Yudh 20: Paisa vasool !! - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
Thank you for this post and all the others you shared. :)
Thank you Shyamala
Thanks for your finale.In fact,for viewers like me your brilliant yet matter of fact anaylysis kept us glued to Yudh.
Disappointed with loose enda.Mona,Aruna,Yudh's first marriage?
A sequel may or may not come.
Aunty, thank you very much for all the PMs. I'm still catching up with them after watching most of the episodes in one go 😳.

Anyways now for the much awaited finale. It was an edge-of-the-seat action packed episode but the ending turned out to be anti-climatic (I'm reminded of the adage "started with a bang but ended with a whimper"). In fact while watching those sequences of the Yudh-Ajju showdown my glance happened to fall on the timer which showed the number of minutes remaining which left me with a sinking feeling that they were planning to end it just like that, and honestly that took away from the mazaa of Yudh bashing Ajju's face to a pulp 😒. Taruni's screeching every few seconds also did not help matters.

On the other hand, Anand facing Aditya...Oh My God...I had my heart in my mouth during those scenes! Loved the way Anand was calm and composed throughout, quietly getting the chocolates from the fridge before calling out to his son, and then him trying to distract Aditya with the chocolates without showing any fear, and later trying to cover his pain with laughter after getting shot, WOW 👏! The way Adi's face fell when he realized that the gun hasn't made any impact like in the video games and him dismissing it as gandi gun was such a relief. It just sort of hits home how elaborate the plan of the nurse was: first to get him addicted to violent video games, then get him an automatic gun to "play a live version" with his mom as target. Just sickening! It's hard to imagine what would  have happened if he had seen the blood on Anand's leg 😳.

As for the rest I really really wish they had stuck to their original plan of 30 or 45 episodes or at least they should have had a week more to tie up all the lose ends, show what happens to the other characters - Mona, Nikhil (does he know that it was Ajju who got Mamta killed?), how the auditorium incident gets explained, how Taruni comes to terms with what happened to her, what becomes of Ranjan, and most importantly how on earth does a nerdy corporate lawyer carry out such a detailed conspiracy and how did he get all the clout, manpower and funds to pull it off?? So much to cover here but everything is just left dangling unresolved. 

Yudh as a show overall was nothing short of fantastic but the abrupt ending kind of makes it feel incomplete, making me miss it all the more now.

Looking forward to your Loose ends topic.
Thank you so much, my breezy  young friend!

I am really most obliged to you, and to the others who have stayed with me, and with Yudh, for all of these 5 weeks. A writer, even a strictly amateur one like me, is nothing without readers. And  but for you and the 30/40 other faithfuls, I might well have abandoned the promise I made to myself, that I would do a separate post on every one of the 20 episodes of  Yudh.  One cannot writ in a void!

I am sorry to have got late with my proposed loose ends post. I have not been well, and moreover, I want to run thru all the episodes once more, to collect the points that would be relevant for such a post  and collate them. Let me see if I can get it out over the weekend, and more to the point, how much interest there would be in it!😉

As for your @blue, I have, if you remember, been hammering home this point   for the last 4 episodes. It is the single biggest loose end in the story. And yes, Nikhil would have guessed that it was Ajju who murdered Mamta Malik, even if he does not precisely know it, for he now has a  very good idea of what Ajju is like and what he is capable of doing to pull Yudh down.

One minor clarification. The 40 episodes option was in case Sony decided to telecast Yudh, as they did with Yashraj's Kismat in 2011, in half an hour episodes. Once they decided on one hour episodes,    the number was naturally cut to half, or 20 episodes. There was never any question of more, and the footage was all shot  and edited before the telecasts started.

The kind of open-ended finale gives rise to the assumption that they might have been planning a second season, but the dismal TRPs/TVMs must have put paid to all  that, alas!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by zephyr29

Aunty, thank you very much for all the PMs. I'm still catching up with them after watching most of the episodes in one go 😳.

