Favourite characters

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Hello guys. 😃
I have returned to IF after a very long time. I have been a silent reader of the book talk forum. Felt like discussing something over here. 😳

When we read a book, we really like some characters, it may be the protagonist or some other character which really makes an impression. Tell about any such characters from the books which you have read that made an impact on you, influenced you in some way or you adored them, found them to be funny etc. Feel free to narrate in depth.
Let me start with my personal favourite character.
Character - Robert Langdon
Books - Angels and Demons, Da Vinci Code, Lost Symbol, Inferno.

When it comes to my favourite characters, Langdon has to be there. This professor clad in his Harris Tweed jacket and his mickey mouse watch manages to make his own place in your heart. He is not the conventional hero, and that's what makes him sound real, like any ordinary person. The way he tackles any problem is really relatable. He also feels lost, clueless, yet he manages to keep calm and keep going. Also he makes mistakes in his judgements, he has got his inner fears- his claustrophobia. But finally manages to emerge victorious. He has got good presence of mind.
Also I find him to be really adorable 😛 He manages to woo the ladies effortlessly and unintentionally(most of the times 😛) I feel it must be really fun to solve a mystery with him.
Well , i am quite an avid reader 😛
So , i have multiple favourite characters 😆
So , i'll just take up one randomly .
Book - P.S. I Love You 
Character - Holly
I like her because she isn't perfect and is very real . It's not like she moves on with life just like everyone expects her to . And her going through the roller coaster of emotions is very natural . I can relate to her . She is very lonely when her husband dies and gets some attention which happens . But then when people move on with life , she is angry and jealous . Which , i'll say again , is natural . Till someone doesn't talk to her , she is angry . So , yes , i really like her . She is strong to deal with the situation .