Anything and Everything #2 (IO) - Page 17

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by blacklambo

Ami, saw episode 3 of Blacklist today.  Not much has changed in that show in s2 and style seems like a repeat of s1.  We are still on the Berlin theme.  Reed is still struggling with the fact if Red is her father or not and he is not telling her anything yet.  Not seeing anything new yet.

Saw the pilot episode of Flash and liked it.

I saw the pilot of flash too..seems like nice stuff...and Barry Allen is cute 😳

Seen first epi of Blacklist season 2...seeing the coming up in next epi, I thought we would be done by Berlin in 2nd epi..looks like they are going to strtch it..I am not sure if thats a good idea

Arrows season premiere for me today

What is ADHY on tv?

Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh - Sonali Bendre, HArsh Chayya and Apoorva Agnihotri
Sonali looks pretty as a peach and acts decently, HArsh is fab as usual..Apoorva I am not sure of..but his character seems fun..The first 2 epis have been good

@Scorpion - pilot episode seemed good but the 2nd one not so.

Will keep this one on hold then

@Manhattan Love Story - saw the pilot episode of this new show and will give it a try for future episodes - 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APzkIcR4OXE[/YOUTUBE]

seems decent in parts but I am not sure if it would have the content to last seasons..A 3 hr movie..yes..series..doubtful

@Outlander - saw the pilot episode and it seemed ok.  I usually take time to get into the story, maybe that's why.  Still stuck at episode 6 for TVD too!

@Madras Cafe - raw, gritty and applause worthy 👏.  This had better be a fictionalized attempt of the events coz if so much intel existed especially toward the end, boggles my mind how they were unable to prevent such a tragedy!

I loved the movie..it was one of the really well made ones and for a change Faqri and John did act a bit

@Paranoia with Liam Hemsworth - not so good.  Older bro, Chris (Thor) appears to be a better actor.

@MATH - still watching it and commenting on the forum though the sheen seems to be wearing off.

From a western perspective, street kids in India -

Sad truth depicted nicely

Edit -
Disregard my 1st ?...realized its Ajeeb dastaan hain yeh.  Did not know that it had started airing but will check it out.  R u watching it?  A break sometimes does good😉.

@VB - have missed Maqbool but Omkara and Kaminey were very well liked.  Have not seen Ishqiya, Dedh Ishqiya, MKBKM etc.  If you watch Haider, lemme know.  If it is pro-terrorist, I'd be skeptical too.

I will be going for HAider on weekend..will let u know how it is then
Edited by NalayakShaitaan - 9 years ago
@MLS - I agree with you and very much doubt if they will continue with this as a show with many seasons.  It will depend on its profitability just like BATB (which does not do well in ratings but according to the chief at the channel, it is profitable for everyone involved).  I saw the 2nd episode yesterday and liked that one as well, so I am in.

@Arrow - it aired last night and has probably been uploaded online by now but will try to watch it on Friday.  Meanwhile, s2 is now available that I have to catch up on.  How did you like epi1 of s3?  Can I start with s3 while catching up with s2?

@EK - she seems to be releasing shows left, right and center these days!  Every channel seems to have one of her shows aired or to be aired.  Will check out ADHY over the weekend.

@HSKD - forgot to mention earlier that I did watch this movie.  It was cute one time watch but nothing to write home about or something with a lasting impact as DDLJ, from which it is inspired.

Edit -

Forgot to mention this too.  I was able to sit thru Akshay's Holiday.  I thot it would be the usual fare and I will listen in only but surprisingly it turned out to be a decent watch and the reason was at the end when they revealed that the movie was a tribute to the Indian army and families.  Now, on that subject they could not have risked making something useless.

http://ktla.com/2014/09/23/obamas-coffee-cup-salute-draws-criticism/

The movie was like a Tom & Jerry game with moves & counter-moves between Virat (from Indian army) & the villain (sleeper cell terrorist).   No guesses for who won the game though.   A decent one time watch.

Another surprise element in the movie was Govinda in a small role.  I haven't seen much of his earlier movies but he seemed good here.  He appears to have hardly aged.

Edited by blacklambo - 9 years ago

@MLS - I agree with you and very much doubt if they will continue with this as a show with many seasons.  It will depend on its profitability just like BATB (which does not do well in ratings but according to the chief at the channel, it is profitable for everyone involved).  I saw the 2nd episode yesterday and liked that one as well, so I am in.

2 and episode of what..BATB new season?

@Arrow - it aired last night and has probably been uploaded online by now but will try to watch it on Friday.  Meanwhile, s2 is now available that I have to catch up on.  How did you like epi1 of s3?  Can I start with s3 while catching up with s2?

The season premiere was so so..Felicity and olicity rocked but nothing much happened in the epi..but come the last few minutes and and bamn..the season is on
I liked Brandon as Ray Palmer and continue to dislike Laurel
You can watch Season 3 directly..there might be some lapses in flashback and current enemies for u..but one can make do

@EK - she seems to be releasing shows left, right and center these days!  Every channel seems to have one of her shows aired or to be aired.  Will check out ADHY over the weekend.

AI have liked the 3 epi so far..third not so much but req for story development

@HSKD - forgot to mention earlier that I did watch this movie.  It was cute one time watch but nothing to write home about or something with a lasting impact as DDLJ, from which it is inspired.

