Users

Frequent Posters

mudraswathi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Anjani9

Mudraji, not finance career ... career for finance...that is money...😊

two different things Anjani.

One is, you could earn a living doing anything (career for finance ). Second thing is how much is enough for you to pursue your dreams (finance your career)
mudraswathi thumbnail

I know about the initial stage...after ends meet, what next...putting 100% effort on job is it worth?

when will the ends meet?

By the time you think you have passed the initial stages, you are into more liabilities. (I assume you are working for some body still). The house, kids, their studies and their future..etc..etc.. This makes one to take up a job which yields more than the current earnings. If someone is in this rat race, then putting 100% is inevitable...there is a crude saying... 'If rape is inevitable, lie down and enjoy'
mudraswathi thumbnail

Mudraji, Say all the above options are fulfilled and then you have enough money and can sustain for your life with that money, what should we work for?

Career at senior level takes lot of time...it does not give flexibility to relax...

By then, You will learn that you are working for your own sake too. SO you will find relaxation automatically.

One lady resigned after working for 13 years (at a manager level in public sector). She simply couldnt go with the typical office politics at senior level. She thought she would rather enjoy life with children. She literally took part in the activities of her children at school and neighborhood. But how many can afford such a decision? or how many see this as relaxation?

Another friend was handling his family business, pursuing research at IIT, and got time to read atleast two books a month. How did he manage all this?

Diksha_1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Totally Agree with you Doc 👍🏼

Anjani9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: bc123456

I think initially it's a challenge to prove to yourself and the world that you can achieve  what you set out to do then finiancial implications are also important , and I think every woman should be capable enough to stand on her own feet , it increases her self esteem ,and confidence , also when u have a brain u want to use it , 

But a woman wears many hats , besides being a working woman , a wife , mother and a homemaker , sometimes these take too much of a toll ,hence you want to quit and take time out for yourself too 
I work ,one because I love my work ,plus the money , also the satisfaction at the end of the day of a job well done , 
Maybe someday I'll quit and travel and write , but only maybe

What ever identity we have when we are working will not be there after we discontinue...we should also plan and prepare for it...
Edited by Anjani9 - 9 years ago
bc123456 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

What ever identity we have when we are working will not be there after we discontinue...we should also plan and prepare for it...

Yes I know that is why I don't quit , cause despite my grumbles , love what I do , and the freedom money wise too, it's a lot to give up, when I can't do it will sit down and relax , and try and be happy 
rajanigandha26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Your perfect job should be one that helps you reach your goals and the plans that you have for yourself in life over the long term. We enjoy working if our education, experience and skills are being fully utilized at the job we have chosen. But the main reason I work is for financial security More than a passion its money. How much ever we earn its always less.
Its a very good question dear but what makes you ask this question?
Edited by rajanigandha26 - 9 years ago
rajanigandha26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mudraswathi

when will the ends meet?

By the time you think you have passed the initial stages, you are into more liabilities. (I assume you are working for some body still). The house, kids, their studies and their future..etc..etc.. This makes one to take up a job which yields more than the current earnings. If someone is in this rat race, then putting 100% is inevitable...there is a crude saying... 'If rape is inevitable, lie down and enjoy'

Well said Mudra. I didnt work for 5 years and that too in peak of my career  because my priorities were different but now I have to... no choice. But I am satisfied with what I have and not very ambitious person.
Anjani9 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rajanigandha26

Your perfect job should be one that helps you reach your goals and the plans that you have for yourself in life over the long term. We enjoy working if our education, experience and skills are being fully utilized at the job we have chosen. But the main reason I work is for financial security More than a passion its money. How much ever we earn its always less.
Its a very good question dear but what makes you ask this question?

Rajani, There are many factors...I want to know why people work and if money is not the criteria...what pushes towards work???
Anjani9 thumbnail
Originally posted by: mudraswathi

when will the ends meet?

Liabilities ended recently 😊