Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blacklambo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
This content was originally posted by: NalayakShaitaan

U can try PLL..first 3 seasons were good..then so so

RR might be just as bad as 1000 other shows but they for some reason are managing to get trps and RR isnt..should end for that reason if not anything else...no point continuing with a loss making venture..I agree that colors promotion tactics are horrible but that is what it is..and its for all shows..and promotions help bringing in viewers for a trial but its the story that sustains them..RR had fabulous promotions when it was to start and yet it somehow never impressed the trp audience..they tried everything and now I believe its time to move on
besides colors doesnt need so many love stories..one of the reasons MB worked coz it was new one for the channel, a love story..RR itself started with another love story (BI ) for competition

TOI had an article saying it ends in Sep too

No point in throwing good money after bad money for RR.  

I never understood why Uttaran continues to air but MEIEJ was given the boot.  MEIEJ had the fan following and it might have fared a little better had they paid some attention to the story line.  Instead, Colors decided to end it and AS & co started caring less and less about the show as it was brought to a halt.  So many issues were left unresolved such as JM's pregnancy, Raja's health issues. bw track (which they should have developed instead of the rape track) etc. 

new thread: 

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4130499

Thx for the new thread...πŸ˜ƒ

blacklambo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Blue_Scrubs

Ami...are you on a break between jobs?? enjoy it while it lasts...i'm desperate for a break too and I get one in Sept for 3 weeks...and I'll be in India for it...YYAAYYY...durga pujo!!!

That sounds fun...lucky you!

Which festival are u talking about? Ganpati festival??

Anita...why do we need to move??is there a rule about moving threads if the existing one reaches 150 pages?? if the mods don't intervene...I'd say just let it be.

I had read somewhere that it was an IF rule to move to a new thread once you reach 150 pages

Ami...I'm a devoted Android supporter too,just cause I love how flexible it is but I moved from IOS and still may return to it if IPhone 6 turns out be a better alternative.I hate how Apple has never incorporated large screens in iphone while android giants march ahead,however that will be a thing of the past with 2 variants of IPhone 6 being launced in Oct...one a 4.7" and the other a 5.5"...CANNOT WAIT πŸ˜›

Anita...which one do u prefer??

I don't mind either but hate the fact that Apple is very closed in and specific abt their software use and products.  Just to download music in any Apple device, I have to move music from my computer to iTunes first and then paste it to my device.  With Android, it goes straight from the computer to the device.  I do a lot of stuff online including banking, shopping etc and feel much safer with iOS coz it offers way better protection than Android, which is more of an open platform for me.  At the end, I feel it is a trade-off and you have to pick your poison...πŸ˜† coz have encountered some issues with both.  

I have always carried the smaller version and have NOT taken a liking to the big screens yet, so will wait and see how this one looks.

Blue_Scrubs thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
[nah.I am a Jain..we have a festival called Paryushan that lasts for 8 days..its not very well known and has pretty strict rules with regards to what one can eat and not..best thing would be complete fasting (absolutely no food for 8 days and water only from sunrise to sunset for 8 days..there are other variations..like fasting for 1/2/3/16/30 days)..it..usually end before Ganpati festival which is again huge in Mumbai/Maharashtra..then Navratri/Dushhera then Diwali..its going to be onslaught of festivals now]

Ami...this is the first time I'm hearing of Paryushan 😊,what is it meant to celebrate?8 days w/o food sounds a bit much,glad to know you won't be going through with all that πŸ˜‰. Autumn heralds the festival season in India and I desperately miss being a part of that ambience,that festive atmosphere...that mad puja shopping (since we have to dress in new clothes consecutively for 5/6 days,sometimes 2 new outfits every day).Unfortunately I return just after Lakshmi puja and will miss diwali and bhai dooj.

[I don't mind either but hate the fact that Apple is very closed in and specific abt their software use and products.  Just to download music in any Apple device, I have to move music from my computer to iTunes first and then paste it to my device.  With Android, it goes straight from the computer to the device.  I do a lot of stuff online including banking, shopping etc and feel much safer with iOS coz it offers way better protection than Android, which is more of an open platform for me.  At the end, I feel it is a trade-off and you have to pick your poison...πŸ˜† coz have encountered some issues with both.  

I have always carried the smaller version and have NOT taken a liking to the big screens yet, so will wait and see how this one looks.]

Anita...I've to agree with the security issues that surround the android platform are plenty,though I use my banking apps freely on android but prefer sticking to my laptop when doing tranfers and doing elaborate online shopping.I've been using  macbooks for the last 8 years simply because they are secure and suffer from minimal risks of hacking/virus attacks;i've never had to use anti-virus EVER...on any apple product but as soon as I moved to an android phone I had to download anti-virus software straight away. However,the constraints are multiple...as you cited,the use of ITunes for transferring music content is just one of them.

