Yudh 17: Red herrings aplenty

Posted: 9 years ago

Folks,

At least  that is how it seemed to me by the episode end.  Let me explain why, and see if you agree with me or not.  I am thus not taking the episode in linear fashion, but picking out the  segments that seem to me to be intentionally  deceptive, given that Yudh has a fixed script that relies on logic, unlike, say, a  Balaji product, where anything at all can happen for no reason at all! Things have to fit  into a fixed, pre-determined  framework here.

Red herring 1:Anand and Yudh: sudden estrangement:  Now this seemed decidedly odd to me.  Yes, Anand does look disturbed and unsure of himself when his wife points out to him that he merely works for Shanti Constructions, and the company, for all his talk of  Maine aur Yudh ne yeh company khadi ki thi.., is not his. It looked as if  he was re-evaluating his own standing in the firm and, as he left for the airport,  was in the mood to assertively demand what he saw as due to him for all that he had done for the  firm since its inception. It looked like he  was planning to do that on the ride back to  town with Yudh.

This sense of disappointment with  the lack of  a high formal status for him in the  firm could also be seen in Anand's odd comment to Yudh, referring not just to Taruni but also to his own wife Preeti, Auraton ko har baat  ka ehsaas pehle se hi ho jaata hai.

But if you watch their shouting match at the airport attentively, it looks far too abrupt, and almost rehearsed. Even if one were to accept that in the heat of his frustration, stoked by his wife, Anand might have yelled at Yudh Tumhara dimaag kharab ho gaya hai kya? , I cannot imagine Yudh, always so kind and  thoughtful when it comes to his staff - and Anand is not just  a senior staffer, but a close associate and friend of very long standing -retorting  to Anand's protest at his not having been consulted with  an abrupt and off putting Maine zaroori nahin samajha..aur phir Rishi ke haq banta hai.  

Nor can I  imagine a Yudh,  who always puts the company  and the welfare of  his 10000+ employees first, saying that  if the firm's stock fell in the market  because of Rishi becoming the overall CEO, that would be what he wanted, for  only then would Rishi see  what was going wrong and learn from it. It is  simply inconcievable!

Lastly, when Anand  fumes that he has only now realised that he is neither a partner nor a friend of Yudh' s, but merely  his employee,  the Yudh we know would have hastened to assure him of his importance and to soothe his hurt feelings. He would not say  Ho nahin, the,  and then walk away, turning his back on Anand. The cold, level gaze with which he regards the angry Anand is excellent, but I am convinced that it is all an act.

Also, after this blow  up, which makes the front page of the papers, Yudh does not refer to Anand at all, angrily or  otherwise. On the contrary, when he is swelling with pride at Rishi having turned the mining company situation around on his own, Yudh says to his wife, without the slightest awkwardness, that Rishi had, on his own, managed what Anand aur main nahin kar sake.  It is as if their falling out had never happened.

I thus feel that the whole estrangement drama, conducted at such a high decibel level at the airport,  was staged to fool the likes of Malik and Nikhil, and whoever else is working with them, into approaching Anand, now seen as an impacable adversary of Yudh's,  to co-operate  with them to bring Yudh down. In the process, Anand (and thus Yudh) would be able,  with luck, to ferret out the identity of the mastermind who is  out to get Yudh, the shaitaani dimaag, as Anand once put it.

Part 2 of this scheme seemed, judging from the precap, to be coming along swimmingly, with Malik and Nikhil talking to Anand about working together against Yudh.

Red herring 2?: But what I could not understand was Anand making a false confession to Inspector Choudhuri that  he had  murdered Jeet  because he was out to get Yudh. Would this not have blown Anand's cover vis a vis Malik & Nikhil and the shaitaani dimaag?  Then again, why would Anand,  briefed earlier by Mona about Jeet's constructive attitude, think that Jeet was out to destroy Yudh? And what purpose would be served by getting rid of one vigilance officer working on Yudh's case?  Another vigilance officer would taken  over, and the case would go on.   Anand knows this, and Choudhuri would know it too.

