Posted: 9 years ago

This is my gift of Janmastami to my readers

Picture edited by Mimi Gupta

Sequel OS:- Devdasi- Love OR God [click]

Devdasi-Love of God

Story Copy Rights are reserved on my Name..

Information about Devdasi Pratha: Devadasi is an ancient religious tradition of Hinduism in which girls are dedicated or married to a deity (deva or devi). They took care of the temple and performed rituals, these women learned and practiced classical dance and other Indian artistic traditions and enjoyed a high social status. But in medieval age this tradition was corrupted, the Devdasis no longer remain Dasi of Devas (or love of God) instead became prostitute of hungry society, they were used to entertain the sexual hunger of priests or king or some powerful men of society.   

It was starry night in the Murlimanohor temple of Rajatpura. But those shiny stars barely mattered for the Devdasis. Their lives were only dark without any star of hope. They did not lived actually, the slaves of the society only survived. Still some souls believed in life and thus wanted to live it with their love!   

Kanaklaxmi the Pradhana Devdasi of Murlimanohor temple was dressing at her chamber for the night prayer, little Krishnapriya was playing with her dolls at the floor.

"Mai, look my doll is getting married!"

Though the girl of eight is not Kanklaxmi's daughter, she was fond of this orphan child since the day Krishnapriya was brought here, in this temple. They used to spend most of the times together. Looking at the innocent child the Pradhana Devdasi Kanaklaxmi smiled, "Oh that's a great news! So with whom your doll is getting married?"

"Purohit ji told me he will find a perfect groom for her!"

By the mention of Purohit ji Kanklaxmi froze, "So the Purohit is eyeing this girl from now only!" she hugged the little girl like a mother and her mind trailed back to a memory, the day when she became the Pradhan Devdasi of the temple, rather dasi of the demons of society.

A crowd of people was waiting eagerly to watch the final dance of the Lady who would become the Devdasi of the Holy Murlimanohor Temple. They came to greet her and thus have a holy glance of her dance in one single cloth or "The Ekvastra  Dance". She had to sing and dance wearing one single long cloth as her sari. Though she will be in Ekvastra, she can't reveal. The dance art was like that. It will express her beauty but would not reveal any bare skin of her curves.

Watching a Devdasi ceremony was considered sacred. With completion of her song and dance ceremony, the lady will enter the main temple where the Pradhan purohit will accomplish her marriage to Lord Murlimanohor. Following this, the door of the temple will be closed, with only the Pradhan Purohit and the Devadsi inside. It was done to fulfill the last ritual i.e. offering the Devdasi to her Dev, though it was not hidden the Dev (or the demon) was none other than the corrupted Pradhan Purohit.

Her cloth would be given to a blind man by the Purohit himself, through the back door of the temple. The blind man will then rise the pieces of Ekvastra like a flag at the peak of the temple. The flag was considered to be the holiest and that is the only prize of the Pradhan Devdasi. Her Ekvastra will be the holy flag of the temple throughout the period she remains the Pradhan Devdasi. People will bow it with respect, and those Devdasi who didn't get the chance become "Pradhan" were devoid of that thing also.  No one was unaware what happens with a Devdasi inside the temple and the flag to which they bend their heads is just a sin of a tainted priest, yet they did it and considered it an object of respect. The darkness of their mind was darker than night, the Pradhan Purohit was equal to the God of the society.

Kanaklaxmi still remembers the day when the old Purohit closed the door of the temple with her, rather closed all doors of her life. After that the Purohit claimed her body, disrobed her in the sanctum sanctorum of the Lord Murlimanohor temple; his round bald face hid the celestial face of the Lord. When a terrible pain ransacked her body, she just noticed the melancholy smile of Sri Radha. Before she tried to wonder why Sri Radha was sad keeping her head at her love's chest Kanaklaxmi lost her senses. It was the first time she has been offered to a Dev. After that, she lost counts how many times she has been offered to how many Devs or Demons of the society.   

"No!" Kanaklaxmi nearly screamed as she recollected those nightmares. "I have to protect Krishnapriya, I can't let her become a Devdasi like me!"

