Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mudraswathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Anjani, A very important question.
Thank you for raising.

I think it is important to know how you have come to this decision of taking up this particular job...and what is your meaning of success.
Let us talk about a finance career later.

Any job.. say, a software professional. I think one should retrospect why  you did take it up.

>> Your parents decided that you should be in this profession?

>> You were a very responsible kid . your parents had dreams about you and you are making their dreams come true

>> You need money to live and took up any job every job and later when you have earned enough, you will think about what to do

>> This world is made up of several spending-venues. One must get money to use them.

>> Youth attractions need money.

Once you think about these options, then you will know why one should work, rather a particular job
hkp11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Good question Anjani. 😉   Initially, to make ends meet.  Then later for career. 😃   There are so many folks struggling to make ends meet. 😕

What about you?
Anjani9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mudraswathi

Thank you for raising.

I think it is important to know how you have come to this decision of taking up this particular job...and what is your meaning of success.

Any job.. say, a software professional. I think one should retrospect why  you did take it up.

>> You were a very responsible kid . your parents had dreams about you and you are making their dreams come true

>> You need money to live and took up any job every job and later when you have earned enough, you will think about what to do

>> This world is made up of several spending-venues. One must get money to use them.

Once you think about these options, then you will know why one should work, rather a particular job

Mudraji, not finance career ... career for finance...that is money...😊
Anjani9 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hkp11

Good question Anjani. 😉   Initially, to make ends meet.  Then later for career. 😃   There are so many folks struggling to make ends meet. 😕

What about you?

I know about the initial stage...after ends meet, what next...putting 100% effort on job is it worth?
Edited by Anjani9 - 9 years ago
saibanu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice post 👏👏👏

Even though it is a generalized question but let me answer you from my point of view 😳

In the beginning it is to be self dependent and then it was purely for money, the thrill of it and of course  ... i wanted to enjoy everything and only this job  could give me the life style I so wanted to live...but as you say for long run , is that all one need ? to buy arm loads of clothes? to eat in exotic restaurants ?...I don't think so ...I am reaching my saturation point, my priorities are changing , money is falling in last bucket now and my attention is turning towards what I really want to do !!!

So the bottom line is , We should work because we enjoy doing it and not for money...I understood it 😳

This is really nice thought provoking post ...👏👏
bc123456 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I think initially it's a challenge to prove to yourself and the world that you can achieve  what you set out to do then finiancial implications are also important , and I think every woman should be capable enough to stand on her own feet , it increases her self esteem ,and confidence , also when u have a brain u want to use it , 
But a woman wears many hats , besides being a working woman , a wife , mother and a homemaker , sometimes these take too much of a toll ,hence you want to quit and take time out for yourself too 
I work ,one because I love my work ,plus the money , also the satisfaction at the end of the day of a job well done , 
Maybe someday I'll quit and travel and write , but only maybe
Anjani9 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mudraswathi

Thank you for raising.

Mudraji, Say all the above options are fulfilled and then you have enough money and can sustain for your life with that money, what should we work for?

Career at senior level takes lot of time...it does not give flexibility to relax...
Anjani9 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: saibanu

Nice post 👏👏👏

Even though it is a generalized question but let me answer you from my point of view 😳

In the beginning it is to be self dependent and then it was purely for money, the thrill of it and of course  ... i wanted to enjoy everything and only this job  could give me the life style I so wanted to live...but as you say for long run , is that all one need ? to buy arm loads of clothes? to eat in exotic restaurants ?...I don't think so ...I am reaching my saturation point, my priorities are changing , money is falling in last bucket now and my attention is turning towards what I really want to do !!!

So the bottom line is , We should work because we enjoy doing it and not for money...I understood it 😳

This is really nice thought provoking post ...👏👏

Probably money has come to last bucket for me Sai, the reason I raised this question...
Anjani9 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bc123456

I think initially it's a challenge to prove to yourself and the world that you can achieve  what you set out to do then finiancial implications are also important , and I think every woman should be capable enough to stand on her own feet , it increases her self esteem ,and confidence , also when u have a brain u want to use it , 

But a woman wears many hats , besides being a working woman , a wife , mother and a homemaker , sometimes these take too much of a toll ,hence you want to quit and take time out for yourself too 
I work ,one because I love my work ,plus the money , also the satisfaction at the end of the day of a job well done , 
Maybe someday I'll quit and travel and write , but only maybe

Satisfaction will be there but as we move to higher roles, the responsibilities will be more and we will not be able to view Sun rise and Sun set, then we get into doubt...why are we working...