Edit -

Forgot to mention this too.  I was able to sit thru Akshay's Holiday.  I thot it would be the usual fare and I will listen in only but surprisingly it turned out to be a decent watch and the reason was at the end when they revealed that the movie was a tribute to the Indian army and families.  Now, on that subject they could not have risked making something useless.

http://ktla.com/2014/09/23/obamas-coffee-cup-salute-draws-criticism/

The movie was like a Tom & Jerry game with moves & counter-moves between Virat (from Indian army) & the villain (sleeper cell terrorist).   No guesses for who won the game though.   A decent one time watch.

Another surprise element in the movie was Govinda in a small role.  I haven't seen much of his earlier movies but he seemed good here.  He appears to have hardly aged.

Yet to watch HSKD. Its on my to watch list
saw holiday..liked it and liked Akki too..except the Sonakshi-love story angle..it was a nice watch..made sense..liked the plan where all 12 kill those sleeper cell agents simultaneously and his matter of fact approach of using his sister as bait
Originally posted by NalayakShaitaan

Yet to watch HSKD. Its on my to watch list
saw holiday..liked it and liked Akki too..except the Sonakshi-love story angle..it was a nice watch..made sense..liked the plan where all 12 kill those sleeper cell agents simultaneously and his matter of fact approach of using his sister as bait

The intel used was the best part of the movie.  Akshay was not annoying and his dress up sense was decent too.  SS's role was that of a mindless ditz, so not much to like about that part.  Other than yay or nay to marriage, did she care about any other thing?  Btw, had liked Ghajini too by the same director.

The director is making a movie with Sonakshi now..I dunno if I will be able to tolerate a movie which is Sonakshi centric..She has been atrocious in all the stupid roles she does except looters

Do u like Saif Ali Khan brand of movies..not humsakals I mean but wry comedies...like Go Goa Gone?
If so then Happy ending looks good...

ADHY..so far so good..
I am also catching up on TSHJA..its a bit slow but the feel is very real and rustic..all I want is for them to do away the dead husbands flashbacks

Does ur mum watch Big Boss..how is the season turning up..I read the daily discussion thread in the forum..I am sure the updaters make it better than the show is..they are a riot 😆

Forgot to mention..I saw Khoobsurat at home..sonam is so so..overdoes things at time..but fawad is dreamy...they could have done better with the story but got to say So am Fawad have some really good opposites attract chemistry I have seen in Bollywood in recent times..and I hope ppl make more chick flicks..they are my guilty pleasure

Edit: ekkis topon ki salami.  http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4189276
Originally posted by NalayakShaitaan

The director is making a movie with Sonakshi now..I dunno if I will be able to tolerate a movie which is Sonakshi centric..She has been atrocious in all the stupid roles she does except looters

I have yet to watch Looteray but have read the O' Henry work it is based on.

Do u like Saif Ali Khan brand of movies..not humsakals I mean but wry comedies...like Go Goa Gone?
If so then Happy ending looks good...

Have not seen GGG either...is it good?  Did like SAK in Hum Tum, Salaam Namaste, Eklavya but did not like Cocktail, Kal Aaj Kal etc.

ADHY..so far so good..
I am also catching up on TSHJA..its a bit slow but the feel is very real and rustic..all I want is for them to do away the dead husbands flashbacks

Is TSHJA Tum Saath Ho Ja Apne?  When did this one start? Still watching MATH and am trying to watch the older episodes too but not much luck there as have seen only 4-5.

Does ur mum watch Big Boss..how is the season turning up..I read the daily discussion thread in the forum..I am sure the updaters make it better than the show is..they are a riot 😆

No tv talk with Mom in a month or so.  She has been busy travelling for a couple weddings in the family and I have ended up discussing those events while talking to her.  I will check with her coz she hasn't missed a season or so she tells me...thx for reminding me 😃

Forgot to mention..I saw Khoobsurat at home..sonam is so so..overdoes things at time..but fawad is dreamy...they could have done better with the story but got to say So am Fawad have some really good opposites attract chemistry I have seen in Bollywood in recent times..and I hope ppl make more chick flicks..they are my guilty pleasure

Which website did you c the move at?  Fawad looks dreamy in that movie??? He doesn't in the pics.  Did u find KK as good as they say in the reviews?  No wonder SK-FK pair is being repeated in remake of Battle for Bittora (???) it seems.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/movie-review/Ekkees-Toppon-Ki-Salaami/movie-review/44769831.cms  This made it seem like it is a decent watch.  Will check it out on Netflix, if and whenever it comes though. 

Did you watch Dawat-e-ishq, Finding Fanny or Mary Kom?  Any of these a good watch?
Edited by blacklambo - 9 years ago

I saw finding Fanny..loved the actors esp Nasser and Dimple and Pankaj Kapoor..Deepika is good at action ng but her dialogue deliver is flat..the movie I didn't like much..for a movie that's supposed to make one laugh/smile..there are barely 3-4 funny scenes.it seemed direction less to me
From Bollywood chat thread -
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4191657

From Bollywood chat thread -
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4191657

Interestingly I was one of those misguided souls who believed Hindi was our National Language
I am pretty sure I was taught that in School

To think that I learn new things on IF 😃

edit: what do u think abt the topic?