But how! How would she protect her! She had seen the Pradhan Purohit Jagat Mohan ji, spending extra hours with this beautiful little girl, playing with her, when that old hag had no interest on playing. His greedy eyes did not miss that little Krishnapriya would be a jewel one day, her beauty is the blessing of the God, as if the Lord's melodious flute made her.

"Listen to me Krishnaa!" Kanaklaxmi cupped the little girl's face with anxiousness, "You don't have to disturb the Purohit ji for your doll's groom, I will find a perfect groom for your doll!"

The little girl smiled, "Okay Mai, will you find a groom for me as well?"

To this query, the Pradhan Devdashi has no answer, so she chose to remain silent.

"Mai tell me na, wouldn't you find a groom for me! Purohit ji says I am a Devdasi I can't have a husband!" The little girl's face fell.

Kanaklaxmi's heartbeat rose with worry, she hugged the girl and said to her something, to which she was half aware of, how would she know then that her statements will change the history of this temple one day.  "You are Dasi of your only Dev lord Krishna, He resides with you, He is your groom!" Kanaklaxmi cupped the little girl's face, "Next time if the purohit ji says that you can't have a groom, tell him that, you are Krishnapriya Love of the God of this temple. Lord Murlimanohor resides in your name." Little Krishnapriya smiled the most innocent smile while finding a content answer.

Ten years later

Kanaklaxmi's youth was at dusk. Her beauty no longer interests the Gods of the society. Sitting at the Sanctum Sanctorum of the temple, the woman of forty smiled, "Oh lord Murlimanohor now it's time to offer myself to you!" Somehow, the old woman realized why Sri Radha's beautiful face looks sad while she rests at her love's chest. It is because love is painful; it makes you content with its own tinge of melancholy. Kanaklaxmi was happy that she could love Krishnapriya like a mother. Her wrinkled eyes gleam each time she watches the cloud like dark eyes of the girl whom she considers her daughter, and soon her happiness vanishes, as she knows what fate would occur to her! She would become the next Pradhan Devdasi. The Pradhan Purohit has chosen her and no one can alter it, not even Lord Murlimanohor. But Krishnapriya in love of her Krishna was totally unaware of the darkness of the society. To her dark means only the complexion of Lord, which enlightens all. Ignorant of the fate which would occur to her, she just dedicated everything to her Lord. Night and day she used to sing or dance with the name of her Krishna.

Who knows what is destination?

My lord only you are my salvation

Hundreds of times, I lose my way

And thousands of time you show me the path

I want to forget me lose myself

Why do I still exist?

Without you

Would you prefer me to cry

And listen to the melody of my tears?

Then bind me, bind me with your vows of love

Give my heart thy shelter

Oh lord of Krishnapriya

Hear me, listen to my tears

Each moment is motionless

No more can I bear

Come to me oh Lotus eyed

Like whisper of my prayer

Take me to your abode

Like the sun embraces the fire

You are the only hymn

Which my soul wants to hear

Make me your flute

Caress me with your melody

Darling lord of Krishnapriya

Would you prefer me to cry?

And listen to the melody of my tears?

[my poetry]

Her voice was sweeter than honey, her song belonged to her soul, whoever heard it became content, but her dearest Mai Kanaklaxmi goes restless with it every time. "Krishnaa!" with affection she called her, "What kind of song you are singing, you are praying to the Lord for tears!"

Krishnapriya with her moon like serene face and night like hair looked at her Mai, "What more can I desire from my Lord Mai! It's my tears which brings Him nearer, so it's not my tears, it's my affection and Lord adoration!"

" Krishnaa when will you understand you are going to be the PRADHAN DEVDASI!"

"I am a Devdasi! Haven't you told me once Mai!, darling to the Lord!" Krishnapriya's voice rang like melody

"Yes but you were a child then but now...

"My dear Krishnapriya, how are you doing?"  As she heard Pradham Purohit Jagat Mohan's grave voice Kanaklaxmi's sentence remained incomplete.

With innocence and reverence, Krishnapriya bowed to the Purohit and the old hag kept his hand over her head for some extra moments, pretending to be blessing her.

