The Bond Beyond All Odds

Posted: 9 years ago

"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals." 

- Paul McCartney.

Animal-Human relationship - the most dynamic, fragile and complex connection is built on mutual understanding and convenience. The relationship which is believed to have coexisted from immemorial time is presumed to be an enduring bond. 

Guided and trained to be a faithful companion to us, animals are an integral part of human existence. They are assumed to be the most reliable and help us conceal our frustration and pain.

This relationship can be both positive or negative, depending on how you treat animals. They can most fierce, possessive and loyal, which works both for and against in a relationship. We've often heard the golden rule that says, "treat others they way you would like to be treated." And that is the most fundamental base of animal-human relationship.  

Give them love and care, they'll return in with unconditional loyalty. Give them anger and aggression, they'll return the same in a much violent behaviour. 

This unusual bonding is not limited for solace and comfort. Nowadays, animals are being used for therapeutic purposes referred to as animal-assistance therapy. Tender and affectionate behaviour of animals and feeling of security have shown positive effects and healed numerous patients . 

Keeping them engaged and acting as an antidote for loneliness, the disable people are feeling more secured and content. Being effortless, it has proved to besignificant and beneficial. Animals have also proven extremely helpful for people suffering from emotional trauma by providing them unconditional love and encouraging them to regain hope and confidence

From time and again, we've seen that animal therapy has been proved to be very effective and a great approach in the field of medicine. In the light of animal therapy, we'd like to present to you one such example that have been of a great inspiration.

Eight years old Jiyon Ganguly is ever so grateful to the one year old labrodor Simbaa for helping him cope with autism. From an early age of eleven month, Jiyon suffered through lingual skills. In the play school, the feedback received from his teachers wasn't encouraging for him or his single mother.  The teachers at school observed that Joyn found difficult to pay attention during the class and was always caught in his own thoughts. He avoided eye contact with his class fellows and was terrified of the loud noises. The signs were present there and hence; the principal of the Playschool suggested to Jiyon's mother that he should be examined by a doctor. 

After a doctor examination, it was found that Jiyon was diagnosed with autism. His behaviour after the examination only worsened and he became more aggressive when he didn't get what he wanted. 

His mother, Parama Bhattacharya, was later introduced to "dog therapy" as commonly known term for the animal therapy. In this therapy, an autism assistance dog would be trailed to meet the needs of the child suffering from the autism and help change the behaviour by introducing routines, interrupting repetitive behaviour and helping cope with unfamiliar surroundings. 

The dog, Simbaa, was trained Animal Angels Foundation and was  put through series of tests to be eligible to work as a "therapy dog". Though it was difficult in the beginning, the therapy proved to be extremely effective and helped Jiyon cope with his difficulties.

Further on, Jiyon was permitted to fly with his assisted dog, Simbaa from Kolkata. As per the general rule in plane travels, only humans are permitted to fly in the passenger cabins. Animals have to travel through cargo except in cases of disability where the trained animal is assist the passenger. Here, the disability is translated and understood as "physical disability" only. However, Jet Airways allowed Jiyon to fly with his autism assisted dog, Simbaa. 

This is a great initiative by the airline and goes on to show how the society is becoming more animal friendly and is taking consideration of the sensitivity of such issue.  

The relationship between an animal and human is the most fragile and beautiful relationship and it's amazing to see that the awareness about this is increasing amongst the people day by day. Before we leave, let's remind ourselves of this beautiful quote byArthur Schopenhauer..

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Credit: 
blessing-beauty
xbeyondwordsx
Anjel-Jot.

Edited by .HookandHybrid. - 9 years ago
To make this topic a little bit more interesting and fun, we asked the Crazy Creatives about their views on animal friendly relationship. 

Below is what they had to say..

1) Friend or foe, what do you think an animal is? 
Of course a Friend! Animals can brighten up your day anytime.

2) Which animal would you like to refer yourself to and why? 
Oh! I'd like to call myself the Lioness. I am really independent and brave. 

3) Describe a moment when you felt connected to an animal. 
I deeply connect with Dogs. Dogs are the most friendly creatures on this earth. There's a reason why they're called Man's Best Friend afterall. My neighbour has a golden retriver. They usually tie him to the wall in the afternoons and before even I can get inside my house he gets up and starts wagging his tail. He's so adorable. I love ruffling his fur.

4) What is your opinion about animal-human relationship? 
It's one of the most beautiful ones.

5) Which animal do you have or would like to have as your pet and why? 
Dog! Cuz They are my favourite!

A Friend first because when everybody sleeps at night and you come tired from work the only one living being who will be happy to greet you wagging it's tail even if you come at 3am. It will be ever enthuziastic to greet you. And because he/she will love you so much he/she can harm others who might want to harm you for that third person he/she will turn foe.