Anyways now for the much awaited finale. It was an edge-of-the-seat action packed episode but the ending turned out to be anti-climatic (I'm reminded of the adage "started with a bang but ended with a whimper"). In fact while watching those sequences of the Yudh-Ajju showdown my glance happened to fall on the timer which showed the number of minutes remaining which left me with a sinking feeling that they were planning to end it just like that, and honestly that took away from the mazaa of Yudh bashing Ajju's face to a pulp 😒. Taruni's screeching every few seconds also did not help matters.

On the other hand, Anand facing Aditya...Oh My God...I had my heart in my mouth during those scenes! Loved the way Anand was calm and composed throughout, quietly getting the chocolates from the fridge before calling out to his son, and then him trying to distract Aditya with the chocolates without showing any fear, and later trying to cover his pain with laughter after getting shot, WOW 👏! The way Adi's face fell when he realized that the gun hasn't made any impact like in the video games and him dismissing it as gandi gun was such a relief. It just sort of hits home how elaborate the plan of the nurse was: first to get him addicted to violent video games, then get him an automatic gun to "play a live version" with his mom as target. Just sickening! It's hard to imagine what would  have happened if he had seen the blood on Anand's leg 😳.

As for the rest I really really wish they had stuck to their original plan of 30 or 45 episodes or at least they should have had a week more to tie up all the lose ends, show what happens to the other characters - Mona, Nikhil (does he know that it was Ajju who got Mamta killed?), how the auditorium incident gets explained, how Taruni comes to terms with what happened to her, what becomes of Ranjan, and most importantly how on earth does a nerdy corporate lawyer carry out such a detailed conspiracy and how did he get all the clout, manpower and funds to pull it off?? So much to cover here but everything is just left dangling unresolved. 

Yudh as a show overall was nothing short of fantastic but the abrupt ending kind of makes it feel incomplete, making me miss it all the more now.

Looking forward to your Loose ends topic.
Originally posted by sashashyam

Thank you so much, my breezy  young friend!

I am really most obliged to you, and to the others who have stayed with me, and with Yudh, for all of these 5 weeks. A writer, even a strictly amateur one like me, is nothing without readers. And  but for you and the 30/40 other faithfuls, I might well have abandoned the promise I made to myself, that I would do a separate post on every one of the 20 episodes of  Yudh.  One cannot writ in a void!

I am sorry to have got late with my proposed loose ends post. I have not been well, and moreover, I want to run thru all the episodes once more, to collect the points that would be relevant for such a post  and collate them. Let me see if I can get it out over the weekend, and more to the point, how much interest there would be in it!😉

As for your @blue, I have, if you remember, been hammering home this point   for the last 4 episodes. It is the single biggest loose end in the story. And yes, Nikhil would have guessed that it was Ajju who murdered Mamta Malik, even if he does not precisely know it, for he now has a  very good idea of what Ajju is like and what he is capable of doing to pull Yudh down.

One minor clarification. The 40 episodes option was in case Sony decided to telecast Yudh, as they did with Yashraj's Kismat in 2011, in half an hour episodes. Once they decided on one hour episodes,    the number was naturally cut to half, or 20 episodes. There was never any question of more, and the footage was all shot  and edited before the telecasts started.

The kind of open-ended finale gives rise to the assumption that they might have been planning a second season, but the dismal TRPs/TVMs must have put paid to all  that, alas!

Shyamala Aunty

First of all, hope you are doing well now, Aunty. No worries at all, you can take all the time you want to make the Loose ends post, we won't mind waiting one bit 😊

And secondly, thanks for the clarification on the number of episodes. I had erroneously taken the article below to mean that he was in the editing room busy snipping off more bits of scenes in the show which explains the many loose ends towards the climax 😆. Only another look at the article told me the editing was for some other project of his 😛.

Yes, I do recall reading your concerns about Ajju being MM with nothing shown to back up the fact, and the latest article on Avinash Tiwari who played Ajju also confirms that he was meant to be MM all along. Just wondering how someone like Anurag Kashyap would think this could be made to look convincing in the plot without a solid back-story 🤔. But then like you said, the makers may have been hoping for a second season to tie it all up but now looks as if the viewers are left to make their own conclusions.