Kanaklaxmi was scared to death witnessing it, from the day of her childhood Krishnapriya considered herself a dasi to Lord Murlimanohor, for her, being the Pradhan Devdasi means devoting herself completely to the Lord, though she had done already!

" Oh Lord Can't you see how the demon cupped the face of  your purest devotee, pretending to be like an affectionate father! Oh Lord don't you know how he would end up with my Krishnaa!" Kanaklaxmi's motherly heart cried with pain, desperation, agony. She can't save her daughter from these demons, "But won't you Lord! Won't  you save your darling, Krishnapriya!"

Cupping Krishnapriya's moon like face the Pradhan purohit uttered with a smile, "Its time for you to visit the head sculptor."

"Of course Purohit ji." With same innocence, she replied.

Purohit Jagat Mohan has decided to make some new idol in the temple and its walls, including the icon of the deity Murlimanohor. Famous sculptors were brought to complete the assignment. They had to work with various Devdasis, but Krishnapriya could meet only the head sculptor, Indranath. The man of forty-five once in his youth fell in love with Kanaklaxmi, the Pradhan Purohit was completely aware of that. For this, he even wiped out an eye of the sculptor. The reason for calling him again was, the Purohit thinks he has bought the Indranath's fear, so he can trust him rather use him completely now.  

Somehow  Krishnapriya's eyes fell on the weeping eyes of her Mai.

Delicately like a Goddess, she wiped her tears, "Few moments ago you scolded me for wishing tears from my Lord! Now why can't you hold back yours Mai!" Her bud like lips full with a honey sweet smile. Kanaklaxmi forgot all her anxiety within a moment.

"Mai I will return back within few hours promise!" hugging her Krishnapriya left.

Pradhan Purohit Jagat Mohan closed the door carefully after that and shut it tightly, Kanaklaxmi's heart paced fast. He is a man of sixty, but his physical strength is no less than devil. Though he appears like a wise and holy priest to everyone, his eyes were cunning . With his white attire and a solemn face he manages to earn everyone's respect except the Devdasis of the temple!

"Laxmi!" he yelled, his eyes full with devil's desire. Kanaklaxmi could not move from the place from where she was standing.  He hold her throat tightly, his face same solemn, Kanaklaxmi cried with pain. Then gravely he asked, "How many times I have to tell you that I don't want Krishnapriya to learn about the original Devdasi custom!" anger burst from his eyes. Kanaklaxmi tried to say something but words did not came out, her breathing almost stopped due to the strong grip of the Purohit at her throat and she wished secretly it to be stopped forever, she can't watch her beloved Krishnaa to become something like her!

"Krishnapriya is a beauty with innocence!" his cunning eyes danced with the pleasure of lust,  "and I want her like that!" he jerked Kanaklaxmi and a sly smile crossed his lips, as if he could read her mind and he don't want to miss the joy seeing her burning with agony. " Laxmi how dare you were to fall in love with a sculptor when I am the one who made you Pradhan Devdasi!" He thought.

"If Krishnapriya ever learns about the original Devdasi custom before her first night, Indranath's another eye will be gone!" Kanaklaxmi looked furious and her fear gave the purohit an utter satisfaction, "or do you want me cut his fingers!" he ended with a snicker.

"No!" she managed to utter somehow.

Pleasure crossed his lips, "I knew your mother like attitude is fake, once a dasi, always a dasi." He let out a laughter and threw her forcibly.

Kanaklaxmi burst into helpless tears; she didn't know how would she save her Krishnaa, "Oh Lord Murlimanohor have you turned lifeless like your flute? I don't hear any tune, its misery and only misery I have got, and the same misery will be fated to my Krishnaa, your Krishnapriya!"

Indranath has seen many a Devadsi in his life, made many idols of them. Some are rare beauties and exceptional like his Kanaklaxmi, but Krishnapriya was different, she was different to all. She  was not just a beauty, she was like raindrops on an unpleasant summer afternoon, warm sun on frosty winter, wherever she goes spring comes. Like the mother nature she is giving, but not wanting anything in back, her beauty was celestial, but she has no pride about that. Each time Indranath tries to shape stones with this maiden's feature he fails, Oh Love of God, oh Krsihnapriya, you feature is like the tune of Lord's flute, how can this mere sculptor give you shape in a lifeless stone!" he thinks and sighs, " Oh Kanak you are lucky to hear "Mai" from this maiden's lips! She is not a Devdasi, she is a Devi"  again he tried to shape a stone with her face, but again it gave him complete disappointment.