Ami,I tried using the cucirca.eu website to watch videos but it seems I need to open an account and register my credit card details before I'm allowed to view any video!!!!πŸ˜•

Anita...Where did u watch the 2nd season of OB?Netflix is only streaming the 1st season.

Edited by Blue_Scrubs - 9 years ago
SoreThumb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: blacklambo

I like Android too and might not have made the switch but for my son.  He talked me into getting an iPhone coz he knows down the line he gets to inherit it...πŸ˜†.  Somehow, kids in this country like Apple products and since they are monkey see, monkey do, when one gets it, others start buying it too.  But by now, I think he is at a stage of making even my hubby into a convert...πŸ˜†.  And my hubby is a dedicated Blackberry user but he doesn't like his present BB device.

aah the power kids have πŸ˜ƒ

Episode 4 is the last one seen but anticipate getting some time over the weekend to catch a few more episodes.

cool

Agree, no logic in Pragya's stance other than the fact that she is doing it coz of her mother but her mother is going to find it later anyway.

these ppl make it sound so dramatic...yes her mum's health may momentarily worsen but that can be taken care of..and is any mother going to like her  daughter staying this way
i caught a glimpse of KKb while dinner yest..Pragya gets drunk. Bull shit story aside..sriti was adorable ..no OTTness

I never understood why Uttaran continues to air but MEIEJ was given the boot.  MEIEJ had the fan following and it might have fared a little better had they paid some attention to the story line.  Instead, Colors decided to end it and AS & co started caring less and less about the show as it was brought to a halt.  So many issues were left unresolved such as JM's pregnancy, Raja's health issues. bw track (which they should have developed instead of the rape track) etc. 

Uttaran had more trps than MB for most part didnt it..once the trps fell I  mean..plus the production cost was lower..hence they probably let it continue..shoould have been shut long  ago once the story ended..I fault AS too..so what if the show was to end..atleast end it properly..fine dont spend much money but tie all loose ends and give it a proper closure
i saw thee stills on IF homepage..the quality of clothes was cheap to say the least
Blue_Scrubs thumbnail

Uttaran had more trps than MB for most part didnt it..once the trps fell I  mean..plus the production cost was lower..hence they probably let it continue..shoould have been shut long  ago once the story ended..I fault AS too..so what if the show was to end..atleast end it properly..fine dont spend much money but tie all loose ends and give it a proper closure
i saw thee stills on IF homepage..the quality of clothes was cheap to say the least

blacklambo thumbnail

Ami...this is the first time I'm hearing of Paryushan 😊,what is it meant to celebrate?8 days w/o food sounds a bit much,glad to know you won't be going through with all that πŸ˜‰. Autumn heralds the festival season in India and I desperately miss being a part of that ambience,that festive atmosphere...that mad puja shopping (since we have to dress in new clothes consecutively for 5/6 days,sometimes 2 new outfits every day).Unfortunately I return just after Lakshmi puja and will miss diwali and bhai dooj.

I have never heard of Paryushan too but then am not familiar with festivals related to Jains.  Btw, I am Sindhi.  Only two separate festivals that I will write later.

Anita...I've to agree with the security issues that surround the android platform are plenty,though I use my banking apps freely on android but prefer sticking to my laptop when doing tranfers and doing elaborate online shopping.I've been using  macbooks for the last 8 years simply because they are secure and suffer from minimal risks of hacking/virus attacks;i've never had to use anti-virus EVER...on any apple product but as soon as I moved to an android phone I had to download anti-virus software straight away. However,the constraints are multiple...as you cited,the use of ITunes for transferring music content is just one of them.

True dat...the joke in my house goes as follows.  If I ever ask my hubby for something that an Apple product would not do, his standard reply is send a request, it will go up to heaven or wherever Jobs is and only after he gives consent, u will be allowed that feature.  Apple is that closed a platform and they are of the opinion that they know BEST what consumers want...period.  Which is precisely the reason, all anti-virus, firewalls, pop-up blockers are built in to their software, a feature I like.  But I do hate how both Google and Apple gather all the information abt you.  Google tracks every search, virtually everything keyed into their devices.  I am pretty sure Apple does the same.  Since all the mobile devices we own are Apple, I insist on a laptop that is Windows based.  Am looking to get one but am struggling with a good piece of hardware.  Sony having exited the laptop market is not helping.