So this fake confession 2 (the first being Mona's, that she had killed Kapil) seems to be yet another red herring, except that unlike in the first case, I cannot make out what purpose  lies behind it.

Red herring 3: Ajaatashatru: Ok, so now we know what the chap is really called. Ajaatashatru, aka   Taruni's confusing Ajju,  sounding so much like Arjun.

Well, I had said pretty harsh things about him in my post on Episode 15, but I  honestly did not expect him to be suddenly revealed to  be a cold-blooded killer. But he fitted the part of a hit man to perfection. The sight of his face after he had finished pumping 3 bullets into the unsuspecting Jeet from a gun fitted with a silencer, icy, detached, unfeeling -  a mask of death -  with deep set eyes as hard as  agates (he was not wearing his glasses, curiously enough),   was enough to give anyone the willies.  I would not want to meet him down a dark street!

The murder is committed late one evening, for Jeet is walking  back to his car in the dusk or  even dark.  As he was doing so,  and it was a slow, long walk, I  had an uneasy feeling, a sort of  premonition that something was going to go badly wrong, but I never expected  it to be this Ajju.

To revert, without the cover of darkness, Ajaatashatru would never have risked such an open killing, even with a silencer. Next,  he turns up at Yudh's place, pretending that he was in the vicinity on work and thought of looking up  Yudh's wife.

He has obviously come there straight from murdering Jeet. But for what? To plant the murder weapon somewhere in Yudh's living room, where the servant has left him to wait while he checks with his master?  If so,  he would then have to cook up an excuse to get the police to search Yudh's house. But even if  they did  and found the gun, it might look odd , for   if Yudh was thought to have given a supari  for Jeet, he would  hardly have the murder weapon in his possession!

So maybe, like  a variation on the medical file affair, it was Jeet's file on Yudh that the killer might, after the murder,  have extracted from his briefcase, and planted in a table drawer in Yudh's living room.  This sounds more plausible, as the police would say that the killer had delivered the file to Yudh to be destroyed.  Let us see if it  is either of these.

But in any  case, Ajju is not MM. He might have the shaitaani dimaag,  but he is no mastermind with the power and reach to organise and accomplish all that MM has been doing of late against Yudh.  Especially not the political or official clout needed to force this vigilance enquiry against Gautam Dev, with Yudh being the real target.

So Taruni's Ajju, for all  his devious nastiness, is merely Red Herring 3.  He might perhaps be the terrified boy who is scared of Jokers and is hiding under the table in the orphanage, the boy who sees Yudh pocket the sale agreement for the orphanage property.

Yudh does that to protect his mentor. The agreement being found on the  site of the carnage might have  dragged Gautam Dev into the mess and even incriminated him, if the police claimed that he had ordered that Sanjay Mishra to threaten his father with the gun and get him to sign the agreement. But then would that orphan boy, even  if  he assumed that Yudh had ordered the  killings of the Mishras,  be so driven by the spirit  of revenge  to start the anti-Yudh campaign after fully 25 years? Sounds less than plausible.

Nawazuddin Siddiqui is sadly wasted in the bit appearance as Sanjay Mishra.  He does   a splendid take on a drug addict in the throes of drug deprivation - the restlessness, the  wandering mind and the incoherent speech, the twitching  limbs - they are  all brought out to perfection. But this role did not need a Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Any junior artiste could have done it adequately. It was, in a way, cheating the viewers to announce him as part  of the cast, raising expectations that his would be a key role, possibly as MM. Now since he has killed himself, there is no way he can be resurrected and made to do something substantial either.

Question: Where does Sanjay Mishra, even with his drug mafia contacts,  get hold of that automatic  weapon, which looks like an assault rifle, in 1989? Gautam Dev and Nayan's father, who pay him to bully his father into signing the agreement, could not have planned this horrible bloodbath, if only because  then they would have no way of  getting Suryadev Mishra's signature. In fact, Gautam has to wait another 15 years before he is able to get hold of this prime property in an open auction.

