Only Test: Zim v SA at Harare - Page 3

Posted: 9 years ago
Zimbabwe did show good application both with the bat and ball. Taylor led the way with a patient 93 in the first innings while Nyumbu and Tiripano did well with the ball. They will only get better with more exposure on the international stage.
Sean Williams: Pretty good game for us, considering we haven't played Tests in so long. We would have liked to take it to the fifth day and setting a target of 150-200. It was a tough wicket to bat on and it was a survival mode today but ended up not working for us.
AB de Villiers: Very satisfied with the win, we played well through the day. Test cricket is all about playing well away from home. Personally not a great game for me I'd have liked to score more. Zimbabwe are always competitive in ODIs and it's important to do well away from home in that format too.
Dane Piedt is the Man of the Match in his debut Test.
Piedt: 'I was told the day before that I would play. I practised a lot in Sri Lanka. It was really good, I feel I was patient on this surface. You learn everday bowling to the likes of AB de Villiers and Amla. We are happy to get the win and I am happy to represent a proud cricketing nation.'
Amla: 'Credit to Zimbabwe. They played good cricket. We are happy with the win. Zimbabwe prepared the wicket that suited them more than us. We adapted to it, special mention to our batters. The ball was turning quite a bit. Piedt bowled very well, he bowled exceptionally well. He has a lot of backing in the team, he could be a future star for us. Test cricket, no matter who you play, is a tough encounter. It has been good going so far. I am definitely looking forward to the ODIs. I take a bit of a backseat but I will be looking to contribute with the bat.
Taylor: 'We certainly tried to compete with them. We did work hard and tried to make the best of it. We were competitive for three days but we were blown away later. They made it difficult for us, you will have to expect that from the best team. There were some soft dismissals, including myself. There were a lot of positives. Nyumbu has been around in first-class cricket for many years. He was fantastic and was supported by the seamers. We are excited for the ODIs. Bulawayo has a good cricketing surface. A big thank you to our supporters.'
It's the end of the only Test here at Harare which South Africa have taken by nine wickets. 
South Africa won but well Played ZIM
#ProteaFIRE Boom Boom