Your Favorite Dystopian book? - Page 4

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by zephyr29

Same here, but would I revisit it again? Now that's an interesting question ðŸ˜†
I wouldn't, at least not for a long time from now anyway.😆
Edited by miss_bennet - 9 years ago
Ok.. I'm still skeptical about What actual Dystopian book is but i think i did read few month back Ready Player one by Ernest Cline which do fit in this category .. and i thoroughly enjoyed it . Love the geeky, 80s , video game and futuristic combo -- i think it will make a really great movie. :) 
The giver
The darkest minds(really good)
The hunger games (of course)
Divergent
Legend 
1984(still a classic)

Originally posted by No2Pencil

Ok.. I'm still skeptical about What actual Dystopian book is but i think i did read few month back Ready Player one by Ernest Cline which do fit in this category .. and i thoroughly enjoyed it . Love the geeky, 80s , video game and futuristic combo -- i think it will make a really great movie. :) 

Yup that book definitely does come under Dystopian fiction

Plus if you are familiar with the worlds in books like Hunger Games or Divergent they all come under Dystopians as well.
Originally posted by -GlitterVomit-

The giver
The darkest minds(really good)
The hunger games (of course)
Divergent
Legend 
1984(still a classic)

Legend is a book I've heard a lot about and even the story seems interesting. Adding it to my TBR list 
my fav is hunger games...
and i love reading such fantasizing books...
different from the real world.
and giving new reading experiences...

Originally posted by athi_vrushan

my fav is hunger games...
and i love reading such fantasizing books...
different from the real world.
and giving new reading experiences...

I guess Hunger Games was the book to make Dystopia the rage again among the current generation 

Yeah Dystopians are fascinating reads coz it makes us imagine and wonder what a world of tomorrow would be like, how the things happening now might affect the days to come, and whether we'd still be around to witness these changes in the future ðŸ˜Š
My favourite Dystopian novels are Divergent & Matched (: 
Haven't read many but recently finished "The Hunger Games" series and i'm completely in love with this series or broadly with this category.. planning to read "Divergent" Series by Veronica Roth next :)
Originally posted by shubhika124

Never let me go

Ah now that's an interesting dystopian. Even though not my favorite I loved the way the whole story was structured around this mystery surrounding these children and why (or for what) exactly were they being being reared/trained in that school, what was is their purpose in the greater world, while also being a moving coming-of-age tale. But I don't know I found the theme too bleak and depressing, especially when the mystery was revealed.