Ad problems on Chrome :( ...Issue not solved :(

Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
From the past few months I have been noticing several ads popping up each and every second as I refresh the page or even click on any button, specially the back button [example below in the screenshot]. I use Google Chrome and I want to ask is this problem basically on Chrome, or on other browsers as my second choice will be Internet Explorer.
But whenever I use Explorer, such ads do not come up, and browsing IF is so much ease.
I did tried to find out solution to this problem by an extension from Chrome Web Store, AdBlock, but the with so many ads, the extension block the whole site and was not opening on Chrome. I had to take to an software expert and he solved the issue.
So is there any way of blocking these ads on Chrome, as Chrome is the best browser when it comes to browsing.
Waiting for reply,
- Kalyani

Direct link: - https://i.imgur.com/c3DeD4A.png

Edited by kalyani_shiva - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
This is not an IF problem, but rather a Chrome problem. You need to disable pop-ups and it should be okay.
For this go to the 3 lines that are beside the URL bar and click on Settings. Then at the very bottom click on "+ Show advanced settings". When the advanced settings pops up go down to the title "Privacy" and click on "Content settings". A screen will pop-up. Scroll down until you see "Pop-ups" and then click on "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)" and click "Done". This should resolve the issue.
kchaims thumbnail
Hey 
you can try using different browsers and try running a antivirus .I used to get pop ups too - like a lot in my previous laptop,later i realised it was due to virus in my laptop. Now I use chrome and safari in my laptop and both works without any pop ups. I just get the normal ads.
Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Originally posted by: KhotaSikaShreya

This is not an IF problem, but rather a Chrome problem. You need to disable pop-ups and it should be okay.

For this go to the 3 lines that are beside the URL bar and click on Settings. Then at the very bottom click on "+ Show advanced settings". When the advanced settings pops up go down to the title "Privacy" and click on "Content settings". A screen will pop-up. Scroll down until you see "Pop-ups" and then click on "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)" and click "Done". This should resolve the issue.

Thanks will try the same and inform you, Shreya.
You are always helpful person ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜ƒ

you can try using different browsers and try running a antivirus .I used to get pop ups too - like a lot in my previous laptop,later i realised it was due to virus in my laptop. Now I use chrome and safari in my laptop and both works without any pop ups. I just get the normal ads.

I already have an antivirus installed in my lappy, and the anti virus scans the computer as soon as it is updated. 
Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Shreya and Tanu firstly thanks a ton for your help 🤗, I tried the solution both of you gave me, but the issue still persists 😭.
I am hell bent with these ads, thinking I should stop using Chrome now on
kchaims thumbnail
I think you should give other browsers a try.
Minionite thumbnail
Uninstall Google Chrome and re-install it. Maybe that'll work.
Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Originally posted by: KhotaSikaShreya

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Uninstall Google Chrome and re-install it. Maybe that'll work.</font>

Yes even I was thinking of doing it, but first I will have to copy paste my bookmarks in MS-Word 😆