Enough of herrings, red or otherwise. Let us move on to the rest. First my blue-eyed boy, Rishi.

Rishi: Royal flush: Like a poker player with a superb hand looking at his opponent with  hidden triumph, Rishi, with the incriminating video recording ( I could not make out anything of what it was,  and neither, I am sure, could anyone else!)  in his possession courtesy (the  not dead) Aruna, regards the Home Minister with cool confidence. His expression, as the Minister asks him Chahte kya ho?,  is priceless. Cocky self-assurance, the amusement at having got his adversary  exactly where he wanted him, and withal a stillness  and lack of overt bravado that shows his  strength.

No wonder that the matter  is solved neatly thru a joint TV interview with the Minister, after which Rishi, and his Shanti Mining, come out sparkling white and smelling of roses.

Even more amusing was to see Rishi make a parda faash  of his Ranjan Mama, citing "two separate sources" and exposing his role in Nayantara's shooting. The deductive logic he uses  to zero in on Ranjan is impeccable; Sherlock Holmes would  have approved. The crowning  touch was his calmly  calling Dabra to take care of Ranjan's   criminal associate, the chief mover in the planned kidnapping. It was worthy of Yudh himself, or rather of a more ruthless version of Yudh.

Finally, the  studied casualness with which Rishi announces his comprehensive triumph to Yudh is delightful, as is Yudh's swelling pride in his son having achieved, on his own,  that  jo Anand aur main nahin kar sake.  There is nothing that makes a father rejoice as much as having his son better his own achievments.

But what I loved most was the little opening scene of Rishi  consoling the  shamefaced Dilip, and assuring  him that it was not his  fault that he had caved in under irresistible pressures. And trying to pep him up by talking of the revival of their cricket team. Rishi  has an innate generosity of spirit, and the ability to reach out to those who are weak and vulnerable  with not sympathy, but empathy. These qualities will, in the future, make him a true leader.

Last but not the least was the way Rishi's face lights up when he  is told that it was his "undercover friend"  who had sent him the recording, and that she would find him. The burden of guilt is suddenly lifted from his heart, and perhaps there is another reason for happiness as well!

Gautam Dev: Bitter regrets: I could not make out what Gautam meant when he said that  what all was happening to  Yudh of late had a gehra talluk  with the orphanage property, and neither could Yudh.

In true cinematic fashion, Gautam then proceeded to breathe his last, but not after making sundry mysterious references to his being ashamed of what his greed had brought down not just on him,  but on Yudh as well,  and begging Yudh's pardon repeatedly for this.

It was all pretty confusing, and I only hope Episode 18 sheds more light on this matter. For now, it was fun to see a  25 years younger Yudh in cool glares and a double breasted  jacket, looking like a Godfather,  with Anand trying to shed 25 years by pasting on a moustache! But they should have made Yudh clean shaven; a 45 year old  man would hardly have a snow white beard!

But what came thru clearly was Yudh's innate sense of integrity even then. He would not deal with the unstable, drug-ridden son,  and when he is told that his mentor and his father-in-law-to-be  had together paid the son and set  him up to get the sale agreement signed, he disapproves totally.

Incidentally, the room where Yudh takes that call  from Anand  looks like the work area of a construction professional. It is  littered with rolls of blueprints, on the desk and in a large cylindrical holder.

Precap: For  all that Taruni tells Yudh that her baba is dead, her face  set and hostile, it seems that she does not think he is in any way guilty of  the murder of Jeet, for her mother is upbraiding her for still thinking of him  as innocent. Gauri follows it up by accusing  Yudh of taking away, one by one, all that is hers. Whom does she mean by that?  Only Jeet, or Taruni as well? 