"Devi you can return back to your chamber, as you can see my age is not permitting me to make anything as beautiful as you!"

"Kaka, nothing in this universe could be as beautiful as my Lord!" Krsihanapriya uttered in her honey sweet voice, "I think you require some rest". She smiled. The sculptor bowed to her.

"Kaka you are making me uneasy now!" she said

Indranath stood up he smiled at her words.

"Anyway Mai sent some sweets to me, would you have some Kaka?"

Tears escaped his eyes and he nodded. His Kanak still remembers what sweet he liked.

Petal eyes are full with hope,

It rests with serene peace

Wide awake at the very next

Happy she is

As her god knows what she desires

She is feels sad

Does my Lord know!

She cries, but sadness escaped her eyes

If flowers can bear thorns

Radha is ready to die

With fire of your love

Oh my Hari

Each time you play your flute

Every time I lose my heart

I want to fly, fly with your color of love

But I fright of losing myself

Still each time you play your flute

Every time I lose my heart

The passion of your love engulfs Radha

It's brighter than every light

Deeper than each color of Holi

Even if I fright to lose myself

I am lost already

[my poetry]

It was divine view when Krishnapriya sang and danced with her song at the Aarti time of the temple, various other Devdasis joined her. But she took no notice of it, she was totally lost, and the other devdasis followed her while she danced and sang only for her Lord.  After the Aarti all were busy in having the holy prasadam of the Lord but an eye was fixed to statue of the deity and only the deity of stone saw that all fear escaped from that eye.

"You made the stone icon Lord and foolish I am going to curve you at a stone!" Indranath uttered slowly.

Finally the day has come when Krishnapriya will become the Pradhan Devdasi of the Murlimanohor temple, it was the day of her "Ekvastra Dance". The Purohit ji sent a beautiful scarlet sari for her. Krishnapriya touched it at her forehead. Kanaklaxmi saw that her nightmare is coming true, yet she can't say anything except sighing. " Krishnaa you are touching the cloth at your forehead, which will shatter your dream within few hours!" silent tears fell from her eyes.

"Mai I deeply respect what Purohit Ji gave me to wear, but I can't wear it!"

Kanaklaxmi stayed silent, she too never wants her daughter to wear that demon's gift, but she also knows it will only result the Priest's wrath.

"Mai, I want to seek his forgiveness, but I can't wear it! My love for Lord is simple dull like the color white!" tears escaped her eyes and she took out a red-bordered white sari.

"Krishnaa your love for your Lord is as pure as this white!" Kanaklaxmi hugged her and then she started to prepare the Love of God.

"Oh Lord Murlimanohor!"  Kanaklaxmi make a silent prayer, "Today I prepared your bride not any new Devdasi of your temple, if I was ever a true mother, let those demons touch only the feet my daughter!"    

This year more people came to watch the Devdasi ceremony of the Murlimanohor temple, as it was not only the Devdasi ceremony but also the day of establishment of the new idol of the deity.  After the newest Devdasi (i.e. Krishnapriya) offering ceremony will be completed, the deity's face will be revealed in public. Only the Head Priest and the newest Devdasi will witness the deity's face first.

The stage for dance was prepared beautifully; it looked no less than a bride. It was decorated with beautiful flowers and diyas. Magnificent starts embraced the dark night while dancing and singing the other Devdasis never dared to look at it. Their devotion remained to their Gods and their fear did not let them look at the sky so above. But when Krishnapriya entered in her Ekvastra, her cloud eyes touched the dark sky first, it remindes her the complexion of her Lord, smiling with devotion she started to sing and lost in her dance

Who am I without your affection?