Ami,I tried using the cucirca.eu website to watch videos but it seems I need to open an account and register my credit card details before I'm allowed to view any video!!!!πŸ˜•

Anita...Where did u watch the 2nd season of OB?Netflix is only streaming the 1st season.

Naah, u don't need to open any account on that website.  At first, I thot the same, except in my case, it was going to download a video downloader.  You can x out of unnecessary screens and go straight to watching content.  I watched the entire OB on the same website.  Netflix is streaming OB, will check later! I thot Amazon acquired exclusive rights to this one!

Blue_Scrubs thumbnail
Edited by Blue_Scrubs - 9 years ago
blacklambo thumbnail

aah the power kids have πŸ˜ƒ

Tell me abt it and this starts pretty early too starting with toys that come with happy/kids meals.  After that, there is no looking back. No wonder the companies market their stuff toward the kids, so that parents are forced into buying in.

these ppl make it sound so dramatic...yes her mum's health may momentarily worsen but that can be taken care of..and is any mother going to like her  daughter staying this way

Exactly, what mother would want that for her daughter but they do show that every time something grave happens, her mother faints or becomes sick and miraculously recovers in seconds (does not even take minutes), the moment the situation reverts.

i caught a glimpse of KKb while dinner yest..Pragya gets drunk. Bull shit story aside..sriti was adorable ..no OTTness

That drunk scene has gone on for 3 episodes now and boy, is Abhi paying for it big time since he is the one to have spiked her drink per Aliya's plans...🀣.  Vaise, anytime Abhi needs help, Tanu huffs and puffs and does nothing to help him.  She is extremely shallow but still an outsider.  Surprising is Aliya, who as a sister got her bro into this situation and refuses to help him in any shape or form even when he asks for help.  She is the worse of the lot.

True dat, yes AS is at fault too.  Never followed Uttaran or its trp's but read about its closure since last year in TOI every 3-4 months and a year later it is still going strong.  Some people need to sit down and figure out why?

blacklambo thumbnail

I can recommend an apple macbook a hundred times over...it's been that trustworthy for me😊

For me, Apple's hardware now ranks the best but I purposely want a different operating software other than iOS. 

what sony is no longer manufacturing laptops??😲...going to have to pass this piece of info to my sis who insists on using sony vaio πŸ˜†

Lemme know if Sony's website in UK features any laptops coz I could not find it on their US website.  If a store has an old one, u can get it but those are extremely far and few between.

really???😲 i've tried n no.of times with the same result!!! will try again πŸ€“

The website is very crafty and makes it look otherwise.  I didn't realize it myself until Ami told me that she watches and does not download.

Netflix started streaming OB S1 from 08/08...think there's a long wait before S2 makes an appearance.

Great!  Yes, it will take them time to bring in S2.

u still visiting MB forum?? some of the folks are in quite bad shape...having difficulty moving on from their screen favs...

I did check with folks I know on fb.  All except 2-3 are fine.  I have chatted with them and suggested that they start watching something else and passed on a few recommendations of mine.  But yes, they are having a hard time.  I am visiting the MB forum but not regularly and even then prefer to read the post title rather than open the post itself.

where are u watching KKB??tv or online?I don't get zee any longer...is it even worth a shot?

KKB is the only Indian tv show I am watching regularly atm.  I don't have any cable or dish to watch Indian tv.  I play these online on any Apple device but have Apple TV (costs $100 here).  Thru Airplay embedded in iOS7, it transmits directly to tv without any hooking up laptops, hdmi wires etc.  I bought this when they introduced the 1080p version last year and highly recommend it atm.  For the shorter version now - I play it online but watch it on TV.

Google has Chromecast, (costs $35 here and works with Apple products but only for the handful of websites that it supports) and provides an even more clearer picture but it does NOT work for Indian websites atm.  I would rather watch YT on Chromecast than on Apple TV.  Google is due to release Android TV sometime this year (hopefully) and should give a strong competition to Apple TV.  If you can wait, we will soon find out as new product launches often happen around Thanksgiving in November.  If not expensive, am planning to buy that one too.  I know, I know, I am incorrigible but at least have not bought Amazon Fire TV... πŸ˜†

If you have any questions abt how to watch thru Apple or Chromecast, feel free to ask, otherwise Amazon should have plenty of reviews.

and what's the reaction to RR's off air news in their forum?πŸ˜›

Ami can update us on that one.  After a long time, actually visited that forum yesterday and the post that had me riveted was the one about people taking potshots at NRI viewers.  It seems NRI viewers say that RR was a unique show and if it is not picking up in trp's, it is coz of Indian viewers poor taste.  This particular post was made by an Indian viewer who was answering back at those allegations.  I managed to read one or two pages.

Edited by blacklambo - 9 years ago