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Edited by sashashyam - 9 years ago
shyamala, i was disappointed to watch such a short scene of nawazuddin saddiqi but what an actor! i was bowled over by his performance yet again..absolutely flawless!
Awesome Analysis
I just can't understand why Anand lied in his confession
is it perhaps some kind of trick but still there has to be something much deeper
Good analysis aunty.
It was indeed a fast paced episode and with as you say, lots of red herrings.
I think the Anand-Yudh fallout is definately a staged one though can't think why for now.
Ajju's negative revelation was a surprise one though I had doubts on him for a while. Felt sorry for Jeet though who was in all looking into giving Yudh a fair trial in his investigation.
Shame that it protrays how the honest somehow can't always win over the corrupt but then in Rishi's case, wonderful to see that the youth do have hope over the old-age corrupt ways if they follow with conviction.
Lovely messages given out and sorry to say only the educated will really understand them.
Nice post as always :)
Even I was bowled over by NS. A short scene, but he managed to infuse it with the right amount of creepiness, that which gives a haunted feel to the scene.
Yup Yudh and Anand are totally fake fighting to bring out the red herring/
But actually I think AjathShatru is the one behind it all.

The beauty of the thing is that he has always shown to be so unrelated to the plot that we can't think of him as being the evil(?) genius MM. Before he is introduced in episode 3(?) we don't know what he has been upto. 

And bitterness sown in childhood has long been a part of bollywood. Take anymovie from the Angry Young Man Era.
Poor Taruni. Maybe he really does care for her
Well At least its not honest suffering Anand ðŸ˜Š
I'm pretty disappointed with Nawazzudin Siddiqui's little role. I really wished he had been the MM. That would have been a role fit for him.

But yes there were too many red herrings in yesterday's episode. I feel that Ajju may be the MM though let's see what happens.

The Yudh-Anand fallout is surely staged. There is no way that fallout could happen so easily especially after everything they've seen together for so long.

But the best part was Rishi. I couldn't wait for you so I even created my own topic praising him because really he was too good yesterday.

Thank you Aunty!
Anand's confession is definitely confusing. Either he is being blackmailed into accepting the murder or he is trying to save Yudh of the false blame. 
I think Anand would get to know that Malik and Nikhil actually have nothing to do with the problems and they were involved only with Kapil. The result of the fall out is he can exclude Malik and Nikhil from being the MM. 

Always thought something wrong with Arjun and now it is clear. But yes, somebody is definitely backing him. 

I have a weird feeling that Nawaz is still alive. I mean they showed the gun shot and then he was down. He could have staged it so that he is not caught for the firing. When Yudh left the scene, he might of left from there. 

Anurag Kashyap's entry is interesting too. 

I wish this story is written as a book. 

Great Analysis as always!
Thank you for the wonderful analysis as always!!
Very exhaustive, blow by bow analysis of the episode, Shyamala!
A lot was unfolded and a lot got tangled up in this single episode. I am eager to find out how they will untangle everything and wrap it up in three episodes. 
Originally posted by sashashyam

At least  that is how it seemed to me by the episode end.  Let me explain why, and see if you agree with me or not.  I am thus not taking the episode in linear fashion, but picking out the  segments that seem to me to be intentionally  deceptive, given that Yudh has a fixed script that relies on logic, unlike, say, a  Balaji product, where anything at all can happen for no reason at all! Things have to fit  into a fixed, pre-determined  framework here.

I guess I totally agree with each and every thing right from the word go!

Red herring 1:Anand and Yudh: sudden estrangement:  Now this seemed decidedly odd to me.  Yes, Anand does look disturbed and unsure of himself when his wife points out to him that he merely works for Shanti Constructions, and the company, for all his talk of  Maine aur Yudh ne yeh company khadi ki thi.., is not his. It looked as if  he was re-evaluating his own standing in the firm and, as he left for the airport,  was in the mood to assertively demand what he saw as due to him for all that he had done for the  firm since its inception. It looked like he  was planning to do that on the ride back to  town with Yudh.

