Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QuietlyLoud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Naah,those are just hoaxes.๐Ÿค” Even the reputed Animal Planet once aired a documentry featuring a video clip that was supposedly  of a Mermaid's.It was later proved as a well made hoax.A cheap tactic to increase the ratings.
So if you ask me it's just a figment of imagination.Besides,there's no evolutionary trend that supports the existence of mermaids.
Edited by QuietlyLoud - 9 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: QuietlyLoud

Naah,those are just hoaxes.๐Ÿค” Even the reputed Animal Planet once aired a documentry featuring a video clip that was supposedly  of a Mermaid's.It was later proved as a well made hoax.A cheap tactic to increase the ratings.

So if you ask me it's just a figment of imagination.Besides,there's no evolutionary trend that supports the existence of mermaids.

Problem is that when we believe very strongly in something we tend to "see" whatever we believe in. Our own mind "creates" them too, and they will seem very real.
This applies to Gods and Ghosts too ๐Ÿ˜† but the former may move us forward and the latter backwards.

Mermaids are like the mysteries of the Loch Ness monsters, Yetis and Dragons.
Edited by Summer3 - 9 years ago
QuietlyLoud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Summer3

Problem is that when we believe very strongly in something we tend to "see" whatever we believe in. Our own mind "creates" them too, and they will seem very real.
This applies to Gods and Ghosts too ๐Ÿ˜† but the former may move us forward and the latter backwards.

Mermaids are like the mysteries of the Loch Ness monsters, Yetis and Dragons.

@Bold 
True,that!!! That explains almost all those ghost apparitions ๐Ÿ˜†
What's your view about aliens,though??
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: QuietlyLoud

@Bold 
True,that!!! That explains almost all those ghost apparitions ๐Ÿ˜†
What's your view about aliens,though??

Aliens I believe exist since the universe is so vast. What is so great about our planet that there cannot be others.
Unless they can travel at light speed or faster, there is little chance of meeting them.

charminggenie thumbnail
Originally posted by: LadyDabangg

Do they come in gents as well๐Ÿค“

Yes they do. They are called Mermen. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰
Edited by charminggenie - 9 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Now this is interesting:

KIRYAT YAM, ISRAEL - In what is believed to be preparation for the Jewish High Holidays, there have been reports of Israeli mermaids coming onshore.

KIRYAT YAM, ISRAEL -  There are multiple reports of Israeli mermaids coming onshore.

Sea creatures have made their presence known in the coastal town of Kiryat Yam. Says one resident, "We are so shocked that they have begun showing up here. They usually observe below the surface, but we think this year they may be looking to spend the summer with local residents."

Another witness said, "Those mermaids are usually so snobby, always drumming up excitement and then leaving to go back to the depths of the sea as soon as they get some attention. I hope they choose one or the other before they start upsetting the locals."

Being elusive creatures, many aren't convinced that what has been spotted in the Israeli town are in fact mermaids.

"They just looked like pretty ladies with funny feet to me," said one elderly resident. "But if they want to observe the holidays with me, I'd be happy to have them!"

But not everyone has been so welcoming. "They need to go back where they came from. They are scaring the children and bringing too many strangers to our shore. It's disrupting the peace," said one woman.

Regardless of the naysayers, town officials have begun erecting small pools of water in local synagogues in hopes that the mermaids will feel welcome to spend their holiday with residents.

"We'll do what it takes to make the merpeople feel as though they can come together with us as a unified people...of sorts."