Owl, because i clock follows GMT despite of living in India. I sleep after sunrise πŸ˜†

I was really sad and was crying my heart out locking myself in the bathroom. It was only my dog who sensed it and bit the shit out of the door until i unlocked it and let her in. I hugged her with my dear life and cried. She was their with me without any complain letting me hug her.

There was another incident i can never forget. I generally eat my breakfast in the car while going to office. While on my way i say a horse having tears in his eyes and i felt he was starving. I unpacked my breakfast and offered it to him and trust me i saw so much love in his tearful eyes for me as if he blessed me. 

It's a very precious and the only relation that is unconditional. You can only bond with an animal if you are true to your heart and they will love you back unconditionally.

Definitely dogs. because they are easy to handle by anybody and definitely they are a man's best friend.

Animals are always a friend.

I think I'm a mix of a cat and a dog. Just like a cat, I'm independent but I'm also loyal to the ones I care about like a dog πŸ˜†

I'm not fond of animals as I easily get intimidated around them, especially dogs. But I feel connected to my friend's dog. Her dog has this habit of making her presence felt regardless of who you are, and she tries to reach out to you. So I was overwhelmed and intimidated at first, but eventually started to like and adore her. 

Animals and humans are capable of having a really great relationship; both are capable of living in harmony. It's probably one of those few relationships where there are no expectations from both sides; one filled with unconditional love.

I guess I would like to have a dog after the experience with my friend's dog. πŸ˜†

An animal can be both, it depends how you treat them. If you're friendly, they can be the most loyal best friends but if you are looking to find a foe in them, you will definitely find one. In this aspect, they're far better than human beings. For us, sometimes, even if you're friendly with someone they don't reciprocate in the same way. Animals don't judge, they don't choose, they're just there to be whatever you want them to be. 

I think I'm a tortoise. I am lazy and I sleep most of the time but I am capable to do all my work and protect myself whenever I need to. 

I went to my uncle's house in Jalpaiguri and he has a dog, a german shepherd. It was my first visit and so I was very reluctant to go. I thought I would just get bored but after a day only, whenever I would be alone, sitting on the stairs or out in the lawn, Charlie, the dog, would always come and sit by me. He would just sniff around while I would text or talk to a friend. But after a few days, I didn't need to text or talk to a friend because I could just sit and talk to charlie or play around with him. That's when I realised that dogs can be friends too and that's when I felt connected. It was like he knew I was lonely and he always came to cheer me up! 

I feel that it is one of the most long-lasting relationships ever. Once it's formed, it doesn't break until death. In literal words- Till death do us part. It's beautiful and you don't actually realise it until you've actually got a pet or you've formed that relation with an animal. They feel everything, they can see, hear and comfort you. They are loyal and they don't judge. They are actually very good listeners. They are always there for you. It's my favourite relation. 

5) Which animal do you have or would like to have as your pet and why
I've never had a pet. I've stayed with cousins and people who have pets. I want a German Shepherd as my pet because they are extremely friendly, loyal and very active pets. They have a long life and they are just so much fun! 

Both. Even a well-bred dogs bite.

Human. I do believe human are animals who believe themselves superior to the rest species.

I love cats and dogs. They are like your best friends. You can confront them anything (whether they understand or not) without being judged. When I feel low, I blabber on and on. They are the most faithful, silent listener.πŸ˜†

I definitely think that it's a complex relationship. It's amazing how an animal and a human can form a strong bond in just a matter of time. 

I had a puppy. Unfortunately, he died. Currently, I have fishes in my aquarium and yeah, I look after my neighbor's dog sometimes. I would like to own a horse in the future. No reason. :)

Always a friend.

I dunno...maybe a tiger. I just find the animal so fascinating...

I always do. I have a pet dog at home, and he is no less than my blood brother. Both are equal for me...and both affect me equally...

It's a relationship that a person understands ONLY if he has compassion...and that is a relationship which somehow develops when you're close to an animal...otherwise most of the people tend to consider them *just* animals...but they're no less than us? We're animals too...just the ones who can manipulate our sounds and brains alot more than they can...

People forget that, and treat them so badly...and I consider SUCH people as unlucky ones...who haven't got compassion in them. Animal-Human relationship is the most pious relation in this *entire* universe...coz the animal only knows to give love...and expects NOTHING in return.

I have a dog as my pet...and he means the world to me. Why would I wanna have a dog is because I wanted to have it!

I believe animals are both friends and foe.sometimes they are freinds and sometimes ty are foes.

I believe that I resembel an elephant, becouse I believe I am like an elephant peaceful, calm, and sometime very very aggressive.I dont resemble an elephant in looks though.

I felt connected to a puppy when a car hit him and he dies.he was such a cute puppy and next I felt connected to a fishe she was my first ever pet and qhen she dies I felt so bad.