This sense of disappointment with  the lack of  a high formal status for him in the  firm could also be seen in Anand's odd comment to Yudh, referring not just to Taruni but also to his own wife Preeti, Auraton ko har baat  ka ehsaas pehle se hi ho jaata hai.

But if you watch their shouting match at the airport attentively, it looks far too abrupt, and almost rehearsed. Even if one were to accept that in the heat of his frustration, stoked by his wife, Anand might have yelled at Yudh Tumhara dimaag kharab ho gaya hai kya? , I cannot imagine Yudh, always so kind and  thoughtful when it comes to his staff - and Anand is not just  a senior staffer, but a close associate and friend of very long standing -retorting  to Anand's protest at his not having been consulted with  an abrupt and off putting Maine zaroori nahin samajha..aur phir Rishi ke haq banta hai.  

Nor can I  imagine a Yudh,  who always puts the company  and the welfare of  his 10000+ employees first, saying that  if the firm's stock fell in the market  because of Rishi becoming the overall CEO, that would be what he wanted, for  only then would Rishi see  what was going wrong and learn from it. It is  simply inconcievable!

Lastly, when Anand  fumes that he has only now realised that he is neither a partner nor a friend of Yudh' s, but merely  his employee,  the Yudh we know would have hastened to assure him of his importance and to soothe his hurt feelings. He would not say  Ho nahin, the,  and then walk away, turning his back on Anand. The cold, level gaze with which he regards the angry Anand is excellent, but I am convinced that it is all an act.

Also, after this blow  up, which makes the front page of the papers, Yudh does not refer to Anand at all, angrily or  otherwise. On the contrary, when he is swelling with pride at Rishi having turned the mining company situation around on his own, Yudh says to his wife, without the slightest awkwardness, that Rishi had, on his own, managed what Anand aur main nahin kar sake.  It is as if their falling out had never happened.

I thus feel that the whole estrangement drama, conducted at such a high decibel level at the airport,  was staged to fool the likes of Malik and Nikhil, and whoever else is working with them, into approaching Anand, now seen as an impacable adversary of Yudh's,  to co-operate  with them to bring Yudh down. In the process, Anand (and thus Yudh) would be able,  with luck, to ferret out the identity of the mastermind who is  out to get Yudh, the shaitaani dimaag, as Anand once put it.

Part 2 of this scheme seemed, judging from the precap, to be coming along swimmingly, with Malik and Nikhil talking to Anand about working together against Yudh.

Ditto for that,no doubt this ones staged,you know,the way he says,auraton ko pehle hi sab kuch pata chal jaata hai,that line,I thght there was more to it than just the ref to his wife and taruni!So m right!

Red herring 2?: But what I could not understand was Anand making a false confession to Inspector Choudhuri that  he had  murdered Jeet  because he was out to get Yudh. Would this not have blown Anand's cover vis a vis Malik & Nikhil and the shaitaani dimaag?  Then again, why would Anand,  briefed earlier by Mona about Jeet's constructive attitude, think that Jeet was out to destroy Yudh? And what purpose would be served by getting rid of one vigilance officer working on Yudh's case?  Another vigilance officer would taken  over, and the case would go on.   Anand knows this, and Choudhuri would know it too.

So this fake confession 2 (the first being Mona's, that she had killed Kapil) seems to be yet another red herring, except that unlike in the first case, I cannot make out what purpose  lies behind it.

Red herring 3: Ajaatashatru: Ok, so now we know what the chap is really called. Ajaatashatru, aka   Taruni's confusing Ajju,  sounding so much like Arjun.

