~*Shaandaar - Shahid-Alia - Updates Thread - Oct 22nd Release *~ - Page 4

Posted: 9 years ago

Bollywood-by-the-sea: Bemused visitors to Yorkshire town become extras in Indian film 

• Producers descend on Saltburn-By-The-Sea to film new Bollywood movie
  • Bemused residents became film extras as work on romantic drama started
  • 'Shaandaar' to star Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt alongside Shahid Kapoor 

By JULIAN ROBINSON FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 14:59 GMT, 3 September 2014 | UPDATED: 15:46 GMT, 3 September 2014

Bemused visitors to a small seaside town became movie extras - when a Bollywood film crew descended on their town.

Residents walking the decks of Saltburn Pier were thrust into the action as directors making a movie called 'Shaandaar' tried to set the scene on a typical day in Saltburn-By-The-Sea, North Yorkshire.

The Manchester-based production company caused a stir among passing locals as crowds gathered to get a glimpse of the film-making.

Scroll down for video 

Lights, camera, action: Two Bollywood actresses walk down Saltburn Pier in Saltburn-By-The-Sea as bemused locals watch on in the background
+7

Lights, camera, action: Two Bollywood actresses walk down Saltburn Pier in Saltburn-By-The-Sea as bemused locals watch on in the background

Take two: Some visitors were even asked to stand in as extras as the film crew worked in the seaside resort in North Yorkshire
+7

Take two: Some visitors were even asked to stand in as extras as the film crew worked in the seaside resort in North Yorkshire

And some visitors were even drafted in as extras as the cameras started to roll for the romantic drama. 

Angela Sen, 57, was walking her dog along the sea-front in the North Yorkshire town when she was handed her first role in front of camera.

She said: 'I went to have a look at what was going on down at the pier and someone approached me and asked me if I could help out.

'I had to walk with my dog along the pier as the crew filmed the action.

'It will be something to look out for when the film is released, but I wouldn't say it was my 'big break' really.

Bollywood film crew roll into small Yorkshire seaside town
Bemused: Two visitors to the seaside resort wait patiently on a bench on Saltburn pier as producers tinker with a piece of filming apparatus
+7

Bemused: Two visitors to the seaside resort wait patiently on a bench on Saltburn pier as producers tinker with a piece of filming apparatus

Glamorous: Actresses in bikinis could be seen taking part in filming for the new Bollywood movie, called 'Shaandaar'
+7
Glamorous: Actresses in bikinis could be seen taking part in filming for the new Bollywood movie, called 'Shaandaar'
+7

Camera crews take up their positions while two visitors to the town sit on a bench next to one of the Bollywood actors
+7

Camera crews take up their positions while two visitors to the town sit on a bench next to one of the Bollywood actors

Shaandaar is understood to be the first film about 'destination weddings'
+7

Shaandaar is understood to be the first film about 'destination weddings'

'It is great for the town though.

'I hope it encourages other film crews to come here because it is a lovely British town.'

The Indian Express reports that Shaandaar will star Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt alongside Shahid Kapoor. 

The website reports that it will be India's first film about 'destination weddings'.

oh never heard abt this one
BM
Originally posted by vssaras

she resembles supriya ...
pretty
Originally posted by VivaEmptiness

When does Alia start shooting?

Both have already started...
waiting anxiously for this movie as have high expectation from the director after watching Queen ðŸ˜ƒ
@ShahidzDeewani: We're splitting d shooting between UK,Mumbai n Poland n a lot of d Englinsh scenes have been done in Leeds n West Yorkshire. - AD #Shaandar
Everything sounds great about this movie except Alia Bhatt ðŸ¤¢
I mean this girl needs to finish school, not worry about being the next It-Girl of Bollywood. She's going to look like Shahid's sister here ðŸ˜•