Oh lovely Lord, Lord of my love

I am just a statue

A lifeless body of dust

Color this statue with the hue of your affection

Fill it with your flute of your adoration

Shower me with your seven-colored love

She took some yellow color dye from a thali and put that over her cheek, as it was her Lord's favorite. The way she moved her body, put her taals, it was recognizable that she was not in this world. The person who drummed the dhol with her song also shed tears in sorrow. None was unaware what fate will occur to her after few moments, but the love of God ignorant of everything sang and danced only for Him.

For this yogini's yog is as dull as white

Bathe me with the ailment of your love

She closed her eyes in passion, smile crept her lips.

This is the only jewel I crave for day and night

Oh lotus eyed adorn me with it

Make me smell like a lotus

The beautiful night is as smooth as your dark hair

A moment's distance stabs me like a dagger

She looked at the night sky again, tears welled up her eyes, she was happy extremely happy, yet cannot refrain from being sad. She closed her eyes and let the river flow from her beautiful eyes.

My soul resides in your heart

If you breathe then I burn

Burn me, with the beautiful fire of your affection

This is your yogini's only aspiration

[my poetry]

When she ended her dance, the crowd did not applaud for few moments, as they were lost, lost with her song and dance.

Kanaklaxmi ran from there to a deserted corner of temple, she can't witness her Krishanaa's dream is being crushed rather she is being crushed.

"You have proved Lord that I am only a dasi! I can't be a mother. So this dasi of yours will prepare the pyre for another dasi!"

She started gathering wood sticks from here and there; her tears were dried.

Just at that moment she felt touch of a pair hand from her back, those hands once used to become reason of her heart beat, with which she was so familiar with, it finally let her emotions out, Indra!" she burst into tears immediately.

"Kanak don't cry!" the sculptor cupped her face. But it was impossible for her to stop, "Oh Indra! My Krishnaa will die; she will die today! I know her, she can't bear this, when inside the temple she will meet the demon instead of her Lord she will burn herself alive!" Kanaklaxmi fell on the ground.

"I said don't cry Kanak!" Indra hugged her tightly, but how could he stop her! She was a mother after all! His embrace was not enough to heal her soul, still Indranath kept trying his best, "It is easy to find your God in a human, for you know your God is hearing you, feeling you, answering you back. But your Krishnaa dedicated her affection to a piece of lifeless stone, she makes HIM God at every moment. Don't consider her that weak Kanak." 

The door of the temple closed with the newest Pradhan Devdasi and the Purohit. The crowed cried out some devotional songs. Krishpriya sat solemnly in front of her Lord, and she was lost.

The head priest Jagat Mohan looked at her from top to bottom, in her Ekvastra she was looking most appealing lady of this mortal world, yet she is completely unaware of it, and that made her more attractive. His eyes burned with lust.

The deity was still veiled with an ornamented blue cloth. The cloth considered sacred, as it's color depicts love of the Lord Sri Radha. So, before anyone can witness His face, Lord Murlimanohor rested within His love's veil.

Krishnapriya's beautiful lips curled into a smile. Her eyes still closed, god knows why, the only hymn which came out of her lips were

[my poetry]

"Krishnapriya your Lord haven't given you sindoor yet!" The Purohit uttered half smirking, as the time of having his jewel came nearer.

She did not answer instead continued singing the same lines in front of the veiled deity.

[As per custom, the Pradhan Purohit himself gives sindoor to the Devdasi in front of the whole crowd, as he was considered the door to reach the Lord. However, Priest Jagat Mohan haven't done this ceremony saying, that the Lord Krishna Himself will provide Sindoor to His Krishnapriya. That will make more donation money inside the temple, as people were aware about Krishnapriya's devotion]

Holding the sindoor in a thali the Purohit started to come nearer, "why are you praying to the Lord who can't even witness your beauty!"

She still did not stop her song, her lips still holding the smile. The priest in rage pulled her buns.

"So you dasi know everything huh!" The Purohit slapped her and Krishnapriya losing her balance fell on the feet of the Lord and part of maang went red with blood. Tears escaped her eyes as she looked at the Deity, which was still veiled with a sacred blue cloth, favorite of her lord's love- Sri Radha.