I soo knew that you will be mentioning something about his name,after all!😆

Well, I had said pretty harsh things about him in my post on Episode 15, but I  honestly did not expect him to be suddenly revealed to  be a cold-blooded killer. But he fitted the part of a hit man to perfection. The sight of his face after he had finished pumping 3 bullets into the unsuspecting Jeet from a gun fitted with a silencer, icy, detached, unfeeling -  a mask of death -  with deep set eyes as hard as  agates (he was not wearing his glasses, curiously enough),   was enough to give anyone the willies.  I would not want to meet him down a dark street!

The murder is committed late one evening, for Jeet is walking  back to his car in the dusk or  even dark.  As he was doing so,  and it was a slow, long walk, I  had an uneasy feeling, a sort of  premonition that something was going to go badly wrong, but I never expected  it to be this Ajju.>>That was sooo tru!

To revert, without the cover of darkness, Ajaatashatru would never have risked such an open killing, even with a silencer. Next,  he turns up at Yudh's place, pretending that he was in the vicinity on work and thought of looking up  Yudh's wife.

He has obviously come there straight from murdering Jeet. But for what? To plant the murder weapon somewhere in Yudh's living room, where the servant has left him to wait while he checks with his master?  If so,  he would then have to cook up an excuse to get the police to search Yudh's house. But even if  they did  and found the gun, it might look odd , for   if Yudh was thought to have given a supari  for Jeet, he would  hardly have the murder weapon in his possession!

So maybe, like  a variation on the medical file affair, it was Jeet's file on Yudh that the killer might, after the murder,  have extracted from his briefcase, and planted in a table drawer in Yudh's living room.  This sounds more plausible, as the police would say that the killer had delivered the file to Yudh to be destroyed.  Let us see if it  is either of these.

But in any  case, Ajju is not MM. >>You know I thought only I was thinking on those lines!Being MM was beyond this man!But since I am writing after watching today's episode,its quite evident,that he afterall d MM,Bouy until they back up with solid links for that story,I am sorry,I will be like whaat!!But in any case,now if we trave his journey,right from he securing Yudh's medical file,he being Tarunis sidde,mentally planting an idea,basically seeds of doubt in evribody s mind,in Taruni's family,but still..!!He might have the shaitaani dimaag,  but he is no mastermind with the power and reach to organise and accomplish all that MM has been doing of late against Yudh.  Especially not the political or official clout needed to force this vigilance enquiry against Gautam Dev, with Yudh being the real target.

So Taruni's Ajju, for all  his devious nastiness, is merely Red Herring 3.  He might perhaps be the terrified boy who is scared of Jokers and is hiding under the table in the orphanage, the boy who sees Yudh pocket the sale agreement for the orphanage property.

Yudh does that to protect his mentor. The agreement being found on the  site of the carnage might have  dragged Gautam Dev into the mess and even incriminated him, if the police claimed that he had ordered that Sanjay Mishra to threaten his father with the gun and get him to sign the agreement. But then would that orphan boy, even  if  he assumed that Yudh had ordered the  killings of the Mishras,  be so driven by the spirit  of revenge  to start the anti-Yudh campaign after fully 25 years? Sounds less than plausible.

Nawazuddin Siddiqui is sadly wasted in the bit appearance as Sanjay Mishra.  He does   a splendid take on a drug addict in the throes of drug deprivation - the restlessness, the  wandering mind and the incoherent speech, the twitching  limbs - they are  all brought out to perfection. But this role did not need a Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Any junior artiste could have done it adequately. It was, in a way, cheating the viewers to announce him as part  of the cast, raising expectations that his would be a key role, possibly as MM. Now since he has killed himself, there is no way he can be resurrected and made to do something substantial either.

Question: Where does Sanjay Mishra, even with his drug mafia contacts,  get hold of that automatic  weapon, which looks like an assault rifle, in 1989? Gautam Dev and Nayan's father, who pay him to bully his father into signing the agreement, could not have planned this horrible bloodbath, if only because  then they would have no way of  getting Suryadev Mishra's signature. In fact, Gautam has to wait another 15 years before he is able to get hold of this prime property in an open auction.