I believe human animal relationship is important to maintain hormony interms of ecology and good natural balance.

I had fishes as pet till sometime.

An Animal is definitely a friend always :) they r faithful to anyone who loves them genuinely

A cat because of the calm nature and friendly vibe

A moment of connection has to be the one when my friends cat saw me after a month and came running to me as a long lost friend

The relationship between an animal and human is a complex one but filled with unconditional love without any selfishness

I'd definitely like to have a cat preferably the Persian ones because those are adorable and really friendly πŸ˜³

Depends on what the animal wants.

A lion because its a carnivores and I'm a thick non-vegetarian, it likes to laze around mostly when the tummy is full, same as me and yes it has a thick, healthy, shiny mane, a little better than mine but I have it too.

I don't know about being connected but I do remember once a kitten had frequented my backyard wall and she'll never come down from there. My mother would try to shoo it off but it won't budge  till it had finished its quota of meowing sitting on it. My mother used to say it's crying and would keep something to eat for it but it'll just keep up her tune. So after 2-3 days I started to sit outside and meow after her. We both would sit for long and it'll meow, then i'll meow and I think it used to wait after it's chance for mine. And after a week or so it stopped coming. I did felt sad.

We being considered more intelligent should not breach the lines of the animal habitat and deal humanely when they  breach ours. 

I'm not a pet person but a dragon I believe or a Siberian tiger. A dragon because "Dragon Heart" is my favorite childhood movie and I just adored dragons after that and a Siberian tiger because there is something very innocent about big cats, overlooking their manicure!

Animal is a soul binded of innocence & faithfulness. An animal won't harm any living creature unless it is treated wildly. It can be a man's best friend with sincere love & at the same time it can be a foe to an ill - mannered. 

I would like to think of myself as a Zebra. It's appearance depicts the nature's very law that there are two roads in a person's life. It depends upon him/ her which one to choose. :)

I had a dog who stayed with me for 15 years. I just can't accept the fact that it left me now. That dog was very close to me. Her presence will always be felt by the near & dear ones. 

It can be one of the most beautiful relationships if performed whole heartedly from both sides- without any expectation & with due love.

I would like to get my dog back who left me for her heavenly abode. Unfortunately I was unable to see her at the last moment. It is my dream to have her back, just for once & hold her tightly in my arms.

Both. It totally depends on your behaviour and attitude towards them. If you're caring towards them, you'll be returned the care in tenfolds. And vice versa. 

I'm a chameleon for sure. I believe I have different shades of everything in me. I'm calm but I'm also extremely aggressive. I'm very understanding but I can be stubborn. So yes, I'm a chameleon. 

Well, it wasn't a moment but when I caressed a cat for the first time in my life, that moment was special. The cat, Jack he was called, looked me with so much adoration β€οΈ

It's a very fragile relationship. Animals will treat you the way you would treat them. 

I'd love to have cat because they are just so beautiful and cuddly.

Beautiful thread, CC's
The relationship between an animal and his master is very special... I do not own any pets but one day would love to have a parrot with whom I could talk all day
Thx for this beautiful thread 
Me and my parrots love each other and always be loving each otherπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Pilothegirl - 9 years ago
Absolutely Beautiful Thread
Yes an Animal and Human bond is very special especially when the
animals are treated with love and kindness
What a beautiful thread and topic, CCs! πŸ‘ This one truly touched my heart! πŸ˜ƒ Thank you. πŸ˜Š
This relation is so special and one of its kind because it's all about how our hearts and emotions are linked for eachother. πŸ˜³ And remember just because animals can't talk, it doesn't mean they don't have feelings. Never treat an animal badly. 

I've seen animal cruelty happening and it's truly so painful to see it because I'm a huge animal lover. 

All they want is love and nothing else. πŸ˜ƒ

I absolutely adore and love my pet kitty to death! I can do anything for her! β€οΈ When she's not around, I always panic and everything seems so dull! And when she's around I just can't stop cuddling her! β€οΈ I really don't know what I'd do without her! <3

She's the one I love the most (and my mom ;))

Anyways, before I get senti...thanks for this thread! πŸ˜ƒ God bless all the animals out there! And truly this bond is beyond all odds! πŸ‘
Edited by pinkpearl5 - 9 years ago
My mornings begin with her running after me for food whilst I'm getting ready for school. πŸ˜› But tthe joy I get from caring from her and seeing her happy can't be expressed in words. πŸ˜³
Her happiness keeps me going and when I'm sad...she gets teary eyed too!!!!! <3
This thread is amazing, Thanks CC team for this thread
Gorgeous thread and gorgeous concept CCs
Amazing and heart-felt thread mates! LOVE IT!