When she raised her from the ground her voice clear and confidant, "Mai never said me anything, but I always used to wonder why her beautiful face is bruised, then one day I saw you entering our room. I wanted to show you my groom Lord Krishna, which Mai just told me then, but you closed the door before I could enter, and then I...

She could not complete her sentence as broke into tears. She was only ten then, when her Mai said that her love is only the Lord and that was also the very same day when the darkest part of the society was revealed to her.

"I agree my love for lord can never be as pure as white, no matter how much I love Him, desire Him I have to serve those where I can't see my Lord at all. Yet I loved Him, not for escaping the life which is laid for me, because if the other Devdasis and my Mai has lived this life, I have to live it too." Passionate tears escaped her eyes, yet she breathed calmly, "So Purohit Ji go ahead, do whatever you wish to do with me, but I request please do not call my Mai just Dasi again. She is a mother."

The Purohit went furious and he pulled her hair.

"So all your innocence was just for show!"

She cried in agony, "I was only protecting Mai".

"Now who will protect her?" His let out a demonic smile, "I wanted that naive you, who haven't learn the secrets of love yet, but here I see you know everything girl!" he slapped, she lost her balance and fell in front of a lamp.

Immediately she took out a Diya and tried to burn her face, " If you don't accept my request I will burn my face!"

"Do you think that will make Laxmi safe?"

"As you have already declared me the Pradhana Devdasi, you cannot alter it even if my face is ruined. Who will look at a burned face Devadasi! You cannot offer me to any royals and aristocrats then. No one will donate in this temple and then where will be you Priest!" For the first time the Purohit heard Krishnapriya's fragile voice rang like a storm!

And the head priest hated it, " Okay I understand my mistake, I will not touch Laxmi again." Saying he came near to her. "And seriously why will I need to touch Laxmi again, now you will be entertaining me, innocent or not your beauty is truly divine Krishnaa". He ran his finger across her face, she closed her eyes in abomination. Seeing it, he Priest pulled her hair again

"Dasi don't you dare to disrespect me, because in this temple I AM THE LORD!" He burst out in a devilish laughter, and then started to pull her sari. Krishnapriya closing her eyes, keeping her beautiful smile on her face intact started to hymn the song of hers..

Oh my Lord

This is your yogini's only aspiration...

[My Poetry]

He fumed and pushed her harshly, " Sing something else for me. I am bored with the same song from the evening repeatedly!"

His torture could not effect Krishnapriya, she went on humming. The Purohit slapped her, she losing her balance again she fell on the floor and this time she did not make any move to stand, just went on singing those same lines.

"Your silly songs and prayers will bring you nothing Krishnaa. The thing you consider your Lord, is just a curved stone, look at me I am your Lord!" 

"I told you Purohit Ji, I don't desire any except than my Mai and other Devdasis!" she stopped for a moment, "But my poor heart, just cannot stop humming my Lord's name!" a drop of her tear fell on the ground.

Right then a disastrous storm came, as if it wants to destroy the world and it's existence.

The Purohit lost his balance due to the restless wind, but his lust was still alive and he dragged her sari again!"

Hot tears escaped Krishnapriya's eyes.

The Holy cloth, which was covering the deity, fell on her by the force of wind. Right after then oil lamps from the Sanctum sanctorum started to fall on the ground losing balance due to the current of air. Fire blazed out, making a circle around Krishnapriya and her Deity. The Purohit immediately pushed back by the wrath of fire. He could see the object of his desire is standing at the stone deity's feet and when his eyes reached to the idol, he fell on the ground.

"No!" he screamed, and Krishpriya  was shaken at his voice but soon she realized she was at her Lord's feet. She didn't know how much tears escaped her eyes, all she knew it won't be enough to adore her Lord, nor would it be sufficient to stop the fire inside her heart that He has kindled.  So He indeed burned her with the fire of his affection! Krishnapriya became so content with it that the hot breath of blazing fire could not irritate her. 

Again and again she sang and hugged the Lord's lotus feet into her bosom.

"This can't be true, this can't be... The Purohit Jagat Mohan can't complete his speech as he witnessed something through the light of the glowing fire in front of him.