Enough of herrings, red or otherwise. Let us move on to the rest. First my blue-eyed boy, Rishi.

Rishi: Royal flush: Like a poker player with a superb hand looking at his opponent with  hidden triumph, Rishi, with the incriminating video recording ( I could not make out anything of what it was,  and neither, I am sure, could anyone else!)  in his possession courtesy (the  not dead) Aruna, regards the Home Minister with cool confidence. His expression, as the Minister asks him Chahte kya ho?,  is priceless. Cocky self-assurance, the amusement at having got his adversary  exactly where he wanted him, and withal a stillness  and lack of overt bravado that shows his  strength.

No wonder that the matter  is solved neatly thru a joint TV interview with the Minister, after which Rishi, and his Shanti Mining, come out sparkling white and smelling of roses.

Even more amusing was to see Rishi make a parda faash  of his Ranjan Mama, citing "two separate sources" and exposing his role in Nayantara's shooting. The deductive logic he uses  to zero in on Ranjan is impeccable; Sherlock Holmes would  have approved. The crowning  touch was his calmly  calling Dabra to take care of Ranjan's   criminal associate, the chief mover in the planned kidnapping. It was worthy of Yudh himself, or rather of a more ruthless version of Yudh.

Finally, the  studied casualness with which Rishi announces his comprehensive triumph to Yudh is delightful, as is Yudh's swelling pride in his son having achieved, on his own,  that  jo Anand aur main nahin kar sake.  There is nothing that makes a father rejoice as much as having his son better his own achievments.

But what I loved most was the little opening scene of Rishi  consoling the  shamefaced Dilip, and assuring  him that it was not his  fault that he had caved in under irresistible pressures. And trying to pep him up by talking of the revival of their cricket team. Rishi  has an innate generosity of spirit, and the ability to reach out to those who are weak and vulnerable  with not sympathy, but empathy. These qualities will, in the future, make him a true leader.

Last but not the least was the way Rishi's face lights up when he  is told that it was his "undercover friend"  who had sent him the recording, and that she would find him. The burden of guilt is suddenly lifted from his heart, and perhaps there is another reason for happiness as well!

Agree with you over thing about this Rishi boy!!Even I likd that part with his friend near the mines!

Gautam Dev: Bitter regrets: I could not make out what Gautam meant when he said that  what all was happening to  Yudh of late had a gehra talluk  with the orphanage property, and neither could Yudh.>>How on earth did he knw??Please explainme,if you understood the logic,I mean after today's episode atleast!

In true cinematic fashion, Gautam then proceeded to breathe his last, but not after making sundry mysterious references to his being ashamed of what his greed had brought down not just on him,  but on Yudh as well,  and begging Yudh's pardon repeatedly for this.

It was all pretty confusing, and I only hope Episode 18 sheds more light on this matter. For now, it was fun to see a  25 years younger Yudh in cool glares and a double breasted  jacket, looking like a Godfather,  with Anand trying to shed 25 years by pasting on a moustache! But they should have made Yudh clean shaven; a 45 year old  man would hardly have a snow white beard!>>>These stuff,I have totally given up now😆

But what came thru clearly was Yudh's innate sense of integrity even then. He would not deal with the unstable, drug-ridden son,  and when he is told that his mentor and his father-in-law-to-be  had together paid the son and set  him up to get the sale agreement signed, he disapproves totally.

Incidentally, the room where Yudh takes that call  from Anand  looks like the work area of a construction professional. It is  littered with rolls of blueprints, on the desk and in a large cylindrical holder.

Precap: For  all that Taruni tells Yudh that her baba is dead, her face  set and hostile, it seems that she does not think he is in any way guilty of  the murder of Jeet, for her mother is upbraiding her for still thinking of him  as innocent. Gauri follows it up by accusing  Yudh of taking away, one by one, all that is hers. Whom does she mean by that?  Only Jeet, or Taruni as well? 

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Once again kudos to you for the brilliant write up!!