot share these special feelings with her mom.

'Hello Anji! Not slept yet?' Nidhi has night duty again that day. Ofcourse, Rohan was like an open book. His delight at meeting Anji is clear on his face, but the twinkle in Anji's eyes also did not go unescaped from Nidhi's sharp observation.

'Hi! Dr. Nidhi! How nice to see you. ummm...'
'What is it Anji?'
With Nidhi's affectionate nudging, slowly, Anji poured her heart to Nidhi. At the same time, her reservations too. An emotion of sympathy swept over Nidhi.

'Why do you think you are undeserving of anybody's love Anji? You are a charming and compassionate girl. A gem like Rohan is very rare. Please do not put yourself into a self doubt, with something that you have not asked yourself. Let your pain  not rule your heart.'

'But Doctor! what happens to Rohan when I am gone?'
'The same thing that happens to all our near and dear when we are gone'.
'Dont say 'we' doctor. You dont have this.' The soft and soothing assurances of Nidhi is giving her hope; yet the discomfort in her throat crudely brought her back to the reality.

Nidhi and Anji did not notice until that moment Rohan standing in her doorway.
'Anji! no one is permanent in this world. Yes! ofcourse, you should have had a great long life and it should not have had only 24 years, nor only 25 years to me. But isnt it we appreciate more our lives than if we haven't had this?..We should learn to live in today'.

'Hello mam, can I take Anji for a movie?'
'Why dont you watch at home?'
'Ok then.. can we go to the park?'
'Please come back soon. Rohan! I want to talk to you'
'Yes mam'
'Rohan! you are a survivor, but not Anji. She has to be on that medicines'
'I fully know well about it Aunty. Dont forget we are all fighters.  Fight is giving more mental strength
...and no survivors.'

Anji changed quickly into her favourite floral turquoise full length dress.

'Can I hold my angel's hand while walking?'
'Yes you can. but I know you are laughing at my dress'
'Dress?'
.. momentarily Anji remembered her friend's comment.. boys see only what they want to see (nothing to do with ocular melanoma or the beautiful dress).

Next day morning,

'Mom! Did Rohan call me while was asleep?' Shyama never woke Anji from her sleep - let her have the comfort of sleep atleast when she can.
'Anji! Rohan was admitted last night'
'Why didnt you tell me this yesterday? I want to go to the hospital.'
---

Later, @ the hospital,

'Anji! Rohan left you this letter'
Few lines were scrawled across. Tears pooled in Anji's eyes made the writing even more difficult to read.
'Let not cancer kill you before it can. Life is like a beautiful flower. Every one deserves its fragrance.'
Edited by mudraswathi - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ttrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Me first πŸ˜ƒ

Very heart-touching... Yeah... Life is truly beautiful. Must be lived like there's no tomorrow but silly us humans waste too much lifespan worrying about future & regretting about past...

Will write more about this update a little later. Thank u for such Mudralicious post Mudraji πŸ€—
mudraswathi thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ttrocks

Me first πŸ˜ƒ

Very heart-touching... Yeah... Life is truly beautiful. Must be lived like there's no tomorrow but silly us humans waste too much lifespan worrying about future & regretting about past...

Will write more about this update a little later. Thank u for such Mudralicious post Mudraji πŸ€—

Thanks a lot Tupu for your take on this piece!😊
babita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Our life is a message to the world. Let's make sure that it is inspiring. 
Very beautiful story related to the life living fully. Mudra di, i got emotional but learnt a lesson here. 
Life is a beautiful flower, everyone deserves it's fragrance. Rohan knew that he'll not survive, yet he gave a life full of love to anji and made her know the life's beauty. 
Very nicely written πŸ‘ Live beautifully, dream passionately and love completely. 
Edited by babita68 - 9 years ago
mudraswathi thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: babita68

Our life is a message to the world. Let's make sure that it is inspiring. 

Very beautiful story related to the life living fully. Mudra di, i got emotional but learnt a lesson here. 
Life is a beautiful flower, everyone deserves it's fragrance. Rohan knew that he'll not survive, yet he gave a life full of love to anji and made her know the life's beauty. 
Very nicely written πŸ‘ Live beautifully, dream passionately and love completely. 

Actually, I would rather this story written by some writer of this forum. I was worried all the time, whether I could convey the message properly.

Thank you Babita.😊. Thanks for reading and appreciating😳
rayafan17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail
Very insightful.. Thought provoking I did not click like button with a purpose.

Hope that I can at least try to live life in the present

How have you been teacherji
mudraswathi thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -deepali17-

Very insightful.. Thought provoking I did not click like button with a purpose.

Hope that I can at least try to live life in the present

How have you been teacherji

Deepa
Edited by mudraswathi - 9 years ago
aardhan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Very beautiful, very meaningful. 
What an insightful post Mudra. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I liked it.. no, loved it! Hope we all gain some perspective from this thought and try to use our present wisely. 
bc123456 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lovely , touching story , beautifully brought out ,

Life is short 
Live it ,
Cry not for what you don't have ,
Smile at what god gives you ,
Make every moment count 
In every small way ,
For it never comes back 
The past is long gone, 
The future far away 
Today is here 
Make the most of it ,

Edited by bc123456 - 9 years ago
floridadoc thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Very touching n emotional story Mudra..v well written..lovely n meaningful..indeed Life is beautiful...
@ Dr. Babs..beautifully written.. so true..Today is here..make the most of it..