The idol of Sri Radha at Lord Krishna's chest is the exact replica of the Devdasi Krishnapriya!

When the Purohit's eyes fell on the Krishnapriya of blood and flesh he saw blood on her forehead looked just like a sindoor from her Lord and the Holy cloth which used to adore only the main deity till date was protecting the dignity of His love.

"Krishnapriya- Love of God!" he murmured, for the first time tears escaped from his eyes, he fell on the ground bowing to her.

Workers came as they noticed fire in the Garvashai (Sanctum Sanctorum), after the fire was controlled all eyes fell on the deity then on the newest Devdasi.

"She is no Devdasi, she is a Devi!" uttered one and everyone joined him, soon the news reached the crowd, which were ransacked due to the heavy storm. However, while learning about a Devi in a Devdasi many came back ignoring everything.

"Jai ho Devi Krishnapriya ki!" all said together.

Just at that moment, Kanaklaxmi entered the temple with Indranath. She rushed to her Krishnaa and hugged her tight. From her Krishnaa's back she could see the stains of blood at the Lord's feet, she broke the hug and then noticed her daughter properly, then to the idol and then saw the Pradhan Purohit at the ground bowing to the ground.  She heard the crowd's loud cry humming the name of Krishnapriya and started weeping immediately; it was cry of a woman who found out that she is not just a Dasi, but a MOTHER.

The storm has passed, weather was calm, and all left the temple except one. Smiling with delight Indranath precede to the Garvashai, he touched the deity's feet with devotion. Then he looked straight at the idol, which he had made with his soul.

"Oh Lord of love your Krishnapriya deserves to rest at your heart only!"

She had no wish to become any Goddess, neither had she wished to be worshipped by people along with her deity, Krishnapriya only wanted to be His dasi. But, she understood, this is the only way to give freedom to the suffering souls and ensure the lives of those who dare to dream. The Pradhan Purohit was sent to Sanyas for the rest of his life. No men of the kingdom were allowed to touch a Devdasi against her wish anymore. Devdasi, no more remained Dasi to the God (or slave of the society), she became Love of God and once again turned the figure of true respect. 

Like and comment, all the poetry in this update are written by me, if possible please put a comment on my poetry too ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sequel OS:- Devdasi- Love OR God [click]

Poetry:- The Worshiper [genre: Romance] 

My works on Mahabharat

1.Duryadhan OS:- I - The Unconquerable One (My Thank you note at Page 2)

2. Anuraag- Karn-Supriya & Duryadhan-Bhanumati OS (click)

3. My C.N.A.T

Edited by panchaali - 7 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Oh Panchali this is really so sweet of you. A janmashtami update๐Ÿค—
I will read and comment soon
wow panchali this was intense! I was completely submerged in story!
This is writeen beautifully it is a masterpiece about the darkest secrets of this society ...
Your writing style reminds me of reading Sarojini Naidu's work...
Though I would say you are unique ..
The lyrical poetry was indeed mesmerising...
I could feel each and every event as I was advancing i wouldnt say trans but it was quite real ...
This is a commendable Janmashtami tribute...
Edited by frappie - 9 years ago
Originally posted by srishtisingh

wow panchali this was intense! I was completely submerged in story!

Thankz you completed reading!!!

Thankz a ton..

I thought no one gonna read it as the update is soo long ๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

Oh Panchali this is really so sweet of you. A janmashtami update๐Ÿค—
I will read and comment soon

Thankz and I'll wait 4 ur comment ๐Ÿ˜Š
Originally posted by MysticRiver

Nice...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Thankz dear ๐Ÿ˜Š
Paanchali, very very well written, a heart touching story, u brought out issue of devdasis, which is still prevalent!!
The poems are a masterpiece, enough said.
Originally posted by Madhura..

Paanchali, very very well written, a heart touching story, u brought out issue of devdasis, which is still prevalent!!
The poems are a masterpiece, enough said.

Thank you darling๐Ÿ˜ƒ

thankz a ton for reading this long OS..๐Ÿค—

and you read the poetry also

awwwn love u ๐Ÿค—

I thought people will avoid seeing its length..
res!!
will read n comment ๐Ÿ˜ณ